Captain Woodshed

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Re: Captain Woodshed

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks a lot, Web-ed, by posting a message here following b00m's troubling comments about "re-runs."

This is the absolute truth: I don't remember ever posting my latest colorized story, "Captain Woodshed and the Jewel Thieves" more than once before. This latest version is, of course, the first time it has been seen in color, and if I may say this without being branded arrogant, I think it's the best colorization I've ever done. Maybe I did post the b&w version a couple of times -- maybe -- but the color version is all new. Colorizing an existing b&w cartoon is infinitely difficult, and a tedious job to boot.

My main problem right now is my computer: I need a new one. But this year, my wife and I have had multiple demands on our funds, as we are both senior citizens and both living on pensions. Don't cry for me Argentina, we are doing all right, but little "extras" like new computers have to be put on hold.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Captain Woodshed

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Thanks a lot, Web-ed, by posting a message here following b00m's troubling comments about "re-runs."

Colorizing an existing b&w cartoon is infinitely difficult, and a tedious job to boot.
It sure is, Dan , so thanks again for taking the trouble! :)

daneldorado wrote:My main problem right now is my computer: I need a new one. But this year, my wife and I have had multiple demands on our funds, as we are both senior citizens and both living on pensions. Don't cry for me Argentina, we are doing all right, but little "extras" like new computers have to be put on hold.
I believe JimC. needs a new computer also, and we learned recently that B00m is working hard in retail (lots of jobs there but not much money). It is said that anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything, but when I think of how many of us on this board are basically just getting by, if that, in what used to be a very prosperous nation, I think it shows that something is terribly wrong. Exactly what that something is I won't say because I don't write about politics here (I do under another name in some other venues), but it's quite obvious in the current political season that a lot of Americans have come to exactly the same conclusion.

I think Phil's (Overbarrel, to distinguish him from Sweetspot) computer is o.k. as it was custom-built for him, while I'm getting by with a cheapie laptop and a very nice desktop that I built myself, thus saving a little money while being able to use luxury-class parts. However, building a computer is not for everyone, so I can only suggest you keep your eyes open for some bargains. Something will show up, believe me. Try a MicroCenter computer store if there is one in your area.
-- Web-Ed