Here's one for Jim

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
jimc

Re: Here's one for Jim

Post by jimc »

Hi b00m and hi Phil. Thank you for noticing the teeth as they were what i found most critical of the great works of art other than that. Although i think the shading did help there was a problem with the vampire one ( although that might be an intresting story for the future (Van overbarrell Vampire spanker!) it did look like Tammy had something in her mouth (a stick, an abcess, an another tongue, or even a stick of gum) and i was drawn to that as well. The work that you have to do after reading b00m's solution really wants to make me give you a standing ovation Phil as i had no idea it was that involved a process. I had not paid that much attention to the hands until someone brought them to my attention. I have always enjoyed your otk (positions, drape of the clothes, hairstyles, background, expressions and of course the bottoms) and while i did notice the hands i did not know that you had to work on everything to make them as real as they look. So i will try to make more of an effort to be amazed by your work ( i already am, but i see some other things now that i had not before) and comment accordingly. I always like the 1st part of a spanking story where the girl is positioned otk (put over the knee), although i am more of a mutual consent type of spanker and having the spankee get over the knee willingly is the type of story that i really enjoy. I do have to ademit there are elements of of forced spanking that are appealing as well. have a great day and have a happy 4th of July ( although i am sure where you are it is not celebrated Phil and i think every holiday has spanking possibilities i hope every one enjoys it) Be well
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi jim,

i'm still not sure exactly what you are seeing with the mouths. i don't see it and i have questioned some of my regular viewers and only one had a problem with it and then only occasionally. as far as the shading inside the mouth goes, i thought it was a great idea and the modifications that boom made had a big impact on the overall look of it so i will be continuing to do that. i am always interested in comments that might help me improve my toons. if you go back to the original overbarrel toon group; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/overbarre ... oonsgroup/ , you will see that my earliest stuff is really primative and not at all well done. i knew that then but just didn't know how to fix it so i have been trying to make improvements ever since i started so any comments that might help are always welcome :) . i guess i need to do a playful or erotic spanking toon for you. i have other viewers who like those too. not sure just why you thought we don't celebrate the 4th but i live in indiana and i can assure you we do :lol: . in fact we are going to our son's house tomorrow for a 4th of july cook out :D . i guess i need to do more toons with holiday themes but i keep forgetting about them. i usually do christmas toons and new years. i can never think of anything for thanksgiving. i'll try to remember to do more holiday ones though...............LOL. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

overbarrel wrote:

i usually do christmas toons and new years. i can never think of anything for thanksgiving. i'll try to remember to do more holiday ones though...............LOL. thanks, phil

Don't know what to draw for Spanksgiving Day? I remember one, from about 20 years ago, that showed an American colonial settler and an Indian chief celebrating together. The American was spanking a pretty young squaw, and the Indian dude was spanking the settler's lovely wife. It was an outdoor scene, with log cabins and wigwams in the background.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Post by jimc »

Sorry Phil, i thought you were in England. I am in Virginia myself. I am sorry my comments about the mouth are so vexing. I do really appreciate that you are trying to fix something that you can not see in your computer ( to my eyes it is quite obvious, but different monitors have different brightness levels and maybe mouths are one thing i look at as well as the spanking.) and since i am the only one that complains about it or sees it i think you can probally forget them and make it as you would draw it as you are indeed the final judge if it is good or not.I can think of any number of stories involving any holiday (even some songs pop in my head) and i do really appreciate that you did show one esp. for me i may be alone in what appeals to me and i always say an artist creates what he sees and he wants to portray and critics are just that... critics... and the artist is the only one that knows what was being portrayed anyway. I like your otk and all the other things , so i do like almost all of your stories, charactors, situations and of course your expressions so i hope you do not go out of your way to create a special one because i like all that you do just some more than others. have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi dan,

i do indeed remember that one where they are spanking each others women and in fact, i have it in my personal files :D . somehow i just never can think of anything new to do..................sigh. maybe i can start asking for suggestions and see if anything comes up that way. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi jim,

on the one hand, even though we are all into spanking, there is no "normal". we all have different tastes within the spanking scene. on the other hand i think you are far from alone in what appeals to you. i like the punishment spankings best so that's what i do the most of but i do other kinds sometimes. what i have noticed is that who replies to my toons seems to depend on what kind of story it is. i have a feeling that there are many folks who share your tastes in this matter. that's the main reason i started doing spanking pics. i like otk, hand spankings best although i do enjoy a little paddling now and then. i was having trouble finding the kinds of spanking drawings that turn me on the most so doing them myself seemed the obvious answer. once i started posting them online i found that i wasn't alone in my preferences and i have no doubt that you aren't either. later, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:I like otk, hand spankings best although i do enjoy a little paddling now and then.l
That's what I like too. And I'm really enjoying your story on the other thread, the one with Tommy and Tammy. I can hardly wait to see the "end result". Will Tammy be contrite and cooperative by the time Tommy finishes with her? :oops: (at least for a while) ;) I guess I'll have to wait and see! :D
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hey Phil!

punishment spankings are the best! OTK is my favorite, but paddlings are close behind (good pun but not intended!) s much as I like to be spanked or paddled I would not like either to take place in front of other people. you watching from the tv is very interesting! kind of like being a fly on the wall! spankers like to watch but I think most spankees would not liked to be watched. but as a spankee I would not be adverse to watching someone else get spanked, but then I would be jealous and want my own spanking. just in private.

I liked this one though! thanks phil!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hey Phil!

punishment spankings are the best! OTK is my favorite, but paddlings are close behind (good pun but not intended!) s much as I like to be spanked or paddled I would not like either to take place in front of other people. you watching from the tv is very interesting! kind of like being a fly on the wall! spankers like to watch but I think most spankees would not liked to be watched. but as a spankee I would not be adverse to watching someone else get spanked, but then I would be jealous and want my own spanking. just in private.

I liked this one though! thanks phil!

sunflower
hi Sunflower,

i think not wanting to get a public spanking is a common theme among spankees although many of them like to fantasize about it, there are few who actually want to experience it. i thought watching from the tv was a nice touch since i would indeed like to be a "fly on the wall" when a spanking is going on 8-) . you said you would like to watch a spanking. there are some spankees who say they would be horrified at seeing another girl get a spanking but i always wondered..............what if it was a friend you knew well or perhaps a sister and you always thought she deserved a spanking. do you think you might giggle a little at her predicament? i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:i think not wanting to get a public spanking is a common theme among spankees although many of them like to fantasize about it, there are few who actually want to experience it. i thought watching from the tv was a nice touch since i would indeed like to be a "fly on the wall" when a spanking is going on . you said you would like to watch a spanking. there are some spankees who say they would be horrified at seeing another girl get a spanking but i always wondered..............what if it was a friend you knew well or perhaps a sister and you always thought she deserved a spanking. do you think you might giggle a little at her predicament? i'm glad you enjoyed it . thanks, phil
I have fantasized about a public spanking or other people watching . even a friend telling me that watching me get spanked would be great fun! I would not be horrified to watch a spanking, I would get some kind of idea on what I looked like. and it would be a nice change of pace to see one from a spankers perspective, instead of looking at the floor! I would probably giggle and enjoy the sight no matter who it was. but be glad it wasn't me that people were watching!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:I have fantasized about a public spanking or other people watching . even a friend telling me that watching me get spanked would be great fun! I would not be horrified to watch a spanking, I would get some kind of idea on what I looked like. and it would be a nice change of pace to see one from a spankers perspective, instead of looking at the floor! I would probably giggle and enjoy the sight no matter who it was. but be glad it wasn't me that people were watching!

sunflower
i think that fantasies about public spanking are very common ones with both spankers and spankees alike.............although the ladies almost always say they don't actually want it to happen :lol: . i was interested in your comment about a friend watching you. kinda makes you wonder just what kind of reaction they would have if they actually did get to see you getting a spanking. perhaps they would just figure that you needed a good spanking. if so, they might be laughing and egging your spanker on to blister your bottom good 8-) . that was very analytical of you to want to watch another girl getting a spanking so you could see what you looked like :lol: . i also thought it was interesting that you thought you would giggle at your friend's predicament and enjoy it if you were watching her getting a spanking. i've often thought that girls would enjoy seeing a friend get a spanking...............especially if you know them well and know they deserved a spanking. there again, most spankees i have talked to say they would not enjoy watching a friend getting a spanking and deny that they would be giggling. i always found that suspicious :lol: . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote: i also thought it was interesting that you thought you would giggle at your friend's predicament and enjoy it if you were watching her getting a spanking. i've often thought that girls would enjoy seeing a friend get a spanking...............especially if you know them well and know they deserved a spanking. there again, most spankees i have talked to say they would not enjoy watching a friend getting a spanking and deny that they would be giggling. i always found that suspicious . thanks, phil

hi phil!

don't all woman deserve a spanking now and then? I think I just pushed the womans movement back about 50 years with that comment! but I truly think if there were more men who were willing to take charge and yes, spank their girlfriends/wives relationships would last longer. I wonder if someone spanked Gloria Steinam if her life would have been different? and any spankee who denies she would enjoy watching a spanking should be spanked herself because she is lying. and they would indeed giggle. a nervous giggle, but a giggle none the less! I think my giggles would be nervous as I would be afraid I would be next and then my friend could giggle at me!

sunflower
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix missing code for quote
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote: hi phil!

don't all woman deserve a spanking now and then? I think I just pushed the womans movement back about 50 years with that comment! but I truly think if there were more men who were willing to take charge and yes, spank their girlfriends/wives relationships would last longer. I wonder if someone spanked Gloria Steinam if her life would have been different?
hi Sunflower,

i couldn't agree more :D . i have thought the same thing for years now ;) .
sunflower309 wrote:and any spankee who denies she would enjoy watching a spanking should be spanked herself because she is lying. and they would indeed giggle. a nervous giggle, but a giggle none the less! I think my giggles would be nervous as I would be afraid I would be next and then my friend could giggle at me!

sunflower
this is a very interesting comment because i have wondered for a long time now if girls wouldn't like to see other girls..............especially ones they know................getting a good spanking :D . i have done some toons depicting this also. so, tell me, would you have a different reaction when watching a friend get a spanking if you were sure you were safe than you would have if you knew you were next? just curious :lol: . phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:this is a very interesting comment because i have wondered for a long time now if girls wouldn't like to see other girls..............especially ones they know................getting a good spanking . i have done some toons depicting this also. so, tell me, would you have a different reaction when watching a friend get a spanking if you were sure you were safe than you would have if you knew you were next? just curious . phil
I do indeed know my reaction would be different. if I was safe I would just enjoy watching my friend get what's coming to her. :P instead of giggling I might just laugh. I would not cheer on the spanker though because I feel that karma is a bitch! I think I would feel sorry for her while it is happening because not only is her bottom turning red but she has an audience. I would just be glad it wasn't me! and again I would have an idea of what I look like in that situation. which could add to my embarrassment when I did get spanked. :oops:

if I thought I could be next I would be more low key. I would still find it amusing but my mind would be on me being next! I would just giggle and it would be a nervous giggle. I couldn't concentrate on what was happeing to her 100%. would still feel sorry for her but I would already jave started feeling sorry for myself.

but we would both be getting what we deserve i'm sure!

sunflower
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi Phil as I was going back over your old toons I found the one that you made for me , but I could not find the picture the rest of the thread seemed to be up but not the picture itself. Do you have the same problem? Have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote:Hi Phil as I was going back over your old toons I found the one that you made for me , but I could not find the picture the rest of the thread seemed to be up but not the picture itself. Do you have the same problem? Have a great day.
Jim
hi Jim,

i checked and the pic is on the first post on page one. i have no idea why you couldn't see it. maybe if you reload the page???? phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes it is back up . So it must have been something from my end, but it was strange as that was the only picture that was missing in the thread and other threads did not seem to be affected, so that is why I thought it might have been some maintenance issue. Thanks for the reply. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:Yes it is back up . So it must have been something from my end, but it was strange as that was the only picture that was missing in the thread and other threads did not seem to be affected, so that is why I thought it might have been some maintenance issue. Thanks for the reply. Have a great day.
Jim
It might indeed be an issue, Jim - something is wrong with the dates on the attachments to this board. I back them up by date - there are over 1300 so of course I only back up the most recent (since the last backup). Somehow, almost all the file dates were changed to 9/24/2015. I don't know how it happened and of course I can't change them back to what they were.

In theory, we should still be o.k. as long as the names haven't changed, because this board finds the attachment files by their encrypted names, but I've been worried about any files that might be missing. I'm in a bind because I can't safely download all the files without knowing that no names have been changed, and if I upload all the files in my backup folder I'm not sure they will replace the ones used by the board. I'll wait a little longer before taking any action, but if anyone notices any missing attachments, please bring it to my attention.
-- Web-Ed