Learning Curve

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Learning Curve

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, your latest panels for the "Learning Curve" story are very educational. ;) And may I say, you seem to be making my case for HAND spankings even stronger than I ever made it.

Note: When Eddie gets his lady over his lap, he says: "It's more intimate this way because we can feel each other's reactions as I'm spanking you!"

Then, as he begins to raise the girl's skirt, he adds: "The spanking will sting more with your dress up and I'll get a better feel for your reactions as I'm spanking your bottom."

All this kind of talk is truly delicious, Phil. As I said, you are making my case for hand spanking as opposed to any other kind. With your HAND on milady's precious buttcheeks, you can FEEL her reactions, feel her flesh. A spanking delivered by the hand is so much more intimate than one delivered by a paddle or a tawse.
hi Dan,

i'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the dialog in this one since i have spent a lot of time working on that dialog this time :D . in a couple of cases i spent almost as much time on the dialog as i did the pic. i agree with you too that it is indeed educational, especially for our naughty Frances ;) . i figured that a nice, intimate hand spanking was particularly appropriate in this situation since we have a young couple this time who are just getting into spanking and still learning about each other.
daneldorado wrote:Your dialogue, in these new panels, is superb. You are not merely depicting a spanking, you are richly describing the wonderful feeling that goes with it... at least for the spanker. Let's not forget, some girls actively crave spankings. But that's another subject, for another time.

Let the learning curve continue!

Cheers,
Dan
i thought your comment about some girls actively craving spanking was quite true and in some cases it may be the case even though the girl doesn't realize it yet ;) . as for our spanker, i'm sure he's enjoying it not only from the standpoint of getting to spank his girl's naughty bottom but also from the standpoint of getting their relationship started out on the right foot by letting her know that he is in charge and will give her a spanking if he finds it necessary :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'll agree with Dan that you're making a very strong case for OTK hand spanking, Phil. As to these latest installments, I would say the high point is Frances' expression in #7. She has made an important discovery, one that will serve her in good stead the rest of her life: spanking hurts! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I'll agree with Dan that you're making a very strong case for OTK hand spanking, Phil. As to these latest installments, I would say the high point is Frances' expression in #7. She has made an important discovery, one that will serve her in good stead the rest of her life: spanking hurts! :lol:
hi web-ed,

that case for hand spanking is part of Frances general education on spanking and hopefully before this story is done, it will also make the case for spanking as a necessary part of a relationship between a man and a woman :D i always find it interesting what parts of a pic or a toon that folks make a connection. you mentioned her expression in pic #7. i have a lady friend who looked at the 2 pics i posted and she figured the high point was her expression in pic #6 :lol:. Frances has indeed made the discovery that spanking hurts and she still has lots more discoveries to go before this spanking is over ;) thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

it seems there are no time outs in spanking
it seems there are no time outs in spanking
008.jpg (270.15 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
hi everyone,

it seems Frances is still learning new rules about spanking :D . she also seems a bit dismayed to find that some of the ones she already knew are a lot more intense than she had envisioned them ;) . of course, my friend, Springrose keeps insisting that Ed is just making all of them up as he goes but that just seems like a typical spankee attitude to me :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pics. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

oops! there goes a shoe
oops! there goes a shoe
009.jpg (259.22 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

These are some nice new additions to your story! Ed is really "laying down the law" in his relationship with Frances, and right now, she doesn't seem to be enjoying it one little bit! But I'm sure she'll come around to his point of view before it's all over. I love the characters you come up with in your stories!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Learning Curve Panels 8 & 9

Post by web-ed »

I don't see how anyone could not be pleased with the way things are progressing :)! In these last two panels, the spanking element that is being emphasized is the loss of control - Eddie is deliberately emphasizing that Frances has nothing to say about the spanking taking place, or how long it is, or how hard it is. Many women want to experience this loss of control, although in practice sometimes there are difficulties in achieving it. Sometimes the spanker becomes so worried about the spankee she can sense it, and even though it speaks well of the spanker, I think the spankee would rather be a little afraid (not too much). Then sometimes the problem is that the spankee is too fearful to really submit herself to the spanking, which is where we see one of the less-remarked-upon benefits of the OTK position - it's fairly easy to control the spankee in this position and "make" her take the spanking she really wants, deep down (of course, it also works if she's a super-villainess and doesn't want to take her just punishment :) ).

I can recall giving a bent-over paddling once where after a few swats and the paddling just becoming effective, the spankee began to balk - she needed it hard but had trouble holding her position. I ended up taking her OTK, from which there was no escape no matter how she wriggled! An alternative with this sort of spankee is to fasten her securely over a spanking horse, then apply the paddle or cane as much as needed! I keep meaning to design such a horse for CSR's readers, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:These are some nice new additions to your story! Ed is really "laying down the law" in his relationship with Frances, and right now, she doesn't seem to be enjoying it one little bit! But I'm sure she'll come around to his point of view before it's all over. I love the characters you come up with in your stories!
hi Boom,

i have a hunch that your theory that she will indeed come around to his point of view before it's all over is right on the money ;) . thanks for the comment about the characters i create :D . i have often heard it said that spanking needs to be "tailored" to each individual and each couple and i figure that's because everyone is different and has different "tastes". that's one reason i try to create characters with different personalities and different attitudes towards the situations and the spankings. it's nice to know that folks are noticing that :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I don't see how anyone could not be pleased with the way things are progressing :)! In these last two panels, the spanking element that is being emphasized is the loss of control - Eddie is deliberately emphasizing that Frances has nothing to say about the spanking taking place, or how long it is, or how hard it is. Many women want to experience this loss of control, although in practice sometimes there are difficulties in achieving it. Sometimes the spanker becomes so worried about the spankee she can sense it, and even though it speaks well of the spanker, I think the spankee would rather be a little afraid (not too much). Then sometimes the problem is that the spankee is too fearful to really submit herself to the spanking, which is where we see one of the less-remarked-upon benefits of the OTK position - it's fairly easy to control the spankee in this position and "make" her take the spanking she really wants, deep down (of course, it also works if she's a super-villainess and doesn't want to take her just punishment :) ).
hi web-ed,

interesting comments. you're right about Ed deliberately emphasizing her loss of control..............the power exchange if you will. that is an intensely emotional part of a spanking that Ed wants her to experience. it is, as you mentioned, something that many women want to experience..............or in this case, something that Frances may want to experience again once she has experienced it during this spanking ;) . i have to agree with you about the benefits of otk spanking too. it is easier to control a panicky spankee from this position.............especially if you can feel her reactions and anticipate her movements :D .
web-ed wrote:I can recall giving a bent-over paddling once where after a few swats and the paddling just becoming effective, the spankee began to balk - she needed it hard but had trouble holding her position. I ended up taking her OTK, from which there was no escape no matter how she wriggled! An alternative with this sort of spankee is to fasten her securely over a spanking horse, then apply the paddle or cane as much as needed! I keep meaning to design such a horse for CSR's readers, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

interesting story. while a horse if fine,i personally prefer the otk position :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

reaching for some relief isn't allowed either
reaching for some relief isn't allowed either
010.jpg (262.11 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
hi everyone,

i seem to be all out of whack again as i'm posting on Thursday evening instead of Friday and i only have one pic ready to go again this time. fortunately, our boy Ed seems to have plenty of whack left :D . Frances seems to be a bit surprised and disturbed by some information that Ed is giving her along with the spanking :lol: . i hope you enjoy it. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Well, Frances has now learned that she doesn't get to decide when she's had enough! I can't wait until her next lesson - that sooner or later, non-public spankings wind up being on the bare :D ! I hope she appreciates the value of a good education!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:
010.jpg
Frances seems to be a bit surprised and disturbed by some information that Ed is giving her along with the spanking. i hope you enjoy it.
Ah, yes! This story has been quite enjoyable! ...And it's just the warm-up? Uh oh! Something tells me things aer just about to become really em-BARE-ASS-ing for Frances! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I think that, by the time Ed's through, Frances will have learned quite a bit... and I'm guessing that the "learning curve" of your title has something to do with the cute little curve of Frances's backside! :D :D :D :D :D

Also... like Dan, I appreciate the fact that, up to now, Ed has been using his hand. It allows him to spank..."WITH FEELING!" Heh heh!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well, Frances has now learned that she doesn't get to decide when she's had enough! I can't wait until her next lesson - that sooner or later, non-public spankings wind up being on the bare :D ! I hope she appreciates the value of a good education!
hi web-ed,

Frances will be learning that next lesson soon ;) . she may not be appreciating that education right now but that could change. we will be finding out as the toon progresses :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Ah, yes! This story has been quite enjoyable! ...And it's just the warm-up? Uh oh! Something tells me things aer just about to become really em-BARE-ASS-ing for Frances! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I think that, by the time Ed's through, Frances will have learned quite a bit... and I'm guessing that the "learning curve" of your title has something to do with the cute little curve of Frances's backside! :D :D :D :D :D

Also... like Dan, I appreciate the fact that, up to now, Ed has been using his hand. It allows him to spank..."WITH FEELING!" Heh heh!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :D . from your comments and those of web-ed it would appear that everyone knows those panties will soon be coming down..............except Frances perhaps :lol: . you're the second person to notice the double meaning of the title for this toon........Frances will be figuring that out later on too ;) . not only is Ed spanking with "feeling" but also with a certain amount of enthusiasm and enjoyment which i think will continue :D thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

i don't think Frances wants to bevel what's about to happen
i don't think Frances wants to bevel what's about to happen
011.jpg (277 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
hi everyone,

if Frances reaction is any indication it would seem that some of the toughest lessons a spanking has to teach may actually occur when no spanks are landing ;). Looks like that learning curve can be pretty steep at times...............and pretty distressing :D . i hope you enjoy the new pics. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

NOW she believes it
NOW she believes it
012.jpg (257.66 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

About time those panties came down.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

And now we have two more panels of your delicious story! As always, your dialogue is a big part of what makes it so enjoyable. One of my favorite parts is when Frances complains that she feels so exposed... and he's looking at her! :oops: I haven't ever heard a reaction like that in real life, but it seems to be a popular one in romance novels. And another thing: so far, she's only gotten a "warm-up", but looking at the color of her backside, she's already red hot! I think it might be a while before she misbehaves again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:About time those panties came down.
hi Willjohn,

apparently Ed agrees with you :lol: . bare bottom spanking to follow :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:And now we have two more panels of your delicious story! As always, your dialogue is a big part of what makes it so enjoyable. One of my favorite parts is when Frances complains that she feels so exposed... and he's looking at her! :oops: I haven't ever heard a reaction like that in real life, but it seems to be a popular one in romance novels. And another thing: so far, she's only gotten a "warm-up", but looking at the color of her backside, she's already red hot! I think it might be a while before she misbehaves again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hi Boom,

i don't know that i've ever heard a spankee comment that she's being looked at either but from the spankees i correspond with i have a hunch that it "is" something they are aware of and think about. that might be especially true in this case since Ed hasn't spanked her before. in any case, i find it nice to think about ;) . it does indeed seem like she's going to get a thorough spanking this time now that her panties are down. we'll see how she reacts to all this :D . i'm glad you're enjoying this story :D . thanks, phil