Katie's short-lived career in law enforcement.

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Re: Katie's short-lived career in law enforcement.

Post by hugob00m »

sunflower309 wrote:that is indeed plausible. I had a job at Best Buy for a few years and had to wear a name tag. I too am left handed and always started putting it on the right side, even though the Geek Squad logo was on that side! and yes, us lefties do thing "backwards".
In my family (counting the ones wo are related by blood AND by marriage) it's about half-and-half, instead of the usual 10%, and so, i'm very much used to the "lefthanded' way of doing things. That's why Katie is a lefty, and Bullmoose too, and her most recent boss, Mr. Argyle, and the mayor who spanked her for giving him a ticket.

The very first O.T. Katie strip I drew was about celebrating Lefthander's Day, August 13, Some anonymous guy was about to spank Katie with his right hand, and she yelled, "STOP! Don't you know what day this is?" He looked at the calendar, and saw that it was August !3, and so in the last panel, he's got her turned around, so that he can spank her with his left hand! I suppose that guy might've been ambidexterous... or like me. I'm righthanded, but I can adjust better than most righties can, to doing things the lefthanded way.

In some Police departments, the anti-lefty discrimination is so bad, that they actually endanger lefthanded officers' lives by forcing them to wear their holsters on the wrong side!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: It's interesting that you never did any more Katie adventures with her as a cop, but perhaps it seemed there would only be one plot - Katie writes citation, Katie gets spanked.
Yeah. That's mostly why I didn't draw any more strips with Katie being a cop. Other than writing tickets to the wrong people, the only other reason I could think of for a pretty female officer to get a spanking... would be if she put herself into unnecessary danger during the performance of her duties, so that another officer would have to rescue her... and then, once he was sure she was safe.... over his knee she would go! But that could be done even with her as a civilian... or in her current job as a spy...
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

I would love to see Katie have more employment opportunities in the near future
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Ha, Ha - The mayor gives a whole new meaning to the term "fender-bender". Thanks for the strips and just keep in mind you never have to apologize for any oops as long as Katie ends up being upended. :) Being left-handed myself I have to agree with what's already been said that it's the natural temptation to do things "backwards". For example, umpiring a few softball games back in the day I always wanted to shoot my left arm up in the air to call a strike. :)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Wasn't Katie given compensation and offered her job back in the fifth thread when the mayor was found to be corrupt?