to Phil, a request for the Leprechaun story

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Another Leprechaun story is coming soon

Post by hugob00m »

I had another idea for a Leprechaun story, but unfortunately, I didn't think of it in time to complete all the drawings I need before St. Patrick's Day. I suppose maybe I'll celebrate tomorrow by watching McLintock! again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
web-ed
Site Admin

A New Leprechaun Story

Post by web-ed »

That's a touchin' good way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, b00m! And we'll be happy to see your new Leprechaun story whenever it's ready! :mrgreen:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: to Phil, a request for the Leprechaun story

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi boom,

i'll be looking forward to the new story no matter when you get it done :D watching mclintock is always a good idea too..............LOL. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Re: Dan's comments about McLintock!

Post by hugob00m »

I agree with what you say about McLintock!. I think there were three flaws that made it not as good as it could've been.

First: the spanking didn't last long enough.

Second: the rest of the movie lasted a bit too long.

And third: What was with that stupid shovel? I've speculated that perhaps Wayne and his production team introduced the shovel as part of a compromise to placate the censors of that era. It was the early '60s after all, and the use of a shovel might have made it easier to pass the spanking off as pure slapstick, rather than something overtly erotic.

But, even with its flaws, I love that movie! The biggest reason is Maureen O'Hara's portrayal of Katherine McLintock. She has always been one of the best actresses ever to play a lovable bitch. Lovable bitches are a tough balancing act that few have ever been able to pull off as well as Ms. O'Hara. If she had been too lovable, she wouldn't have been convincing as a bitch, but if she had been any bitchier, she wouldn't have been so lovable.

Also, it's interesting that in the case of McLintock! the use of a "spoiler" didn't spoil anything! I was ten years old when the advertising campaign began for McLintock! And much of it centered around the spanking, which happens during the last six minutes of a two-hour-plus movie!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Theres so much talk about the spanking of Mrs O"hara charater Kathrine that everyone seem to forget about the first spanking of her daughter Becky.This spanking to me was somewhat disappointed because most of it took place off camera.The only bright spot was that not only did John Wayne encourage the stable hand to spank his female offspring but supplied the boy with the shovel that was later use on his wife! Too bad the producers didn"t focus more on this spanking scene than they did on the last it would had been something to watch as Becky Mclintock kick and scream while her tush was being set on fire :lol: Also wasn"t there a spanking threat to a girl by her boyfriend in the middle part of the film? Since hollywood is in the remake business hope they do remake of this classic!! One thing who do your think should play the parts of Mr and Mrs. Mclintock there daughter Becky and her boyfriend?? :idea: :idea:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Maybe she had her skirt hoisted for the rest.
samantha

Post by samantha »

Someone said this earlier, but it is funny how she gets spanked again so quickly. If only all of us could be so lucky. Sigh.
-Sam