a third O.T. Katie thread

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Re: a third O.T. Katie thread

Post by daneldorado »

b00m wrote:

I might have Bullmoose, or Fitz, or some other male character become the new successor for the retiring Captain Woodshed! (if Dan would agree to such an idea)

If you do have Bullmoose or Fitz or Kauf turn up as a superhero, please DO NOT name him "Captain Woodshed." That character is my creation, and I don't like the idea of sharing him with anybody.

Anyway, be careful what you wish for. Several months ago -- maybe in May? -- I created a NEW rendering of my favorite "Captain Woodshed" cartoon, hoping to please all you guys that come to this board. I even colorized it, plus made a few tweaks aimed at pleasing more of you. Then, satisfied with the results, I posted the finished toon to this board and waited for the numerous positive comments that were "sure" to come.

The result? I received ONE comment, that one coming from Web-ed, our always faithful Administrator. He liked the toon, so I waited to see what the rest of you thought. And waited. And waited.

And waited.

The result was that, 48 hours after I posted this comic strip -- my favorite, and my BEST, "Captain Woodshed," I still had not heard from the rest of you guys. So, as is my usual custom, I DELETED the whole thing.

b00m, I don't know how or why you do it: You create a whole comic strip featuring OTKatie, your very lovable (and spankable) character, then you post it to this website and let folks post their comments. Do you get paid for it? I know it's a lot of work. So WHAT, exactly, is your MOTIVATION to create something so time-intensive and difficult?

If you're getting paid for your work, then please tell me how. This stuff is so hard to do, it's unbelievable to me that you would do it with no renumeration.

Please: Do NOT use "Captain Woodshed" in your toons.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

solsunbeach wrote:Great as usual Boom, but what happened at the party? :D
Did somebody spank Cleopatra's asp? :roll:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Anyway, be careful what you wish for. Several months ago -- maybe in May? -- I created a NEW rendering of my favorite "Captain Woodshed" cartoon, hoping to please all you guys that come to this board. I even colorized it, plus made a few tweaks aimed at pleasing more of you. Then, satisfied with the results, I posted the finished toon to this board and waited for the numerous positive comments that were "sure" to come.
hi Dan,

you posted that pic in late june. i know this because i had just retired and we went on vacation on june 22 so i was away from the computer. my daughter had a lap top with her and i went to csr on that and saw that you had posted it but didn't want to open your drawing on her computer. by the time i got back home to my computer it had already been deleted.....................sigh. just bad timing because if i had been home you would at least have gotten a second comment from yours truly. later, phil
hugob00m

Re: Captain Woodshed's successor... NOT

Post by hugob00m »

Well, I had thought that since the original Captain had retired, that another Captain might take his place, sort of like the Phantom, who was drawn by more than one artist over the years, and had more than one man wearing the costume. But since you insist, I won't use your character's nme or costume.

As for that post that you "deleted"... did it actually get fully posted? I didn't see anything like you described.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:

Well, I had thought that since the original Captain had retired, that another Captain might take his place, sort of like the Phantom, who was drawn by more than one artist over the years, and had more than one man wearing the costume. But since you insist, I won't use your character's nme or costume.

I don't remember ever saying that Captain Woodshed had "retired." What I DID ask you was this: What is your motivation for drawing those long comic strips featuring OTKatie? I know it takes a lot of work and a lot of time, and when you put that much energy into a project, usually you expect to get something for your troubles. That's my point: WHAT do YOU get out of it? Do you get paid in coin of the realm? Or do you do it simply for the love of the project?

As for that post that you "deleted"... did it actually get fully posted? I didn't see anything like you described.

Yes, I did post it. Overbarrel has just confirmed that he saw it, in June.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Katie and the Halloween Party

Post by web-ed »

Yes, it was short, but brevity is the soul of wit, as they say, and this was a nice Halloween piece for CSR's readers. Katie was provocative as always, and as always, she never learns how to avoid getting spanked - which is just fine with me!

The party scene was interesting, too, what with two superheroines, Wonder Woman and Supergirl, in attendance. It occurred to me to wonder what Bullmoose's costume was, but that's not really important (like Katie's glowing bottom was!). :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Remuneration

Post by web-ed »

Dan raised the question of how b00m could do all this work without remuneration. I'm grateful to b00m, Phil, Dan, and the other artists whose work graces the pages of CSR. Unfortunately, since CSR is a free site without ads, it loses money every day and I'm not able to offer any compensation at the present time, however deserved it certainly is. I did commission a small number of works in the past, when I was still working and could pay for them. If I'm ever in a position to do that again (not likely before the 2012 election), I would certainly offer some commission opportunities to our three resident artists, at the usual (not exactly princely) rate. And if I ever get Central Spanking Warehouse (a site I've been planning in which everything is for sale) off the ground, I might approach you three about possibly doing a pay gallery - we'll have to wait and see.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Katie and the Halloween Party

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:It occurred to me to wonder what Bullmoose's costume was, but that's not really important (like Katie's glowing bottom was!). :)
Bullmoose's costume was the character played by Scottie MacHottie in the movie that Katie did some stunt work for in an earlier story. I was going to do a longer story involving the two of them dressing as characters from a Scottie MacHottie movie, but I decided it was getting too long, and would work better if I cut it up into smaller stories. So I went ahead and finished and posted the part with Bullmoose complaining that Katie's skimpy costume would make the men drool, and spanking her for that.

Some of the other things that were going to be part of my Halloween story might show up in other stories, but not necessarily in the context of a costume party.
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Hi Hugo
- Do you still have the drawing with the clown spanking Katie, where she gets spanked 3 times in a day? I would love to see it again, along with your earlier work - Best Wishes
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

solsunbeach wrote:Hi Hugo
- Do you still have the drawing with the clown spanking Katie, where she gets spanked 3 times in a day? I would love to see it again, along with your earlier work - Best Wishes
No, I don't have that one anymore. I have to delete some of my cartoons every now and then, because they take up so much memory. If anyone does, it might possibly be Phil.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom and Solsunbeach,

i have looked through my "Boom" folder twice and i don't seem to have the one you mentioned with the clowns. the only one i could find with a clown in it was called "traffic" and was only 2 panels. sorry, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Old O.T. Katie Strips

Post by web-ed »

I recently recovered some early O. T. Katie strips from Underground-Animations.com while trying to create a mirror image of the site as part of an attempt to save it. The clown strip is unfortunately not among them. I don't have the dates these originally appeared. There is a link to the new page I created to hold them under this new topic.
-- Web-Ed
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Thanks for your efforts Guys - I am sure the other files will turn up soon :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Maybe you should go ahead and post the one you have saved as "traffic". As I recall, the only O.T. Katie cartoon I ever included a clown in was one where she was late for a job interview and stuck in heavy traffic. She yelled something rude at the driver in front of her, which included calling his vehicle a clown car. He stepped out of his car, pulled her out of hers, and spanked her for disrespecting clowns.

So far, that's the only time I've ever had a story with a clown in it, although I had an idea that I've never completed that would have Katie as a clown/magician's assistant. Of course, she'd have to do something to foul up his tricks, with the predictable consequence.
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Thanks Boom - The clown drawing I was looking for is the one phil has posted, but I seem to remember it was part of a longer cartoon. :D Anything posted of Katie, is good news!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

solsunbeach wrote:Thanks Boom - The clown drawing I was looking for is the one phil has posted, but I seem to remember it was part of a longer cartoon. :D Anything posted of Katie, is good news!
It was... sort of... What I had was four seperate strips with a continuing story that took place in a single morning.
  • The first strip had Katie dropping her niece off at school, and telling her she had to hurry to get to a job interview. Her first spanking of the morning comes from the school principal, who catches her running in the hallway. :lol:
  • The second strip was the clown one that Overbarrel just posted. :D
  • The third strip was about her complaining to a cop that she had just been spanked, and showing him the evidence. :oops: His response is to spank her for being illegally parked... and for mooning him! :lol:
  • In the fourth strip, she finally arrives at the job interview, but the boss has misgivings about her apparent lack of punctuality. She offers him a solution... namely, if she gets the job, he'll get to spank her for being late. So... now she's been hired, and punished for her tardiness... So then, what's her first assignment? product testing at the Ace Derriere Paddle company! :shock:
Hmmm! I never did do a story about her job at the Ace Derriere Paddle company... Maybe that was where she met Bullmoose...
jimc

Post by jimc »

Well I just got done rereading all the stories from this thread. Katie's descendant in the time traveler episode in her purple did look just like Daphne on Scooby-Doo. I also have to say how much I did appreciate the other colors that you used for the clone and Clorene getting spanked. The trouble with long threads like this is by the time you can comment it is several weeks later and everyone else has already made their comments and I do not like to feel like I am repeating what the others have already said. So saying that I do also have some other comments I love Katie's little winks to everyone outside the strip and esp. like your use of the words (turn over knee, spanking, spank) and other nuances that I still find after rereading the threads. I always do think when a woman does say those words then she will be otk. (of course she gets so many spankings that her bottom must nearly be indestructible by now. I enjoy the coloring and expressions the most as I love otk the best and Katie and her friends are always otk. Thank you and have a great day.
Jim
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Is there a 4th OTkatie thread?
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Solsunbeach.
solsunbeach wrote:Is there a 4th OTkatie thread?
I thought there was, but I don't see it now.

I've never organized my stories very well. I just posted them as I finished them, and when a thread got too long, I started another one. But now, I can't find some of them. I think some stuff I posted between 2011 and 2013 must've gotten deleted.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Solsunbeach.
solsunbeach wrote:Is there a 4th OTkatie thread?
I thought there was, but I don't see it now.

I've never organized my stories very well. I just posted them as I finished them, and when a thread got too long, I started another one. But now, I can't find some of them. I think some stuff I posted between 2011 and 2013 must've gotten deleted.
No, it just moved to the second page.