An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:If it takes a little longer than usual to lead up to the spanking, I'm fine with that. Your stoytelling ability is part of what makes your art come to life.
hi Boom.

thanks for the compliment about my story telling :D . i always loved spanking drawings but i personally think the more i know about the spanking, the more i enjoy it.
hugob00m wrote: Do we still call it a comic strip when it's "drawn" using poser software? Graphic Novel? Whatever label we put on it, the medium you use is uniquely suited to giving us the story in both pictoral and written form. A book is better by far than a movie when it comes to expressing the thoughts of the characters. In a movie, we have to either interpret their thoughts by their words and actions, or listen to a lot of narration that tends to interfere with the action. With "comic" art, what is best said with an image is there for us to see, and what needs to be put into words is there in those little clouds!
interesting comments about the difference between books, movies and comic art. i usually try to keep the words to a minimum although i usually struggle to do so as i have a tendency to be wordy. i got a comment from Dave Wolfe which said that he thought this last pics was "copy heavy" and i have to say i agree with him. i would much prefer fewer words but in this case, i haven't found a way to do that and still give a good depiction of what their words and thoughts are. in this case, i think the extra words are necessary for me to give as accurate a depiction as possible of what might be going on in their minds so i'm doing it anyway. i think that once we reach the actual spanking, that problem will probably solve itself. i really don't have a good idea of how to label my work. i usually just call them "toons" ;) . btw, the current form i use is largely due to comments from viewers. i have done single pics with no dialog, single pics with dialog, i have used a series of pics, each with it's own title to tell a spanking story and my current format which seems to be the most popular and well received.
hugob00m wrote: And if anyone criticizes you for taking too long to get on with the spanking part. it sure won't be me! I've done a few long stories myself!
i appreciate that and i also appreciate that you took time to sent the comment :D . i was a little uncertain about doing this but so far the comments i have gotten about it are all positive so i'll press on with it. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

Since this will be the first time Mark has given Natalie a spanking, it looks like he's decided he needs to go over the rules with her before starting :D . meanwhile, Natalie seems to be going over her feelings about all of this........with some unexpected results 8-) . i hope you all enjoy the new pic. phil
Attachments
Natalie seems confused about a couple things
Natalie seems confused about a couple things
006.jpg (335.39 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Natalie wanted Mark to "take charge" and now he's doing just that. You might even say he's "laying down the law". She obviously wasn't expecting him to be this much in control... and now it looks like she wants to back out. But I don't see that he has the option of letting her back out. If he does, he'll forever be weak in her eyes.

There's a line from McLintock! "This is the first marriage I've ever seen that started out with a spanking!" I think maybe Mark and Natalie are going to have a marriage that starts out with a spanking too! One thing for sure: if he proposes again right after he's done, I don't think she's going to be indecisive about her answer anymore!

I love your latest panel and I'm looking forward to more of the story! :D :D :D :D
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hmmm... Say, Phil, I don't know what this says about ME... but when I spank a girl, I never order her to call me "Sir." They always just call me Dan, or some other term. :)

In fact, the one and only time that a spankee called me Sir, she was one of the "working girls" at a spanking parlor I used to visit, in the San Fernando Valley. I guess it was an accepted part of her trade, that she should call the man Sir. But I quickly disabused her of that notion. I said: "Call me Dan." And she did... and we developed a friendship that lasted for several years.

This fellow "Mark" in your latest story must be schooled in that branch of spanking that dictates specific qualities and attributes, rules for those who engage in such pursuits. I suppose that, at some level, some of your readers will nod in agreement with this. To each his own. :?:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Natalie wanted Mark to "take charge" and now he's doing just that. You might even say he's "laying down the law". She obviously wasn't expecting him to be this much in control... and now it looks like she wants to back out. But I don't see that he has the option of letting her back out. If he does, he'll forever be weak in her eyes.
hi Boom,

you're right! Natalie did indeed want Mark to take charge but she didn't have ANY of this in mind :lol: . i also think that Natalie "thinks" she wants to back out but even that may change as things progress. as you remarked, she DOES want him to take charge ;) . besides, right now it's probably hard for her to analyze the volume of the sensations she's got coming in and i'm not sure she knows what she wants right now 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:There's a line from McLintock! "This is the first marriage I've ever seen that started out with a spanking!" I think maybe Mark and Natalie are going to have a marriage that starts out with a spanking too! One thing for sure: if he proposes again right after he's done, I don't think she's going to be indecisive about her answer anymore!
i can see that you're thinking forward about all this which i doubt Natalie is at this point :lol: . i will say that i have a hunch that the spanking that she's about to get will definitely end her indecisiveness........one way or another ;) .
hugob00m wrote:I love your latest panel and I'm looking forward to more of the story! :D :D :D :D
i'm glad you're enjoying the story and this latest pic :D . thanks for your comments. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Hmmm... Say, Phil, I don't know what this says about ME... but when I spank a girl, I never order her to call me "Sir." They always just call me Dan, or some other term. :)
hi Dan,

well, actually, i never have the girl call me sir either but to some folks it's part of the ritual..........part of the transfer of control to the spanker. this ritual is used, as is the announcement of the spanking, to set the tone of the spanking and to bring forth emotional responses from the spankee. i used having her call him sir, as well as setting down the rules for the spanking, for the same purpose here.......just as Mark might have actually done. i wanted to see just what thoughts and emotions all this might bring forth.........especially in Natalie. all these emotions can be pretty powerful and you can see them having an increasing effect on Natalie........or at least that was my intention.
daneldorado wrote: In fact, the one and only time that a spankee called me Sir, she was one of the "working girls" at a spanking parlor I used to visit, in the San Fernando Valley. I guess it was an accepted part of her trade, that she should call the man Sir. But I quickly disabused her of that notion. I said: "Call me Dan." And she did... and we developed a friendship that lasted for several years.
i have to figure that the girl you are talking about was calling you sir because she thought it was expected. i also think the situation with Natalie and Mark is quite different than your visit to the spanking parlor. Mark is trying to establish his dominance in this situation, which is a new experience for both of them.
daneldorado wrote: This fellow "Mark" in your latest story must be schooled in that branch of spanking that dictates specific qualities and attributes, rules for those who engage in such pursuits. I suppose that, at some level, some of your readers will nod in agreement with this. To each his own. :?:

Cheers,
Dan
it does seem that Mark has some previous experience as a spanker, or at least has been around spanking some. i think you hit the nail right on the head when you said, " to each his own". to some folks the ritual is an integral and important of a spanking. to others it is ridiculous or anything in between ;) . interesting comments and good fodder for discussion. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #6

Post by web-ed »

The center of attention in this latest installment seems to be Natalie's expression, which is still too pouty for Mark's taste. But there's also some visual interest and a sense of anticipation in their relative positions, with Natalie poised to fit perfectly over Mark's knee. This is probably the moment of greatest tension for the spankee-to-be, as she knows she's about to be turned over and once that happens, it's all over :) . It's a critical moment, and worth expending a panel on.

Now as to the spankee having to refer to the spanker as "sir": while it certainly doesn't need to be a part of every spanking, there are two situations in which I feel this is absolutely appropriate. The first is the true disciplinary scene, in which the spankee is receiving real discipline for an actual infraction (consuming junk food, failure to use seat belt, partying instead of studying, etc.). In such cases the spankee has generally already agreed to be disciplined because she wants to improve some area of her life, and it is entirely fitting that she show her respect for her disciplinarian by addressing him as "sir".

The second situation is more complex psychologically. There are women who need to submit but have a lot of trouble doing so. The desire to get spanked is too powerful for them to resist, yet they have trouble giving up control even though this is what they crave. This is not the same thing as "bratting", but the spanker must be as unflinching when dealing with these "reluctant" Subs as he is with the brats. Basically, the Top must "force" the woman to give up control by any means necessary. Any resistance on her part must be met with more spanking until defiance turns into compliance. I find a bending-over paddling most useful here, as being forced to bend over and present her bottom emphasizes the spankee's subordinate position. But addressing the spanker as "sir" is immensely helpful also because it puts the spankee in a properly submissive frame of mind - in short, it underscores just exactly who the boss is. ;)

And speaking of assuming the position, I'm eager to see Natalie drop her drawers and get into position over Mark's knee, which I assume will happen next time.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:The center of attention in this latest installment seems to be Natalie's expression, which is still too pouty for Mark's taste. But there's also some visual interest and a sense of anticipation in their relative positions, with Natalie poised to fit perfectly over Mark's knee. This is probably the moment of greatest tension for the spankee-to-be, as she knows she's about to be turned over and once that happens, it's all over :) . It's a critical moment, and worth expending a panel on.
hi web-ed,

her expression is part of what i was trying to depict in this one. you mentioned their positions and the sense of anticipation and i think that's all part of it. if you notice, this pic is shot from farther back than some of the others so you can see the entire scene and that is what my focus was. i wanted to show all of both of them, their positions, body language, her expression etc. i had one spankee comment that this pic didn't need any dialog because it was obvious what was going on just from the pic :D .
web-ed wrote: The second situation is more complex psychologically. There are women who need to submit but have a lot of trouble doing so. The desire to get spanked is too powerful for them to resist, yet they have trouble giving up control even though this is what they crave. This is not the same thing as "bratting", but the spanker must be as unflinching when dealing with these "reluctant" Subs as he is with the brats. Basically, the Top must "force" the woman to give up control by any means necessary. Any resistance on her part must be met with more spanking until defiance turns into compliance. I find a bending-over paddling most useful here, as being forced to bend over and present her bottom emphasizes the spankee's subordinate position. But addressing the spanker as "sir" is immensely helpful also because it puts the spankee in a properly submissive frame of mind - in short, it underscores just exactly who the boss is. ;)
you have interesting comments about her calling him sir. i don't think either situation exactly describes this situation though. i covered some of this in my reply to Dan but i do think Mark is using this as a device to help establish his dominance and help with the transfer of control since this is the first time he'll be spanking her............and the first time for him to take charge ;) ..........and, as you said, it puts her in a submissive frame of mind and underscores who is boss 8-) .
web-ed wrote: And speaking of assuming the position, I'm eager to see Natalie drop her drawers and get into position over Mark's knee, which I assume will happen next time.
she will be pushing those panties down next time :D . it will still be a while before she goes OTK though as Mark still has some lecturing and laying down the law to finish first 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now those emotions are flowing
now those emotions are flowing
007.jpg (327.23 KiB) Viewed 3946 times
hi everyone,

apparently, Natalie is finding the flood of emotions she's now having to be a bit confusing and embarrassing................not to mention surprising 8-) . i hope you all enjoy it. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #7

Post by web-ed »

O.K. - we've come in for a closer shot of the pair as the lecture continues, which is fine as we needed a longer shot last time when it looked like Natalie was about to get taken over Mark's knee. I don't think Natalie's body language here could be improved upon, as you can see how difficult it is for her to pull her panties down (nice guy that I am, I often spare my spankee this difficulty by taking down her panties myself ;) ). Now as to Natalie's expression, I can't point out any particular problem, but something about her face seems very slightly off. Since I can't quite nail it down, it can't be a big deal - perhaps it's that the shape of her mouth as she frowns is almost too perfect geometrically, or a slight angle of the eyes or eyebrows.

There is still some question as to what type of spanking this is going to be, but the extended lecture is characteristic of a disciplinary session (and incidentally, a good pre-spanking lecture is strongly desired by some spankees). I think you have in mind more of an "establishment" spanking in which the male establishes his dominance over the female since Natalie hasn't done anything "wrong", although I could point to her stubborn refusal to explain her behavior to Mark as a kind of spankable offense. I'm inclined to think the ambiguity here is the result of the inherent D/S element within a disciplinary context, which of course is also why so many women find that even a hint of discipline increases the excitement of being spanked.

I wanted to write a bit more, but I only had about three hours' sleep and I'm too tired now.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:O.K. - we've come in for a closer shot of the pair as the lecture continues, which is fine as we needed a longer shot last time when it looked like Natalie was about to get taken over Mark's knee. I don't think Natalie's body language here could be improved upon, as you can see how difficult it is for her to pull her panties down (nice guy that I am, I often spare my spankee this difficulty by taking down her panties myself ;) ).
hi web-ed,

i liked your comment about Natalie's body language :D . this shot was designed to show her embarrassment at having to pull her panties down in front of him as well as her general humiliation and disbelief at the flood of emotions she's feeling right now ;) . the fact that she's still holding on to her panties and has to be told that to let go of them does indeed indicate how difficult this is for her 8-) . i too am a nice guy and often lower my spankee's panties for her too :lol: . in this particular situation i felt like having her do it herself would be more effective.
web-ed wrote: Now as to Natalie's expression, I can't point out any particular problem, but something about her face seems very slightly off. Since I can't quite nail it down, it can't be a big deal - perhaps it's that the shape of her mouth as she frowns is almost too perfect geometrically, or a slight angle of the eyes or eyebrows.
i have gone back and studied her expression again but i guess i don't see what you have noticed. i thought the expression went well with her pose and that the 2 together pretty much told the story of what is going on here. as a matter of fact, i kind of thought this pic could have stood by itself, without any dialog. if you do manage to nail it down, i'd appreciate it if you'd pass it along to me. that's the kind of comments that are helpful and i usually try to save that information for future reference when doing other pics.
web-ed wrote:There is still some question as to what type of spanking this is going to be, but the extended lecture is characteristic of a disciplinary session (and incidentally, a good pre-spanking lecture is strongly desired by some spankees). I think you have in mind more of an "establishment" spanking in which the male establishes his dominance over the female since Natalie hasn't done anything "wrong", although I could point to her stubborn refusal to explain her behavior to Mark as a kind of spankable offense. I'm inclined to think the ambiguity here is the result of the inherent D/S element within a disciplinary context, which of course is also why so many women find that even a hint of discipline increases the excitement of being spanked.
your comment about him establishing his dominance is exactly what i had in mind here. that's one reason he is going with so much ritual and such a long lecture. it is still a punishment spanking though because Mark considers her stubborn refusal to explain her behavior, and his resulting frustration, as a perfectly valid reason for a spanking. in fact, it's a pet peeve of his. i know that because i had a former girl friend who did this kind of crap to me and it's one of MY pet peeves :lol: . i thought your analysis of all this was interesting.............and more in depth than what i had thought about. you have a way of analyzing these situations and then condensing the results into just a few words.............which is a talent i lack. i found your comments about the pre spanking lecture being desired by some spankees and discipline increasing the excitement to be particularly interesting since i hadn't consciously considered any of this but these elements will be showing up at various points as we go along in the story ;) . i have 4 pics done that have yet to be posted and have thought much farther ahead than that and the elements you mention here are already in the works. with a bit of luck, hopefully all this will coalesce and become less ambiguous at the toon progresses. also, hopefully, you'll continue to enjoy it :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie seems to find Mark's lecture to be a bit unnerving
Natalie seems to find Mark's lecture to be a bit unnerving
008.jpg (333.03 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
hi everyone,

Mark is still laying down the law to Natalie.............and taking full advantage of the situation :D . Natalie, on the other hand seems to be getting a little frantic do to her apprehension.............and "other" sensations 8-) . whether he knows it or not, Mark's taking full advantage of that too ;) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Ahhhh! We, the audience finally get a good look at... we might say... the TARGET AREA! The part of Natalie that is soon to be the center of attention! Mark continues to lecture her, but she seems distracted by the thought of how exposed she is! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Is anyone going to see her? Yes! The audience! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love the way this story is going, and you have become the new master of suspense for your fans at C.S.R.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Ahhhh! We, the audience finally get a good look at... we might say... the TARGET AREA! The part of Natalie that is soon to be the center of attention! Mark continues to lecture her, but she seems distracted by the thought of how exposed she is! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Is anyone going to see her? Yes! The audience! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love the way this story is going, and you have become the new master of suspense for your fans at C.S.R.
hi Boom,

yes, it's been a long road so far but we are indeed getting a look at that "center of attention" and we'll be seeing more and more of it as we go along ;) . i don't think Natalie is aware of our viewing audience but she does seem to have some concerns about someone "becoming" an audience :lol: . i'm glad you're enjoying the story :D . hopefully it will still have a few surprises as we go along ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Like b00m, I was waiting for the moment when we got our first glimpse of the "target area" and am not disappointed now that it's arrived. That's one fine-looking fanny! :) I really feel like we're standing right there in the room (a tribute to the art in this panel) and I'd like to think we're somehow contributing to Natalie's embarrassment. Speaking of which, her embarrassment is what Natalie is most aware of, because in women that is the strongest emotion at a time like that. But you have succeeded in conveying that she's also a little aroused by the situation even though she doesn't realize it, much less understand the reason for it. I'm sure you'll have her self-understanding increase as the session progresses. I'm betting that we'll also find out why she's been putting Mark off all this time.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Like b00m, I was waiting for the moment when we got our first glimpse of the "target area" and am not disappointed now that it's arrived. That's one fine-looking fanny! :)
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . i know it's been a while coming but i thought it was necessary in order to adequately tell the story.......and hopefully it was worth the wait 8-) .
web-ed wrote:I really feel like we're standing right there in the room (a tribute to the art in this panel) and I'd like to think we're somehow contributing to Natalie's embarrassment.
i thought this was a very interesting comment and, i have to admit, not something i had thought about. i went back and took another look at it after reading your comment and it does look like it might be from the vantage point of an onlooker...........now all i have to do is figure out how to do it again :lol: . this camera angle does allow us to get "up close and personal" so perhaps that's what's causing that effect. anyway, i appreciate the compliment :D . one of the great things about such pics is that it is always in the "eye" of the viewer so you're free to contribute to Natalie's embarrassment 8-) .
web-ed wrote:Speaking of which, her embarrassment is what Natalie is most aware of, because in women that is the strongest emotion at a time like that. B
i agree with you here and from the comments i've gotten so do at least some of the spankees i have heard from who have basically mentioned that they feel the embarrassment and submission more than anything at this point ;) .
web-ed wrote:But you have succeeded in conveying that she's also a little aroused by the situation even though she doesn't realize it, much less understand the reason for it. I'm sure you'll have her self-understanding increase as the session progresses. I'm betting that we'll also find out why she's been putting Mark off all this time.
this is also something that my spankee friends have mentioned although, all but one of them had to be prompted before they mentioned it. i was pleased with your comment though :D . i did a lot of work to get the dialog just right and actually re did it more than once. it turned out to be difficult to indicate that she was getting sexually excited but wasn't sure what was going on or at least was having trouble accepting it. thanks for your comments. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie forgets to call Mark Sir!
Natalie forgets to call Mark Sir!
009.jpg (221.52 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
hi everyone,

UH-OH! the time has come!..........and that's not Natalie's only problem 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, you have done a magnificent job of "setting the scene." You did say, in the beginning of this story, that we would not see any real spanking until panel no.10. Now we are at no. 9, so I guess all your fans are licking their lips in anticipation of the NEXT PANEL!

One little thing bothers me, and because you know me and have read many of my posts, I'm pretty sure you know what that is. In your panel no. 008, we read Mark saying to Natalie:

"...consider just how embarrassed you'll be... when you're over my lap... and you really ARE...exposed!"

Well, that's a red flag. Natalie is already standing there, buck naked except for her top, and we can see everything. So when you add that when she's over his knee she will be "really" exposed, I'm pretty sure that means it will be "OB-GYN" time. Web-ed has often mentioned my aversion to female "exposure," so if your story proceeds as I suspect it will, I'll probably skip it.

No offense intended Phil, as you know I admire your drawing style and I will testify that you have gotten much better with it over time. Still can't beat your classic, "One Good Turn," which I revisit often. There was plenty of good spanking action in that one, and not one single example of "exposure."

Guess I'll see you on the other side.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #9

Post by web-ed »

Well, the moment of truth is at hand - and I do mean "at hand" - for Natalie! It's probably just as well as I don't think the poor girl could take too much more waiting. Our vantage point this time makes us aware, as Natalie is, of how far her upper body will have to be lowered to raise up her hips into spanking position. I was especially pleased that Natalie has already earned penalty swats with the paddle before her spanking has even begun! :D

I know Dan is worried about "exposure" as I call it, but in this panel Natalie's groin area is obscured by the placement of Mark's leg, and it's certainly possible that depending on the angles you choose for the spanking itself there won't be any exposure. To me, it doesn't much matter as I only dislike exposure when it's obviously gratuitous and also done in a vulgar way, and I know that won't be the case here.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed wrote:

To me, it doesn't much matter as I only dislike exposure when it's obviously gratuitous and also done in a vulgar way,

Exactly.

Cheers,
Dan