A Fifth O.T. Katie Thread

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Lila Spanked by Santa

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya b00m...

In a recent cartoon of yours, we see movie star Lila Plumage being spanked over Santa Claus' knee: As she takes her spanking, we see her thoughts in one of your clever "thought balloons" and she is apparently RELISHING being spanked, because a picture of this could land her "on the front cover of the tabloids. It'll be so-o-o-o WORTH IT!" And her face is wearing a big smile.

Well, okay. We all know that some ladies do, in fact, enjoy being spanked, so it isn't much of a stretch to believe Lila is happy about her situation. But you have called her "the temperamental movie diva" (your words), so her consent here seems fishy.

About three (3) years ago, when your O.T. Katie was signed by a film studio to take a screen spanking from big star Billy Clark, we were told that Katie would be spanked as Lila Plumage's body double, because the diva herself did not want to be spanked, on screen or off.

But now, in the Santa scene, Lila seems to be all for getting spanked. Why the change of heart?

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to this location and changed title for clarity
hugob00m

Re: Lila Spanked by Santa

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.

You raised a good point. I'm going to answer your question in the Resident Artist's section, in the thread labeled: "A Fifth O.T. Katie Thread"

[This post and Dan's preceding one were moved here where B00m had answered Dan's question. I thought they would be easier to follow this way being in one topic - Web-Ed]
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to this location and changed title for clarity
hugob00m

Lila spanked by Santa

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.

Thanks for pointing out this apparent discrepancy. I'll try to explain the change in Lila's attitude.
daneldorado wrote:In a recent cartoon of yours, we see movie star Lila Plumage being spanked over Santa Claus' knee: As she takes her spanking, we see her thoughts in one of your clever "thought balloons" and she is apparently RELISHING being spanked, because a picture of this could land her "on the front cover of the tabloids. It'll be so-o-o-o WORTH IT!" And her face is wearing a big smile.
She did indeed have a big smile on her face while Santa was spanking her!
daneldorado wrote:About three (3) years ago, when your O.T. Katie was signed by a film studio to take a screen spanking from big star Billy Clark, we were told that Katie would be spanked as Lila Plumage's body double, because the diva herself did not want to be spanked, on screen or off.
Actually, the Billy Clark story was back in 2001, and the re-make that I did with Scottie MacHottie as the big star was in 2011. That's really the biggest discrepancy... why was it Billy Clark in the original and Scottie MacHottie in the re-make? That's because I thought the Billy Clark strip was lost, and I wanted to re-use one of my old plots... and hopefully do it better a second time. In the Billy Clark story and in the Scottie MacHottie story, Lila is talked about but never seen. She has refused to do a spanking scene for an upcoming movie and the director needs to hire a stunt double on short notice in Katie's hometown.

In the first and second version, the unseen Lila has refused to take a spanking from her leading man. I tried to imply in both stories that Lila and her leading man had a history between them and that said leading man was looking forward to really laying into Lila's bottom. She specifically wanted to avoid that spanking, which would surely be an overly enthusiastic one.

And, although I never stated it... (In spite of how wordy I sometimes get, there are actually some things that I decide to leave out!) at that time, Lila was a spoiled brat who had never ever been spanked in her life. She didn't really know what a spanking would feel like... but she knew she didn't want to get one from a resentful leading man (who may have been just getting over a contentious break-up.)

Her attitude change happened in The Black Bird when she got a spanking from her bodyguard.
Lila spanked by bodyguard.jpg
Lila spanked by bodyguard.jpg (149.79 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
She found that she was secretly getting turned on by the bodyguard's attention... AND... as usual, she was thinking about publicity! A public spanking might very well get her picture on the front cover of a tabloid again!

So then... in 2014, Lila gets a spanking from Santa, and again, she's thinking about the publicity it'll generate. I'm thinking her career hasn't been doing all that well for the past few years, and she's willing to do anything to put her name and image back in the public eye.

How's that for an answer?
daneldorado

Re: A Fifth O.T. Katie Thread

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya b00m... Forgive an old man's lapse of memory. Here, I was thinking it had been only three (3) years since Katie's "body double" experience. And you're right, in my mind I conflated the Billy Clark and Scottie MacHottie stories into one. Man, I tell you, old age is not for wimps!

Thanks for setting me straight. Actually, now that I am thinking clearly, I know that my biggest problem with the Santa Claus/Lila Plumage toon is that as she is getting spanked by the Jolly Old Elf, she is dreaming of how her spanking will look on the cover of a tabloid magazine, and what great publicity that would bring. But hey, when has there EVER been a picture of an M/F spanking shown on the cover of ANY mainstream magazine??? I reckon the National Lampoon cover in 1975 would be the only one, and that's been over FORTY YEARS ago!

If not for publications like Web-ed's Chicago Spanking Review and a few other (lesser) writings, spankings might have been banished from the popular zeitgeist altogether. So I'm thankful that occasionally, a character such as Lila Plumage will bring it up.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Lila spanked by Santa

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote:Actually, now that I am thinking clearly, I know that my biggest problem with the Santa Claus/Lila Plumage toon is that as she is getting spanked by the Jolly Old Elf, she is dreaming of how her spanking will look on the cover of a tabloid magazine, and what great publicity that would bring. But hey, when has there EVER been a picture of an M/F spanking shown on the cover of ANY mainstream magazine??? I reckon the National Lampoon cover in 1976 would be the only one, and that's been FORTY YEARS ago!
That's true... IN REAL LIFE... However, in Katie's universe, there are probably tabloids and magazines that DO report spankings received by celebrities, WITH PICTURES!

The last spanking I recall seeing on a mainstream magazine cover was published shortly after the death of John Wayne. (in 1979) It was a celebration of the Duke's life and career, and on the back was a publicity photo from McLintock! I should've bought it, but didn't. It didn't stay on the newsstands for long, and if any copies still exist somewhere, they're probably really expensive.
daneldorado

Re: A Fifth O.T. Katie Thread

Post by daneldorado »

I stand by what I said, about how no mainstream magazine or tabloid today would ever think of printing a front cover depicting a man spanking a woman. (In spite of the joy that would bring to both men and women readers. Most ladies would love it, I think, but the feminists would rail against such an "insult" to the female gender. Feminists are no damn fun.)

Here are two non-mainstream magazine covers that do show a spanking, and course they were not marketed to the general public. It might be a fun project for somebody to search for more like these, since they are few and far betwen.

Cheers,
Dan