Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Re: Back to Basics

Post by hugob00m »

I love the way you ended this last story! Having the sisters talk about their experiences the next morning is brilliant! I enjoyed seeing them sit (with great difficulty) on their pillows! Will we see the them again sometime? I hope so!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #27 - 29

Post by web-ed »

It seems like everyone is satisfied with the story's conclusion, and so am I :) . Our sisters have finally learned a lesson, and when they were talking about the difficulties they were having sitting down, for the first time this story made me think of another pair of spanked sisters - the Marshall sisters who were both spanked by The Phantom back in 1948 - and this story can now take its place next to that one in the annals of sister spanking history! The soft pillows were a nice touch - it's always good to have something that indicates the spankee(s) felt their spanking and won't be forgetting it too soon. I also liked the old-fashioned-looking toaster with the Overbarrel signature popping up in a double sense.

Another thing that just occurred to me is that this story is actually long enough to have been a feature in an old romance comic. Of course, there we'd only get at most one spanking panel, but my point is that many modern spanking cartoonists are just that - cartoonists such as Dave Wolfe and Nik Zula working in the single-panel format, in the tradition of guys like Wenzel and DeCarlo whom Dan mentioned. Whereas Dan, b00m, and Phil often work in the longer form of the comic strip, which takes more time and effort, but if it produces something like Back To Basics, is well worth it. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I love the way you ended this last story! Having the sisters talk about their experiences the next morning is brilliant! I enjoyed seeing them sit (with great difficulty) on their pillows! Will we see the them again sometime? I hope so!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the ending :D . it always seemed reasonable to me that girls who knew that each other got spankings would talk about that just as they do other aspects of their lives. i would think that would be especially true between sisters and i always wanted to be a fly on the wall during such a conversation 8-) . i'm assuming that i will never actually get such an opportunity so i used speculation an fantasy to come up with this. i added the scene with them sitting and the pillows for a bit of humor at the end :lol: . i don't know if i'll ever use these sisters again. i usually don't repeat characters but i have done that in some instances so we'll see. thanks for your comments :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:It seems like everyone is satisfied with the story's conclusion, and so am I :) . Our sisters have finally learned a lesson, and when they were talking about the difficulties they were having sitting down, for the first time this story made me think of another pair of spanked sisters - the Marshall sisters who were both spanked by The Phantom back in 1948 - and this story can now take its place next to that one in the annals of sister spanking history! The soft pillows were a nice touch - it's always good to have something that indicates the spankee(s) felt their spanking and won't be forgetting it too soon. I also liked the old-fashioned-looking toaster with the Overbarrel signature popping up in a double sense.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the ending to our story :D . i hadn't thought about the Marshall sisters but i enjoyed the comparison. it seemed like they might be motivated to use some nice pillows considering they both got a spanking and then a paddling on sore bottoms :lol:. as i was telling Boom, it seemed like a good way to introduce some rueful humor from our girls. i'm glad you liked the logo in the toaster too. it did seem appropriate to me :lol: .
web-ed wrote: Another thing that just occurred to me is that this story is actually long enough to have been a feature in an old romance comic. Of course, there we'd only get at most one spanking panel, but my point is that many modern spanking cartoonists are just that - cartoonists such as Dave Wolfe and Nik Zula working in the single-panel format, in the tradition of guys like Wenzel and DeCarlo whom Dan mentioned. Whereas Dan, b00m, and Phil often work in the longer form of the comic strip, which takes more time and effort, but if it produces something like Back To Basics, is well worth it. :)
this is another point that i hadn't considered. one of the main reasons i like reading here and posting my toons is that we get so many different thoughts and comments............so many different takes on each subject.....many of which i would never have thought of on my own :D . i sometimes do single pics either with or without dialog. i also used to do spanking stories that had a title for each pic but with no dialog, however these toons i do now where i use both the pics and the dialog to tell the story seem to be the most popular with my viewers and to be honest, i personally like them best too. i hadn't thought about my toons being long enough to have been a feature in a comic book but the idea of that brought a big grin to my face :D . thanks, phil