A Study in Petticoats

Spanking in all media other than Comics. This includes single-panel cartoons since they are not technically sequential art.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

A Study in Petticoats

Post by daneldorado »

Speaking of "Spankings in Media," I hope you all got to see the STARZ presentation of "A Study in Petticoats" (1960) this week. That show is from Season 5 of the old TV western series "Tales of Wells Fargo," and shows the star, Dale Robertson, spanking the young and nubile Diane Jergens. I had heard for about 50 years that there was a good spanking in that show; but we never got to see it, since NBC never bothered to re-run it. But now, STARZ has.

In this tale of the Old West, Wells Fargo agent Jim Hardie (Robertson) finds he has to teach the feisty Stephanie (Ms. Jergens) a lesson; so, in time-honored fashion, he sits down, puts her over his lap, and pulls her long skirt all the way up, exposing her bloomers (remember, this is the Old West). He proceeds to spank the seat of those bloomers, and to my eyes his hand does make solid contact to her seat. But of course, under those bloomers, the young Ms. Jergens (25) had to have been well-padded.

We get to see only four (4) swats land on their target, but there are another twelve or so that supposedly take place off screen. Still, four swats is not nothing. We have all seen so-called spankings on the screen that consist of only one swat, or no swats. All sound effects, no action.

Diane Jergens plays her role very effectively. Her Stephanie is a capricious minx who decides early in the show that Jim Hardie is her "intended," and he must marry her. Of course Hardie has no such intention... and, as if to drive his point home, he gives her a humiliating public spanking. Her reaction is like that of a "spurned female," and Ms. Jergens pouts and makes the whole incident quite funny.

Cheers,
Dan
Sweetspot

Re: A Study in Petticoats

Post by Sweetspot »

Dan -
I appreciate your review of the spanking scene recently and finally televised from Tales of Wells Fargo season 5 episode 5 A Study In Petticoats. I was able to view this highly anticipated spanking of the lovely Diane Jergens on STARZ Encore. I first heard about this specific scene decades ago. It turned out to be a very good scene, one of the best from the older TV westerns. The beautiful Diane Jergens was excellent in this role before, during and following the spanking. A scene well worth the wait in my humble opinion even though the director cut away to show the reaction from her brothers during the spanking that was nothing less than to be expected from a mainstream scenario. Proof that the spanking is a success can be assumed in that the love-struck Stephanie goes from calling her spanker Jim before her discipline to Mr. Hardie after. She is allowed up and turns to face her brothers seeking comfort perhaps even someone to revenge her humiliation. But one brother simply says, "We should have thought of that!"

Also, for an episode first seen in 1960 this, I assume restored copy, was in excellent viewing condition. Phil - Overbarrel will appreciate the use of the barrel in the spanking and her expression after she sits her spanked bottom on the barrel is pretty priceless. Loved the way the girl was dressed (and undressed) and in fact, spanking aside, this wasn't at all a bad episode from a classic western. A good case could be made for the justified spanking of the other leading lady whose foolish and selfish actions put herself in danger and in bringing a gunslinger to town helped cause the death of a young man - although in his own way he was a gunnin' for trouble.
Diane Jergens.jpg
Diane Jergens.jpg (31.79 KiB) Viewed 9529 times
mtv is the name used by the person who captured these images on STARZ Westerns
TalesOfWellsFargo1thanksmtv.png
TalesOfWellsFargo1thanksmtv.png (559.63 KiB) Viewed 9514 times
TalesOfWellsFargo2bymtv.png
TalesOfWellsFargo2bymtv.png (560.77 KiB) Viewed 9514 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

You have deleted your earlier post about this subject, in which you inquired what other TV spankings may have shown us an Old West girl being spanked on her bloomers. You also suggested that this one, "A Study in Petticoats," which first aired in 1960, might have been the last such TV spanking ever.

Close, but no cigar. In 1969, the long-running "Death Valley Days" aired an episode called "The Taming of Trudy Bell," in which the eponymous Trudy (Valerie de Camp) receives a righteous over-the-knee spanking from actor Buck Taylor. Yes, this is another Old West scenario where the actors are dressed as in frontier days, and Trudy is wearing a long dress which her spanker raises up to reveal her bloomers, which are then subjected to a fairly lengthy (for TV) hand spanking.

We might also consider the theatrical movie "McLintock" (1963) as another production in which the spankee -- the wonderful Maureen O'Hara -- is spanked in her bloomers. And a good time was had by all.

But for me, the very best bloomer-spanking scene has to be from the NBC television show "Wagon Train." In that show, the episode called "The Maggie Hamilton Story" (1957) gives us not only an entertaining spanking scene but also some splendid acting, on the part of the spankee, played by actress Susan Oliver, and her spanker, series regular Robert Horton. To my mind, that scene delivers some of the best dramatic acting ever, on series TV.

And ya know what? That scene shows us NINE swats landing, and we get to see them all. :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

two more images posted by mtv [name used by person who posted these images at Chross message board.
TalesOfWellsFargo3frommtv.png
TalesOfWellsFargo3frommtv.png (549.93 KiB) Viewed 9513 times
TalesOfWellsFargo4courtesymtv.png
TalesOfWellsFargo4courtesymtv.png (546.22 KiB) Viewed 9513 times
mtvs last line on his image dropping post at Chross message board on the subject of "Petticoats" was "We always keep the faith Dan".
Yay Dan! You've had a heck of a good seven days. Am I Kee..rect?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Alas, I don't get STARZ, so I couldn't record the scene for CSR readers. Some episodes of "Wells Fargo" are available on DVD but as far as I can determine, this one is not. If we're lucky, someone will have recorded this scene for us; otherwise, we'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD, which I can then convert and post on CSR.

By the way, the PC Police at YouTube removed my Wagon Train spanking because some cranky feminist type complained. They also removed my "Banacek Butt Slap" because supposedly the copyright owner objected (I guess they never heard of Fair Use). My attitude toward YouTube at this point is "Screw them" so I doubt I'll be posting any more videos there. I can still self-host them as long as too many people don't download them at once, which only happens when they're first posted. And of course the excellent scene between the late Robert Horton and Susan Oliver can still be found in the CSR Video section.
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

See post below for link.
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

SEEN IT VERY VERY VERY GOOD SPANKING :D :D :D 8-) plus the after spanking was GREAT with her sating on the barrel and jumping up due to a still sore bottom :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said this was a Very GOOD Spanking from tv 8-) only I wish it was the older woman that got spanked being she was just as bratty as the young girl :twisted: plus it would have been more humiliating for her to have her dress pulled up and spanked on bloomers :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

I don't have starz either and somehow I managed to miss the spanking in "A study in Petticoats" when it originally aired. From the still pics posted by Phil S. I can see it's certainly one I would like to see :D . Dan and Phil S., thanks for filling us in on how all this went down. That makes me want to see it all the more :lol: . I just loved the pic of her after spanking pout :lol: . Dan, I think you might be right about her reacting as a spurned female 8-) . Phil S. , your mentioned the role the barrel played in this one but I can barely see the barrel in the still pics so I'm looking forward to seeing the whole scene in video so I can get a better idea of how that all goes down :D . Thanks for the report on this. Dan, I have seen "the Maggie Hamilton story" several times and I agree that it's a great scene. At the time I first saw it, there were no VCRs or other video recording devices however, I did have a tape recorder and I smelled a spanking coming so I set up the Reel to reel recorder and managed to capture the audio of that spanking. Even without the video, it was still obvious that a spanking was taking place :D . Years later, I did managed to get the whole show recorded on a VCR, although I'm not sure just where that is now, but I've still watched it many times :D Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Phil -
Thanks for the kind words.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2t-kY ... kxdG8/view

the above link of the spanking scene is provided through the courtesy of mtv (once again the person not the cable station).

I put the audio of the second spanking from McClintock! on a reel-to-reel tape recorder when it made its TV network debut in the mid-sixties. Of course I had to do that on the sly since I wasn't in the mood to explain to my parents or older brother why I was doing such an unusual thing. As you might expect the quality wasn't much but to me it was worth gold!
Phil S
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Sweetspot wrote:the above link of the spanking scene is provided through the courtesy of mtv (once again the person not the cable station).
Thank you for putting the link here on C.S.R.

I remember seeing it when I was really young. I had been flipping channels and got to Tales of Wells Fargo, just as it was ending. The clip you found is about the same as what I saw. I never got to see the rest of the episode, but I could tell that the girl's brothers were concerned that Jim Hardie had possibly been leading her on.

Until recently, I didn't know the identity of the pretty spankee, or the title of the episode.

I'm not quite sure they called it "A Study in Petticoats", because she seemed to be wearing only one petticoat under her dress, and he didn't really take time to study it before pushing it out of the way so he could spank the seat of her pantaloons! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's surprising how accurate my memory of this scene was after so many years! It must've made a real impression on my dirty young mind. The only difference between the actual scene and what I remembered, is that only one of the brothers was bearded, and I had thought that they all had beards.

I can remember how surprised and aroused I was when Jim Hardie raised the girl's skirt and petticoat... but a little bit disappointed that her pantaloons didn't fit her a little tighter. There was no real indication of the shape of her bottom.

But mere four years later, along came McLintock! Wow! Those pantaloons sure hugged Maureen O'Hara's shape! Especially after she fell into that trough!

But, I digress... Thanks again for sharing that link.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting the link..........I really enjoyed it :D . Phil O.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Hugob00m & Phil
You're Welcome. mtvs /"Tom"s effort is much appreciated in providing that clip - which I'm sure he intends to be used for education and critique. ;) I posted a message to Tom and asked him to place the clip here at CSR but he told me his request for complete Forum access is still being processed. So I grabbed it from where he had placed it at the old Chross board.

Anyway, I as evidently you do, prefer the term pantaloons over bloomers although I have to plead ignorance as to the technical differences. I was "around" in 1960 but I was too young to have any control over the TV even if I had known what was happening. Hopefully soon you will be able to experience the Petticoat clip in a higher quality than this clip shows - On STARZ Encore it's a nice clear picture like the screen captures above. Thanks to COMCAST and a promotional week I was able to get this western without actually subscribing to STARZ.

I also noted that the pantaloons seem large for Diane/Stephanie's slim rear. I thought a couple of things on the subject. 1) Take what you can get out of wardrobe. 2) Loose fit to cover padding.

In the opening narration Hardie explains to us that trouble doesn't always come in the form of a man with a gun but that sometimes troubles arise from a woman. Petticoat is a shorthand word being used to describe a female. The same way the words "a skirt" was once popular slang for female. In this case we are going to school with Professor Hardie by studying the whims and wonders of these two blonde bad-girls. In the end, the younger girl gets a spanking and Whitney Blake's character learns her lesson the hard way by almost getting herself killed. So its a study of women and personally I think they both should have been spanked but that's just me - and you.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for your efforts, Phil. I have downloaded the clip now so it can be re-presented here on CSR. I've never been able to embed a video player on this board, so I will do it over on the main site as soon as I can, not during April, with everything we've got going on now, but soon I hope.

I don't know exactly why the code I use for the Windows Media Player doesn't work here, but apparently the BBC (Bulletin Board Code) can't recognize HTML. Those of you who know any HTML will recognize certain similarities, for instance in the way italics and boldface are used - the code on this board is the same except that square brackets are used instead of the "< >" which are used to enclose HTML tags.

And extra thanks for mentioning that Tom (MTV) was trying to join the board. He hadn't sent me an email, or if he did it was accidentally deleted, so if you hadn't mentioned it he would have been deleted today along with hundreds of spambots who tried to register (the nerve of those guys :x ). But thanks to you, he's a full-fledged member of this board now, and speaking for everyone, we're glad to have him aboard. :)
-- Web-Ed
MTV

Post by MTV »

Glad to be aboard gang! While he may not remember, Dan and I have corresponded in the past, and I've actually contributed a couple of scenes to his well regarded compilations. This was back when scenes were much more difficult to come about. Hopefully there are more "Holy Grails" to stumble upon,..

We keep the faith,..

Here's a link to a nice One-swatter in one of the more wierder episodes iof Zena. Jump to 8:30.

Enjoy,.,

http://video.meta.ua/8537651.video

Tom
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Welcome to the CSR Forum! That was a very nice swat in Zena :o . I was watching an episode of Dr. Who just last night on BBC America and was surprised when the Dr. gave Clara a swat but that one was shown from her front and not from her rear like this one is. The Dr. Who episode I'm referring to was from 2013 and involved the saving of a town called Christmas. Clara gets swatted as she is introducing the Dr. to her family pretending that he is her boy friend. My surprise is from the fact that I've read (within the last year) a fairly comprehensive article on the subject of Dr. Who spankings and this scene didn't come up.
Phil S.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Swat in Xena

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for pointing this one out, Tom. :D I was never a Hercules nor Xena fan, so I never saw any of these scenes. Xena does seem to have inspired some spanking art, however, and I know we've seen something from Endart along those lines. Also, I'm sure I've got one or two other examples of Xena-related spanking art someplace. We'll get to them eventually - I wish I knew when, but I can't even see how I'm going to get my Star Wars spanking material up this year, the film's 40th anniversary. I barely know what day it is any more :? .
-- Web-Ed