An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
willjohn

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by willjohn »

Does this bloke ever shut up? When does he start smacking her arse and putting her out of her misery? :evil:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, you have done a magnificent job of "setting the scene." You did say, in the beginning of this story, that we would not see any real spanking until panel no.10. Now we are at no. 9, so I guess all your fans are licking their lips in anticipation of the NEXT PANEL!
hi Dan,

I'm glad you've enjoyed the "set up" :D i won't always take this much time with it but thought it was a good idea in this case and it's an area that is overlooked in much spanking art even though it's an important part of the spanking process.
daneldorado wrote:One little thing bothers me, and because you know me and have read many of my posts, I'm pretty sure you know what that is. In your panel no. 008, we read Mark saying to Natalie:

"...consider just how embarrassed you'll be... when you're over my lap... and you really ARE...exposed!"

Well, that's a red flag. Natalie is already standing there, buck naked except for her top, and we can see everything. So when you add that when she's over his knee she will be "really" exposed, I'm pretty sure that means it will be "OB-GYN" time. Web-ed has often mentioned my aversion to female "exposure," so if your story proceeds as I suspect it will, I'll probably skip it.
i do indeed know your preferences in this matter and to tell you the truth, i was wondering how you'd react to pic #7 i posted a couple weeks ago where Natalie is lowering her panties. i don't think you commented on that one so i'm assuming you were ok with the frontal nudity which i showed because i thought it was necessary in order to depict her humiliation. in this particular case, i think maybe you've read something in to the dialog that i hadn't intended. Mark's comment that you quoted was just intended as further embarrassment for Natalie and to give her something else to think about......not that she needed anything else to think about. i don't have any plans to deliberately cause any exposure to occur during this toon. that's not to say that it might not happen anyway. as you know, i have no problem with some exposure and will allow it if the camera angle and position of Natalie that i think best depicts the scene causes some i want. there also might be scenarios, in some toons, in which i think some exposure would be necessary but i don't have any current plans for that in this toon.
daneldorado wrote:No offense intended Phil, as you know I admire your drawing style and I will testify that you have gotten much better with it over time. Still can't beat your classic, "One Good Turn," which I revisit often. There was plenty of good spanking action in that one, and not one single example of "exposure."

Guess I'll see you on the other side.

Cheers,
Dan
none taken. we all have different tastes in spanking art and no 2 people can overlap all the time. one of these days i may have to revisit Jennifer and Sara Ann to see if i can repeat my success ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well, the moment of truth is at hand - and I do mean "at hand" - for Natalie! It's probably just as well as I don't think the poor girl could take too much more waiting. Our vantage point this time makes us aware, as Natalie is, of how far her upper body will have to be lowered to raise up her hips into spanking position. I was especially pleased that Natalie has already earned penalty swats with the paddle before her spanking has even begun! :D
hi web-ed,

well, i did stretch the "preliminaries" out pretty far in this one and i'm sure everyone will be quite ready for the spanking to begin. i have it on good authority that girls waiting for a spanking to start really do have all these feelings running around in their minds........and in the pits of their stomachs :lol: . i personally liked this camera angle where Natalie is looking at that far away lap that she'll be over i a few seconds 8-) . i liked your comment about the paddle swats too :D . not only something else for her to dread but perhaps also a preview of coming attractions ;) .
web-ed wrote: I know Dan is worried about "exposure" as I call it, but in this panel Natalie's groin area is obscured by the placement of Mark's leg, and it's certainly possible that depending on the angles you choose for the spanking itself there won't be any exposure. To me, it doesn't much matter as I only dislike exposure when it's obviously gratuitous and also done in a vulgar way, and I know that won't be the case here.
i covered some of this in my reply to Dan and as you already know, i will allow or use exposure depending on the situation, i personally have no problem with it and i have some viewers who request such shots. even when i do them, i like them to be as tasteful as possible and dislike the vulgar shots you mention. after all, that's NOT supposed to be the center of attention. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Does this bloke ever shut up? When does he start smacking her arse and putting her out of her misery? :evil:
hi Willjohn,

she will be OTK in the next pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Overbarrel wrote:

i do indeed know your preferences in this matter and to tell you the truth, i was wondering how you'd react to pic #7 i posted a couple weeks ago where Natalie is lowering her panties. i don't think you commented on that one so i'm assuming you were ok with the frontal nudity which i showed because i thought it was necessary in order to depict her humiliation.

Yes, I saw your panel no. 7, but I didn't think to complain about the nudity because it is not unlike many Renaissance nudes we have seen. There are many such paintings that do depict full-frontal, but not in a salacious way. That era also produced several male nudes, but never do they show an erect penis. That would be crossing the line. In a similar way, female nudity was accepted as long as it was not presented in a lewd way, as it would certainly do if the lady's legs were spread apart, her organs fully on display, and covered with pubic hair.

That said, I do feel like echoing one of your fans, willjohn, who presented his case in this way:

"Does this bloke ever shut up? When does he start smacking her arse and putting her out of her misery?"

Like Web-ed and others, I do appreciate that you took the time, with this one story, to provide a lot of "foreplay." But I think it's time to show us some action.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

last chance for Natalie to think it over
last chance for Natalie to think it over
010.jpg (324.88 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
hi everyone,

Natalie seems to be a bit overwhelmed and a little distressed as Mark explains exactly how things are gonna be 8-) . i hope you all enjoy the new pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Yes Phil, we DO appreciate your new picture, in which we finally get to see Natalie in a proper spanking position, i.e., over the knees of her lover, Mark.

The positioning is perfect, one of the best-positioned OTKs I've ever seen. But I see that you've decided to emulate your friend and ours, hugo b00m. As you know, b00m routinely delivers spank pics in his OTKatie stories where the sheer volume of words (dialogue balloons) threaten to crowd the spanking picture clean off the page! Your newest panel seems to be an "homage" to that style of drawing. ;)

Phil... your latest picture is lovely; as I say, it is one of the best positioned toons I've ever seen. Maybe you would like to correct a misspelled word? I think "dererve" should probably be "deserve."

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Yes Phil, we DO appreciate your new picture, in which we finally get to see Natalie in a proper spanking position, i.e., over the knees of her lover, Mark.

The positioning is perfect, one of the best-positioned OTKs I've ever seen.
hi Dan,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view in this pic :D . i know it's been a long time coming but i personally thought the trip to get here was worth the wait. thanks for the compliment on the OTK position. i always try to get these as good as i can and it's nice to know you think i succeeded so well on this one. as you know, i usually like to have the spankee in a dress but that wouldn't work in this case. it's more difficult to get that OTK position just right without the dress because it covers much of the area of contact between the spanker and the spankee. that fact made your comment even more pleasing for me to hear :D .
daneldorado wrote: But I see that you've decided to emulate your friend and ours, hugo b00m. As you know, b00m routinely delivers spank pics in his OTKatie stories where the sheer volume of words (dialogue balloons) threaten to crowd the spanking picture clean off the page! Your newest panel seems to be an "homage" to that style of drawing. ;)

yeah, there are definitely too many words on the pic.................or at least more than i like to use. i really don't like to have the dialog crowding the picture but i was trying to show Natalie's rising panic and inability to think and this is the way it turned out. i did give this one, and most of the others i've posted so far in this toon, a lot of thought. i changed the original dialog and re changed it and there was still too many words but i decided to leave it this way in the interest of trying to depict her feelings in this matter................sigh. you are not the only one to mention this. Dave Wolfe, who is a close friend and an artist that i highly respect, made pretty much the same comment about one of the earlier pics in this toon and i have to say that i agree with both of you on this. i was just unable to avoid it. you'll be happy to know that this will be coming to an end now that the spanking is starting since Natalie will have less time to think about all this since she will have "more immediate" concerns :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:Phil... your latest picture is lovely; as I say, it is one of the best positioned toons I've ever seen. Maybe you would like to correct a misspelled word? I think "dererve" should probably be "deserve."

Cheers,
shit! as i said, i've been over and over the dialog in these pics and i still missed a typo :oops: . thanks for your comments and i'm glad you enjoyed the pic :D . phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #10

Post by web-ed »

Well, there may be a lot of words in this panel, but the most important thing is the OTK positioning, which is great! I'm really enjoying looking at it about as much as Mark is enjoying the prospect of smacking that gorgeous bare bottom of Natalie's - satisfaction at last! :) .

Now as to the relative verbosity: it can be very difficult to get the balance right, with just enough words in a panel and not too many, even for those familiar with the medium and who are paying close attention to this problem (as they should be). Now when you're an artist-writer, as you are, you may seemingly have less of an excuse as you almost certainly have the art completed before lettering the dialogue, although in theory you could write the thing first. Even that's no guarantee: I had a good deal of trouble with my first comics script because of course since I can't draw the book had to be done script-first, and anyway I think that's the right way to do it. Despite being fully aware of the dangers of overwriting, there was just a little too much dialogue to comfortably fit in many of the panels, and I was the one laying them out (that is, I described the panel breakdowns as part of the script although I didn't produce actual page roughs) so I really had no one to blame but myself.

I wouldn't worry about it too much here, though: once the spanking really gets going it simply won't matter how many words (or panels) it took to get there.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well, there may be a lot of words in this panel, but the most important thing is the OTK positioning, which is great! I'm really enjoying looking at it about as much as Mark is enjoying the prospect of smacking that gorgeous bare bottom of Natalie's - satisfaction at last! :) .
hi web-ed,

yep! Mark will INDEED be having some satisfaction at last 8-) . i'm glad you enjoyed the view in this one and thanks for the compliment on the OTK positioning :D as i was telling Dan, with Poser, it is more difficult without that dress to hide any problems.
web-ed wrote:Now as to the relative verbosity: it can be very difficult to get the balance right, with just enough words in a panel and not too many, even for those familiar with the medium and who are paying close attention to this problem (as they should be). Now when you're an artist-writer, as you are, you may seemingly have less of an excuse as you almost certainly have the art completed before lettering the dialogue, although in theory you could write the thing first. Even that's no guarantee: I had a good deal of trouble with my first comics script because of course since I can't draw the book had to be done script-first, and anyway I think that's the right way to do it. Despite being fully aware of the dangers of overwriting, there was just a little too much dialogue to comfortably fit in many of the panels, and I was the one laying them out (that is, I described the panel breakdowns as part of the script although I didn't produce actual page roughs) so I really had no one to blame but myself.
i think you hit the nail right on the head with your term "artist-writer" for what i do. while i do spend a lot of time on the pics themselves, my toons are always trying to tell a story and the stories often require me to use more words than i would like. either that or do twice as many pics and i don't think anyone wants that..........especially in a toon like this one where our naughty spankee isn't even OTK until panel 10. i do have the pics done before i start trying to add words to them although i usually do give it all some thought as i am posing the pics. that's especially true if it's a pic where i want to be close to the action rather than having the camera farther back to show the whole scene. i have to have it far enough back to allow room for the words i'm thinking about. in a very few cases i know exactly what i want to say beforehand but most of the time the words aren't finalized until i am actually adding them to the pic. i spend a lot of time thinking and adjusting as i am adding them to the pic. when i start a toon, i usually have a pretty good idea of how the story is going to go but i never write it all out before starting. much of that comes because i have a tendency to change things as i go along and many of those changes come about because of comments made by viewers along the way. just about every toon gets some changes because a viewer makes a comment and their comment gives me an idea that is better than my original plan. i guess the best example is my toon "One Good Turn" which Dan is fond of commenting on. Sara Ann was not in the original plan for the toon but when Jennifer wrote and told me that her mom was just a naughty as she was and needed a good spanking too, i changed the original plan. in the current toon, it was a comment from one of the male viewers that caused me to have Natalie take her own panties down. you're right! it IS hard to balance. i spend a lot of time thinking about it because i know i tend to be wordy. sometimes i succeed better than others.

web-ed wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much here, though: once the spanking really gets going it simply won't matter how many words (or panels) it took to get there.
thanks :D . btw, once the spanking really gets going, Natalie won't be doing so much thinking..................except about what's happening to her bottom end :lol: . phil
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add hyphen to match updated quoted post; repair BBC
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

is that a bit of panic i see on Natalie's face?
is that a bit of panic i see on Natalie's face?
011.jpg (249.45 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Mark and Natalie are both having quite a strong reaction to that "oh, so satisfying" first swat 8-) . i hope you enjoy the spanking that we have finally arrived at :lol: . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Oh dear Lord, that first swat looks like the real thing. Natalie is now experiencing what I hope will be only the start of a memorable spanking. The OTK positioning here is perfection defined.

I do hope that Mark's tumescence will not explode too soon, for that might deprive us of a satisfactorily lengthy spanking. Nataie's secret thoughts (spelled out for us here) indicate that she is now beginning to realize what she is in for. I don't like wordy dialogue, but here the lady is letting us know her feelings, and they are just what we spankos like to hear. "He's s-s-s-spanking me! He's so much stronger than I am! His will is so strong and I feel so...GULP! Weak! It's so scary! and so... GASP! EXCITING!..."

Exciting is right, Natalie. And all those other things, too.

Good show, Phil. Hope we will be seeing more panels like this... from ALL angles. 8-) (Except for that revolting "exposure" angle that some artists seem to think is mandatory.)

You mentioned that I often comment on your magnum opus, the "One Good Turn" story you gave to the spanking world not long ago. Thinking about it just now, with "Alternate Proposal" before us, I get that the two stories could not be more dissimilar. Yes, they both deal with M/F OTK spankings (the good stuff! :lol: ), but in the first one, the spanker is father and grandfather to the ladies he deals with. There is of NO sexuality involved. Those spankings were very exciting to us, but they are more disciplinary spankings than anything else. Here, in "Alternate Proposal," yes of course Mark can insist that he is merely "disciplining" his Natalie, but the needle on the old "sexuality" meter is much higher than in the first story. It is very much to your credit that you are gloriously adept at authoring both kinds.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Oh dear Lord, that first swat looks like the real thing. Natalie is now experiencing what I hope will be only the start of a memorable spanking. The OTK positioning here is perfection defined.
hi Dan,

i enjoyed your comment that the first swat looks like the real thing :D . it's difficult for me to capture that sort of action and it's nice to know you think i succeeded. thanks too for the compliment on the OTK position. so often, the comments i get are about the dialog or the story but i spend a lot of time on the pics too and i appreciate comments about them too :D . i too hope it's gonna be a memorable spanking for both Natalie and Mark..........that's certainly my intention 8-) .
daneldorado wrote:I do hope that Mark's tumescence will not explode too soon, for that might deprive us of a satisfactorily lengthy spanking. Nataie's secret thoughts (spelled out for us here) indicate that she is now beginning to realize what she is in for. I don't like wordy dialogue, but here the lady is letting us know her feelings, and they are just what we spankos like to hear. "He's s-s-s-spanking me! He's so much stronger than I am! His will is so strong and I feel so...GULP! Weak! It's so scary! and so... GASP! EXCITING!..."

Exciting is right, Natalie. And all those other things, too.
i was kind of drawing on my own past experience for Mark's thoughts here so, if my own experiences are any indication, Mark should make it through the spanking without any explosions at inappropriate moments although.............he might have to deal with quite a bit of throbbing at times :lol: . I'm glad you liked her thoughts too. i was trying to indicate that panic rising as these realizations flood her mind and she frantically tries to think 8-) . as you mentioned, "exciting and all those other things"................just the kinds of things that might make a spanking memorable for both of them............along with the actual spanking, of course :D .
daneldorado wrote:Good show, Phil. Hope we will be seeing more panels like this... from ALL angles. 8-) (Except for that revolting "exposure" angle that some artists seem to think is mandatory.)
we will be having a string of OTK spanking panels, starting with this one. i know it's been a while coming but the spanking has actually begun now :lol: . i tired shooting this pic from several angles but i liked the low camera angle on this one because i thought it best captured the action of the scene. as is my habit, there will be other angles as we go along depending on what i am trying to depict and hopefully you'll enjoy most of them too.
daneldorado wrote:You mentioned that I often comment on your magnum opus, the "One Good Turn" story you gave to the spanking world not long ago. Thinking about it just now, with "Alternate Proposal" before us, I get that the two stories could not be more dissimilar. Yes, they both deal with M/F OTK spankings (the good stuff! :lol: ), but in the first one, the spanker is father and grandfather to the ladies he deals with. There is of NO sexuality involved. Those spankings were very exciting to us, but they are more disciplinary spankings than anything else. Here, in "Alternate Proposal," yes of course Mark can insist that he is merely "disciplining" his Natalie, but the needle on the old "sexuality" meter is much higher than in the first story. It is very much to your credit that you are gloriously adept at authoring both kinds.

Cheers,
Dan
good observation!. i couldn't agree more that the 2 stories couldn't be more dissimilar. you seem suspicious that Mark has other motives that just disciplining Natalie :lol: again, good observation 8-) . thanks for your comment that i am adept at both kinds of stories. it's probably because i think both kinds of stories make for great fantasies :D ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #11

Post by web-ed »

So the spanking begins with a moment-of-impact shot - well, that's o.k. with me! Obviously, this is Natalie's first adult spanking - I think we'd already guessed that, but it's confirmed here as she finds herself giving way before the power of his superior will. It's less clear whether Mark has had any prior spanking experience with other girl friends - he doesn't directly say so, but he seems pretty confident and capable of handling any resistance or other surprises he gets from Natalie. I think few of us could claim as much when we were young and just setting out on our spanking careers - I can think of a couple of times in which I found myself unprepared for a woman's reaction when I told her to turn over my knee or even when I began to spank her. One difficulty that I don't think Mark will face is the unexpected, stubborn resistance that some women - even deeply submissive women - sometimes put up. It's much easier when the spanking session starts with the woman already in a compliant mood, ready to obey all instructions.

I like Natalie's expression here, but I must admit I'm really looking forward to a future panel in which the sting is getting to her - in other words, a "Yee-owww!" moment :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So the spanking begins with a moment-of-impact shot - well, that's o.k. with me! Obviously, this is Natalie's first adult spanking - I think we'd already guessed that, but it's confirmed here as she finds herself giving way before the power of his superior will. It's less clear whether Mark has had any prior spanking experience with other girl friends - he doesn't directly say so, but he seems pretty confident and capable of handling any resistance or other surprises he gets from Natalie. I think few of us could claim as much when we were young and just setting out on our spanking careers - I can think of a couple of times in which I found myself unprepared for a woman's reaction when I told her to turn over my knee or even when I began to spank her. One difficulty that I don't think Mark will face is the unexpected, stubborn resistance that some women - even deeply submissive women - sometimes put up. It's much easier when the spanking session starts with the woman already in a compliant mood, ready to obey all instructions.
hi web-ed,

it is indeed Natalie's first adult spanking as you noted. as she indicated in the earlier panels, she didn't see this coming. that's one of the things that happens when naughty girls go too long between spankings :lol: . my old high school girl friend didn't have to worry about this happening to her though since her dad kept right on spanking her, college girl or not, until she got married 8-) . too bad Natalie's dad didn't think of that. as you noted, i didn't directly say how much experience Mark has as a spanker but i will say that he obviously had a plan in mind! once he made up his mind to give Natalie a spanking, he was determined to see it though. besides, any man worth his salt would certainly have spanked his girl friends along the way ;) . i agree with your observations about Mark not encountering much resistance from Natalie. i think the way he took charge right from the beginning surprised Natalie and caused her feelings of submission to surface..........even though she might not realize it yet. i have a hunch by getting off to a good start like this, Mark will be able to handle any bit of resistance she might have left 8-) . i also agree with you that most of us didn't start out totally prepared to give spankings. i can remember making such mistakes in my younger days and wishing i had done things differently. we live and learn though ;) .
web-ed wrote: I like Natalie's expression here, but I must admit I'm really looking forward to a future panel in which the sting is getting to her - in other words, a "Yee-owww!" moment :lol: !
those panels will definitely be coming up :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now she's squirming
now she's squirming
012.jpg (301.66 KiB) Viewed 4257 times
hi everyone,

don't you just love the squirming a spankee does at the beginning of a spanking :D . it can have some interesting "side effects" too 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #12

Post by web-ed »

Well, it's hardly a secret that there's nothing I like better than seeing a naughty girl's red bare bottom (government agencies need not bother recording this post), so of course this latest addition was certain to please me. But let's see if we can't dig a little deeper.

From the psychological angle, our progress is as we should have expected: both Natalie and Mark are becoming somewhat aroused, while Natalie has the additional problem of coping with the sting and heat which are gradually building up. This leads us to the biggest artistic problem to be solved: Natalie's kicking has involved some hip abduction on her right side. Now I would assume (given the OTK position) that it is easiest to draw the thighs and buttocks when they are in perfect alignment, i.e. no hip abduction, adduction, flexion, or extension. [It may be recalled that I sometimes criticized Bill Ward for depicting a kicking spankee through hip flexion, which pulls the buttocks out of alignment and makes it impossible to smack them both evenly at the same time, as with a large paddle (although the hand-spanker can still work side to side)]. Hip abduction, as you chose here, does not cause that problem even for the paddler, and certainly not for Mark's hand. It is in fact fairly common practice when paddling to make the spankee assume a wide stance with feet more than shoulder width apart before bending over, which is basically equal hip abduction on both sides and which has the effect of preventing her from clenching at an earlier stage of bending, i.e. even before she's reached the halfway point or 90 degrees, as well as providing a superb target.

But - the artist then has to cope with drawing the buttocks in this position. Examining this portion of Natalie's anatomy carefully (for official art-critic purposes, of course ;) ), I see that the right side looks a little smaller than the left. Yet measuring from top to bottom (of the bottom), the distances appear identical (check), so I conclude that this is mere illusion due to the lighting (the shadow-line falls just about where the right buttock starts to curve around and become the right hip). Therefore, Phil, I think you've got this most difficult part of the composition right. And as I'm sure willjohn would say, now that we've got that straightened out, continue smacking her arse, mate! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well, it's hardly a secret that there's nothing I like better than seeing a naughty girl's red bare bottom (government agencies need not bother recording this post), so of course this latest addition was certain to please me. But let's see if we can't dig a little deeper.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D .
web-ed wrote: From the psychological angle, our progress is as we should have expected: both Natalie and Mark are becoming somewhat aroused, while Natalie has the additional problem of coping with the sting and heat which are gradually building up.
good point here. it's always been my considered opinion that spanking is a sexual activity on some level and that's especially true when the spanking is between romantic couples such as Mark and Natalie. and the spankee will indeed have that additional problem you mentioned such as Natalie does here :lol: .
web-ed wrote:This leads us to the biggest artistic problem to be solved: Natalie's kicking has involved some hip abduction on her right side. Now I would assume (given the OTK position) that it is easiest to draw the thighs and buttocks when they are in perfect alignment, i.e. no hip abduction, adduction, flexion, or extension. [It may be recalled that I sometimes criticized Bill Ward for depicting a kicking spankee through hip flexion, which pulls the buttocks out of alignment and makes it impossible to smack them both evenly at the same time, as with a large paddle (although the hand-spanker can still work side to side)]. Hip abduction, as you chose here, does not cause that problem even for the paddler, and certainly not for Mark's hand. It is in fact fairly common practice when paddling to make the spankee assume a wide stance with feet more than shoulder width apart before bending over, which is basically equal hip abduction on both sides and which has the effect of preventing her from clenching at an earlier stage of bending, i.e. even before she's reached the halfway point or 90 degrees, as well as providing a superb target.
i'm not sure about drawing thighs and buttocks but your assumption is correct when doing pics with Poser. everything is very symmetrical that way and has a tendency to look just right. i try to avoid the flexion that you mentioned. that is a pretty extreme pose and as a general rule, it won't look right no matter how i manipulate it. also, Poser is only so good, even the newer versions, and if body parts get past what would be a natural limit, it will start to distort. the abduction that you mention i find very useful. it allows me to capture more of the struggling without making things look unnatural. also, i have very seldom seen a spankee do a scissor kick during a spanking but they will often have this abduction while they are struggling 8-) .
web-ed wrote: But - the artist then has to cope with drawing the buttocks in this position. Examining this portion of Natalie's anatomy carefully (for official art-critic purposes, of course ;) ), I see that the right side looks a little smaller than the left. Yet measuring from top to bottom (of the bottom), the distances appear identical (check), so I conclude that this is mere illusion due to the lighting (the shadow-line falls just about where the right buttock starts to curve around and become the right hip). Therefore, Phil, I think you've got this most difficult part of the composition right. And as I'm sure willjohn would say, now that we've got that straightened out, continue smacking her arse, mate! :lol:
it is indeed an illusion caused by light and shadow. i have to watch this carefully when rendering and often have to do several renders before getting it right. i have to balance that with getting the proper illumination on the bottom, faces and other important aspects of the spanking. also, in this position, her right cheek is flexed more than the left one which seems to increase the illusion. since the right cheek is in the foreground, it should actually appear larger. in some cases, where this effect is too great, i will abandon the pose or the camera angle entirely and start over. anyway, in this case, i thought it looked good and i'm glad to see that you agree :D . i had never considered actually measuring something like this but i am glad to see that you took the time to examine and analyze the pic critically...................for art-critic purposes, of course :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

more wiggling and squirming
more wiggling and squirming
013.jpg (273.68 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
hi everyone,

one of the main features of a good, sound spanking is the intensity of the feelings and reactions it produces :D . of course, sometimes those intense feelings might produce some "side effects 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #13

Post by web-ed »

Well, things seem to have reached a climax, so to speak :lol: ! It may be the last thing Natalie expected when she found out she was going to get spanked was that she would have an orgasm, but it's happened. This is true to life in that it is possible for a woman to reach orgasm while being spanked, although it certainly can't be counted upon. I have only ever seen it happen in the OTK position, which suggests that a certain amount of pressure across the anterior pelvic region is necessary, something that is not present when a bending-over position is used (sorry to sound so clinical about it). Psychologically, Natalie is obviously turned on by the idea of being spanked, something she didn't realize before - perhaps she had spanking thoughts and didn't recognize what they were telling her.

As to the art, the thighs are more nearly parallel than they were in the last panel, and the buttocks look nice and even - and red :D ! I think this is as attractive and tasteful a portrait of a sexual climax as I have ever seen. I would say that although they might be "anticlimactic", some more well-placed swats on that red behind are certainly called for. :)
-- Web-Ed