Tartan Day

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Tartan Day

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

I looked through my "Boom" folder 3 times and I could hardly believe I didn't already have this one :o . On the other hand, I now had 2 of Katie's adventures which were new to me to check out this morning :D :D . Panel 01......well, yeah! Katie definitely looks like a naughty, little school girl.....who doesn't love THAT :D :D ! In the next 2 panels, Katie proceeds to run her mouth without thinking and realizes the mistake she's making too late :? :lol: . In my book that kind of makes Katie a typical girl......teasing and giggling without thinking about the consequences 8-) . I love Katie's OTK position in panel 04 as well as her kicking legs, cute panties and her expression as she realizes Bullmoose is going to spank her in public :lol: . Panel 05 brings back fond memories. Many times I've had a naughty girl over my lap with her dress raised and the seat of her panties sticking up who was still giggling, even though she knew she was in trouble.......I just love it :D . She just looks so cute in panel 06 as she tries to protect her stinging bottom 8-) . Funny how girls will do this even though they know better than to do that :lol: . Angry Angus :lol: and she's back to laughing even though her bottom is really stinging now. At the risk of repeating myself, I just love it when a girl I'm spanking does this 8-) :lol: . Then we come to the inevitable end and it's just the way it should be :D :D . Thanks for sharing this with us :D . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Happy to be of help. I appreciate your talent as a storyteller and cartoonist.

With my appalling handwriting and arthritic old mitts I would never be up to what you do.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:Panel 01......well, yeah! Katie definitely looks like a naughty, little school girl.....who doesn't love THAT!
Judging from a lot of comments in the past, I think the pleated skirt is everybody's favorite look for Katie. I change it up every now and then, but I always like to go back to putting her in a pleated plaid "schoolgirl" skirt.
overbarrel49 wrote: In the next 2 panels, Katie proceeds to run her mouth without thinking and realizes the mistake she's making too late. In my book that kind of makes Katie a typical girl......teasing and giggling without thinking about the consequences.
Telling Bullmoose he looks like a schoolgirl isn't the smartest thing she's ever said! I think it ranks up there pretty close to saying, "You wouldn't dare!" to a man who's planning to spank her! And then telling him she ought to spank him... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sort of like waving a red flag at a Bull! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49 wrote:I love Katie's OTK position in panel 04 as well as her kicking legs, cute panties and her expression as she realizes Bullmoose is going to spank her in public.
That part is always fun to draw!
overbarrel49 wrote:Panel 05 brings back fond memories. Many times I've had a naughty girl over my lap with her dress raised and the seat of her panties sticking up who was still giggling, even though she knew she was in trouble.......I just love it.
Yeah! She can't help but laugh... even though she knows she's making him madder!
overbarrel49 wrote:She just looks so cute in panel 06 as she tries to protect her stinging bottom. Funny how girls will do this even though they know better than to do that.
I guess it's sort of a reflex. But I think Katie has learned over the years not to do that with Bullmoose!
overbarrel49 wrote: Angry Angus and she's back to laughing even though her bottom is really stinging now. At the risk of repeating myself, I just love it when a girl I'm spanking does this.
I only ever used Bullmoose's real first name this one time, and it made Katie giggle wildly, even though she was already feeling the sting of a vigorous spanking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I sort of stole that idea from the old TV show, McGyver. His first name was Angus too. And it was only ever mentioned in one episode of the long-running show. Unfortunately... he never spanked a girl for making fun of his name.
overbarrel49 wrote:Then we come to the inevitable end and it's just the way it should be. Thanks for sharing this with us.
You're welcome. And thank you for what you've said about this one.

I have some Scottish ancestry myself, but I've never worn a kilt... so I've never gotten the opportunity to spank a girl for making fun of it. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: But I really think spanking girls who make fun of kilts should be a part of the Tartan Day celebration! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote:Happy to be of help. I appreciate your talent as a storyteller and cartoonist.
Thanks again for finding this one. I thought it was lost forever.
willjohn wrote:With my appalling handwriting and arthritic old mitts I would never be up to what you do.
Sorry to hear about your arthritis. My father had it really bad. I've been fortunate so far. (Knock wood!)
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Boy, are we lucky that this little gem was preserved! Thanks to Chross for keeping it and to Phil for paying attention and keeping track of it!

Katie is actually a little brattier here than usual, but is typically heedless of consequences and pays the appropriate penalty :lol: ! She's actually quite lucky that Bullmoose is an (American) traditionalist and doesn't use the tawse, a fiendishly effective spanking implement (clever people, those Scots!). Good build up as Katie digs her own grave and realizes her folly too late :) .
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Boy, are we lucky that this little gem was preserved! Thanks to Chross for keeping it and to Phil for paying attention and keeping track of it!
Actually, this time WillJohn gets the credit for finding one of my "lost" 'toons
web-ed wrote:Katie is actually a little brattier here than usual, but is typically heedless of consequences and pays the appropriate penalty!
Yeah. I guess she is brattier than usual... even suggesting that she should give him a spanking! A bonny lass should never make fun of a man's kilt!
web-ed wrote:She's actually quite lucky that Bullmoose is an (American) traditionalist and doesn't use the tawse, a fiendishly effective spanking implement (clever people, those Scots!). Good build up as Katie digs her own grave and realizes her folly too late.
I usually prefer to use implements in my strip that I've used in real life, and I've never had access to a tawse. Those things do look pretty mean!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

An old Scots doctor I used to go to spoke about it once. He went to school before WWII (he served in the RAF).

He had a teacher he called "Bulldog" Drummond who taught maths. Children in her class fared well in maths for fear of her liberal use of the tawse.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:An old Scots doctor I used to go to spoke about it once. He went to school before WWII (he served in the RAF).

He had a teacher he called "Bulldog" Drummond who taught maths. Children in her class fared well in maths for fear of her liberal use of the tawse.
Yes, it's quite fearsome. I tend to avoid using straps of any kind (I classify the tawse as a kind of strap) because of their tendency to wrap, but there's no doubt that they're effective! Spankos experimenting with them for the first time would be well advised to used the lightest one they can find, and take it easy when applying it.

By the way, Willjohn, thanks for preserving B00m's old stuff. It must have been late when I went down this topic and I thought Phil had done it for some reason.
-- Web-Ed
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Katie ALWAYS looks great as a schoolgirl!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

By the way, Willjohn, thanks for preserving B00m's old stuff. It must have been late when I went down this topic and I thought Phil had done it for some reason.[/quote]

I remembered seeing it somewhere and guessed if it was not here it would be on Chross. Chross preserved it, I didn't.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

solsunbeach wrote:Katie ALWAYS looks great as a schoolgirl!
Yeah. I try to change things up now and then, putting her in different clothes, but my favorite is still the short pleated skirt! ;) ;) ;) ;)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Yes, it's quite fearsome. I tend to avoid using straps of any kind (I classify the tawse as a kind of strap) because of their tendency to wrap, but there's no doubt that they're effective! Spankos experimenting with them for the first time would be well advised to used the lightest one they can find, and take it easy when applying it.
Good advice... IF I ever use one! However, I think I prefer a bare hand or a hairbrush (for real life, and for Katie's tender bottom).