Learning Curve

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Learning Curve

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, the newest panel in your "Learning Curve" story is a thing of beauty. It just may be the best one you have ever done.
hi Dan,

thanks for your kinds words. it's nice to have a pic appreciated :D
daneldorado wrote:During the main part of her spanking, Frances was wildly kicking those pretty legs of hers. But now that Eddie has paused for a moment and suggested the threat of "a nice, wooden paddle," she has stopped kicking and now holds her legs out straight behind her, as though signaling that NO, she does NOT want to experience the paddle. Her tearful face and her outstretched right arm plead with Eddie to spare her the indignity and pain that comes with a paddling.
i particularly like this comment because what you have described is exactly what i wanted this pic to convey :D .
daneldorado wrote:You have changed the angle on this panel, too, showing us more of the tatami mat, along with a vase on the end table and that little purple clock we hadn't seen in the last few panels. Also, we can now see more of the surface of their large double bed, indicating perhaps that the time is nigh for these two lovers to end their foreplay and lie together in dreamland. Of course, Frances will have to sleep on her side. :lol:
and you may be right about them and the bed, however, everyone will have to make their own minds about that. i have completed the last 3 pics in this toon and even though i think they end the story nicely they stop just short of showing what their next activities will be :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:Phil, you now seem fully confident of your powers at poser art. Not only has your drawing art improved in general, you are also giving us those little details that maybe we wouldn't notice at first glance, but on second look they proclaim your great artistry. For example, you seem very disciplined in your approach of reddening Frances' bottom. At first, there was only a small discoloration. But after her panties came down and the spanking continued relentlessly, her bottom cheeks got redder and redder by tiny degrees, until now that "small discoloration" has morphed into a blazing forest fire.
this is another comment that i particularly like hearing :D . i think that most artists strive to continually improve and i am no exception so your comments about my improvement are really welcome :D . of course, the specific comments are always helpful in achieving such improvement ;) .
daneldorado wrote: You say you have "two or three" more pics to post in this story? Can't wait. :D
i have those 3 pics done and will try to post them on Friday. hopefully they will provide a fitting end to our story. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I love the newest installment of your current story. As Dan already mentioned, you've done a great job with the gradual reddening of Frances's lovely backside. And I especially like the fact that in this story the man has stuck to using his hand... (even though now, he's threatening to use a wooden paddle, but hopefully that'll wait 'til she commits her next transgression!) I find a man's hand on a beautiful woman's butt to be the most erotic and... can I say this? ... the most romantic kind of spanking. I'll hate to see this one end... :( except for the fact that you have to end it sometime so that you can start on your next story... and I bet you already have something in mind. :D :D :D
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed it :D i have to agree with you that there is something to be said for a good, old fashioned hand spanking and i think Ed touched on some of that as he was training Frances ;) . i do think this was a very romantic spanking which makes the hand spanking all the more appropriate :D . i do have plans for the next toon. the question is, how long will it take me to set up the characters, set up the scene and actually get the beginning pics done. i might have to skip a week before i can get it started. we'll see. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like Frances is really sorry
looks like Frances is really sorry
018.jpg (280.6 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
hi everyone,
when you're nearing the end of a spanking the results of the spanking seem fairly clear. she's lying there, face down, kicking, yelling, promising to be a good girl and to never do this again while her red, hot, stinging, naked bottom is bucking and wiggling feverishly. mission accomplished :D . of course, there's really no way to predict just what effects the spanking might have once it's actually over and that after glow sets in ;) speaking of the spanking being over, i just posted the last 3 pics in this toon. i hope you've enjoyed it. phil
P.S. i am way behind and haven't even started the new toon yet so if i skip a week you'll know why..............sigh.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now for some damage control
now for some damage control
019.jpg (189.93 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

uh-oh, she's thinking it over
uh-oh, she's thinking it over
020.jpg (197.07 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Holy crap, Phil, you are really "smokin'" with these final three (3) spank panels!

I mean it. Although there is no spanking going on in the final three (3) pics, the "afterglow" is so intense, it is almost palpable!

We can watch little Frances, post-spanking, turning the events over and over in her mind. Your panel no. 019 is one of the finest I have ever seen, despite its coming after the spanking rather than during it. This one is all-encompassing, the cherry-red glow of her bottom cheeks seemingly overshadowing everything else we have seen. Now, that's the way to show an "afterglow!"

She muses to herself: "Oh, my! I didn't know I was going to have these kinds of feelings... Hmmmmm!" And I'm pretty sure she isn't talking about the sting in her rear end. No, I have a hunch she is thinking of the fire in her crotch. I'm pretty sure Ed is feeling something like that too. :lol:

By the way, Phil, that panel no. 019 displays the most perfect pair of feminine legs I can remember. As you probably know, I have a strong fetish about female legs, that being my primary obsession, with spankings being secondary. And here, you have delivered a most yummy display of milady's finest assets. Thank you, again and again.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

In the latest episode, like Dan I found the positioning of Frances' legs to be appealing and well done. I also liked the threat of the wooden paddle, which under the present circumstances Frances takes very seriously! But as b00m noted, you have maintained the purity of the OTK hand spanking throughout this story, making it an unbroken chronicle of the steady progression that should take place during a disciplinary scene.

I eagerly await the next episode. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Holy crap, Phil, you are really "smokin'" with these final three (3) spank panels!

I mean it. Although there is no spanking going on in the final three (3) pics, the "afterglow" is so intense, it is almost palpable!

We can watch little Frances, post-spanking, turning the events over and over in her mind. Your panel no. 019 is one of the finest I have ever seen, despite its coming after the spanking rather than during it. This one is all-encompassing, the cherry-red glow of her bottom cheeks seemingly overshadowing everything else we have seen. Now, that's the way to show an "afterglow!"
hi Dan,

thanks for the nice comments. they brought a big grin to my face :D . it did seem to me that after a spanking like this one, especially a first spanking, that she would be mulling things over and wanting to check out the damage to her bottom ;)
daneldorado wrote: She muses to herself: "Oh, my! I didn't know I was going to have these kinds of feelings... Hmmmmm!" And I'm pretty sure she isn't talking about the sting in her rear end. No, I have a hunch she is thinking of the fire in her crotch. I'm pretty sure Ed is feeling something like that too. :lol:
well, if those young people are anything like my girlfriend and i were at that age and i'm pretty sure they are, i would agree with your analysis 100% :lol: .
daneldorado wrote: By the way, Phil, that panel no. 019 displays the most perfect pair of feminine legs I can remember. As you probably know, I have a strong fetish about female legs, that being my primary obsession, with spankings being secondary. And here, you have delivered a most yummy display of milady's finest assets. Thank you, again and again.

Cheers,
Dan
i'm glad you enjoyed the end of the toon............legs and all :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:In the latest episode, like Dan I found the positioning of Frances' legs to be appealing and well done. I also liked the threat of the wooden paddle, which under the present circumstances Frances takes very seriously!
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you commented about how seriously Frances takes the paddle threat since that is exactly what i was trying to convey :D .
web-ed wrote: But as b00m noted, you have maintained the purity of the OTK hand spanking throughout this story, making it an unbroken chronicle of the steady progression that should take place during a disciplinary scene.
i felt strongly that a first spanking between young people who are still learning about each other should be limited to hand spanking only. i can remember spanking my girlfriend at about that age and it didn't even occur to me to spank her with anything other than my hand. of course, i was probably motivated by the desire to feel her bottom with my hand :lol: . i'm glad you like the progression of the spanking too. while this toon is fiction, i have drawn on my own experiences at this age to help me with the progression of both physical and emotional sensations during this kind of spanking and i'm glad it seemed right to youi.
web-ed wrote:I eagerly await the next episode. :)
you mentioned being tired and i have to figure that must be right since i actually posted the last 3 pics in this toon "before" you posted this reply to last week's pics :lol: . i hope you'll find time to go back and check them out. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! Your final three panels are delicious! One of the all-time great post-spanking scenerios! First you show Frances being contrite and Ed reassuring her that he stoll loves her, and now that she's been punished for her naughtiness, her slate is wiped clean. Web-ed and Dan have allready commented on how nice Frances's legs look in the next-to-last panel, so I'll tell you that I love that look on her face as she examines her very red bottom in the bathroom mirror! I also enjoyed her thoughts while she's alone in the bathroom, thinking about what just happened, anticipating what's probably about to happen. And then in the last panel, I love the way that she's thinking about how she's boing to be a good girl for her man, how she's going to please him and take his mind off of how naughty she had been before... but she can't help but wonder what a paddling from him might feel like! Oooh! It makes me tingle! Until now, Backside Story had been my favorite of yours, but now I think I like Learning Curve even better!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:Oooh! It makes me tingle! Until now, Backside Story had been my favorite of yours, but now I think I like Learning Curve even better!
Phil, you are now receiving kudos from every quarter, with Web-ed, hugob00m, and y.o.s. chiming in with our praises. Web-ed even included this accolade: "I eagerly await the next episode."

He also said that until now, your backstage tale cleverly named Backside Story was his favorite among your works. I agree that the actress/director tale of a burning tail is one of your better outings... but in my humble opinion, I still rate One Good Turn the cream of the crop.

One Good Turn told your story about two (2) females who try to pull a fast one on the granddad's buddies by flaunting their bods in front of the old fogies, and had the unfortunate (for them -- not for us) result of being humiliated in front of all the guys, who got a good look at the two ladies as they were being spanked over granddad's knee. Their degradation doesn't end with their spankings, either. At the end, they are forced to serve schooners of beer to each of the old goats who had watched their painful humiliations take place... and one of the ladies even has her sore fanny pinched as she goes about her serving chores. That one was brutal in its execution, but oh so satisfying to us, the viewers. It still remains your number one masterwork to me.

Dare we hope for another masterwork from Phil that shows us a double spanking? I realize that in One Good Turn the spankings were delivered separately, yet the humiliation factor was approximately the same. But I have always felt that the best spank story has two female miscreants being spanked at the same time. We have seen that from b00m, but not yet from overbarrel49. Maybe with Christmas fast approaching... :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Wow! Your final three panels are delicious! One of the all-time great post-spanking scenerios! First you show Frances being contrite and Ed reassuring her that he stoll loves her, and now that she's been punished for her naughtiness, her slate is wiped clean.
hi Boom,

thanks for the kind words. i'm really glad you enjoyed those last 3 panels :D . i felt that the reassurance and the comments about the slate being wiped clean were part of the learning that Frances had to do during her first spanking. now she knows that being punished is a good thing for her even though she may not like it at the time ;) .
hugob00m wrote: Web-ed and Dan have allready commented on how nice Frances's legs look in the next-to-last panel, so I'll tell you that I love that look on her face as she examines her very red bottom in the bathroom mirror! I also enjoyed her thoughts while she's alone in the bathroom, thinking about what just happened, anticipating what's probably about to happen.
her bottom is obviously the center of attention in this panel but i too thought her expression was a good one and i was pleased that you noticed and mentioned it :D . i just had a hunch that, in this first spanking, she might be really surprised at just how red her bottom was afterward :lol: . as far as her thoughts go, it just seemed to me that she would have a veritable flood of different thoughts and emotions going on about this time and i see you agree ;) .
hugob00m wrote: And then in the last panel, I love the way that she's thinking about how she's boing to be a good girl for her man, how she's going to please him and take his mind off of how naughty she had been before... but she can't help but wonder what a paddling from him might feel like! Oooh! It makes me tingle! Until now, Backside Story had been my favorite of yours, but now I think I like Learning Curve even better!
i have it on good authority from some young ladies who still get spankings that these are just the kind of things they would be thinking. i can't speak to that personally but i know in my mind, i find these kinds of submissive thoughts to be very attractive in a young lady and very arousing so i was pleased that you agree with me on this point :D . we all have different scenarios we like the best and i'm really happy to know that this will be among your favorites :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:He also said that until now, your backstage tale cleverly named Backside Story was his favorite among your works. I agree that the actress/director tale of a burning tail is one of your better outings... but in my humble opinion, I still rate One Good Turn the cream of the crop.
hi Dan,

when i was reading Boom's reply, there was no doubt in my mind that you would disagree as you have stated your preference for "one good turn" on several occasions :lol:
daneldorado wrote:One Good Turn told your story about two (2) females who try to pull a fast one on the granddad's buddies by flaunting their bods in front of the old fogies, and had the unfortunate (for them -- not for us) result of being humiliated in front of all the guys, who got a good look at the two ladies as they were being spanked over granddad's knee. Their degradation doesn't end with their spankings, either. At the end, they are forced to serve schooners of beer to each of the old goats who had watched their painful humiliations take place... and one of the ladies even has her sore fanny pinched as she goes about her serving chores. That one was brutal in its execution, but oh so satisfying to us, the viewers. It still remains your number one masterwork to me.

Dare we hope for another masterwork from Phil that shows us a double spanking? I realize that in One Good Turn the spankings were delivered separately, yet the humiliation factor was approximately the same. But I have always felt that the best spank story has two female miscreants being spanked at the same time. We have seen that from b00m, but not yet from overbarrel49. Maybe with Christmas fast approaching... :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
let me just say that the toon i'm working on now and will start posting as soon as i can does involve 2 females................sisters in fact :D . my wife has a sister and we introduced her to a man i worked with who later became he husband. it is my opinion that there were some times when we visited them that both the girls could have used a good spanking and such a scenario has long been a favorite fantasy of mine ;) . so, based on that fantasy, i have started this new toon and we will see just how things turn out :lol: . right now i am finishing the first pic but i'll probably need 3 more to set things up before i can start posting . hopefully i'll get the time i need to work on those soon. wish me luck. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Learning Curve - Final Three Panels

Post by web-ed »

Wow Phil, what a conclusion to this great story! We see here the powerful emotions that come into play for a woman after she's been mastered with a thorough spanking, not to mention a bottom so bright and red I almost thought I was looking at a picture of a sunset :) !
I think my favorite is the last panel, where we see that brats will be brats - she's already thinking about misbehaving again and wondering what a paddling would be like as she rubs her still-sore bottom. Also, she's in the mood for love, to paraphrase the old song.

Panel 19 was very well done also, with the visual and verbal elements perfectly blended, as R. C. Harvey (old-time cartoonist and critic) would say. Frances wants to look at her bottom - I think all spanked women are curious about what they look like back there after a spanking - and at the same time she's being flooded with submissive feelings. Her posture here serves to underscore these ideas, and was probably the most difficult thing for you to pull off - but you did!

So congratulation on a successful conclusion to "The Learning Curve" which has only added to the lustre of this gallery. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Wow Phil, what a conclusion to this great story! We see here the powerful emotions that come into play for a woman after she's been mastered with a thorough spanking, not to mention a bottom so bright and red I almost thought I was looking at a picture of a sunset :) !
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the conclusion and i really appreciate your comments here especially since you mention her post spanking emotions which is exactly what i wanted the viewers to take from these pics :D . of course, the red, shiny bottom goes without saying :lol: .
web-ed wrote:I think my favorite is the last panel, where we see that brats will be brats - she's already thinking about misbehaving again and wondering what a paddling would be like as she rubs her still-sore bottom. Also, she's in the mood for love, to paraphrase the old song.
i just couldn't resist this panel. it just seemed to me from women i have known that this was entirely plausible and i have it on good authority from some female viewers that it's right on the money :D . one female viewer even went so far as to say that this toon was a "girls spanking toon" :lol: .
web-ed wrote: Panel 19 was very well done also, with the visual and verbal elements perfectly blended, as R. C. Harvey (old-time cartoonist and critic) would say. Frances wants to look at her bottom - I think all spanked women are curious about what they look like back there after a spanking - and at the same time she's being flooded with submissive feelings. Her posture here serves to underscore these ideas, and was probably the most difficult thing for you to pull off - but you did!
i do always try to get the action or body language to match what i have in the dialog so it's nice that you think i did a good job in this pic :D . i think you're right about spanked women wanting to check out their bottoms..........probably as soon as they get a little privacy. i also think that looking at that red bottom that is still smarting just serves to intensify those submissive feelings ;) . in some cases i get a general idea of what i want the pic to say and then figure out the words after i get the render done. in this case, however, i made sure that i had all the dialog already drawn up before i posed the pic. as a matter of fact, i had the dialog for all 3 pics done before i started any of the actual pics and i think it worked well.
web-ed wrote:So congratulation on a successful conclusion to "The Learning Curve" which has only added to the lustre of this gallery. :)
thanks for the kind words. i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D .

i thought i would let everyone know that my aunt who had fallen passed away. it's funny but we were working so hard to get her all recovered and back home and we didn't find out until almost the end that we never had a chance. from what the doctor told us, her immune system was in the process of shutting down which is why her body couldn't fight off the infections that ultimately caused her death. phil
Last edited by web-ed on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: change quoted text to match change I made in the original
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm sure I speak for everyone here, Phil, when I offer our condolences on the passing of your aunt.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

I really enjoyed this story for how you used the word spanking. I always get the mental image of a girl being otk when I read or hear those words. I enjoyed how the story began and then it was decided that she needed a spanking. In many ways while you did say their ages I did get the feeling it was not a spanking by recent high school graduates as much as a continuing story from the other story because in many ways I am a visual person mostly and tend to look for the images first and read the story later and get my feeling from that. So my 1st impression was that they had recently finished college and this was as newlyweds. I do think though she had to have some experience with spanking as to suggest it although her later comments seemed to suggest it was her first. I enjoy her positioning and her thought on getting spanked. Thanks for the great story.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote:I really enjoyed this story for how you used the word spanking. I always get the mental image of a girl being otk when I read or hear those words. I enjoyed how the story began and then it was decided that she needed a spanking. In many ways while you did say their ages I did get the feeling it was not a spanking by recent high school graduates as much as a continuing story from the other story because in many ways I am a visual person mostly and tend to look for the images first and read the story later and get my feeling from that. So my 1st impression was that they had recently finished college and this was as newlyweds. I do think though she had to have some experience with spanking as to suggest it although her later comments seemed to suggest it was her first. I enjoy her positioning and her thought on getting spanked. Thanks for the great story.
Jim
hi Jim,

i thought your alternate take on this toon was interesting and i think it could just as easily have been a newly wed couple ;) . i've always found it interesting that each different viewer has a little different take on these toons. that's one reason i do the plain version of the pics.......because i had viewers request them. even though they read the story and liked it, when they just looked at the pics and didn't think about the words, they found themselves fantasizing about a different scenario 8-) . anyway, i do the plain pics so those folks can create their own stories. i have one friend who actually puts his own words on them for his personal use. i'm glad you enjoyed this one :D . thanks, phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

It is hard to believe that you wrote this story 3 years ago. I still think it is as fresh as the current story. Sometimes spankings are timeless memories. I have started to go back and bring some of your older work to the forefront as maybe people will rediscover them. In a way it is like seeing them for the 1st time as I was reading an old book the other day and then suddenly realized that I had read it and commented on it several years ago and did not even recognize it until almost at the end and I suddenly knew where the story was going. In many ways going back I now find I sometimes have more time to just reread them and just sit and enjoy them. I do have to admit I think I did read it several years ago, but had forgotten how great it was. So I hope you do not mind going back and seeing some from several years ago brought to be shared in the future. Thanks again and have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote:It is hard to believe that you wrote this story 3 years ago. I still think it is as fresh as the current story. Sometimes spankings are timeless memories.
hi Jim,

i think you are right. clothing, hairstyles and such may change but the idea of spankings does seem like a timeless one to me :D . just look at the story Dan is colorizing and posting now. it was done many years ago but still seems just as valid today as it did then. the naughty girl is going to get her bottom blistered.........just as it should be :lol: .
jimc wrote:I have started to go back and bring some of your older work to the forefront as maybe people will rediscover them. In a way it is like seeing them for the 1st time as I was reading an old book the other day and then suddenly realized that I had read it and commented on it several years ago and did not even recognize it until almost at the end and I suddenly knew where the story was going. In many ways going back I now find I sometimes have more time to just reread them and just sit and enjoy them. I do have to admit I think I did read it several years ago, but had forgotten how great it was. So I hope you do not mind going back and seeing some from several years ago brought to be shared in the future. Thanks again and have a great day.
Jim
i don't mind a bit and i hope anyone that sees these for the first time, enjoys them :D . thanks, phil