A Walk in the Park

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: A Walk in the Park

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Your latest panel for "A Walk in the Park" is beautiful. Not just good, but actually beautiful. While I don't expect many fem-libbers to voice their support, I'm sure that every other category of person who is viewing this story just LOVES IT!
hi Dan,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view on this pic :D . i know i love it but then it's my fantasy so i guess that's not a surprise :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:Laura is now learning, the hard way, the truth of the old maxim: Bratty behavior leads to bratty consequences.
i had some help with the planning of this toon and the spankee who assisted me, an admitted brat, pointed out some paradoxes about being a brat. on the one hand, she allowed as how she plans on how to get a spanking because that's what she wants ;) . on the other hand, she wonders why she lets it get out of hand and always winds up getting a bottom that's way more sore than she had in mind :o . then she finished up by saying, " but a brat knows how to get what she wants" :lol: . i have a feeling that her paradoxes are in play here with Laura who wanted a spanking but hadn't thought about having it take place here in the park where anyone might wander by 8-) .
daneldorado wrote:I am very, very pleased with the looks of this panel. You have positioned Laura perfectly over Kenny's knee, with her lovely behind perched at the apex of the composition. Her gorgeous legs -- you KNOW that's what I love -- :lol: -- are as good as legs ever get, and they are already kicking, at this first of what I'm sure will be MANY swats. Her dress has been lifted, and is now bunched around her midsection, giving Kenny full access to every square inch of her fine buttocks :D !
:D thanks! i thought this was a nice angle that showed off Laura's attributes as well as the predicament she's in very well so it's nice to know i did a good job conveying that :D .
daneldorado wrote:And I'm very glad that you, like b00m and myself, know to include some panels showing an occasional swat LANDING, rather than simply showing the man's hand waving in the air. Both positions are essential to a proper spanking. So, when drawing a sequence rather than a single panel, it is necessary to show the man's hand landing on its lovely target.
since i started doing pics showing the spanker's hand landing i've decided that if properly done that landing hand can actually enhance the intensity of the pic even though part of the spankee's bottom is covered by the spanker's hand. the trick seems to be to pick a camera angle and a situation where that landing hand is used to maximum effect and i think this pic is a good example of that ;) .
daneldorado wrote:Just one thing bothers me... and it's not you exactly, it concerns one of your fans who posted a comment.

In one of the comments following your newest panel, the respondent says something like: The spanking is taking place next to a gazebo, and he wonders if Laura will show us her "own" gazebo. I pray that she does NOT. A good spanking can be just as scenic if the lady maintains her dignity and doesn't expose herself... or did I get that wrong, Phil? Just wondering.

Anyway, Phil, for what it's worth: This sort of drawing is the main reason you have so many fans. Spank on!

Cheers,
Dan
i really didn't read this into this comment. to me it seemed a reference to her embarrassment at having her dress raised in the great outdoors :lol: thanks for that last comment. if brought a grin to my face :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Another great panel for your newest story! Laura feels the impact of Kenny's hand on her cute little panty-clad backside! I love it! :D :D :D :D I can hardly wait to see what you do next! Perhaps there may be some passers-by to be entertained by the show and add to Laura's embarrassment? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
hi Boom,

you and i seem to see eye to eye concerning Laura's backside...............i too think it looks really cute covered with those soft, little panties :D . you seem suspicious that there may be some passers by accidentally witnessing portions of this spanking ................would i do anything like that :lol: . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Laura is finding out that reality is different than fantasy - and it hurts more, too! :) I see that Dan was a little worried by my "gazebo" comment - I was actually using "gazebo" to mean her fanny, nothing else. It was a failed attempt at humor based on the fact that the word "gazebo" is not in common usage. It was a little like the pianist/humorist Victor Borge explaining to the audience that he had reached an agreement with his soprano not to touch her coloratura. ;)

I don't advocate for "exposure" as we have used the term in the past to refer to the spankee's most intimate area, believing this is best left to the artist's discretion, although I do like to see a nice bare bottom :D !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Laura is finding out that reality is different than fantasy - and it hurts more, too!
hi web-ed,

i do think that Laura is finding out about reality here and it seems to me that her fantasy is changing too ;) .
web-ed wrote:I don't advocate for "exposure" as we have used the term in the past to refer to the spankee's most intimate area, believing this is best left to the artist's discretion, although I do like to see a nice bare bottom :D !
i understood your "gazebo" comment to mean only her bottom and of course, we will be having some bare bottom coming up before it's all over :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed wrote:

It was a little like the pianist/humorist Victor Borge explaining to the audience that he had reached an agreement with his soprano not to touch her coloratura.

Very funny, and that reminds me of an incident from my youth, although it is OT. When I was in high school I was a member of the school Orchestra. We were practicing some new composition when suddenly our director, Mr. Farrar, signalled us to "stop."

Mr. Farrar was a bit of a joker, and he loved his plays on words. As we music students sat and waited to hear his reasons for stopping, he singled out the girl who played the bass fiddle. And he said to her:

"Nancy, are you sure you are using the correct embouchure?" Nancy was quiet. She didn't understand what an embouchure was, let alone how to use one.

Mr. Farrar pressed his advantage. He then said, to the mortified girl, "All girls have an embouchure, you know that?"

At this point Nancy's cheeks (talkin' about her face, guys) reddened noticeably.

Some of us laughed, but you could tell that most of the kids didn't understand the word embouchure. After a couple of seconds of silence, Mr. Farrar said, "Okay, that's all right. EVERYBODY has an embouchure!" And then the whole rehearsal hall burst into laughter. Nancy was a good sport, and eventually she joined in the laughter too.

You reminded me of that, when you mentioned Victor Borge and his play on the word "coloratura."

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

For some strange reason it reminded me of Spike Milligan in his TV series "The world of Beachcomber."

Milligan was playing a barrister who said to the judge "M'lud, may I elucidate?" Judge replied "If you must, but I feel I must warn you it can cause blindness."
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:For some strange reason it reminded me of Spike Milligan in his TV series "The world of Beachcomber."

Milligan was playing a barrister who said to the judge "M'lud, may I elucidate?" Judge replied "If you must, but I feel I must warn you it can cause blindness."
I take it that was the BBC about 45 years ago - you couldn't say anything like that on American TV at the time. But yes, it's the same kind of joke. Benny Hill did the same kind of thing once or twice as I recall.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The BBC wiped most of Spike's shows so they could re use the video tape. No foresight.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

it looks like Laura just likes "hanging out" in the park
it looks like Laura just likes "hanging out" in the park
007.jpg (364.05 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
hi everyone,

Poor Laura!...............face down, dress up, getting her bottom spanked.............and right out in the open where anyone could come along and see :D . still, it's funny just how naughty girls actually react to a situation like this one 8-) . what was it Laura said in the first pic? oh, yeah, "once a brat, always a brat" :lol: . i hope you all enjoy the new pic. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

So then... Laura finds herself in that position, :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: and her way of dealing with it is to goad her boyfriend that he doesn't spank hard enough? Oooooh! Got to LOVE a brat like her! Heh heh! :D :D :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:So then... Laura finds herself in that position, :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: and her way of dealing with it is to goad her boyfriend that he doesn't spank hard enough? Oooooh! Got to LOVE a brat like her! Heh heh! :D :D :D :D
hi Boom,

i couldn't agree with you more............i just love a brat like her because it's so much more fun to blister her bottom knowing that she has totally earned it :D . i guess that's why this has been a favorite fantasy of mine all these years 8-) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Pure brattiness! But Laura hasn't yet learned that most basic of lessons: bratting has consequences, and goading Kenny further at this point is not a wise move. She'll learn, sort of, the hard way, which is the only way brats ever seem to learn anything. I enjoyed the "scenery" in this last cartoon, if you know what I mean. ;)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Pure brattiness! But Laura hasn't yet learned that most basic of lessons: bratting has consequences, and goading Kenny further at this point is not a wise move. She'll learn, sort of, the hard way, which is the only way brats ever seem to learn anything. I enjoyed the "scenery" in this last cartoon, if you know what I mean. ;)
hi Web-ed,

you're right.............goading him isn't smart and i think that many brats understand this but they just have to see "exactly" where that line is :lol: . i'm glad you enjoyed the scenery............more coming up :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

the calm before the storm
the calm before the storm
008.jpg (351.57 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
hi everyone,

you know, we all sometimes wonder about why bratty spankees do things the way they do and i have it on good authority that there are many times when even the brat herself wonders why she pushed things as far as she did :? .....................especially when her bottom is feeling like it's on fire :lol: . of course, i also have it on good authority that brats know how to get what they need 8-) . i hope you enjoy this week's pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Phil... Another nice panel from you, shows things progressing pretty much as expected, in your story "A Walk in the Park."

After some righteous smacks to Laura's delicious bottomcheeks, Kenny finds his girlfriend turning sassy on him. To this point, we can say Laura is confident that she will be receiving the kind of loving spanking she is used to getting. But Kenny is now thinking of "turning up the heat." Do you think little Laura will be okay with the spanking she has wrought?

Looking forward to many more spanking panels, and a squelching of Laura's sassiness.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Well we don't need any long-winded analysis here - Laura has gone too far, as brats always seem to do, and she will soon pay the price :) ! For us, there's nothing to do but sit back and enjoy it.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:After some righteous smacks to Laura's delicious bottomcheeks, Kenny finds his girlfriend turning sassy on him. To this point, we can say Laura is confident that she will be receiving the kind of loving spanking she is used to getting. But Kenny is now thinking of "turning up the heat." Do you think little Laura will be okay with the spanking she has wrought?
hi Dan,

i would say yes and no :lol: . she''ll probably be wondering why she kept going until he decided to set her bottom on fire even if this is what she secretly wanted all along :D .
daneldorado wrote: Looking forward to many more spanking panels, and a squelching of Laura's sassiness.

Cheers,
Dan
more coming up. this toon seems entirely predictable so far but coming up with any surprises might be a problem since everyone seems to be very familiar with bratty behavior 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well we don't need any long-winded analysis here - Laura has gone too far, as brats always seem to do, and she will soon pay the price :) ! For us, there's nothing to do but sit back and enjoy it.
hi web-ed,

that's pretty much what i was just telling Dan :lol: . i am glad that you mentioned sitting back and enjoying this though, because i DO love watching a brat get what's coming to her so maybe surprising plot twists aren't necessary here :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

getting harder to keep quiet
getting harder to keep quiet
009.jpg (333.34 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
hi everyone,

our bratty, young Laura seems to have discovered that sometimes words can come back to haunt you...............especially if you're already OTK when you say them :lol: . it's interesting how it all seems to have led to a lot of conflicting and overwhelming feelings for her 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:our bratty, young Laura seems to have discovered that sometimes words can come back to haunt you...............especially if you're already OTK when you say them.
Right! Sometimes your words can come back and bite you on the butt! Heh heh! I'm enjoying this story a lot!