Learning Curve

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Learning Curve

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Sorry to hear about your Aunt, Phil, so bearing that in mind we're lucky you were able to get even one more panel done.
hi web-ed,

i have been pretty busy and also kind of stressed out so working on these pics has become even more important since it takes my mind off other things. in this setting working on them is actually pretty therapeutic.
web-ed wrote:It's nice to see Frances getting the spanks on her bare bottom now. Judging from her kicking, I'd say the sting is getting through to her! The dialogue is designed to reinforce the psychological dynamic taking place, of Eddie taking control and Frances being made to give it up, and it works very well here. I think after it's over, Frances will be glad she had to surrender control, but right now, the process is painful enough she probably wishes it would end. There's still a ways to go, though. :)
the dialog is indeed designed to reinforce the emotional part of the spanking and enhance the effect of the spanking over all. i think you are right again in that Frances is too busy right now to see the end results of the spanking :lol: . however, she may just find out when it's over that there are some advantages to be had be surrendering control.............especially when Ed doesn't give her a choice :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

just when Frances thought she had it all figured out
just when Frances thought she had it all figured out
014.jpg (279.86 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
hi everyone,

Frances seems to be getting a little frantic..................trying to find the right words to get Ed to stop spanking her :D . now she finds out that he needs "reasons" to stop. there's that steep learning curve again :lol: .i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:Frances seems to be getting a little frantic..................trying to find the right words to get Ed to stop spanking her. now she finds out that he needs "reasons" to stop. there's that steep learning curve again. i hope you enjoy it. phil
Yes! I'm enjoying it!

She's asked him nicely and now he wants her to tell him a reason to stop spanking her! Hmmm... perhaps he wants an apology for the behavior that landed her over his knee in the first place? Maybe a promise that, in the future, she'll behave? Of course, I'm hoping that , no matter what she says to make him stop for now, that sometime later he'll find othere reasons that she needs to be punished! :D :D :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Learning Curve #14

Post by web-ed »

Good job on this last episode. I'd say Frances' attitude has been well-adjusted and she's now in a very cooperative frame of mind. Now all she needs to do is explain that she's learned her lesson and will be a good girl in the future. A few more reinforcing whacks after that and she'll be all set!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Yes! I'm enjoying it!

She's asked him nicely and now he wants her to tell him a reason to stop spanking her! Hmmm... perhaps he wants an apology for the behavior that landed her over his knee in the first place? Maybe a promise that, in the future, she'll behave? Of course, I'm hoping that , no matter what she says to make him stop for now, that sometime later he'll find othere reasons that she needs to be punished! :D :D :D :D
hi Boom,

i think it's all in the name of training. Ed just wants to make sure that he gets her properly trained for future spankings before he gets to the end of this one :D ;) . i'm glad you're enjoying the toon :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Good job on this last episode. I'd say Frances' attitude has been well-adjusted and she's now in a very cooperative frame of mind. Now all she needs to do is explain that she's learned her lesson and will be a good girl in the future. A few more reinforcing whacks after that and she'll be all set!
hi web-ed,

i think you've got it all figured out. as i was telling Boom, i think she'll be well trained for future spankings by the time this one's done :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

more bare bottom promises
more bare bottom promises
015.jpg (279.55 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
hi everyone,

It looks like Ed was right............Frances did figure out how to apologize and promise to behave better :lol: . of course, being a good spanker, he's still not gonna stop spanking................just yet.............even though Frances is frantically trying to get him to :D .i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

This is a great new addition to your story. Now that she's told him what he wants to hear, the spanking will soon be finished... but not right away! He has to make sure she really means it, doesn't he?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:This is a great new addition to your story. Now that she's told him what he wants to hear, the spanking will soon be finished... but not right away! He has to make sure she really means it, doesn't he?
hi Boom,

absolutely he has to make sure she really means it :D . besides that, he needs to make sure she is thoroughly trained in the art of taking a spanking so he needs to get this spanking right for sure. of course, there is an "some" chance that he wants to continue a while longer because he's really enjoying this too :lol: . i'm glad you're enjoying the toon :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Learning Curve #15

Post by web-ed »

Yes, it's time for those reinforcing whacks, or as I sometimes refer to it during a paddling, "the signature swat" that ensures the bad girl will really take the lesson to heart! One mainstream spanking advice guide recommended that the man administer five really good spanks to wind up the spanking session. Gotta love Al's amused attitude as he views her blazing buttocks and considers how to wind things up. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Yes, it's time for those reinforcing whacks, or as I sometimes refer to it during a paddling, "the signature swat" that ensures the bad girl will really take the lesson to heart! One mainstream spanking advice guide recommended that the man administer five really good spanks to wind up the spanking session. Gotta love Al's amused attitude as he views her blazing buttocks and considers how to wind things up. :)
hi web-ed,

i think telling telling the spankee that you don't really believe her bare bottom promises and that you're gonna spank a while longer makes her more frantic to find the words to get you to stop. perhaps that's part of the amusement Ed is feeling right now :D . glad you're enjoying it. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Ed's making sure
Ed's making sure
016.jpg (283.56 KiB) Viewed 4325 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Ed is satisfied that Frances has learned all the rules and that her promises to be a good girl are sincere and i'm sure they are.................at least for the moment :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

overbarrel49 wrote:
016.jpg
hi everyone,

it looks like Ed is satisfied that Frances has learned all the rules and that her promises to be a good girl are sincere and i'm sure they are.................at least for the moment :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil

Very, very nice, Phil. But... Wait a minute. Is that IT? Are you saying that your story about the Learning Curve is now over? Your message sounds so conclusive.

Your drawings are flawless, as usual. But I do hope that your comment, "it looks like Ed is satisfied...." is not the actual ending of your story. It seems so abrupt. Yes, Frances has been thoroughly and soundly spanked, and it was great fun to watch that happen. But I'm hoping that at the end, there will be closure. This panel looks like another fun picture of the spanking itself, but I do hope this is not the ending of the story.

When I was doing cartoon strips, I always sought to provide a proper conclusion, not simply another spanking pic. You did a great one yourself, with your story about "One Good Turn." Remember that? After the two girls had been spanked (daughter first, then the mother), they were treated to one last humiliation: Being forced to serve beer to the old goats while wearing only their undies and an apron. Oh, and the Milfy mother gets her sore bottom pinched. Now, THAT's a good ending!

Whatever, though, Phil, I appreciate the great talent you bring to these boards.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I love the most recent panel of your current story!
overbarrel49 wrote:But I do hope that your comment, "it looks like Ed is satisfied...." is not the actual ending of your story. It seems so abrupt. Yes, Frances has been thoroughly and soundly spanked, and it was great fun to watch that happen. But I'm hoping that at the end, there will be closure. This panel looks like another fun picture of the spanking itself, but I do hope this is not the ending of the story.
Knowing how you love telling the story, I'm confidant that this is indeed not the end. I'm sure that you've got one or two more panels to wrap things up... at least for now... until Frances misbehaves again! Heh heh!

Now I'm wondering if, since you're so close to finishing this one, you have another that's at least in the planning stage? I can hardly wait!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I love the most recent panel of your current story!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . fear not, this not the end of the story. there will be 2-3 more pics to wrap things up ;) . as far as the next one goes, i do have something in mind but i am running way behind. normally by the time i get this far in a toon i have the last pics already finished and at least have the characters and the scene for the next one set up. however, do to all the stuff going on right now i have only had time to do one pic a week and i just have one more pic done on this one. i haven't even started the next one yet................sigh. when my computer man gets stuff all together i will be without a computer for a few days while he updates it and then i will have to reinstall poser too. hopefully all this won't take too long so please be patient if i fall behind. i'll get it all taken care of as quickly as possible. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

A good conclusion to the spanking as Frances has indeed learned her lesson! One thing that struck me in reviewing the story is that you made the dividing line between her right leg and stomach a little stronger here than it's been in the last few panels, where we have a similar viewing angle. For some reason I can't explain, this emphasizes the bending at the waist a little more which has a strong appeal for me - I'm a weird guy! :? I wish I could explain it better.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:A good conclusion to the spanking as Frances has indeed learned her lesson! One thing that struck me in reviewing the story is that you made the dividing line between her right leg and stomach a little stronger here than it's been in the last few panels, where we have a similar viewing angle. For some reason I can't explain, this emphasizes the bending at the waist a little more which has a strong appeal for me - I'm a weird guy! :? I wish I could explain it better.
hi web-ed,

i see what you mean. i think it has to do with the position of her leg and the way the dress is lying. i'm glad you liked this one and i appreciate this comment since it gives me more information that i can use in future pics :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

i think Frances has had all she cares for
i think Frances has had all she cares for
017.jpg (304.13 KiB) Viewed 4242 times
hi everyone,

most of you probably know that i have been really busy recently so i was really pleased with myself to have gotten this week's pic done early plus getting mostly done with the next one:D big grin. the problem is that i got busy later in the week and forgot to post the pic i have ready so i guess i'll do that now :lol: . This week Ed's got one last piece of information to add to what Frances has already had to learn ;) . it sure seems like she's learned this bit of advice instantly...........at least that's what she claims :lol: . i will have 2-3 more pics to wrap this story up which i am hoping to post next week. however, i only have part of one of them done right now so i might be late with them. i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, the newest panel in your "Learning Curve" story is a thing of beauty. It just may be the best one you have ever done.

During the main part of her spanking, Frances was wildly kicking those pretty legs of hers. But now that Eddie has paused for a moment and suggested the threat of "a nice, wooden paddle," she has stopped kicking and now holds her legs out straight behind her, as though signaling that NO, she does NOT want to experience the paddle. Her tearful face and her outstretched right arm plead with Eddie to spare her the indignity and pain that comes with a paddling.

You have changed the angle on this panel, too, showing us more of the tatami mat, along with a vase on the end table and that little purple clock we hadn't seen in the last few panels. Also, we can now see more of the surface of their large double bed, indicating perhaps that the time is nigh for these two lovers to end their foreplay and lie together in dreamland. Of course, Frances will have to sleep on her side. :lol:

Phil, you now seem fully confident of your powers at poser art. Not only has your drawing art improved in general, you are also giving us those little details that maybe we wouldn't notice at first glance, but on second look they proclaim your great artistry. For example, you seem very disciplined in your approach of reddening Frances' bottom. At first, there was only a small discoloration. But after her panties came down and the spanking continued relentlessly, her bottom cheeks got redder and redder by tiny degrees, until now that "small discoloration" has morphed into a blazing forest fire.

You say you have "two or three" more pics to post in this story? Can't wait. :D

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I love the newest installment of your current story. As Dan already mentioned, you've done a great job with the gradual reddening of Frances's lovely backside. And I especially like the fact that in this story the man has stuck to using his hand... (even though now, he's threatening to use a wooden paddle, but hopefully that'll wait 'til she commits her next transgression!) I find a man's hand on a beautiful woman's butt to be the most erotic and... can I say this? ... the most romantic kind of spanking. I'll hate to see this one end... :( except for the fact that you have to end it sometime so that you can start on your next story... and I bet you already have something in mind. :D :D :D