Katie's short-lived career in law enforcement.

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

In my latest leprechaun story, I referred to a job that Katie got fired from in the Police Department. This is a strip I drew a few years ago. I don't remember for sure when I drew it, but I think it was 2006. I sent it to Jon and he posted it on Underground Animations, but I don't believe the C.S.R. group has seen it.
Attachments
0001cop.jpg
0001cop.jpg (79.35 KiB) Viewed 5538 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Here's the second panel. I wonder if ALL the female cops in Katie's city wear such short skirts as part of their uniform? Hmmmm! I haven't drawn any female cops in an O.T. Katie story, except for Katie herself.
Attachments
0002cop.jpg
0002cop.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

And the mayor doesn't like being subject to the same laws that everyone else is. ...And I just noticed that I had a little OOPS in this picture! (Katie is wearing her badge on the right side, instead of the left. When I drew this one, I didn't know that most police departments wear their badges on the left. But then... I suppose I could use the excuse that Katie, being a lefty, tends to do things backwards!)
Attachments
0003cop.jpg
0003cop.jpg (104.91 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Of course, this story ends, like most O.T. Katie stories do... with Katie turned over some man's knee! This time, her punishment is unjust... because the mayor DID deserve a ticket, and Katie DIDN'T deserve to be spanked for writing him one... But, that's life for Katie! Whenever she deserves a good spanking, she ALWAYS gets one... and when she DOESN'T deserve it, well... she usually gets one anyway! I didn't actually show her getting fired from the Police Force, but, since I never did any more stories with her working as a cop, we can assume that the mayor also unjustly fired her as well as giving her an undeserved spanking.
Attachments
0004cop.jpg
0004cop.jpg (93.9 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
overbarrel49

Re: Katie's short-lived career in law enforcement.

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

nice police uniform for Katie :D ..............and i see that the is very enthusiastic about her new job.............that can't be good for her :lol: . lovely view of Katie bending over to inspect the mayor's car in panel 2 8-) . nice bouncing bottom inside that short skirt as Katie walks away from the car 8-) ...............considering that, i doubt that anyone would have realized that the badge was on the wrong side although i do have to admit that i did notice the "placement' of it on her uniform :lol: . YOU WOULDN'T DARE :lol: :lol: . great view of Katie OTK in panel 4.............nothing like a little upskirt shot 8-) . thanks for sharing this with us. it's appropriate since you mentioned this in your St. Paddy's toon and besides, i like to keep my collection as complete as possible :D . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hugob00m wrote:...And I just noticed that I had a little OOPS in this picture! (Katie is wearing her badge on the right side, instead of the left. When I drew this one, I didn't know that most police departments wear their badges on the left. But then... I suppose I could use the excuse that Katie, being a lefty, tends to do things backwards!)
hi b00m!

that is indeed plausible. I had a job at Best Buy for a few years and had to wear a name tag. I too am left handed and always started putting it on the right side, even though the Geek Squad logo was on that side! and yes, us lefties do thing "backwards".

even though poor Katie was spanked unjustly in my opinion any spanking is a good spanking, but I still feel a little sorry for her! thanks for sharing! as usual, I enjoyed this!

sunflower
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

In Australian Police Forces name tags are worn on the right hand side and decorations ( long service, bravery medals etc.) on the left. I do not know about American Police Forces.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:In Australian Police Forces name tags are worn on the right hand side and decorations ( long service, bravery medals etc.) on the left. I do not know about American Police Forces.
That's interesting, Willjohn. Actually, our own Daneldorado explained in a post last year that in the U.S., the badge is always worn on the left side.

Anyway, this was another fun Katie episode. I don't remember seeing it back on the Artastic Forum, although I'm not sure how I missed it. We get such a nice view of Katie's rear as she bends over the mayor's Cadillac - of course she doesn't realize she'll soon be OTK, but we do, and that's the great source of humor in the strip. It's interesting that you never did any more Katie adventures with her as a cop, but perhaps it seemed there would only be one plot - Katie writes citation, Katie gets spanked.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

That's interesting, Willjohn. Actually, our own Daneldorado explained in a post last year that in the U.S., the badge is always worn on the left side.

Right you are, Web-ed. During research, I found a reference that badges of service groups, e.g. police, firemen, emts, etc., are worn on the person's left side to show that their hearts are into their mission. Just lately, I've begun to notice that at most restaurants the waiters and waitresses wear their name tags on their left side also. Must be a general principle.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Different horses for different courses. The only badge I wore was on my cap or hat.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

sunflower309 wrote:that is indeed plausible. I had a job at Best Buy for a few years and had to wear a name tag. I too am left handed and always started putting it on the right side, even though the Geek Squad logo was on that side! and yes, us lefties do thing "backwards".
In my family (counting the ones wo are related by blood AND by marriage) it's about half-and-half, instead of the usual 10%, and so, i'm very much used to the "lefthanded' way of doing things. That's why Katie is a lefty, and Bullmoose too, and her most recent boss, Mr. Argyle, and the mayor who spanked her for giving him a ticket.

The very first O.T. Katie strip I drew was about celebrating Lefthander's Day, August 13, Some anonymous guy was about to spank Katie with his right hand, and she yelled, "STOP! Don't you know what day this is?" He looked at the calendar, and saw that it was August !3, and so in the last panel, he's got her turned around, so that he can spank her with his left hand! I suppose that guy might've been ambidexterous... or like me. I'm righthanded, but I can adjust better than most righties can, to doing things the lefthanded way.

In some Police departments, the anti-lefty discrimination is so bad, that they actually endanger lefthanded officers' lives by forcing them to wear their holsters on the wrong side!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: It's interesting that you never did any more Katie adventures with her as a cop, but perhaps it seemed there would only be one plot - Katie writes citation, Katie gets spanked.
Yeah. That's mostly why I didn't draw any more strips with Katie being a cop. Other than writing tickets to the wrong people, the only other reason I could think of for a pretty female officer to get a spanking... would be if she put herself into unnecessary danger during the performance of her duties, so that another officer would have to rescue her... and then, once he was sure she was safe.... over his knee she would go! But that could be done even with her as a civilian... or in her current job as a spy...
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

I would love to see Katie have more employment opportunities in the near future
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Ha, Ha - The mayor gives a whole new meaning to the term "fender-bender". Thanks for the strips and just keep in mind you never have to apologize for any oops as long as Katie ends up being upended. :) Being left-handed myself I have to agree with what's already been said that it's the natural temptation to do things "backwards". For example, umpiring a few softball games back in the day I always wanted to shoot my left arm up in the air to call a strike. :)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Wasn't Katie given compensation and offered her job back in the fifth thread when the mayor was found to be corrupt?