A fourth O.T. Katie thread

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Re: A fourth O.T. Katie thread

Post by daneldorado »

b00m wrote:

I suppose that some people... like Dan, for instance will accuse me of "cheating" because I put Clorene's paddling out of frame

No problem here, b00m. You know that I love your artistry and I especially love the cheeky attitude you display, in all your stories: Naughty girls get spanked, even when they are not being naughty! :lol:

You are right when you say that I don't like seeing a movie or a TV show which purports to show us a spanking scene, yet the so-called "spanking" is off screen, meaning it does not happen at all. That's cheating. If an actress agrees to play the role, then she should accept the spanking that goes along with it. This is why I despise movie "spankings" where the audience does not get to see the swats landing on their tempting target. They are fake.

HOWEVER... In some cases the spanking does take place on the set, but when they get around to editing the movie, the editors chop off some of the swats to comply with running times, or extra re-takes, or some other reason. This is why, for example, I have never denigrated the spanking scene in Bluebeards' Eighth Wife (1938). If you view the finished film, you will see that Gary Cooper puts Claudette Colbert over his knee and raises his hand as if to spank her, but then we never see the swats landing. I have never criticized that film, because I have seen the trailer for it, and sure enough the trailer DOES show some swats landing on Claudette's derriere. Apparently they were edited out of the final cut for technical reasons or something.

In a similar way, you always see to it that whenever Katie or Clorene, or another of your mischievous maidens, seem to be taking an "off-panel" spanking, that toon will also show us some panels in which the spankee really CAN be seen taking her licks. So it's all good.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote:No problem here, b00m. You know that I love your artistry and I especially love the cheeky attitude you display, in all your stories: Naughty girls get spanked, even when they are not being naughty!
I'm glad that you didn't object to the out-of-frame paddling that Clorene got. I think that (occasionally) there is a time and place for an off-screen spanking. Since Katie is the main character, I decided to concentrate on her reaction to Steve using a paddle on Clorene, which is heard and not seen.

However... in the next episode... as all of you can probably guess... it will be Katie's turn to be spanked for not bringing Bullmoose his favorite coffee... and that spanking will definitely be shown! :D :D :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I don't think there's any problem with Clorene's off-screen paddling, because it's easy to picture what's going on, especially with the sound effects :) ! That's one thing about the paddle - you can hear it from a long way off, as anyone who has attended a spanking party can testify. It's interesting that Katie decided discretion was more important than getting satisfaction from seeing Clorene get her bottom smacked - it wasn't worth the risk that the paddle might be turned on her! But she probably should have insisted that Clorene do for her what she had done for Clorene, namely take all the blame for the coffee disaster with Bullmoose. Now Katie has no coffee and no Clorene, although she could still try to blame her - I don't think Bullmoose would swallow it, however.

My favorite panel was the one where Katie is being taken away by Steve, and she realizes that her "sincerity and contrition" aren't going to save her from a spanking. Katie never seems to learn that nothing can save her from getting spanked, which is just the way we want it. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

And now I bring you part four...
Attachments
0000004t001.jpg
0000004t001.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

I think it's off to a good start!
Attachments
0000004t002.jpg
0000004t002.jpg (126.68 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

Over his knee she goes!
Attachments
0000004t003.jpg
0000004t003.jpg (124.42 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

Katie's fifth spanking of the day!
Attachments
0000004t004.jpg
0000004t004.jpg (114.69 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

She'll think twice about ever letting her supply of Tartan Blend coffee run low again!
Attachments
0000004t005.jpg
0000004t005.jpg (140.63 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

The dreaded hairbrush!
Attachments
0000004t006.jpg
0000004t006.jpg (105.11 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

A plea for mercy...
Attachments
0000004t007.jpg
0000004t007.jpg (114.6 KiB) Viewed 6505 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

A reprieve for Katie?
Attachments
0000004t008.jpg
0000004t008.jpg (115.34 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

...Maybe...
Attachments
0000004t009.jpg
0000004t009.jpg (113.96 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

i love the first panel......................"i can explain"..............like that's gonna help :lol: . again, i like the way her cute, little skirt flips up letting her panties peek out as Bullmoose leads her off for her spanking :D . as hot as her bottom has to be at this point her skirt flipping around is probably good for getting some air in there to cool things down some ;) . i love Katie's reaction to his suggestion that he might want to drink her coffee standing up :lol: . i love all the various angles you show as Bullmoose is blistering Katie's naughty bottom :D . her expression of pain is great but my favorite angle is the next one showing her OTK from the side.................great position, nicely red and rounded bottom and i love the way her legs are positioned and kicking too................WHEW!............very inspirational view :D i like her reaction to the suggestion of getting the paddle too :lol: it's just wonderful how she keeps making excuses the whole time she's getting her spanking...............even though she has to know it's not gonna help :lol: . she is very cute walking away to get the hairbrush too............cherry red bottom and tears in her eyes 8-) . i see Bullmoose had a really convincing argument about Katie apologizing to Clorene............especially while he was holding that hairbrush :lol: :lol: . i have to tell you that i am really suspicious of how well this plan will work out for Katie...................or Clorene either for that matter :lol: . great toon Boom. i'll be anxiously waiting for the next episode :D . thanks, phil
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

I love the way Katie rubs her bottom, whilst the sparks spring from her rear after each spanking. It really brings the cartoon to life, and more enjoyable for the reader.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya b00m… As you probably know, I stand second to none in admiration of your artwork and your consistent brilliance in telling the tales of your carrot –topped heroine OTKatie.

Under your aegis, we have seen graphic novels with OTKatie getting spanked numerous times. She has been over the knee of her bosses Mr. Kauf and Mr. Fitz; her boyfriend Bullmoose; her friend Clorene’s boyfriend Steve; officer Yank and the supermarket manager Mr. Ross; various horny men she doesn’t even know, who all lined up to give Katie a birthday spanking; a tax collector; her Halloween neighbor; and even a tiny leprechaun, who somehow manages to get a girl twice his height over his knee and spank her soundly.

During all these events, we see that Katie kicks and screams, even cries, signifying that she doesn’t appreciate the spankings and would do anything to avoid them.

No doubt you have been reading the graphic novel being submitted by one of our Fellow Artists, Phil by name, as in Phil Overbarrel. His latest is a story about two young lovers, Kenny and Laura, who are taking a constitutional, a casual walk through the park. We learn that Laura is secretly harboring a desire to be spanked by Kenny, and when last seen he had put Laura over his knee and was giving her what she wanted, a good spanking on her cute little derriere. We can read her thoughts and we know that she wants him to spank him harder, but without letting him know she wants it.

And I got to thinking: When, if ever, did your OTKatie indicate that she actually wanted a spanking? I dug into my old files, and I find just ONE panel in which Katie was enjoying an over-the-knee spanking, from dear old Santa Claus. The jolly red elf held Katie securely over his lap and whaled away at her perky little derriere… and Katie was all smiles about it.

As for Phil, his graphic novels usually are about pure punishment spankings –- not that there’s anything wrong with that ;) -– but he has produced several "stand-alone" panels in which we do see a naughty little minx over a guy’s knee and is glad she is there. She doesn’t necessarily want him to know she likes it, but she lets us see it, and we are all happy, because you and Phil and I –- in fact, everyone on this board –- know full well that there ARE females that enjoy being spanked, and connive to attract that sort of treatment. Thank God for the ladies; they make it easier for us. :D

So, I was wondering: When will YOU, b00m, show us again a story where OTKatie is clearly appreciative of some of her spankings? Don’t get me wrong; we love what you are doing: punitive spankings are great. But I was wondering if you were ever going to expand your horizons to include the many, many consensual spankings that are stock in trade of our delightful fetish.

Any chance of that?

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I agree with solsunbeach about Katie rubbing her bottom - we spankos tend to find that very satisfying since it proves the spankee really felt the spanking and all our time and effort in administering it wasn't wasted :) ! Chlorene certainly does owe Katie an apology, and Katie will have to accept it or else! Still, with these two you have to think they're going to mess up even something as simple as this, resulting in yet more spanking for them. :lol:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote:So, I was wondering: When will YOU, b00m, show us again a story where OTKatie is clearly appreciative of some of her spankings? Don’t get me wrong; we love what you are doing: punitive spankings are great. But I was wondering if you were ever going to expand your horizons to include the many, many consensual spankings that are stock in trade of our delightful fetish.

Any chance of that?
After reading your suggestion, I drew a couple of panels of a possible story that would include a spanking for Katie that would be overtly erotic and fully consensual... but... if I do something like that, how would that impact future stories in which she's still the naively innocent girl who never ever suspects any kind of ulterior motives on the part of the male characters, who always seem to be looking for ANY excuse to turn her over their knees? So far, Katie has always believed that she was being punished (rightly or wrongly) for some naughtiness that she had done (or had been falsely accused of). Should I tamper with a premise that, up to now, has been so integral to the O.T. Katie saga?

And the rest of you... What do you think of Dan's idea?
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I am happy for Katie to naively believe that her boyfriends and bosses are tanning her backside for real or imagined infractions. Let's not make her a slut.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote:I am happy for Katie to naively believe that her boyfriends and bosses are tanning her backside for real or imagined infractions.
That's the direction I'm currently leaning. And I've got one vote to keep Katie blissfully oblivious.
willjohn wrote:Let's not make her a slut.
However, I wouldn't go to that extreme. I don't think it necessarily makes a woman a slut if she enjoys consensual erotic spankings. I'm just concerned that if Katie experienced one consensual erotic spanking, she might begin to question the motives of her boss... and the leprechaun... and Yank the cop... and maybe even Santa! I did do one cartoon... in 2003, I think... where Katie found out that Santa had determined that she was NOT on his naughty list, and would not receive a spanking from him that year. At first she was glad, but then, she began to feel that something was missing from her Christmas celebration. At the end, she caught up with Santa and requested that he go ahead and spank her. In that story, I think I still managed to retain her naivety, because she was merely seeking the comforting familiarity of a holiday tradition. If Good Saint Nicholas got any kind of a sesual thrill from putting her over his knee, Katie was clueless!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Should Katie be Appreciative of Her Spankings?

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:When will YOU, b00m, show us again a story where OTKatie is clearly appreciative of some of her spankings? Don’t get me wrong; we love what you are doing: punitive spankings are great. But I was wondering if you were ever going to expand your horizons to include the many, many consensual spankings that are stock in trade of our delightful fetish.
There's certainly nothing wrong with Dan's suggestion, but there are technical problems with how to integrate consensuality (in the sense of mutual enjoyment) into any of Katie's spankings. (They're already consensual in the sense that Katie seems to accept the idea that actual misbehavior can and should be punished by spanking). The principal reason I say that is most of the humor in Katie is based on the fact that she's the last person on the planet to realize that she'll soon be getting spanked once again. Having the audience know something a character doesn't can be of immense value in a drama (including a comedy), although if you watch what passes for drama on television today you'd never know it - because those who write for television today are possessed of very little dramatic technique. (They don't have much knowledge or imagination either, but that's another matter). And what's true of drama is generally true of the humble comic strip.

Now I'm not trying to have B00m turn O. T. Katie into Oedipus Rex - I don't think any of us want to hear dire warnings from soothsayers expressed in blank verse, or watch family members murder each other out of revenge - but having her plunge headlong toward another spanking without realizing it is a great source of humor, not to mention the secondary humor of Katie never realizing how much her spankers enjoy what they're doing to her. (Note that this is very much like Dan DeCarlo's best spanking cartoons for Humorama, where the secretary never does realize that her spelling mistakes are not the real reason she's always getting turned OTK ;) ).

So from the standpoint of dramatic structure, if Katie is to enjoy any of her spankings, it would probably have to be the last one in a given episode, given by Bullmoose, with Katie somewhat reluctantly trying to make the best of getting spanked so much and musing that maybe it isn't so bad after all.

There is another way of introducing consensual spanking into the strip, and that's to use another couple to play against Katie and Bullmoose. The man would probably have to be a new character; the woman could be one of the other brats who populate this strip, such as Clorene, or could be a new character also. The woman brats because she loves to get spanked, and the Katie-joke could be reversed by having the man be a conservative, no-nonsense type who never does realize just exactly why his lady friend seems to brat him so much when she must surely realize that she's going to get spanked! :lol:
Last edited by web-ed on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed final, superfluous paragraph.
-- Web-Ed