Dan toons revisited?

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Dan toons revisited?

Post by daneldorado »

I was doing some end-of-the-year housecleaning, and I found these old toons of mine. I may be wrong, but I don't think these have been posted to this forum yet.

Whether you have seen these toons before or not, your comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Dan
overbarrel49

Re: Dan toons revisited?

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

I got a kick out of your birthday spanking :D . That girl must have something against cake and balloons :lol: . To be honest, I thought the confused young lady holding he balloons, should have understood all she needed to just by looking at the hopeful expression on his face as he applies his hand to her firm, plump bottom 8-) . I would think she would be relishing all this attention :lol: . As always, you have presented us with a wonderful drawing........especially the upended and embarrassed spankee :D .

Even at that, I really like the spankee you've drawn for the "educational" spanking :D . For one thing, I always like to see a naughty, young lady with her dress raised, showing not only her panties but also a garter belt and hose :D :D . I also like the camera angle one this one as it shows off her plump bottom and shapely legs really well :D as her bottom is receiving the education she wanted and no doubt needs 8-) . Of course, you always have your spankees in the perfect position but in this one, it seems even better than usual to me, with her bottom up just a bit higher. It could be that camera angle again I guess. It appears from his expression that our spanker is determined to give her a stern lesson 8-) . She has a much more worried and distressed look than our birthday girl in the other one........probably for good reason :lol: . Thanks for sharing these with us. Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks Phil, for always responding to my artwork in a kind and meaningful way. You are quite right, the birthday girl is a bit confused over the extra attention she gets from her boyfriend during her birthday week.... of course you and I, and the 43 other visitors here (all of whom have neglected to offer a comment) are not fooled. We know and understand just WHY the lad keeps investing in cakes and snacks and balloons almost daily. He gets to give his girlfriend a "birthday" spanking almost every day! The expressions on their faces give the game away! I'm glad that somebody got the point.

Just between you and me and the silent lurkers, this page of toons would have disappeared from this forum if you had not stepped in with a comment when you did.

Cheers,
Dan :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote:Just between you and me and the silent lurkers, this page of toons would have disappeared from this forum if you had not stepped in with a comment when you did.
It looks as if I almost missed this post! I've been really busy lately and haven't logged in for quite some time.

Both of these cartoons are a lot of fun, and as usual, you show off these lovely young ladies' legs and bottoms nicely! The one about an education is one I've never seen before, and I'm glad to see it now. The lesson her man is teaching her may not be exactly what she had in mind... but it's bound to be burned into her memory!

The man reminds me a bit of Rory Calhoun. Did you have anybody in mind when you drew his face?

The birthday one is one I've seen before. It's my favorite one-panel spanking-toon that you've ever drawn. I love the perplexed look on her face, and the amused look on his face. And most of all I really love the way you drew her alluring backside, all propped up for her "birthday" spanking! Heh heh! Nobody in this forum wonders why he would want to celebrate her birthday multiple times! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for posting these.

btw. I colorized your birthday cartoon a while ago. If you'd like to see it, I'll post it.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm under too much pressure to check our board every day, Dan, so I'm glad you didn't delete these before I could snatch a few minutes away from putting out various fires to see what's new here. You know, I think I saw your "Birthday Spanking" cartoon somewhere but I can't remember where. Perhaps it was even b00m's colored version. It's a worthy successor to the great Humorama cartoons of the past, exactly the kind of thing another Dan, namely Donato Salvadore (Dan) DeCarlo (now you know why he signed most of his cartoons "DSD"), might have done circa 1957. We have a pretty girl in fine OTK position, with the humor being driven by the characters' contrasting expressions: innocent puzzlement for the spankee, a knowing smile that functions almost as a wink to the reader on the spanker.

The "Good Education" cartoon also reminds me of Humorama, but the tone is different, less like DeCarlo and perhaps more like Bill Ward, whose later obsession with enormous boobs unfortunately distracted from the fact that he was really a very good gag man. Here the young lady is getting more than she bargained for when she asked for a good education, but our spanker apparently remembered the three "R's" of education: "Reading and 'riting and 'rithmetic, taught to the tune of a hick'ry stick!" She should count herself lucky that she's only getting a hand spanking and not the hickory stick across her nicely-upturned fanny. Her discomfiture is our pleasure. :lol: I don't think I ever saw this one before.

Since I've never had the time to assemble a "Dan Rivera Gallery" over on the main site (we do have some of your work in two of the galleries, Comics 2 and Humor), it's fortunate that you posted these here where people can see them. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Nice to see a couple of new TOONS DAN 8-) can`t blame those guys for wanting to spank theirs girls specially with big bottoms like that :D like the education spanking she got that look that the spanking is going to be hard :lol: hope to see a return of Sam Swat soon Love Detective spanking drawings 8-) :lol: :lol: THANKS!
daneldorado

Found another one

Post by daneldorado »

Once again, this is a new/old find from my files, probably from the 1990s. And once again, I'd appreciate comments. Does anyone wish to comment on this, one of my oldest toons? Pro or con, I wanna hear from you.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Isn't that from an early "Spanky Sal" strip?
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

willjohn wrote:

"Isn't that from an early "Spanky Sal" strip?"

Nope, WJ... When I drew this toon, I'm not sure Spanky Sal was even on my spank radar. That should give you an idea how ancient this cartoon is.

As I said earlier, I did some cleaning out of my old files at the end of 2016... to get rid of a lot of old junk and make room for my new junk. :D Most of the old stuff I found was truly tossed out, but I did find a few early toons I decided to share with you. I think you saw a couple of toons from that effort, earlier this week. So, here's one more.

There is a slim possibility that there may be some additional salvageable material. I'll keep looking. But honest to God, I didn't expect there would be ANY useable stuff, when I started cleaning out my files.

Meanwhile, WJ... Thank you for being the first to actually COMMENT on this post. I'd like to keep on contributing to the Chicago Spanking Review, as it's been a good home for my stuff. Looks like we've already lost Dave Wolfe and Hugo B00m, but I like Web-ed's hospitality enough to try and keep posting new stuff here.

Here's an idea: Why not start your own cartoon series? You could call it "Willjohn's Walloped Women." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Probably because I could not draw a straight line.

I have hands like shovels that are becoming more arthritic as I get older.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Here, I've re-posted one of my early toons that had previously been seen, only in BLACK and WHITE.

The reasons I have chosen to colorize the drawing are these:

The original drawing contained a MAJOR FLAW, one that probably kept me from posting the toon earlier. I have corrected the flaw and added color to make it look right again. I hope you will all agree, it looks much better this way.

Hope some of you will feel moved to write your comments here. With all the work I went to, to correct the drawing, I feel I should be entitled to hear what some of you have to say about it. This will be the last time I will bring it up, I promise.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Hi Dan - thanks for posting these latest two. I'll be sure to add a link to them from "This Week's Updates".

The first, with the cop spanking the pretty speeder, must really go back a way as you indicate. This again is a worthy successor to the great Humorama cartoons that had emerged thirty or more years prior to that (there were, off the top of my head, two by Dan DeCarlo and one by Jack O'Brien with a similar theme). Really, your gag with the warning-warming is better than the editor's was for DeCarlo's roadside scene, where the cop runs out of tickets and so dispenses a spanking instead (O'Brien had simply relied on the spanking being a humorous form of punishment).

The second is a colorized version of the one you posted around New Year's Day. The color of course adds a great deal, and it seems to me the main thing you changed was the use (perhaps overuse) of screentone in the original. Removing it was a major improvement (the OTK positioning sure didn't need to be changed!) and combined with the color turns it into practically a brand-new cartoon.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Dan,

I love the gag that the cop is letting the young lady off with a warming :lol: . From the distressed and embarrassed look on her face, however, I'm not sure if she's decided which she'd rather have :lol: .......especially considering that she's OTK, with her dress up and the seat of her cute, little panties sticking up, right out along the street :lol: . It makes me wonder if there are any onlookers during this event?......I know I'd stop and watch 8-) . From his expression, I don't think there's any doubt in the mind of the cop which he'd rather administer 8-) ............and why would there be? . I know this is the method I'd choose, if I was him. BTW, some of my best fantasies involve a young lady who is wearing a dress with nothing underneath except a bra and panties so that's another reason I love this pic :lol: . Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Thanks for sharing it :D . Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Ok Dan,

Now for the colorized version of your birthday spanking. I always like your colorized versions better. It seems to me that the process of coloring just causes all the details that you carefully add to your drawings to stand out even more :D . That includes the added emphasis that it gives the expressions of your spanker and spankee. I compared the black and white drawing with the colored one and I didn't see the major flaw that you mentioned. I will look at them again later when I have more time. Thanks for sharing :D . Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks, Web-ed and overbarrel, for commenting on my latest colorized cartoon.

The MAJOR FLAW that I mentioned is that, in the original black & white toon, the girl's two buttocks are not the same size. A MAJOR mistake! Yet, everyone seemed to let it go by, including myself. I only just caught it recently, when I reposted the b&w version around the first of the year. Then, it stuck out like a sore thumb! I am SO SORRY!

But now, with the colorization, I was able to increase the size of the girl's left buttock so that it matches the right one. I feel humiliated that I would ever post a spanking toon with the target looking so lopsided. You, Web-ed, have never done that. Overbarrel Phil has never done that. B00m has never done that... although, with b00m, 99 per cent of OTKatie's spankings are seen in full profile so that we can almost never see the second buttock anyway, but only the one closest to the viewer.

I'm going to have to watch that. Anyway, thanks again for your comments. I'm now looking forward to the vaunted Year of the Comic Strip and more of Susie Q. Web-ed has even promised us a full-length comic strip which is almost entirely devoted to spanking! Can't wait!

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

That reminds me of an old limerick, (off topic):
To his bride said a lynx eyed detective
"Could it be that my eyesight's defective?
Has your east tit the least bit
The best of your west tit
Or is it a trick of perspective?"