Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Re: Back to Basics

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:i hope you enjoy the new pic.
Definitely! It looks like Janice is finally learning her lesson! Oh boy, is her lovely backside turning RED! And Hannah? She's becoming aroused watching her sister get spanked? Seeing how helpless Janice is and thinking about how helpless she was when Gary had her turned over his knee... Wow! I love this story!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:The first thing that strikes me is how hot Janice's rear is - in a double sense! :) That is one beautiful bottom, and I think at this point it's red enough to indicate that Jan's attitude has been well and truly adjusted!
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . the way she's kicking around seems to be working those Gluteus maximus muscles and making her bottom all the more rounder ;) ..............and this camera angle improves the view too ;) . i figured that it was time her bottom was nicely red too.............Isaac has done a good job of spanking her :lol:
web-ed wrote: Hannah is surprised to find she's getting aroused by the idea of being held powerless by Gary. Apparently (and unsurprisingly), Hannah is not a true spanko, meaning that this is not something she always fantasized about, but she is one of those women who find spanking at least a little arousing under the right circumstances. Very likely what appeals to such women is the idea of being forced to give up control. There are many such women, many more I'm sure than dedicated hard-core spankos - I would guess perhaps 1 in 4.
i thought you might have some comments about this. i agree with you that the idea of being controlled by a man is arousing to many women...........especially if it is "their" man. i can guarantee you from personal experience that there are women who aren't into spanking at all that still get excited by a man who will control them and many of them would even happily accept a spanking to gain this objective. even some spankees who enjoy getting spanked for a variety of "fun" reasons find that their needs are better met by a good, punishment spanking because they have no say in the matter. this is why some women will brat to get a spanking instead of just asking for one. the idea of having no say in the matter is powerfully arousing to them even if they actually hate the pain of a punishment spanking. i agree with you that many of these women aren't spankos and i wonder if the percentage isn't even higher than your speculation.
web-ed wrote:I think we're close to winding things up now.
we'll see :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Definitely! It looks like Janice is finally learning her lesson! Oh boy, is her lovely backside turning RED! And Hannah? She's becoming aroused watching her sister get spanked? Seeing how helpless Janice is and thinking about how helpless she was when Gary had her turned over his knee... Wow! I love this story!
hi Boom,

it looks to me like your take on this story is exactly right ;) . it also looks like this story has made a connection with you :D . i'm glad you're enjoying it. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil wrote:

I can guarantee you from personal experience that there are women who aren't into spanking at all that still get excited by a man who will control them and many of them would even happily accept a spanking to gain this objective. Even some spankees who enjoy getting spanked for a variety of "fun" reasons find that their needs are better met by a good, punishment spanking because they have no say in the matter. This is why some women will brat to get a spanking instead of just asking for one. The idea of having no say in the matter is powerfully arousing to them even if they actually hate the pain of a punishment spanking.

Absolutely correct, Phil. In my younger days I often spanked my dates, but only when my "brat radar" told me they were amenable to the idea. In a few cases, I think I may actually have been the first man to ever lay a hand on them.

One girl, Beverly, told me she had never been spanked before I did it to her. What is special about Beverly is that, once she got a taste of what a spanking is like, she forever after would coax me into spanking her, every time we dated. You may find this hard to believe, but after all that coaxing, it was I, not she, who would eventually tire of the experience. Not that she turned me against spanking, as I'm pretty sure that's in my genes; but I don't want to do it every time I turn around, ya know?

I think that Web-ed's calculation of "one in four" women who are aroused by being forced to give up control, is spot on.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Absolutely correct, Phil. In my younger days I often spanked my dates, but only when my "brat radar" told me they were amenable to the idea. In a few cases, I think I may actually have been the first man to ever lay a hand on them.
hi Dan,

i was pretty much on this same program when i was a young man too. in those cases where my "radar" left me uncertain, a few carefully chosen words usually let me find out for sure in a very short time without scaring off the ones who weren't really into it. i think i was also the first man to ever spank some of them and one thing i was impressed with is the number of girls who had never thought about it that were willing to at least give it a try. some of them wanted to do it again and others didn't but at least they were open to trying it.
daneldorado wrote:One girl, Beverly, told me she had never been spanked before I did it to her. What is special about Beverly is that, once she got a taste of what a spanking is like, she forever after would coax me into spanking her, every time we dated. You may find this hard to believe, but after all that coaxing, it was I, not she, who would eventually tire of the experience. Not that she turned me against spanking, as I'm pretty sure that's in my genes; but I don't want to do it every time I turn around, ya know?
i don't recall ever having this problem. i think most of the time I was the one wanting to spank every time we were together and i had to hold myself back because the girls didn't want to get a spanking every time we saw each other............even some of the spankees :lol: . later, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

matter resolved
matter resolved
021.jpg (284.84 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
hi everyone,

so you've lectured your sweetie and spanked her bottom good. she's apologized and promised to be good...........mission accomplished, right? :D . You'd think so but it doesn't always work out that way. some of you might be surprised to learn that girls don't always keep those bare bottom promises :o . thank goodness for plan B ;) . in order to keep things rolling along, i've posted 3 pics this time. i hope you enjoy them. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

NOW WHAT?
NOW WHAT?
022.jpg (315.07 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

plan B
plan B
023.jpg (292.68 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Excellent finale pic to "Back to Basics", Phil. Or is it the finale? Not sure.

In my feverish mind, I had hoped for a final panel showing that the boys decided to give their gals a double spanking after their initial chastisements. Yes, I earnestly hoped for that. It made me hot. But in that mischievous brain of mine, I was thinking you would treat us to a "double switch" -- that is, I imagined that for the grand finale, they would switch partners so that Isaac would spank Jan, while Gary spanked Hannah. All in the interest of a red-hot, orgasmic finish to this magnificent story.

About that final panel, it is a delight to see... and the only thing I could say might be "wrong" with it is that, while we can see the distressed face of Hannah (on the right) and her sister's very fine fanny and excellent legs on the left, we cannot see Jan's face. The positioning you have chosen clearly prevents a simultaneous view of both girls' faces, and I know we should be happy with that. Good grief, Jan's bottom is certainly a deep red in this pic!

But some years ago, our co-conspirator here, the artist known as b00m, produced a cartoon panel showing a double spanking -- it was OTKatie and her sister both being spanked at the same time, in the story "Katie's Thanksgiving" -- and in b00m's positioning, we were able to see both girls' faces and appreciate the anguish of both at once.

Anyway, Phil, if this is the windup of your "BacktoBasics", it is a very excellent and enjoyable story.

Thanks again!
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:so you've lectured your sweetie and spanked her bottom good. she's apologized and promised to be good...........mission accomplished, right? You'd think so but it doesn't always work out that way. some of you might be surprised to learn that girls don't always keep those bare bottom promises. thank goodness for plan B. in order to keep things rolling along, i've posted 3 pics this time. i hope you enjoy them.
Yes! I enjoy your newest addition to such a fun story! :D :D :D :D So... It looked as if the girls had learned their lesson and things were going to go smoothly for the rest of the evening... but now they've earned themselves another spanking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: By the time dinner is ready, I'm pretty sure that Hannah and Janice are going to want to eat standing up! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
daneldorado wrote:But some years ago, our co-conspirator here, the artist known as b00m, produced a cartoon panel showing a double spanking -- it was OTKatie and her sister both being spanked at the same time, in the story "Katie's Thanksgiving" -- and in b00m's positioning, we were able to see both girls' faces and appreciate the anguish of both at once.
The way I did the positioning in my Thanksgiving cartoon (as well as the collaborative work: Spanky Sal and O.T. Katie, Together for the First Time) requires that one spanker use his left hand while the other uses his right. Isaac and Gary appear to both be righties. However, having them face opposite directions gives the viewre the advantage of seeing one woman's face full-on, while having a glorious view of the other woman's reddening backside.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

We have an old saying in Australia that would apply to this pair re their inability to quit while they are ahead.

"You can't put brains in monuments!" :roll:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Excellent finale pic to "Back to Basics", Phil. Or is it the finale? Not sure.
hi Dan,

this would probably be a good place to end this story but i'm not stopping just yet. first off, i had a different ending in mind and second, after the boys went to all the trouble to get both girls over their laps i figured we should watch them getting paddled for a while :lol: . fear not. i will let you know when i post the final pics ;) .
daneldorado wrote: In my feverish mind, I had hoped for a final panel showing that the boys decided to give their gals a double spanking after their initial chastisements. Yes, I earnestly hoped for that. It made me hot. But in that mischievous brain of mine, I was thinking you would treat us to a "double switch" -- that is, I imagined that for the grand finale, they would switch partners so that Isaac would spank Jan, while Gary spanked Hannah. All in the interest of a red-hot, orgasmic finish to this magnificent story.
it seems to me that you had mentioned this scenario earlier in the toon and i seriously considered it. as a matter of fact, you and others mentioned the idea of a double spanking which is what got me thinking about it. my original idea for this toon didn't include the double spanking. i decided not to have them switch because each man had his own set of recurring problems with his wife that he wanted to settle, although the scenario where sisters are getting spanked and their husbands are friends does lend itself to that scenario.
daneldorado wrote:About that final panel, it is a delight to see... and the only thing I could say might be "wrong" with it is that, while we can see the distressed face of Hannah (on the right) and her sister's very fine fanny and excellent legs on the left, we cannot see Jan's face. The positioning you have chosen clearly prevents a simultaneous view of both girls' faces, and I know we should be happy with that. Good grief, Jan's bottom is certainly a deep red in this pic!

in the pic i will post 2 weeks from now, i will correct the problem of not being able to see Jan's face :D . in that pic you will be able to see both the girl's faces although only Jan's bottom. as far as the color or Jan's bottom goes...............you have to remember that her first spanking has only been over for a few minutes :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:But some years ago, our co-conspirator here, the artist known as b00m, produced a cartoon panel showing a double spanking -- it was OTKatie and her sister both being spanked at the same time, in the story "Katie's Thanksgiving" -- and in b00m's positioning, we were able to see both girls' faces and appreciate the anguish of both at once.
this is another scenario that i considered. i can't remember if it was you or Boom but i think one of you mentioned this earlier in the toon. i have to admit taht the idea of being able to see both their faces during the spanking does have a certain "appeal" ;) however, both of my spankers are right handed which lent itself to this positioning better. second, if i do that you can't see either of their bottoms during the spanking and third i had an ulterior motive for placing them facing opposite ways which will become apparent next week 8-) .
daneldorado wrote: Anyway, Phil, if this is the windup of your "BacktoBasics", it is a very excellent and enjoyable story.

Thanks again!
Dan
i'm glad you're enjoying the toon and we'll see if we can't squeeze a bit more enjoyment out of them during the next few weeks ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Yes! I enjoy your newest addition to such a fun story! :D :D :D :D So... It looked as if the girls had learned their lesson and things were going to go smoothly for the rest of the evening... but now they've earned themselves another spanking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: By the time dinner is ready, I'm pretty sure that Hannah and Janice are going to want to eat standing up! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
hi Boom,

it did seem like the rest of the evening should go smoothly but you know what they say about the "best laid plans" :lol: . the first reply i had this week was from a girl from one of my toon groups. here are her comments, "Great pics...they prove a brat will be spanked more than once for the same issue even on the same day until the point is driven home. Those poor girls LOL" . it sure sounds like experience talking to me :lol: . i don't plan on doing a pic showing them all eating but i will stipulate that the girls will be standing for supper..........good thought :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:The way I did the positioning in my Thanksgiving cartoon (as well as the collaborative work: Spanky Sal and O.T. Katie, Together for the First Time) requires that one spanker use his left hand while the other uses his right. Isaac and Gary appear to both be righties. However, having them face opposite directions gives the viewre the advantage of seeing one woman's face full-on, while having a glorious view of the other woman's reddening backside.
aaaaaah, i see you've found the silver lining in this arrangement :D . the straight on views you mentioned are something that we don't often see............at least not in my toons and that's another reason i wanted to do it this way. i'm glad you're enjoying the toon and the views. hopefully that will continue ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:We have an old saying in Australia that would apply to this pair re their inability to quit while they are ahead.

"You can't put brains in monuments!" :roll:
hi Willjohn,

:lol: :lol: good saying! a spankee friend of mine has a saying that fits too, "sometimes the fastest way to get something through to a brat's brain is to go through her bottom :lol: . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #19 - 21

Post by web-ed »

"sometimes the fastest way to get something through to a brat's brain is to go through her bottom" - words to live by! Certainly that appears to be the only way to get through to Jan and Hannah - I chuckled out loud when they went from being contrite little girls still rubbing their bottoms back to bickering adult brats, because I could see what was coming next :D . So back over the knee they go, but this time Gary and Isaac are armed with paddles, which certainly doesn't break my paddle-loving heart! And I could see Phil wasn't going to end the story here because Gary is talking about how to make it more effective while his fingers are grasping the waistband of Hannah's panties. Looks like these girls are going to get the paddle panties down - hooray :lol: ! I eagerly await the next episode.

Dan, b00m, and Phil have pretty much covered the compositional questions here as to the different ways you can position the couples for a double-spanking. I will only add one rather unusual real-life experience, which took place at a spanking party a number of years ago. A rather large-sized lady suggested that another man and myself spank her at the same time (she was really too big for one man to take her comfortably over his knee). So the other fellow and I put two chairs together as Phil did here and sat down facing each other, thus forming a sort of double-sized lap. We took her over-the-knees (all four of them) as you might say, and proceeded to do what was necessary :) . We had to follow the "hugob00m plan" in which one man spanks right-handed while the other becomes a southpaw. As I am nearly ambidexterous, I took on the left-handed role, and I can say that spanking is a lot of fun whichever hand you use :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:"sometimes the fastest way to get something through to a brat's brain is to go through her bottom" - words to live by! Certainly that appears to be the only way to get through to Jan and Hannah - I chuckled out loud when they went from being contrite little girls still rubbing their bottoms back to bickering adult brats, because I could see what was coming next :D . So back over the knee they go, but this time Gary and Isaac are armed with paddles, which certainly doesn't break my paddle-loving heart! And I could see Phil wasn't going to end the story here because Gary is talking about how to make it more effective while his fingers are grasping the waistband of Hannah's panties. Looks like these girls are going to get the paddle panties down - hooray :lol: ! I eagerly await the next episode.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you got a chuckle from this week's episode :D that's what happens when those spankings are too few and far between. so, back over the knee they go indeed and no one can say they weren't warned ;) . btw, i have now had 2 spankee friends of mine write and comment that getting more than one spanking in a day is totally a reality at times:lol: one of them even mentioned that a brat knows what she needs and understands that it was her own doing when that happened. i don't think it's what Janice and Hannah had in mind at all though :lol: . of course our spankers are using paddles this time. after all, this is not only the second offense but it is also the second spanking in a day :D . i like nice, light, stingy paddles like ping pong paddles too ;) . from your comments i can see that it's no secret to you what is going to happen in the next panel :D . even at that, i may still have at least a small surprise coming in the next one ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now we're getting to the bottom of this matter!
now we're getting to the bottom of this matter!
024.jpg (295.78 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
hi everyone,

you know, Hannah and Janice have really been pretty lucky in this toon. each of them got to watch her sister getting a good, sound spanking.............and from a perspective that is even better than the one the spanker gets :D . also, i couldn't help but notice that they each REALLY enjoyed the spectacle they were watching :lol: . well, it looks like our girls are about to get yet another perspective on spanking and each girl will still get to WATCH her sister getting a spanking. of course she'll be FEELING the same thing happening to her while she watches :lol: . kinda makes me wonder how much they'll enjoy this perspective 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The way this is going neither girl will have any skin left on her bum by the end of the day.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Great new addition to your story! Although, in Hannah's case, the lowering of her panties seems to be more of a symbolic gesture than a necessity... since the spanked portion of her lovely backside was already exposed! And the "camera" angle you chose this time gives us a tantalizing view of one lady's glowing postierior and the other's expressive face. Delicious!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:The way this is going neither girl will have any skin left on her bum by the end of the day.
hi Willjohn,

well, hopefully it won't be that bad although...............it might FEEL like it by the time the paddlings are over :lol: . thanks, phil