Happy Fathers' Day!

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Happy Fathers' Day!

Post by daneldorado »

Spanky Sal's comments here will seem especially festive, on this day.

Happy Fathers' Day!

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Re: Happy Fathers' Day!

Post by willjohn »

I have two daughters, both of whom are married with children.

Spanking one of them would seem incestuous. :?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Dan,

Finding Tommy and Miss Johnson on your forum this morning was a pleasant start for my father's day :D . When I was a senior in high school, I dated a girl my age who enjoyed being a brat and I spanked her often 8-) . She was also still being spanked by her dad and she admitted to one paddling with a hairbrush when she was 17, while we were dating. I'm pretty sure I know when it was and what it was for. Boy! I would sure love to have been witness to that spanking......WHEW! Anyway, your drawing struck a chord with me because the couple is happily engaged in spanking and she is admitting to being spanked by her father :D . Thanks for sharing this. Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks a lot, willjohn and overbarrel, for being the first to comment on my new "Fathers' Day" Spanky Sal cartoon.

willjohn, like you I too have a beautiful grown daughter who is now a parent herself. I am very proud that she has made a success of herself, both as a wife and mother and also as a published author. She's a good girl.

The last time I spanked my girl was when she was about fifteen. It was a serious matter, and neither of us enjoyed the spanking. I thank God that she has straightened herself out and made a good life for herself. Spanky Sal, on the other hand, is a fictitious person and she and her Dad have found that in their case, spankings can be fun. :D

Cheers,
Dan
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Thanks for the Father's Day greeting in the form of an excellent piece of art. Not only humorous but very thought provoking in its own way as evident from the several comments you have received. Although I'm increasingly and steadfastly against the spanking of younger children I certainly feel that the teenager of normal intelligence can benefit from a parent's thoughtful use of moderate corporal punishment. In my own case, I found it necessary, with the full-support and encouragement of her mother, to apply the secondary use of a ping-pong paddle (or hand or wooden spoon) upon my around fourteen year old step-daughter. She needed that on occasion as a reminder that her teen-tantrums were unacceptable. It wasn't a pleasant experience for either one of us. I sometimes cried as hard as she did from having to deal with her that way. She's a sweetheart now in her late 20s. By the way, she has mentioned using spanking as a discipline with any offspring she might have in the future. That's certainly an indorsement for spanking.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

First, let me say thanks to Dan for contributing this most unusual Father's Day spanking cartoon. We all enjoy holiday-themed cartoons, but as we've observed before, some holidays don't seem to lend themselves as well to spanking cartoons as others. This was a nice cartoon in which Spanky Sal admits her father still spanks her even as she joyfully submits to a spanking from Tommy. I think Sal is so popular with us because she likes the OTK position as much as we do. ;)

Now about father/daughter spankings: they are of obvious importance in the comics world because there are so many of them (indeed, we're going to see a bunch more that Phil S. discovered plus at least one that I did). While they may not be our absolute favorite type because the erotic component is lacking, they can be a lot of fun (as we recently saw with the Diana Dane spankings) and a father is a definite authority figure making the spanking believable.

Of course, real-life spankings are a little different. Willjohn points out the obvious potential problem for us spanko men: we wouldn't want a true disciplinary spanking, given to a daughter (or other deserving girl) to be mistaken for the not-so-pure-discipline spanking we might give another woman. Because I don't have any children, I was never put in a position where spanking a teen-age girl was necessary, but I knew that I could separate such a spanking from the "other kind" if I had to. I will suggest the reason we can do this, and administer a plain disciplinary spanking with no overtones, has to do with the ambiguous nature of spanking that itself allows for spankos to be created: sometimes a spanking is just a spanking, to paraphrase a remark attributed to Sigmund Freud.

So it was interesting to have my theory confirmed here by both Dan and Phil S. I also note that the spankings they mentioned were given to teen-age girls, and I think this is wise, for by my own theories, the Transformative Event (TE) that turns people into "Natural Spankos" occurs at a much earlier age. Therefore, I feel there is little danger of any psychological damage occurring during the teen years due to spanking. And in some cases, as we know, this form of discipline can do some real good. Of course, most of us spankos remain resolutely against spanking small children.

I think a playful father/daughter spanking after the daughter has grown up is certainly legitimate also.

I do have one real-life story to add, but it's at second hand. Years ago, before the internet, many of us would try to find spanking partners through ads with Shadow Lane's publication Stand Corrected. I remember one ad, which I didn't answer since it was out of range, from a woman who said she had been spanked by her father until she was 30(!) and wanted to experience it again. 20 years had passed and I gathered her father was no longer with us. Interesting, wouldn't you say :?:
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Many thanks, web-ed and willjohn, for your interesting comments on my Spanky Sal "Father's Day" toon. To follow up on that, I am here re-posting my original FD toon, which I believe I drew in 2011 and posted here.

Phil S. wrote: "Although I'm increasingly and steadfastly against the spanking of younger children I certainly feel that the teenager of normal intelligence can benefit from a parent's thoughtful use of moderate corporal punishment."

Right on both counts, Phil, but the Spanky Sal cartoons are not that. Sal is neither a child nor a teenager. She is a full-grown adult who, for whatever reason, enjoys getting spanked by people she likes. Those of us who are or have been members of the real-life "scene" know that there are many women exactly like that. They just enjoy the sensation of being put over a friend's knee and getting their tender fannies spanked. And I'm so glad they exist. :D

Hope you will all enjoy seeing my six-years-old Father's Day toon, again with Spanky Sal in the middle of things. :D

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Nice to see the earlier Father's Day cartoon to go along with the new one, Dan. :) You've got to love the expressions on the two onlookers' faces. Great back arch on Sal, yielding a terrific target :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Nice to see Sal spanked as a cougar by her young boyfriend & as a kitten by her dear old Dad :D
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

What a very lucky daddy!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Dan,

I must say that Sal looks really cute getting a spanking from her dad in her little girl outfit and hair do :D . And, of course, she looks even more like a naughty girl with her face down, her dress up and the seat of her panties sticking up for some discipline :D . I can't help but notice that her dad and the man I assume his her brother, in the background, both have a smile of satisfaction as they watch the spanking. This kind of confirms the story that Anna was telling in "Good Marks" about her dad and brother watching her bottom bouncing over her dad's lap and in the corner...........great minds, think alike I guess 8-) . Mom, on the other hand, looks a bit surprised and definitely embarrassed at seeing her daughter OTK with the seat of her panties exposed :roll: . I have to assume that she's thinking about the times when her husband spanked her bottom and maybe thinking that this is just how she looked in the same predicament :lol: . She might even be thinking that perhaps she should give her husband a similar father's day present 8-). FYI, we've had a lot of discussion about father/daughter spankings recently. I know a spankee who is in her late 20s that gets a spanking from her dad when ever she goes home to visit. She always comments about how much she needs them and how much good it does her ;) . Thanks for sharing this with us :D . Phil O.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The young man at the table looks like Sally's pupil/boyfriend Tommy.

Could he be thinking "You'll get another spanking when I get you home"? :twisted: