Here's one for Jim

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Here's one for Jim

Postby overbarrel49 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 am

hi everyone,

i was reading jim's post in dan's gallery and i thought he had a lot of good comments there. i agree with dan in that such comments are helpful to me and i would like to see more comments that state what was liked and disliked by the viewers. anyway, jim mentioned that i usually do punishment spankings and he's exactly right. i do like to see a good, bare bottom blistering and so i have a tendency to do stories that depict that. i do, however, do some that show the couple enjoying their spanking and since jim mentioned that he likes to see both the spanker and spankee enjoying themselves i decided to post one of them for him. this is one i did for new years a couple years ago. this couple in this pic has their own "special" way of counting down to midnight and even though they have friends over for a party they intend to continue their tradition :D . the pic is called "Count Down". i hope you enjoy it. phil
Count Down.jpg
wouldn't you love to go to a new years party like this one?
Count Down.jpg (251.79 KiB) Viewed 4895 times

daneldorado

Re: Here's one for Jim

Postby daneldorado » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi Phil:

Is that YOU, in the photo hanging on the wall? Lookin' good...!

This, dear friend, is probably the most perfect OTK positioning ever. Here, the happy girl over the man's knee is all smiles as she absorbs her "Count Down" swats. And she is well-balanced over his lap. Her back is arched, as it should be, and her bottom is elevated precisely over his right knee. None of that "over the whole lap" stuff here. Whenever I spank a girl, I make sure to position her darling target over my right knee, for better access to my right (punishing) hand. Of course, if I were left-handed, she would have to be positioned over my LEFT knee.

By the way, it should also be said that you draw the best-looking female legs I've ever seen. In this one especially, her gams are picture perfect, shaped and rounded in the best tradition of pin-up photos. And although her thighs and her knees are held close together in lady-like fashion, her lower legs are slightly separated so that we get a better view. Excellent job, Phil.

Cheers,
Dan

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm

hi dan,

i can not tell a lie, that is indeed me looking on cheerfully from the t v screen :lol: i like to put in a cameo appearance once in a while just for grins ;) . i'm glad you noticed the otk positioning as that is something that i can control :D . it's funny how the camera angle of the pic sometimes affects it though. i use a separate camera to get the posing just the way i want it.....................bottom elevated over the right knee etc. but sometimes it doesn't look quite right from the actual angle i intend to shoot the pic and i have to make minor changes to get it to look right. that was not necessary on this one though. i can only take partial credit for her nicely shaped legs though. the person who created the texture for this character started the process although i did manipulate the bottom and legs some to get the final character i wanted :D . thanks for noticing the pose of her legs too. i thought this was entirely appropriate for this type of spanking, especially considering that there are onlookers. i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . thanks, phil

jimc

Postby jimc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi, Phil, THANK YOU! That did indeed have everything i look for in a spanking (positioning- Great otk balance and the legs were just right; expressions- i loved all of these i love the wry smile on the blonde, the worried look on the brunette, the smile of the spankee (the upper smile on your program is excellent, it is the bottom one that always seems to draw my attention as it looks like it does not belong there and looks like she is going to lose her jaw (at least it seems that way to me) and the tv person had a great smile as well like he could see and enjoy the party going on like it was on closed circuit tv.) I enjoy the clothing, the textures, the colors and the full bottom (one of my comments was about more proportioned (not too large bottom.) and you delivered. Thank you so much for sharing this it does indeed look like it was drawn esp for me. I had never seen this one before and i think it covers all the aspects and nuances that i myself find enjoyable. I would like to see a party like this for sure. I like the drape of the party dress and the position of the panties and the blush on the bottom and the other cheeks as well. The effort that you took for this one was really appreciated. Can i add WOW, DOUBLE WOW and TOTALLY AWESOME to my comments. I do hope that you have some more of these every once in awhile. have a great day
JIm

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 am

hi jim,

you're welcome. i'm glad you mentioned the expressions of the 2 female onlookers :D . personally, i think that such reactions can be almost as much fun as looking at the spanking couple. the blonde seems to be hoping that her man will give her such a spanking and possibly wondering how she can get that to happen. the other girl seems to be worried that it might happen to her too............she'd probably be even more worried if she was noticing the look on her man's face :lol: . i wish i could figure out why there appears to be something wrong with the mouths of the spankees in my pics :?: they look just fine to me on my computer. i do have one other viewer who comments about the mouths once in a while but his comments are always about white patches which i assume are the spankee's teeth showing. apparently he can't see them well enough to tell what they are. as far as my smile on the tv goes, poser doesn't do that. that is just a photograph of me that i placed on the tv screen using photoshop. anyway, i'm really glad you enjoyed this one :D . i seem to be having plenty of time to work on pics now so i'll plan on doing more of these kind of pics and posting them. thanks for your comments. phil

hugob00m

Re: mouths

Postby hugob00m » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:27 pm

overbarrel49 wrote:i wish i could figure out why there appears to be something wrong with the mouths of the spankees in my pics :?: they look just fine to me on my computer. i do have one other viewer who comments about the mouths once in a while but his comments are always about white patches which i assume are the spankee's teeth showing. apparently he can't see them well enough to tell what they are.

I think I know what the problem is with the mouths and what to do about it.

I was looking at your wonderful Backside Story series and thinking that there was something slightly wrong. Then I realized that the inside of Tammy's mouth is not dark enough. The upper front teeth look alright if they're pure white, or close to it, but the lower teeth, especially the molars that show when she opens up really wide are in the shadows and shouldn't show up as bright as the upper front ones.

To illustrate what I mean, here's Tammy's face from the first panel...
tammy 9.jpg
tammy 9.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
...and this is what I'd change.
tammy 10.jpg
tammy 10.jpg (4.43 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
What I did was use the selction tool to outline the inside of her mouth and then I used the floodfill tool to darken the whole area using a dark reddish brown at 40% opacity, and then darken the left side a little more using a gradient fill.

hugob00m

Re: mouths

Postby hugob00m » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 pm

To continue with what I was saying about the mouths, I have another example from later in the story.In this picture, the row of lower teeth look almost like an extension of the upper teeth, giving her an almost vampiric appearance.
tammy 5.jpg
tammy 5.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
And here's what I would do.
tammy 6.jpg
tammy 6.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 4852 times

I hope this suggestion will be of some use to you as you continue your wonderful series.

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:29 pm

hi boom,

this is very interesting information..................especially when you consider that i usually use a spotlight on the faces of the spanker and spankee in these pics which is no doubt why those back teeth look so white :o . i started doing that some time back because i like folks to be able to see the faces of the players and i was having to put the regular lights in positions that would make the rest of the pic look too light in order to get the faces so you could see them. the pics you modified looked much better after you worked on them and i know just how you did it . i have the next 5 pics already done and i'm gonna look all of them over and make any changes that seem necessary. i hope jim reads your post. i'll be really interested to see if this solves the problem he mentioned. thanks for the tip :D . phil

web-ed
Site Admin

Postby web-ed » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:21 pm

This was a fun one, Phil! Let's talk about the expressions:
  1. The Spanker - he's having a good time, and I can't say I blame him!
  2. The Spankee - she's having a good time, too. How wicked, and how like Homer Provence (Jim's favorite Humorama cartoonist)! Great OTK positioning, and she's got a great body, too. I want to spank her myself!
  3. Male guest #1 - a little embarrassed, but he likes what he sees.
  4. Female guest #1 - very embarrassed, and more than a little scared.
  5. Male guest #2 - As was the case with #1, he likes what he sees, and he's not at all embarrassed!.
  6. Female guest #2 - a little embarrassed, but she finds the idea of getting spanked exciting. Judging from male guest #2's expression, as soon as they get home they're going to try out this spanking thing for themselves.
  7. Voyeuristic onlooker #1, a.k.a. Phil himself - hey, if Alfred Hitchcock could do it, why not Phil?
-- Web-Ed

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:39 pm

hi web-ed,

i enjoyed your comments. first off, you had all the expressions just about right which makes me smile since that means those expressions were conveying just what i wanted them to :D i did think that female guest #2 was already plotting how she could get a spanking too just in case her man didn't make a move in it :lol: . as far as my pic is concerned................there's something to be said for voyeurism :D . i'm betting hitchcock would have been proud of me. glad you enjoyed the pic :D . thanks, phil

Return to “Overbarrel Gallery”