Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Back to Basics

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I didn't ever log on last week, and so, my comments will encompass two week's worth of your art. Your positioning and "camera angle" give the audience a terrific view of one sister's lovely round backside and the other's pleading face! I love it! And the girls seem to be learning their lesson too. I doubt that they'll ignore their husbands for a long, long time!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . i thought i'd take advantage of having 2 spankings going on at once with those camera angles so we could get a good look at both ends of the situation :lol: . usually we get a less direct vantage point. i'm glad you enjoyed them :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #26

Post by web-ed »

It looks like the girls are finally learning their lesson - it certainly has taken them long enough! Better late than never, though. I think the high point here is Jan's behind, which you've posed so attractively I really want to give it a good smack even though it's not going to get any redder now no matter what anyone does! ;) It's good to see the girls finally agree on something: "I'll never do it agaaaaain!...Sob!" :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:It looks like the girls are finally learning their lesson - it certainly has taken them long enough! Better late than never, though. I think the high point here is Jan's behind, which you've posed so attractively I really want to give it a good smack even though it's not going to get any redder now no matter what anyone does! ;) It's good to see the girls finally agree on something: "I'll never do it agaaaaain!...Sob!" :)
hi web-ed,

it does seem like their pleas might finally be sincere...............at least for a while :lol: . i would agree that the "high point" is Jan's rear.............especially from this angle :D . i used this particular camera angle for the express purpose of showing off her rear and Hannah's face and i think it worked nicely for that. perhaps the girls are indeed beginning to see that some cooperation would be best :lol: . i'll be posting the final 3 pics on Friday to wrap this one up ;) . i'm glad you enjoyed the view on this one :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

a lesson in promise keeping
a lesson in promise keeping
027.jpg (263.3 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
hi everyone,

it's been a pretty intense trip for our spankee sisters...............and their husbands too i might add :D . i've had a number of comments in recent weeks about the girls learning lessons but i have to wonder if that's really the case or if it's more a matter of "remembering" things that had been partially forgotten by our 30 something couples. i have to figure that it's a good thing for our married couples when they finally remember that they need to get back to basics on a regular basis ;) .i have posted the last 3 pics in our toon this week. i hope you've enjoyed this toon. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

talking it over
talking it over
028.jpg (349.05 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

THE END
THE END
029.jpg (353.13 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

With a pair of real masochists like these ladies no amount of spanking will make them change their ways.

Reminds me of an old joke:

"Hit me!" said the masochist. :cry:
"No!" said the sadist. :twisted:

It would be a dull world without crazy people.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, your "Back to Basics" story is masterful. Janice and Hannah have now been suitably spanked and corrected, and the whole story was superb. You, my friend, are at the pinnacle of spanko artistry. Who's this DeCarlo? Who's Wenzel? No, no, they are subordinate to your own shining talent. :D

Of course I loved seeing these two young, headstrong females getting their dainty bottoms soundly spanked. That's a given. But for me, the primary delight is in reckoning how furious the fem-libbers would be, if they ever saw these pictures. Lately, not a day goes by without my reading something in the newspaper or online, about some female complaining that men are getting all the good jobs, the higher pay, and how the fair sex is being discriminated against because of gender. I get hot under the collar every time I read this stuff. Women have never had it so good, in this country. We know that there are countries across the sea where women are really victimized; but not so, here in this western Paradise. American and English women should be grateful for the progress they have made. But of course, they are not. Instead, they insist on demonizing the males in charge, and demanding still more privileges.

So, as I was perusing "Back to Basics," I thought of the women libbers and how irate they would be, to see your artistry. For them, this is blasphemous. For the rest of us, your story is a masterpiece.

Cheers and many thanks,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:It would be a dull world without crazy people.
hi Willjohn,

it would indeed :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, your "Back to Basics" story is masterful. Janice and Hannah have now been suitably spanked and corrected, and the whole story was superb. You, my friend, are at the pinnacle of spanko artistry. Who's this DeCarlo? Who's Wenzel? No, no, they are subordinate to your own shining talent. :D
hi Dan,

WOW! i never expected comments like this one. i feel very honored just to be included in this group of top spanking artists :D . i'm really glad you enjoyed this toon too :D .
daneldorado wrote:So, as I was perusing "Back to Basics," I thought of the women libbers and how irate they would be, to see your artistry. For them, this is blasphemous. For the rest of us, your story is a masterpiece.

Cheers and many thanks,
Dan
interesting comments. of course, if those women you mention don't like my work, they are free to do their own toons. my main purpose for doing these toons is because i like them and i hope that other folks will like them too. i will say that i take a certain amount of pride in the fact that there are ladies who enjoy my toons also. it just goes to show you that not all women agree with the women's lib group............especially in situations that concern their intimate relations with their husbands. most all of the toons i do are based on my own fantasies but i get requests, comments and suggestions from my viewers that often give me ideas for the toons or at least for the direction that a toon will take. these requests and suggestions come from both men and women which is also a source of satisfaction to me :D . thanks for your comments. i really appreciate them :D phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I love the way you ended this last story! Having the sisters talk about their experiences the next morning is brilliant! I enjoyed seeing them sit (with great difficulty) on their pillows! Will we see the them again sometime? I hope so!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #27 - 29

Post by web-ed »

It seems like everyone is satisfied with the story's conclusion, and so am I :) . Our sisters have finally learned a lesson, and when they were talking about the difficulties they were having sitting down, for the first time this story made me think of another pair of spanked sisters - the Marshall sisters who were both spanked by The Phantom back in 1948 - and this story can now take its place next to that one in the annals of sister spanking history! The soft pillows were a nice touch - it's always good to have something that indicates the spankee(s) felt their spanking and won't be forgetting it too soon. I also liked the old-fashioned-looking toaster with the Overbarrel signature popping up in a double sense.

Another thing that just occurred to me is that this story is actually long enough to have been a feature in an old romance comic. Of course, there we'd only get at most one spanking panel, but my point is that many modern spanking cartoonists are just that - cartoonists such as Dave Wolfe and Nik Zula working in the single-panel format, in the tradition of guys like Wenzel and DeCarlo whom Dan mentioned. Whereas Dan, b00m, and Phil often work in the longer form of the comic strip, which takes more time and effort, but if it produces something like Back To Basics, is well worth it. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I love the way you ended this last story! Having the sisters talk about their experiences the next morning is brilliant! I enjoyed seeing them sit (with great difficulty) on their pillows! Will we see the them again sometime? I hope so!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the ending :D . it always seemed reasonable to me that girls who knew that each other got spankings would talk about that just as they do other aspects of their lives. i would think that would be especially true between sisters and i always wanted to be a fly on the wall during such a conversation 8-) . i'm assuming that i will never actually get such an opportunity so i used speculation an fantasy to come up with this. i added the scene with them sitting and the pillows for a bit of humor at the end :lol: . i don't know if i'll ever use these sisters again. i usually don't repeat characters but i have done that in some instances so we'll see. thanks for your comments :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:It seems like everyone is satisfied with the story's conclusion, and so am I :) . Our sisters have finally learned a lesson, and when they were talking about the difficulties they were having sitting down, for the first time this story made me think of another pair of spanked sisters - the Marshall sisters who were both spanked by The Phantom back in 1948 - and this story can now take its place next to that one in the annals of sister spanking history! The soft pillows were a nice touch - it's always good to have something that indicates the spankee(s) felt their spanking and won't be forgetting it too soon. I also liked the old-fashioned-looking toaster with the Overbarrel signature popping up in a double sense.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the ending to our story :D . i hadn't thought about the Marshall sisters but i enjoyed the comparison. it seemed like they might be motivated to use some nice pillows considering they both got a spanking and then a paddling on sore bottoms :lol:. as i was telling Boom, it seemed like a good way to introduce some rueful humor from our girls. i'm glad you liked the logo in the toaster too. it did seem appropriate to me :lol: .
web-ed wrote: Another thing that just occurred to me is that this story is actually long enough to have been a feature in an old romance comic. Of course, there we'd only get at most one spanking panel, but my point is that many modern spanking cartoonists are just that - cartoonists such as Dave Wolfe and Nik Zula working in the single-panel format, in the tradition of guys like Wenzel and DeCarlo whom Dan mentioned. Whereas Dan, b00m, and Phil often work in the longer form of the comic strip, which takes more time and effort, but if it produces something like Back To Basics, is well worth it. :)
this is another point that i hadn't considered. one of the main reasons i like reading here and posting my toons is that we get so many different thoughts and comments............so many different takes on each subject.....many of which i would never have thought of on my own :D . i sometimes do single pics either with or without dialog. i also used to do spanking stories that had a title for each pic but with no dialog, however these toons i do now where i use both the pics and the dialog to tell the story seem to be the most popular with my viewers and to be honest, i personally like them best too. i hadn't thought about my toons being long enough to have been a feature in a comic book but the idea of that brought a big grin to my face :D . thanks, phil