Return of the Captain

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
jimc

Re: Return of the Captain

Post by jimc »

Thank you Dan, This was an excellent start of Captain Woodshed in color. I like how you made the bottom glow and the coloring did add some definition to the art that I had missed before. So I thank you for the time to color it as it is a long process I am told, but we reaaly do appreciate the effort. I enjoyed the original story, but I enjoy this version better. Thanks again and have a great day.
Jim
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

jimc wrote:

Thank you Dan, This was an excellent start of Captain Woodshed in color. I like how you made the bottom glow and the coloring did add some definition to the art that I had missed before. So I thank you for the time to color it as it is a long process I am told, but we reaaly do appreciate the effort. I enjoyed the original story, but I enjoy this version better.

Youre very welcome, Jim. But you said "this was an excellent start of Captain Woodshed in color." Did you miss seeing the earlier stories? There was one in which CW is confronted by a sexy foreign spy, and another where he spanks a naughty shoplifter. Those were posted here too, and in color.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes, while I did see the spanked shoplifter one in color I must have missed the spy one in color. Sometimes like I was telling Phil that I would have time to just glance at some of the things in CSR as I shared a computer and I would not remember seeing it or reading about even though I see I had commented on it. So I will try to see the others in color I do think it does add to the experience of Captain Woodshed and I do enjoy them more in color I think because the colors you have chosen for everything is more vibrant and I do think enhances some of the definition that I may have missed before. I enjoy your lettering in the speech balloons as it does tell the story better and I always enjoy a well turned phrase (Your Spy's comment (He gave me a warming) was to me one of the highlights of the strip. I enjoy spanking esp. otk so I enjoy the stories, but cannot comment on them sometimes as I had commented earlier and just did not remember it or my computer was down and I missed it entirely. Have a great day.
Jim
daneldorado

OK, time for the geeks

Post by daneldorado »

As you know, I am NOT a computer genius. For the past weekend, I have been trying -- and trying -- to post the final color panels of my Captain Woodshed and the Bank Robbers episode. And I am being rejected by this infernal machine. Can somebody please remind me how this is done? The pictures are already colorized and ready to be posted. But I am drawing a complete blank on just HOW I can post them to the CSR board.

Anybody want to help?

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: OK, time for the geeks

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:As you know, I am NOT a computer genius. For the past weekend, I have been trying -- and trying -- to post the final color panels of my Captain Woodshed and the Bank Robbers episode. And I am being rejected by this infernal machine. Can somebody please remind me how this is done? The pictures are already colorized and ready to be posted. But I am drawing a complete blank on just HOW I can post them to the CSR board.

Anybody want to help?
Hi Dan - you did the first part of the episode the way you always did - you uploaded the images to Image Titan and then linked to them using the "Img" button that appears when you write the post. The button generates this code in the body of your post:

{img}{/img}
where I have replaced the square brackets with curly ones to prevent any BBC (Bulletin Board Code) from being executed. The next step is where BBC drives me crazy with its inconsistent syntax! You put the URL of the image in between the first and second pair of brackets, which is different from the way you do hyperlinks. Thus as an example:

{img}http://www.imagetitan.com/directoryname ... e.jpg{/img}

where you get the directory name from Image Titan after you upload the file, and the file name is of course whatever you chose. Since your files have been JPEG, I put the ".jpg" extension in as a reminder that it is necessary - if you list the file name without its correct extension, the file will not be found and the resulting page here on the board would show the "img" tags but not the picture.

It is also possible to attach the files rather than link to them, but that is an entirely different procedure. I usually link them myself, but then I have the advantage of being able to be my own host so I don't need Image Titan :) . If your problems continue, you can email your files to me and I will host them myself, providing you with the URLs you need for your post here. :geek:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

i was just reading the instructions given you by web-ed. GEEZ! that all sounds really complicated to me :? and i doubt i could even figure it out :lol: . i always just open an post and then just attach the files to it. all you have to do is go to your gallery and hit reply. when it opens, click "add files", then find the pic on your computer, click on it and then click open. it will download and you just click on place inline before you submit it.

web-ed,

having told Dan all this, i did encounter a possible hybrid problem when i attempted to do this. once i hit reply, the old version opened first which has the "browse" button on it. when i tried to use that, it brought up a page with an error message. if you just wait a bit after the original reply page opens, it will go ahead and change to the new version??? i didn't actually try to post a pic but i will be in the morning. i'll let you know if i have any "issues" phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks again, to Web-ed and overbarrel, for their invaluable contributions to my computer knowledge.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Caught the crooks, turned the mastermind's ( or should that be the mistressmind's ) arse scarlet and won a heart all on the one day.
A good day's work! :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

i was pleasantly surprised to find the end of our Captain Woodshed story this morning :D . in the first part of the first panel you posted, i thought you captured the action very nicely 8-) . her legs are kicking and her fists are clenching as she realizes that getting a spanking HURTS :lol: . i also think you have captured the moment when our naughty bank manager is just beginning to lose her composure. she stares at her stinging bottom in pain, distress and disbelief as a single tear rolls down her face. i like all the little details you take the time to add such as the garters tugging at her hose and her slip showing a bit from under her raised skirt 8-) . in the second part of that panel, we change to the next phase of the spanking as her submission is complete. she is lying limp over our hero's lap, bottom up high, head low and she is squalling as CW applies the finishing swats to her bottom :D .

in the second panel, i love the way she is rubbing as the police take her away :lol: . i also love the peek under her skirt giving us a last look at her slip, garter belt and hose.............such interesting things for for a man my age to view 8-) . again, i like the little details...........a single tear still on her face and her glasses cocked sideways on her face :lol: . i also like her expression. i don't think she likes our hero :lol: . on the other hand, the other bank employee appears to be looking longingly at CW. i think she wants him to spank her bottom too..........and maybe do some other things to her 8-) . the new colored series has all the fun and action of the original black and white but the color takes it to a new level. thanks for taking the time to do this and share it with us :D . phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi Dan, I am glad you got the computer problem worked out. I really enjoyed the 2nd panel of the spanking action as the coloring on her bottom, her expressions and esp. her positioning were really outstanding. I enjoy the Captain Woodshed groupie as well and wish she would ask for a demonstration of how he saved the day and brought the mastermind to justice. I enjoyed all the hair styles to the bank manager and the groupie. Great story. Thank you and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Hi Dan, I'm very pleased you got your difficulties straightened out, and I'm sorry to be so late to the party. I don't like to let a week go by without checking on what our Resident Artists have posted lately, but I'm just swamped with problems like last week's board update so I have definitely fallen "behind" in my work.

What a satisfying conclusion to our story! Our bad girl really took a good spanking from the good Captain! Great OTK positioning as always.

"She'll stand trial for bank robbery" the cop informs CW. She may be standing all during the trial if it's held anytime soon, judging from the stinging effect lines and the way she's rubbing her bottom :lol: !

As for the coloring, I don't think I have too much to add. I've gone over all the panels again in sequence, and the coloring holds consistent from panel to panel. As I've said before, I think it adds a great deal while losing nothing. I know it was a lot of effort, and that was before you had to struggle with the uploading process so thanks for taking the time to do all this for CSR's readers :) .

Maybe I could write some php code that would allow you, b00m, and Phil to upload your images to CSR (without attaching them through the board), but I'm not sure it would be that much of an advantage, especially since b00m and Phil prefer to attach their images anyway rather than link them. :geek:
-- Web-Ed
Aoba

Post by Aoba »

It's great to see Captain Woodshed in action again! I've never seen this one before and i loved it. The lady was beautiful - with a lovely, feminine body - and definitely deserving a good old fashioned spanking. And it's very good to see that she certainly felt what she got. The kicking, the tears and pleading - it was all just as it should be in a real, discipline and well desrved spanking given from my favourite super hero. I think this naughty madam will long remember the lesson she got here!
Thank You very muchfor creating this excellent strip and sharing it with us!