Another Level

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Another Level

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote: Well, just to restore some "balance" to the situation, let me say that I am strenuously opposed to women -- especially PRETTY women -- wearing long pants in any situation, unless it's rock climbing or some similar activity. When I was a kid and even as a teen, all women wore SKIRTS or DRESSES, and I loved looking at their shapely legs stretching below those garments.
hi Dan,

as i mentioned to solsunbeach, i too prefer dresses or skirts. i don't have anything against pants per se but i do really like dresses better. when i was in school, girls had to wear dresses or skirts to school too so that may account for why i like dresses better over all. i don't know when they changed that policy but it was still that way in 1967 when i graduated. of course, the reasons that dresses are better for spanking are obvious............ease of access :D . even with that being the case, i still have experience pulling pants down for a spanking. my girl friend in those days always came home and changed into shorts or pants after school so many of the spankings i gave her required me to get those pants down. my favorite fantasy is one where the spankee is wearing a bra, panties and a nice spring dress :D .
daneldorado wrote:
P.S.: Oh, one other thing. If you spank a girl who is wearing jeans, no matter how hard you spank or for how long, at some point you will have to ask her to stand up and unbutton her jeans so you can pull them down for the rest of the spanking. That's insane. If you are the spanker, at that point you will have LOST CONTROL. Once you let the lady stand up, she is free to run away from you to evade the rest of the spanking. Much better to have her in a skirt from the beginning, so that she can be "unpeeled" by layers, all while she is over your lap and under your control.
i have a solution for this problem which you will see tomorrow when i post the next pic :D . as i said before, i still prefer dresses or skirts, especially for spanking but since there are some folks who like to see the ladies in jeans or pants i change it up once in a while. i might add here too that it is easier for me to do a pic with a dress pulled up than it is pants pulled down. good discussion. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:There are practical problems with spanking over jeans, also. First of all, heavy cotton denim is rather hard on the hand. I don't spank over jeans too long because even though I know some sting is penetrating to the region beneath them, I think I'm getting as much as the spankee is, which is not the way it's supposed to happen.
hi web-ed,

i totally agree with this. after all, a spanking is supposed to hurt the spankee...........not the spanker :shock: . the only times i have ever given a spanking over pants is when i was still in school and hadn't gotten to the point with my girl where she would allow me to remove them :lol: . that is especially true in the case of the heavy denim of jeans.
web-ed wrote:Let's see how Phil has the husband deal with these issues...
if you'll notice in the last pic i posted, her jeans were already unbuttoned which eliminates part of the problem. tomorrow i'll post the next pic and the rest of my "solution" will become clear :lol: . again, this is a good discussion. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

well, this has to be embarrassing!
well, this has to be embarrassing!
006.jpg (305.34 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
hi everyone,

you know, there are some times that are really thoughtful and really nervous for a spankee about to get a spanking and i think we may have stumbled on to one of those times. it's all part of the spanking process though and sometimes a very powerful part. i hope you enjoy it. phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

That's the way to solve the jeans problem....
Get 'em down!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:That's the way to solve the jeans problem....
Get 'em down!
hi willjohn,

i'm glad you approve of my solution to the jeans problem :D ...............works for panties too :lol: . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Previously, when overbarrel posted his poser toons, he gave us a darn good reason WHY these girls were getting spanked.

With the young lady that was caught stealing electronic equipment from Best Buy, she was apprehended and given a good, sound, OTK spanking for her trouble. Yay! Justice was served!

With the story of "Tommy and Tammy," we saw an arrogant diva behaving like a bitch and disrupting rehersals. So, the director took her over his knee -- not too privately -- and gave her a sound, bare bottom spanking before the entire company until she promised she woud behave in the future. Score another one for the good guys.

With "One Good Turn," we saw the ultimate -- and Phil, if you're reading this, trust me: You will NEVER surpass this one. It is the perfect spanking scenario, and it is played out in front of several witnesses, so I know you put a lot of work into it. And it shows. The girl, Jennifer, was spanked for showing off her mother's miniskirt from the sixties, and parading in front of her Granddad's old buddies. Later, her mother shows up, and Granddad spanks HER, too... since she's the one who instigated this disgraceful exhibition. At the end, the girls are further humiliated by having to serve rounds of beer to the old guys, in their underwear! This is why I say, "One Good Turn" is the A-NUMBER ONE spanking story of all time! Honestly now, how can you compete with that?

But Phil's new story, "Another Level," is a different matter altogether.

For one thing, we have alreadys seen six (6!) panels so far, and there is NO spanking action in any of them! And what, pray tell, is the REASON for the spanking that is sure to come?

Well, in the first panel Kevin says to his wife Christine:

"Christine, we decided all this and decided how to proceed. WHY did you change it without telling me?"

Change WHAT? What are they talking about?

"Well, you'll think about it next time because I intend to make really sure of it, young lady."

Remember, we still don't know WHAT the lady did that was so wrong.

And later, he tells her:

"We need to correct your recent behavior! As soon as I get your panties down I'm going to turn you over my lap and apply the needed correction directly to your naughty, bare bottom, young lady!"

Again I ask: WHAT recent behavior? What is so much wronger than stealing from Best Buy, or behaving like a bitch in front of your cast mates, or brazenly showing off your bodies in front of horny old men?

I gotta tell you, Phil... Your artistry is intact, as far as producing pretty pictures. But there is no story here.

Maybe next time.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:But Phil's new story, "Another Level," is a different matter altogether.
daneldorado wrote:Well, in the first panel Kevin says to his wife Christine:

"Christine, we decided all this and decided how to proceed. WHY did you change it without telling me?"

Change WHAT? What are they talking about?

"Well, you'll think about it next time because I intend to make really sure of it, young lady."

Remember, we still don't know WHAT the lady did that was so wrong.

And later, he tells her:

"We need to correct your recent behavior! As soon as I get your panties down I'm going to turn you over my lap and apply the needed correction directly to your naughty, bare bottom, young lady!"

Again I ask: WHAT recent behavior? What is so much wronger than stealing from Best Buy, or behaving like a bitch in front of your cast mates, or brazenly showing off your bodies in front of horny old men?
hi Dan,

i guess i have to disagree with you on this point. i thought i had made it perfectly clear what her crime was and that it was one of the most "serious" crimes that can be committed against one's spouse.............dishonesty. in pic #1 Kevin says, "I'm not upset about the changes. I'm upset because you sneaked around behind my back instead of telling me the truth". in pic #2 he says, "honesty between us is too important". in pic #5 he says, "You need to learn that you have to be honest with me". in addition to the honesty problem, Christine indicates in pic #4 that she doesn't really believe that he will spank her so in pic #5 Kevin says, "You need to know that i will spank you when i think it's necessary." that is the second reason for the spanking. it is true that i don't have them discussing "exactly" what she sneaked around and changed behind his back but to be honest, i thought this was really just not important. to me this seemed like the kind of mundane, unimportant details that clutter up the pics with too much dialog. anyway, i hope this will clear up any confusion about the reason for the spanking.
daneldorado wrote:For one thing, we have alreadys seen six (6!) panels so far, and there is NO spanking action in any of them!
ok, this is a different matter and to be honest i was prepared for comments like this :lol: . not only have you seen 6 panels with no spanking but also there is no spanking in the next panel and she doesn't even go otk till the one after that so be warned about this :lol: . we have talked about this before and i think it was in connection with one of O T Katie's adventures. i am aware that many viewers, yourself included, don't like to see too many pics with no spanking in them. However, i have many viewers who really enjoy the build up to the actual spanking. this is particularly true of the female viewers. as a matter of fact i wish i had a nickle for every toon i have posted where i was getting a lot of comments right up until the spanking started and then they dried up. anyway, i like both kinds. the way i have it figured that announcement that she is gonna get a spanking is what really gets the whole process started..........getting those emotions rolling. as the discussion goes on and it becomes clear that there really is gonna be a spanking and that it is imminent, those emotions keep building and getting more intense. personally i think that all this build up of emotion before the spanking is just as exciting as the actual physical spanking. the name of this toon indicates that this spanking will take our married couple to another level in their relationship. it's my opinion that a physical spanking alone won't accomplish this. the emotional mindset has to be there for that level to be achieved. it was always my intention from the conception of this toon that there would be several panels showing her emotional build up before the spanking. in other words, i'm afraid this was all intentional. i guess i should have started with a disclaimer stating that :lol: .

ok, i think that addresses your concerns although it seems unlikely that any of it will enhance your enjoyment of the toon...............and probably several other people as well. that's as it should be though. as we have discussed before, every spanko has different tastes and ideas and i learned early on that not everyone will like every toon. as a matter of fact, some of my viewers who send me the most comments were totally silent while i was posting "one good turn". the difference between those folks and you is that their lack of comments was of absolutely no help to me. sure, i know they didn't care for the toon but i have no idea why. i have told almost everyone who has ever commented on my pics that specific comments about what they like and dislike are helpful and encouraged them to make such comments. silence is hardly helpful. what i am using way too many words trying to tell you is that i greatly appreciate your "specific" comments. there is no doubt in my mind what you are saying here and that "is" helpful. they are the kind of comments that will be on my mind as i prepare to do new pics and also plan new toons :D . it's really the fastest and best way to learn what folks want so thanks much for taking time to ponder my toons and post these comments. having said this, i "will" understand though if you chose to sleep through the next couple of pics till we get to some actual spanking :lol: sorry this reply is so long but i thought it was a good opportunity to expound on my thought processes. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Phil:

Okay, just remember that I am one of your biggest fans and that I will always remember your greatest contribution to the commonweal, namely "One Good Turn." That one's a classic.

You wrote:

i "will" understand though if you chose to sleep through the next couple of pics till we get to some actual spanking

Fair enough. But before I go to sleep ;) , please remember that I am a fan, and my comments here have less to do with spanking-less panels than the lack of a coherent reason for the spanking.

As I have often said when posting my own cartoons, GIVE ME COMMENTS!!! Doesn't matter if they are good or bad, I just want to know what you think of my efforts! Rest assured, Phil, I will never ignore your work. For this story, I just want to know what the hell Christine did to deserve the spanking she is about to get. You haven't really told us that, though you were most forthcoming on your previous efforts.

Some professional cartoonist created a panel (it's posted here, somewhere) that shows an OTK spanking with the male spanker telling his female spankee something like:

"I'm spanking you because I'm mad at you for not giving me a good reason to spank you!"
[The cartoon Dan is referring to is "Reason to Spank" by Kirk Stiles - Web-Ed]

Funny, isn't it, how my thoughts ran to that toon when I observed the first six panels of your new work.

Well, okay. If Kevin has no valid reason to spank his pretty bride, I guess he could use an INvalid one. :lol: Just wanna know.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi phil, i love this next story I actually enjoy women in tight-fitting jeans getting spanked and your solution is great as well. I quess in my mind a woman who knows she is in for a spanking would not run away when she had her pants taken down, but knows she deserved it and would take her medicine in the spirit in which it was given. I do have to admit too that i was a little lost in the beginning about why she was getting spanked and i could not follow the story (this was not your writing, but more my adult add playing havoc with how i read the story). I love as always expressions and your story is great (I do enjoy her thoughts on this story.) I think you also make a great case about how the threat of a spanking makes her feel, Her bottom is exquisite in all its presentations (tight-fitting jeans, panties and of course bare-bottomed) and of course i do quite look forward to her being otk as well. Thanks again for sharing the stories with us.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Okay, just remember that I am one of your biggest fans and that I will always remember your greatest contribution to the commonweal, namely "One Good Turn." That one's a classic.
hi Dan,

thanks for this comment and let me say that i already knew you were a fan :D . judging from Jim's comment that he was a little lost at the beginning of the toon, you are not the only one who was confused about what the spanking was for. looks like i'm gonna have to work on that in future toons.
daneldorado wrote:As I have often said when posting my own cartoons, GIVE ME COMMENTS!!! Doesn't matter if they are good or bad, I just want to know what you think of my efforts! Rest assured, Phil, I will never ignore your work.
thanks for this. i agree 100% on this. i sure wish i could get more folks to take this attitude. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote:hi phil, i love this next story I actually enjoy women in tight-fitting jeans getting spanked and your solution is great as well.
hi Jim,

i had some comments from other viewers about jeans and that's why i decided to use them rather than a dress this time. i'm glad you like the idea :D .
jimc wrote:I think you also make a great case about how the threat of a spanking makes her feel, Her bottom is exquisite in all its presentations (tight-fitting jeans, panties and of course bare-bottomed) and of course i do quite look forward to her being otk as well.
personally, i like the idea of him taking her jeans and panties down while she is standing in front of him too. that has to add to the embarrassment as well as other sensations. i really liked this last pic showing her bare bottom and her panties on the way down :D i guarantee that she will be getting a good otk spanking before it's all over :D .
jimc wrote: I love as always expressions and your story is great (I do enjoy her thoughts on this story.)
i'm glad you mentioned her thoughts because that's a major part of this story which is actually as much about her feelings and sensations as it is about the physical spanking. it's nice to know you're enjoying that part of it :D
jimc wrote:Thanks again for sharing the stories with us.
Jim

you're welcome. i hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

overbarrel49 wrote:
willjohn wrote:That's the way to solve the jeans problem....
Get 'em down!
hi willjohn,

i'm glad you approve of my solution to the jeans problem :D ...............works for panties too :lol: . thanks, phil
That goes without saying Phil, but I said it so there it is. :?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

The question before the house: is the pacing (preliminary matters leading up to the spanking) in Another Level too fast, too slow, or just right? I'd say it's too soon - to know the answer, that is. Good arguments can be made for a long, slow build-up to a spanking, as well as for "getting down to business" quickly. We'll just have to wait and see how things develop.

I think Phil has done a good job at relaying Christine's feelings as she knows she's about to get spanked.

"As soon as I get your panties down I'm gonna turn you over my lap and apply the needed correction directly to your naughty, bare bottom, young lady!" There are a lot of women who would practically kill to hear those words from their man!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:The question before the house: is the pacing (preliminary matters leading up to the spanking) in Another Level too fast, too slow, or just right? I'd say it's too soon - to know the answer, that is. Good arguments can be made for a long, slow build-up to a spanking, as well as for "getting down to business" quickly. We'll just have to wait and see how things develop.
hi web-ed,

good question. i'll be interested to see what answers you get to that one. as i have mentioned before, i have several viewers who like the build up to the spanking as much as if not better than the actual spanking. personally, i think both are highly indicated in the right circumstances ;) .
web-ed wrote:I think Phil has done a good job at relaying Christine's feelings as she knows she's about to get spanked.
thanks, i appreciate that :D . i have had several comments about that from other quarters and i like to hear that since that was my whole purpose in dragging the beginning of this toon out to begin with. i really think that it's the build up to the spanking that really gets everyone's juices flowing before hand and actually enhances the whole spanking :D .
web-ed wrote:"As soon as I get your panties down I'm gonna turn you over my lap and apply the needed correction directly to your naughty, bare bottom, young lady!" There are a lot of women who would practically kill to hear those words from their man!
i have to agree with this too. i wish i had a nickle for every time i heard a woman at one of the spanking boards complaining because she couldn't get a man to blister her bottom. new pic tomorrow. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like there's no getting out of it now!
looks like there's no getting out of it now!
007.jpg (227.38 KiB) Viewed 4879 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Chris has reached the first "dreaded" moment :D . normally i would say that it's a good idea to watch where you're going but somehow she seems to be hesitant to actually go :lol: . i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

You've done a great job with the build-up so far! The air crackles with anticipation! Will we find out exactly what decision she made with out consulting him? I admit I'm a little curious about, but if it's not revealed, that's still fine. Christine obviously had a long history of doing that and now Kevin has had enough. I don't know yet whether I'm going to like this better than Backside Story, but it sure has that potential!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying the anticipation :D . i do feel that it adds to the overall story. i guess i'll have to give the matter of her transgressions some thought and decide exactly how to reveal it since we seem to have a lot of interest. i'm glad you think this toon has potential and i'll try to develop this potential as best i can ;) . in the mean time i'll be waiting to see how your comparison of this one with "backside story" goes. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

overbarrel49 wrote:
007.jpg
hi everyone,

it looks like Chris has reached the first "dreaded" moment :D . normally i would say that it's a good idea to watch where you're going but somehow she seems to be hesitant to actually go :lol: . i hope you enjoy it. phil
Nice to see Christine has the "map of Tasmania" in her pubic area instead of the shaven and shorn look.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Another Level Panel #7

Post by web-ed »

I liked this one quite a bit. Christine realizes that she's only seconds away from the first spank landing and that there's no escape!

Willjohn mentioned the "map of Tasmania" - I have to ask, is that common Australian slang, or did you come up with that figure of speech on you own? I knew where Tasmania was, but I must admit I never noticed how much its shape does indeed resemble the area in question until I looked at my globe just now.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

"Map of Tasmania" or "map of Tassie" is a common expression in Australia, as you said it is because of the shape of the Island State.

I have known Americans to refer to the same part of the female anatomy as a "Bermuda Triangle."