Another Level

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Another Level

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote: Gotta love the view in this panel, and I'm sure it won't be the last we see of Christine's bottom :lol: !
hi web-ed,

I'm glad you liked the view :D . you are exactly right, we "will" be seeing more of Christine's bottom although most of that white skin will be hidden by a nice red glow :lol: .
web-ed wrote:I agree with both of you completely even though my own personal favorite position for the spankee is bending over, probably due to some weird paddling experiences during my youth in school and elsewhere. The OTK position does have the advantages you cite and is the #1 favorite of spankees everywhere for just those reasons. Also, the artist must be true to himself to produce his best work, and since OTK seems most natural and most exciting to you, that's what you should use (just as Dan and B00m do).
i do indeed like the otk position best and i do find it most exciting. now and again i do compose a pic in another position but not often. i have no doubt that i will continue doing mostly otk pics for the reasons you mentioned :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

it looks like Christine is starting to panic
it looks like Christine is starting to panic
011.jpg (268.01 KiB) Viewed 11122 times
hi everyone,

it seems as if Christine is starting to remember some things about getting a spanking.............like it HURTS :D . she also seems to be having some doubts about how much she's gonna enjoy the rest of this one. Kevin, on the other hand, seems confident about taking this spanking to it's logical conclusion.....................a frantic and pleading wife ;) . i hope you enjoy it. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Yowzah!! Chris' pale, white skin is reddening quickly under the barrage of Kevin's heavy artillery. Here, we can see the visual effects of a good spanking, since her pigment is normally on the pale side. I like that her facial cheeks are reddening just as quickly.

Good positioning, great angle for us to view, and I would say this is another one of your masterpieces. My one -- and ONLY -- problem with it is that your logo, which in your recent panels was tucked discreetly out of the spotlight, is now front and center and impossible to miss. Other than that minor cavil, this is one of Phil's best.

Cheers,
Dan
(still burping turkey)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Yowzah!! Chris' pale, white skin is reddening quickly under the barrage of Kevin's heavy artillery. Here, we can see the visual effects of a good spanking, since her pigment is normally on the pale side. I like that her facial cheeks are reddening just as quickly.
hi Dan,

her pale bottom cheeks are indeed getting red.............i just love it when that happens :D . i have to figure that kevin is enjoying the view of this too especially since it's proof that he's making progress toward his goal. as far as her upper cheeks go, it's probably all that yelling and struggling, not to mention the obvious embarrassment of getting her bare bottom spanked :D .
daneldorado wrote:Good positioning, great angle for us to view, and I would say this is another one of your masterpieces. My one -- and ONLY -- problem with it is that your logo, which in your recent panels was tucked discreetly out of the spotlight, is now front and center and impossible to miss. Other than that minor cavil, this is one of Phil's best.
the logo placement is always a problem in a scene like this one where i am doing multiple pics in the same setting. it seems like i run out of suitable places to put it pretty quickly. it's less obvious in the next pic. i'm glad you enjoyed the view in this one :D i thought it showed the escalating action pretty well. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Another Level, Panel #11

Post by web-ed »

Wow - this is great! Most prominent in this panel is the feeling of frantic motion on Christine's part. But no matter how she moves that gorgeous rear of hers, there's no escape, and justice will be done!

Dan mentioned your signature logo, and as I was examining the proportions of Christine's fanny (for official, high-falutin' art critic reasons, of course) it occurred to me that when Another Level has been concluded, you might want to draft a new logo using Christine as the model - her fanny is better-proportioned than the one in the current logo. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Ooh! This is beautiful! I haven't decided for sure, but I think maybe I like this one even better than Backside Story, which was my previous favorite!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Too intense? That sounds like a Bedouin brat. All her spankings were in tents.

(Sorry 'bout that!)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Wow - this is great! Most prominent in this panel is the feeling of frantic motion on Christine's part. But no matter how she moves that gorgeous rear of hers, there's no escape, and justice will be done!
hi web-ed,

thanks. that's exactly what i was hoping for :D
web-ed wrote:Dan mentioned your signature logo, and as I was examining the proportions of Christine's fanny (for official, high-falutin' art critic reasons, of course) it occurred to me that when Another Level has been concluded, you might want to draft a new logo using Christine as the model - her fanny is better-proportioned than the one in the current logo. :)
interesting comment. i started to change my logo a couple years ago, mostly because the pics i am doing now are better done then they were when i did the current one. i was talking to some friends about it and they thought i should just leave it the way it is. anyone else got a thought about this? i'm glad you enjoyed the pic :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Ooh! This is beautiful! I haven't decided for sure, but I think maybe I like this one even better than Backside Story, which was my previous favorite!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying this one :D . thanks for the nice comments. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Too intense? That sounds like a Bedouin brat. All her spankings were in tents.

(Sorry 'bout that!)
hi Willjohn,

:lol: :lol: i have to tell you that i sense that you're not really sorry.................i know i wouldn't be if i had said that :lol: . thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

overbarrel49 wrote:
willjohn wrote:Too intense? That sounds like a Bedouin brat. All her spankings were in tents.

(Sorry 'bout that!)
hi Willjohn,

:lol: :lol: i have to tell you that i sense that you're not really sorry.................i know i wouldn't be if i had said that :lol: . thanks, phil
It was an old follow up to an old joke.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Oh no indeed
Oh no indeed
012.jpg (277.42 KiB) Viewed 11586 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Christine has discovered that not only is she gonna get a good, sound spanking but also she's expected to "learn something" from having her bare bottom spanked :? . she had better think quickly :lol: . i hope you enjoy it. phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

She should at least learn that being smacked hard several times on the bare behind can be a real pain in the ass.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:She should at least learn that being smacked hard several times on the bare behind can be a real pain in the ass.
:lol: :lol: well said, Willjohn. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Another great entry in a wonderful story! Now she's going to have to face up to the thing she did wrong, and promise to be honest with him from now on? Seems fair.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Another great entry in a wonderful story! Now she's going to have to face up to the thing she did wrong, and promise to be honest with him from now on? Seems fair.
hi Boom,

indeed she is going to have to face up to it, although she's going to have to do that while face down :lol: . i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Nice angle for your new panel, Phil. Here, you show us the spankee from the front, with her legs in the rear of the picture (and almost obscured by her relatively large bottom :D ) I don't believe you've ever shown us one of your drawings in this way... or maybe I'm just getting forgetful. Wouldn't be the first time. Anyway, nice pic.

I'm glad you worked out the problem with Chris' teeth. Here, they are shown as realistically as possible, as she cries openly and pleads for him to stop spanking her. The tears are a nice touch, too. Her eyes are as sad as they can get, and although she cannot possibly worry about it for now, her hair is askew and not neatly casual, as in the first picture.

If I had any problem at all with this panel, it would be that you have rotated the couple a little too far to the left (our left). As a result, we cannot easily see that his large right hand is landing on her oh so deserving fanny. We can make out only the tip of his thumb, and a tiny sliver of his right forefinger... things that a casual observer might miss. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the position of his hand is incongruous with his position in this picture. I'm only observing that, if they were rotated a bit more to the right (our right), we could see his right hand more clearly.

But I salute you, for trying a new position. As I've already said, you might have used this angle before, but I don't remember it.

Anyway, good show.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Another Level Panel #12

Post by web-ed »

Like Dan, I don't remember seeing you use this angle before, Phil, so nice going. I do like to see the spankee's facial reactions to her predicament. Obviously, her husband expects Christine to think through the reason why she's being spanked, to display appropriate contrition for her action, and to promise to do better in the future, and she'd better figure all this out quickly if she wants to sit down again! I can't wait to see how she reacts next.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Nice angle for your new panel, Phil. Here, you show us the spankee from the front, with her legs in the rear of the picture (and almost obscured by her relatively large bottom :D ) I don't believe you've ever shown us one of your drawings in this way... or maybe I'm just getting forgetful. Wouldn't be the first time. Anyway, nice pic.
hi Dan,

i couldn't say for sure if i ever had exactly this angle before or not. i do routinely show front veiws but i usually just look and see what looks good to me as far as showing her face with the curves of her bottom in the background. anyway, i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D .
daneldorado wrote:I'm glad you worked out the problem with Chris' teeth. Here, they are shown as realistically as possible, as she cries openly and pleads for him to stop spanking her. The tears are a nice touch, too. Her eyes are as sad as they can get, and although she cannot possibly worry about it for now, her hair is askew and not neatly casual, as in the first picture.
i've been working on different ways of getting the open mouths to look right and i still feel a little tentative about it but i am trying to do the best i can so it's nice to know i got this one right at least :D . i'm glad you mentioned the tears. i was attempting to show that moment when she starts to break down and tears start to form. i also figured that her hair might be a little messed up what with all the struggling ;) .
daneldorado wrote:If I had any problem at all with this panel, it would be that you have rotated the couple a little too far to the left (our left). As a result, we cannot easily see that his large right hand is landing on her oh so deserving fanny. We can make out only the tip of his thumb, and a tiny sliver of his right forefinger... things that a casual observer might miss. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the position of his hand is incongruous with his position in this picture. I'm only observing that, if they were rotated a bit more to the right (our right), we could see his right hand more clearly.
i too noticed this after i rendered the pic but decided i liked the angle anyway and figured it wasn't too serious a problem. there will no doubt be plenty of hand landing pics in future pics or toons. i'm glad you mentioned this though since i had the same thoughts. it kind of makes me feel like i'm getting better at noticing such things. glad you enjoyed the pic. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Like Dan, I don't remember seeing you use this angle before, Phil, so nice going. I do like to see the spankee's facial reactions to her predicament. Obviously, her husband expects Christine to think through the reason why she's being spanked, to display appropriate contrition for her action, and to promise to do better in the future, and she'd better figure all this out quickly if she wants to sit down again! I can't wait to see how she reacts next.
hi web-ed,

i too like to see the facial expressions in pretty much every pic, even the ones shot from behind but in this particular case i wanted to showcase that expression. Dan may have been right about seeing more of his hand because the idea i was trying to convey was her emotions and expression as that hand landed. in any case, i'm glad you enjoyed this view :D . as far as Christine's next reaction goes, i would think it would be something on the order of panic as she tries to do the quick thinking you mentioned :lol: thanks for the comments. phil