Captain Woodshed

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Re: Captain Woodshed

Post by daneldorado »

And here is the grand finale. Thanks to overbarrel and willjohn, who posted comments to this Captain Woodshed.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

That round seat would really be hot after that. It would be on fire! :oops:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

I agree that her bottom would be on fire. At the same time, I'm not sure if you and your friends have noticed the dichotomy in the two panels following the large double page that introduces the spanking. What I was intending to convey in these panels is the passage of time.

The first panel following the splash page showing the blonde crime moll being spanked by Capt. Woodshed and it show a slight reddening of the target area, but then in the panel immediately following it, the blonde's fanny is an angry shade of red. Obviously, this condition does not occur in only one or two minutes. Rather, a fully spanked bottom signifies a long, hard spanking. That is what the two adjecent panels cannot imply by themselves. So it is necessary to show the lady's bottom a fiery red, meaning it has been a lo-o-o-ong spanking to that point. And this dichotomy must be understood by the viewer. So, when she gives up and gives her tormentor the information he is asking for, it is because she is physically exhausted and thoroughly spanked.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Dan,

You and Willjohn have already discussed the passage of time in your 5th panel. To take this a step further, I think we have here another example of just what happens when a naughty girl is also stubborn 8-) . CW has already indicated that he's willing to keep spanking her until she tells him where the jewels are hidden but she stubbornly refuses, even knowing that she has no chance of escape. In the first part of the panel, her bottom is already starting to sting and tears are beginning to flow but she still refuses to give in. Of course, our hero has no problem continuing to spank her naughty bottom and even says "you need to be spanked anyway". :D . In the second part of the panel, she finally gives in, but not until her bottom is blistered. She's a typical, stubborn spankee who has to be spanked to submission :lol: .

In the last panel, I love the view we get of her, sobbing and subdued with a look of regret on her face as she tries to regain her composure. That's almost as good as the spanking itself 8-) . Of course, the drawing of her holding up her dress while she rubs her well spanked bottom is a nice view too :D . I love the gag in this one and also the expression of irritation on her face as she has to explain to our hero which hot seat she was referring to :lol: . Thanks for sharing this with us :D . Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

overbarrel wrote:

Of course, the drawing of her holding up her dress while she rubs her well spanked bottom is a nice view too :D . I love the gag in this one and also the expression of irritation on her face as she has to explain to our hero which hot seat she was referring to :lol: . Thanks for sharing this with us :D . Phil

Thanks again Phil, for your very generous comments about my Captain Woodshed. One extra note: In the very last panel, my intention was to have the thoroughly spanked girl glaring daggers at her tormentor. Just look at her eyes. Boy, if looks could kill, right?

I guess b00m and Web-ed are on vacation.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

daneldorado wrote:I agree that her bottom would be on fire. At the same time, I'm not sure if you and your friends have noticed the dichotomy in the two panels following the large double page that introduces the spanking. What I was intending to convey in these panels is the passage of time.

The first panel following the splash page showing the blonde crime moll being spanked by Capt. Woodshed and it show a slight reddening of the target area, but then in the panel immediately following it, the blonde's fanny is an angry shade of red. Obviously, this condition does not occur in only one or two minutes. Rather, a fully spanked bottom signifies a long, hard spanking. That is what the two adjecent panels cannot imply by themselves. So it is necessary to show the lady's bottom a fiery red, meaning it has been a lo-o-o-ong spanking to that point. And this dichotomy must be understood by the viewer. So, when she gives up and gives her tormentor the information he is asking for, it is because she is physically exhausted and thoroughly spanked.

Cheers,
Dan
While she was referring to the burning sensation in her bottom The Captain was referring to the electric chair. Another nice touch.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Captain Woodshed and the Jewel Thieves

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:overbarrel wrote:
I guess b00m and Web-ed are on vacation.
Right you are, Dan! I have sneaked out of town to get a few days rest after having only 5 days off all year. And I had to spend so much time trying to get Homecoming Week done last week that once it was I had to stay away from CSR long enough to get to a lot of other things that had been neglected. (I can't speak for b00m, but remember he was having some issues posting not long ago).

But now I can take a few minutes to check out the color version of Captain Woodshed and the Jewel Thieves, a story I remember from a few years back. As I've said before, I think the color adds quite a bit without losing anything, and superheroes are almost synonymous with four-color (as they used to be) comics also.

Lots of good stuff here, most of which has already been commented on. I liked panel 6, in which CW deftly disarms the bad girl, pulling her arms up behind her head in a way which thrusts her bosom forward. The bosom can be neglected in a spanking story for obvious reasons, so it's nice to see it get some attention here.

The use of spanking as an interrogation tool gives us the opportunity for three full spanking panels, all featuring an ideal OTK position (very important) plus a rapidly reddening rear, which is great story construction! In fact, I think law enforcement should consider using spanking on those "hard case" female suspects who are simply too hardened to respond to lesser methods :lol: !

Finally, our happy ending: the bad girl finally surrenders, as every spankee eventually must, and gives up the goods. She got the "hot seat" all right, and well-deserved it was :D !

Thanks for giving us this colorized version of another adventure featuring that spanking super-hero, Captain Woodshed!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I've not logged on a lot lately. I have a full-time retail job, AND I'm trying to fix up a house to move into. It seems like so much of the time, when I do log on, I get interrupted before I can finish a post.

Also... in the case of this story... I hate to say anything negative... but perhaps you'd rather have criticism than silence.

I really miss Captain Woodshed. I'd like to see a new Captain Woodshed story, but all I've seen recently are re-runs.

You did a nice job colorizing, but I've seen this story before. A lot of times.

I miss Captain Woodshed!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Good luck with your house, Boom.

If the bandit lady was a bird she would be what in Australia we call a "Red Bummed Bulbul."
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:I've not logged on a lot lately. I have a full-time retail job, AND I'm trying to fix up a house to move into. It seems like so much of the time, when I do log on, I get interrupted before I can finish a post.

Also... in the case of this story... I hate to say anything negative... but perhaps you'd rather have criticism than silence.

I really miss Captain Woodshed. I'd like to see a new Captain Woodshed story, but all I've seen recently are re-runs.

You did a nice job colorizing, but I've seen this story before. A lot of times.

I miss Captain Woodshed!
I must admit, B00m, of all Dan's creations, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Captain Woodshed also. I think it's likely that anyone into spanking and super-hero comics would feel that way, although possibly Spanky Sal has received more queries (that is, through search engines where the requestor was ultimately referred to CSR). I don't keep cumulative statistics from CSR's log tapes (what an idea!) so I can't be sure which feature is more popular. (OTKatie gets some queries, too, by the way, in case I've forgotten to mention that).

I can't help with your job in retail (a tough line of work) or your house (although I've done some remodeling). As for the trouble you're having once logged on, all I can say is that I haven't taken the board down for maintenance since June and hope I won't have to again until some time in 2017. However, as I have mentioned in the past, our board here is dependent on certain resources being available from CSR's host, and he may not give them a very high priority since they don't involve, for example, credit card transactions. If a resource becomes unavailable, for example when you've written a post, then you may not be able to actually update the tables (which is what uploading your post with the "Submit" button does). I can only suggest that in case of long posts, right click on the body and do a "SELECT ALL" followed by a "COPY" to ensure that your entire post is in your clipboard. Then if the board is unavailable, you can copy from your clipboard into a text document (use a word processor or Microsoft's Notepad to save the file). Then when the board becomes available again, copy from the document into the text window. :ugeek:
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks a lot, Web-ed, by posting a message here following b00m's troubling comments about "re-runs."

This is the absolute truth: I don't remember ever posting my latest colorized story, "Captain Woodshed and the Jewel Thieves" more than once before. This latest version is, of course, the first time it has been seen in color, and if I may say this without being branded arrogant, I think it's the best colorization I've ever done. Maybe I did post the b&w version a couple of times -- maybe -- but the color version is all new. Colorizing an existing b&w cartoon is infinitely difficult, and a tedious job to boot.

My main problem right now is my computer: I need a new one. But this year, my wife and I have had multiple demands on our funds, as we are both senior citizens and both living on pensions. Don't cry for me Argentina, we are doing all right, but little "extras" like new computers have to be put on hold.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Thanks a lot, Web-ed, by posting a message here following b00m's troubling comments about "re-runs."

Colorizing an existing b&w cartoon is infinitely difficult, and a tedious job to boot.
It sure is, Dan , so thanks again for taking the trouble! :)

daneldorado wrote:My main problem right now is my computer: I need a new one. But this year, my wife and I have had multiple demands on our funds, as we are both senior citizens and both living on pensions. Don't cry for me Argentina, we are doing all right, but little "extras" like new computers have to be put on hold.
I believe JimC. needs a new computer also, and we learned recently that B00m is working hard in retail (lots of jobs there but not much money). It is said that anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything, but when I think of how many of us on this board are basically just getting by, if that, in what used to be a very prosperous nation, I think it shows that something is terribly wrong. Exactly what that something is I won't say because I don't write about politics here (I do under another name in some other venues), but it's quite obvious in the current political season that a lot of Americans have come to exactly the same conclusion.

I think Phil's (Overbarrel, to distinguish him from Sweetspot) computer is o.k. as it was custom-built for him, while I'm getting by with a cheapie laptop and a very nice desktop that I built myself, thus saving a little money while being able to use luxury-class parts. However, building a computer is not for everyone, so I can only suggest you keep your eyes open for some bargains. Something will show up, believe me. Try a MicroCenter computer store if there is one in your area.
-- Web-Ed