Learning Curve

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Learning Curve

Post by overbarrel49 »

Frances seems to feel the need to confess some things to Ed. I'll bet she just hates doing that.
Frances seems to feel the need to confess some things to Ed. I'll bet she just hates doing that.
001.jpg (340.72 KiB) Viewed 9578 times
hi everyone,

being in a relationship can be a really tough task requiring a lot of work and learning...............learning about each others wants and needs, learning how to discuss your feelings with your partner, learning to compromise, learning to solve problems etc. then when you add spanking to the mix the "Learning Curve" gets really steep :o ! it seems to me that all this is even more difficult when you're young. you have less experience, you're a lot more tentative and uncertain as to how to proceed and of course, you have to fight your way through that hormone induced haze that your brain is in :lol: .

with this in mind, i have started a new toon featuring some young people. Ed is 19. he graduated from high school a year ago, took a job driving a fork lift at a factory in a nearby town, moved out of his folks home and got an apartment closer to work. Frances just turned 18 and graduated only 3 weeks ago. Ed's been working lots of over time so it's been difficult for them to have much time together and most of their communication has been by phone. now that Frances has graduated they are hoping that will change. as luck would have it, Ed finally got a weekend off and Frances is going to spend it with him :D .

ok, hopefully that will set the stage for you. the new toon is called "Learning curve" and i have posted the first 4 pics to get us started. i hope you enjoy them. phil
overbarrel49

Re: Learning Curve

Post by overbarrel49 »

Frances seems to have ended this awkward silence by blurting out something she may regret.
Frances seems to have ended this awkward silence by blurting out something she may regret.
002.jpg (305.05 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Ed is confident but Frances seems to think things are moving just a bit too quickly
Ed is confident but Frances seems to think things are moving just a bit too quickly
003.jpg (294.86 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Ed's wasting no time getting teaching Frances what she needs to know
Ed's wasting no time getting teaching Frances what she needs to know
004.jpg (313.25 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Well! It looks like you're off to a good start with your newest story. A young couple exploring the parameters of their new relationship... wondering whether spanking is going to be a part of that relationship. Wondering whether Ed should be a traditional "man of the house" , or if they'll follow the more recent, politically correct standards with Ed as a doormat to the jackboots of feminism. So far, it looks as if Ed is going to make the right choice, (according to those of us in this group) and take the dominant position. Of course, it helps that Frances herself acknowledges that she deserves to be spanked!

Great job so far!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

This is a new kind of spanking story from you, Phil. The young lady here, Frances, is less bratty and more guilty than your previous spankees, which alters the psychology somewhat. Also, as you say, with a young couple there is a "learning curve" because they aren't sure how to proceed. "In the Family" featured a young couple also, but the dynamic was different there because Al is very determined to spank the bratty Barbara. In this case, Ed hesitates to spank Frances because he's not sure how she'll react. It's very fortunate she brought up the subject of spanking, because that's what convinces him to go ahead. Of course, it also shows us that she understands she deserves a spanking, something that Barbara, for instance, wasn't about to admit - at least, not until her attitude had been firmly adjusted :D

It makes you wonder how many young couples who should be into spanking hesitate at a critical time - the girl too afraid to admit she wants and/or needs a spanking, the boy hesitant to take an action that might turn the girl off or make him feel like a bully. This is a little different, but in my own youth, I knew a very strong-willed girl who really needed to be taken in hand - she was running wild and used to getting her own way in everything, and I even called her an Amazon to her face! - and for reasons I won't go into here I was pretty sure that deep down she wanted to be turned over a man's knee. I actually started to spank her once, and she resisted with such force I backed off, not wanting to hurt her. What I didn't know then is that among spanko women, there are a very small number who feel the need to offer physical resistance even though they really want to be spanked, one of the more difficult situations the young Top can find himself in.

In the years since, I've often thought I should have been more direct with her - confronted her openly about what I felt were her spanking desires and admitted my own longing to tan her fanny, which of course she might have surmised - but that's difficult when you're young.

However, it looks like Al and Frances are going to get their relationship on a sound footing from the beginning. I eagerly await chapter 2. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Well! It looks like you're off to a good start with your newest story. A young couple exploring the parameters of their new relationship... wondering whether spanking is going to be a part of that relationship. Wondering whether Ed should be a traditional "man of the house" , or if they'll follow the more recent, politically correct standards with Ed as a doormat to the jackboots of feminism. So far, it looks as if Ed is going to make the right choice, (according to those of us in this group) and take the dominant position. Of course, it helps that Frances herself acknowledges that she deserves to be spanked!

Great job so far!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you think the story is off to a good start :D . it does indeed look like Ed is making the right choices so far................all he needed was a little encouragement to get him started. you're right that it helps that Frances understands that she deserves a spanking although i think she may be regretting that she blurted that out instead of thinking it over more...................at least at this point. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:This is a new kind of spanking story from you, Phil. The young lady here, Frances, is less bratty and more guilty than your previous spankees, which alters the psychology somewhat. Also, as you say, with a young couple there is a "learning curve" because they aren't sure how to proceed. "In the Family" featured a young couple also, but the dynamic was different there because Al is very determined to spank the bratty Barbara. In this case, Ed hesitates to spank Frances because he's not sure how she'll react. It's very fortunate she brought up the subject of spanking, because that's what convinces him to go ahead. Of course, it also shows us that she understands she deserves a spanking, something that Barbara, for instance, wasn't about to admit - at least, not until her attitude had been firmly adjusted :D
hi web-ed,

good analysis of the current situation and a good comparison of to "In the Family" :D . i vaguely remember that uncertainty that goes with youth and at least one young lady that asked me if i was going to spank her which is what prompted me to do this toon. it's interesting too that both you and Boom commented about Frances being the one to first speak of spanking :D .
web-ed wrote:It makes you wonder how many young couples who should be into spanking hesitate at a critical time - the girl too afraid to admit she wants and/or needs a spanking, the boy hesitant to take an action that might turn the girl off or make him feel like a bully. This is a little different, but in my own youth, I knew a very strong-willed girl who really needed to be taken in hand - she was running wild and used to getting her own way in everything, and I even called her an Amazon to her face! - and for reasons I won't go into here I was pretty sure that deep down she wanted to be turned over a man's knee. I actually started to spank her once, and she resisted with such force I backed off, not wanting to hurt her. What I didn't know then is that among spanko women, there are a very small number who feel the need to offer physical resistance even though they really want to be spanked, one of the more difficult situations the young Top can find himself in.
it does indeed make you wonder. even back in my day when spanking was more acceptable i wondered about it but so much has changed since then i really wouldn't have a clue now. that was an interesting story you told...............especially since i also remember starting to spank a young lady and having to back off once upon a time :D .
web-ed wrote:This is a new kind of spanking story from you, Phil. The young lady here, Frances, is less bratty and more guilty than your previous spankees, which alters the psychology somewhat. Also, as you say, with a young couple there is a "learning curve" because they aren't sure how to proceed. "In the Family" featured a young couple also, but the dynamic was different there because Al is very determined to spank the bratty Barbara. In this case, Ed hesitates to spank Frances because he's not sure how she'll react. It's very fortunate she brought up the subject of spanking, because that's what convinces him to go ahead. Of course, it also shows us that she understands she deserves a spanking, something that Barbara, for instance, wasn't about to admit - at least, not until her attitude had been firmly adjusted :D

It makes you wonder how many young couples who should be into spanking hesitate at a critical time - the girl too afraid to admit she wants and/or needs a spanking, the boy hesitant to take an action that might turn the girl off or make him feel like a bully. This is a little different, but in my own youth, I knew a very strong-willed girl who really needed to be taken in hand - she was running wild and used to getting her own way in everything, and I even called her an Amazon to her face! - and for reasons I won't go into here I was pretty sure that deep down she wanted to be turned over a man's knee. I actually started to spank her once, and she resisted with such force I backed off, not wanting to hurt her. What I didn't know then is that among spanko women, there are a very small number who feel the need to offer physical resistance even though they really want to be spanked, one of the more difficult situations the young Top can find himself in.

In the years since, I've often thought I should have been more direct with her - confronted her openly about what I felt were her spanking desires and admitted my own longing to tan her fanny, which of course she might have surmised - but that's difficult when you're young.

However, it looks like Al and Frances are going to get their relationship on a sound footing from the beginning. I eagerly await chapter 2. :)
with a little luck i should have 2 more pics done to post on Friday. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Frances seems to be feeling a bit uneasy
Frances seems to be feeling a bit uneasy
005.jpg (298.08 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Frances is still learning................much to her surprise :o . good thing Ed is a good teacher :D .

i only have one pic to post this time. my elderly aunt fell and suffered a pelvic fracture so i have been dealing with that and did not have time to complete a second pic for this week. i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Sorry to hear about your aunt's injury. I hope she'll be alright.

Meanwhile, I like the one picture that you were able to post. It's such a loving depiction of a special moment in the development of a new relationship! You're really good at that kind of storytelling!
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Delightful, the way you charm her into being spanked - an art indeed.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Sorry to hear about your aunt's injury. I hope she'll be alright.
hi Boom,

her surgery went fine but some other problems have developed so things have not gone as i expected. they are doing more tests so i am just waiting to see what happens. thanks for your good wishes.
hugob00m wrote:Meanwhile, I like the one picture that you were able to post. It's such a loving depiction of a special moment in the development of a new relationship! You're really good at that kind of storytelling!
thanks for the nice compliment on my storytelling :D . i'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the story so far. i managed to get a pic finished earlier today so we will have at least that one on Friday. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

solsunbeach wrote:Delightful, the way you charm her into being spanked - an art indeed.
hi solsunbeach,

I'm glad you enjoyed it :D . now we'll see just how artistic he is at spanking her bottom :lol: . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Learning Curve #5

Post by web-ed »

Hope your aunt is getting better, Phil - expect a long, slow recovery at her age.

#5 takes us forward to the next stage in Frances' spanking - her positioning OTK - and she's becoming deliciously worried! So far, so good. By the way, I want an "Overbarrel signature clock" like the one they've got! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Hope your aunt is getting better, Phil - expect a long, slow recovery at her age.
hi web-ed,

she seemed to be doing better today and was out of bed and sitting in a chair which is the first stage of the rehab process. thanks for asking.
web-ed wrote:#5 takes us forward to the next stage in Frances' spanking - her positioning OTK - and she's becoming deliciously worried! So far, so good. By the way, I want an "Overbarrel signature clock" like the one they've got! :)
she does indeed seem to be more worried now ......... all part of learning about getting a spanking :D . Dave Wolfe keeps wanting me to sell a whole line of overbarrel products :lol: thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

such a flood of emotions
such a flood of emotions
006.jpg (267.94 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
hi everyone,

it seems Frances is finding her new experience somewhat overwhelming and is having second thoughts about it. perhaps it has to do with all those new rules she has to learn :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pics. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

that was a surprise
that was a surprise
007.jpg (278.66 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Last week, you left us with the image of Frances, positioned across Eddie's lap, with the hem of her short dress still covering her shapely bottom. Even though it had raised some in the process of bending her over, she was not yet as exposed as we knew she soon would be. :oops: The position of Eddie's hand seemed to indicate that he was about to uncover her panties...
...And then we waited! I know you had other things going on in your life, but the way it worked out was just perfect to whet our appetites for the next instalment of your story!
Now we've seen the dress raised and the first swat has landed! Hallelujah! And her reaction is delicious! :D :D I'm looking forward to the rest!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Last week, you left us with the image of Frances, positioned across Eddie's lap, with the hem of her short dress still covering her shapely bottom. Even though it had raised some in the process of bending her over, she was not yet as exposed as we knew she soon would be. :oops: The position of Eddie's hand seemed to indicate that he was about to uncover her panties...
...And then we waited! I know you had other things going on in your life, but the way it worked out was just perfect to whet our appetites for the next instalment of your story!
hi Boom,

you know, i hadn't even thought about that so it was just a happy accident this time. with any luck maybe i'll remember this and plan more things like it :D .
hugob00m wrote:Now we've seen the dress raised and the first swat has landed! Hallelujah! And her reaction is delicious! :D :D I'm looking forward to the rest!
i'm glad you liked her reaction. i gave that a lot of thought before finalizing it :D . more swats to come ;) . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, your latest panels for the "Learning Curve" story are very educational. ;) And may I say, you seem to be making my case for HAND spankings even stronger than I ever made it.

Note: When Eddie gets his lady over his lap, he says: "It's more intimate this way because we can feel each other's reactions as I'm spanking you!"

Then, as he begins to raise the girl's skirt, he adds: "The spanking will sting more with your dress up and I'll get a better feel for your reactions as I'm spanking your bottom."

All this kind of talk is truly delicious, Phil. As I said, you are making my case for hand spanking as opposed to any other kind. With your HAND on milady's precious buttcheeks, you can FEEL her reactions, feel her flesh. A spanking delivered by the hand is so much more intimate than one delivered by a paddle or a tawse.

I'll grant you that there are times when we may prefer to see a lady receive a hairbrush spanking; but that way, it becomes more a punishment and less a form of love. I always prefer to spank with my hand, because the flesh-upon-flesh experience is so much more thrilling. Only once did I spank a girl with a hairbrush... and that was briefly, and at her own request.

Your dialogue, in these new panels, is superb. You are not merely depicting a spanking, you are richly describing the wonderful feeling that goes with it... at least for the spanker. Let's not forget, some girls actively crave spankings. But that's another subject, for another time.

Let the learning curve continue!

Cheers,
Dan