Another Spanky Sal

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Another Spanky Sal

Post by daneldorado »

Hi... Believe it or not, one of your spankos contacted me privately and asked for more "Spanky Sal."

For those of you too young to remember Sal, she is a character I created in a comic strip in the 1990s, for the spanko publication "Stand Corrected." The print publication folded about the same time the digital age arrived, so that was the end of Spanky Sal, or so I thought.

But then I began to produce single-panels of Sal (full name: Sally Johnson), mostly just to please myself. Since these were one-off panels with not much backstory, I simply posted them here, in the Chicago Spanking Review, for the benefit of those who may still be interested.

Sal was once a high school substitute teacher when she wasn't much older than a teenager herself. In this panel, she is being (thankfully) spanked by one of her students.

How about this: How about those of you that like these panels, LET ME KNOW, okay? Maybe -- just maybe -- Sal has a future after all.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Re: Another Spanky Sal

Post by jimc »

I always enjoyed Spanky Sal. I esp. liked your Father's day one with Sal and her Father. So please do bring her back as I think all spankos love her even though we don't tell you enough. Have a great day. Jim
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Wow! You can just about see the steam coming off Sal's big round bum!

Tommy really let her have it. :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

i would dearly love to think that Spanky Sal still has a future :D :D :D . i had never seen any until about 2002 when we were all still hanging around at Arild's moviespanking but quickly became a big fan ;) . of course, i became a big fan of Sam Swatt and Captain Woodshed at the same time :D . that's why i started a folder in my hard drive entitled "Dan". i think i still have everything you posted at Arild's in that folder too plus the colored versions you've posted here 8-) . anyway, i always loved Sal's adventures and would love to see more :D there are a couple of things i like about Sal........that big bottom for one 8-) . i realize that it's bigger than what younger men think is attractive but what the hell do they know? those of use of the older persuasion still remember when girls were curvy and voluptuous and were supposed to have a bigger bottom :D . what these young men don't know is that girls with big bottoms like for those bottoms to get some attention from men and in many cases , it's not a problem for them if that attention comes in the form of a good spanking 8-) . that brings me to the other thing i like best about Sal, when Tommy is spanking her, even with tears streaming down her face, she still has a hint of a smile on her face ;) . she may not have liked all the spankings she's gotten but with the right man doing the spanking she's getting something out of it besides a blistered bottom ;) . anyway, i'll be thrilled to see any drawings staring Spanky Sal, whether they are single panels or strips like you used to do. thanks for sharing these. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Yeah! It's good to see Sall with her big, round, bright red bottom again!

I'm wondering about something, though. Lately I've only seen Sal getting spanked by Tommy, and I've never seen Tommy spank anyone else. Do they have some kind of exclusivity thing going nowadays?
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:

I'm wondering about something, though. Lately I've only seen Sal getting spanked by Tommy, and I've never seen Tommy spank anyone else. Do they have some kind of exclusivity thing going nowadays?

No, not specifically. But you've been following Spanky Sal for a while, so you've probably seen her get a "father's day" spanking from her Dad.

The notion of young Tommy spanking his teacher, Miss Johnson (Sal), came to me after publication ceased on the magazine that was publishing the longer comic strips. In those, you may remember her getting spanked by a traffic cop, one of her boyfriends, and the professor who created the Spanking Machine... among others.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Hey Dan,

I'm a bit under the weather today, but even with bleary eyes I can appreciate the new Spanky Sal - thanks for doing this one for us. I know I've mentioned this before, but "Spanky Sal" is one of the more common phrases people enter into the search engines that brings them to CSR (after the obvious things like "Chicago Spanking") so there is definitely still some interest in this character, even with her days in printed hard-copy being so long ago.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I can remember Tommy giving OT Katy a few spankings, two where he met up with her after they both left school and one where Sal & Katy changed appearance on Independence day. Tommy spanked Katy & Bullmoose spanked Sal.

It was on Wolfie's page.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

willjohn wrote:

I can remember Tommy giving OT Katy a few spankings, two where he met up with her after they both left school and one where Sal & Katy changed appearance on Independence day. Tommy spanked Katy & Bullmoose spanked Sal.

No, that never happened. Sorry you misremembered that cartoon, whatever it was.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I misremember nothing. It is on Wolfie's page as "Together again for the first time."
Marco G.

Post by Marco G. »

daneldorado wrote:willjohn wrote:

No, that never happened. Sorry you misremembered that cartoon, whatever it was.

Cheers,
Dan
Hmmm?

Katy (Katie) and Bullmoose are characters of hugob00m's O. T. Katie series.

Sal and Tommy are, of course, Dan's creations.

"Together again for the first time" was a joint effort of Dan and b00m (or at least a cross-over of the characters) that was saved by Phil "Overbarrel!!" from Arild's old Yahoo group. See David Wolfe's post from May 17, 2011 that reposts the images.

Dan has a series "Tommy and Miss Johnson Redux" with Independence Day as a theme back in 2011 or so.

Marco G.
"Confused in California"
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

willjohn wrote:

Now I'd really like to see that. Do you know the URL?

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote: Now I'd really like to see that. Do you know the URL?

Cheers,
Dan
hi Dan,

this is something that you and Boom did together at Arild's. i have it in my files and i can repost it here if you would like. just let me know. phil
Marco G.

Post by Marco G. »

daneldorado wrote:willjohn wrote:

Now I'd really like to see that. Do you know the URL?

Cheers,
Dan

Dan,

Here is a link.
viewtopic.php?t=303

If the link doesn't work you can find the article with the images by a search on this forum for Together Again For The First Time.

Thank you for the recent Sal and Tommy posts!

Marco G.