An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by web-ed »

Ah yes: "Keep your legs straight, head up, and bottom out..." Love it, love it, love it! :lol: And like B00m, I appreciate Natalie's expression here. She may never have seen a spanking paddle before, and certainly not one with holes. Well, she'll soon find out how they work. Nice cameo, by the way, Phil.

Oh, and don't forget to announce your new blog to everyone here!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Ah yes: "Keep your legs straight, head up, and bottom out..." Love it, love it, love it! :lol: And like B00m, I appreciate Natalie's expression here. She may never have seen a spanking paddle before, and certainly not one with holes. Well, she'll soon find out how they work. Nice cameo, by the way, Phil.
hi web-ed,

having been a member here for a while now, i am well aware of your fondness for paddling so i was anxious to hear your comments about this pic. your comments brought a grin to my face :D . i will admit too that, before i started posing this pic, i consulted your article, "How to Paddle, Strap and Cane" so thanks and a tip of the hat for supplying that bit of expertise ;) . i'm also glad to hear that you liked Natalie's expression since i thought it was entirely appropriate for this situation 8-) . as i said earlier, i like to do a cameo once in a while and this seemed like a good time for it. i have one spankee friend who was laughing and commented that it looked like a young Groucho Marx. i told her, if i had thought about that i would have gotten a cigar before having the pics taken :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Oh, and don't forget to announce your new blog to everyone here!

thanks. for anyone who doesn't know, yahoo groups and email have been a big screwed up mess for some time now. i haven't even been able to get to my toon groups for almost 2 weeks now and i am over it. i opened a blog a few days ago to replace the toon groups. i will be posting my new pics there from now on. i went back and posted "Alternate Proposal" from the beginning so it will be the first toon there. so far everyone likes the blog better because it is easier to use. i will continue to post my pics here, of course, but for any of you who would like to check out the blog, here is the link; http://overbarrelspankingtoons.blogspot.com/ . thanks, web-ed. i'm glad you liked the toon :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie's a bit jumpy
Natalie's a bit jumpy
028.jpg (291.44 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
hi everyone,

Natalie seems to be dreading these penalty swats.....................so why is she anxious for Mark to get on with them?? Mark, on the other hand, seems to be very relaxed and in no hurry at all :lol: . i hope you all enjoy the new pic. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm sure that Sunflower will confirm, Phil, that you're right on with Natalie being anxious for the swats to begin even though she dreads them, because waiting for them is even worse! And I have noticed that the spankee often doubts her capacity to take the designated number of swats, as Natalie does here, even though I'm always careful not to make it more than she can handle - this may be an example of female insecurity. Provided you go easy with the wood, though, most women handle their swats pretty well. I like to give a preliminary "touch" with the paddle as Mark does here - I think most spankees find this torturous and yet strangely satisfying as well.

One interesting thing about the bending-over positions is that they photograph well from pretty much any angle. This gives the artist an opportunity to vary the camera angle, and this time we see Natalie from about a three-quarter view (four such views are possible). We can actually see a good bit this way, both where the action is (or will be) and Natalie's expression. Notice that it would work as well right after the swat, when Natalie will probably close her eyes and open her mouth, as it does here when she's worrying about what's to come. I expect you'll continue to vary the point of view as the penalty phase progresses.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I'm sure that Sunflower will confirm, Phil, that you're right on with Natalie being anxious for the swats to begin even though she dreads them, because waiting for them is even worse!
hi web-ed,

i think you have a good point here not to mention that spankees are often a mass of conflicting emotions . for me, watching them dealing with all this contradictory information is part of the fun of giving a spanking:lol:
web-ed wrote: And I have noticed that the spankee often doubts her capacity to take the designated number of swats, as Natalie does here, even though I'm always careful not to make it more than she can handle - this may be an example of female insecurity. Provided you go easy with the wood, though, most women handle their swats pretty well. I like to give a preliminary "touch" with the paddle as Mark does here - I think most spankees find this torturous and yet strangely satisfying as well.
i never thought about insecurity being the cause of this doubt. i guess i just figured it was because her bottom was already sore :lol: . i do like those touches with paddle before landing a swat. a spanking is all about intensity both physical and emotional, and that is one of those devices to increase that intensity................which could account for the satisfaction the spankee gets from it ;) .
web-ed wrote:One interesting thing about the bending-over positions is that they photograph well from pretty much any angle. This gives the artist an opportunity to vary the camera angle, and this time we see Natalie from about a three-quarter view (four such views are possible). We can actually see a good bit this way, both where the action is (or will be) and Natalie's expression. Notice that it would work as well right after the swat, when Natalie will probably close her eyes and open her mouth, as it does here when she's worrying about what's to come. I expect you'll continue to vary the point of view as the penalty phase progresses.
i have the next 4 pics done, which is all of the ones dealing with penalty swats so i have been giving a lot of thought to those camera angles you mentioned. i am used to doing mostly OTK spankings so i had to give some thought to how to stage these. with OTK, the spankee is pretty free to wiggle and move around so it's often possible to show her bottom and he face at the same time. with the bending over position, her movement is much more restricted for the spankee's own protection. this presented me with some new parameters to work with..........or around. Sunflower did give me some pointers on all this and i'll be really interested in seeing how close my pics are to what actually happens when you are giving out penalty swats. thanks for your analysis of all this. it's all very interesting :D . phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Even though I prefer the OTK position (which you provided some excellent pictures of... THANK YOU!) The position Natalie is in now shows off her cute round backside nicely, even when your "camera angle" is almots in front of her. And the look on her pretty face is exquisite! I like the detail of her hands resting on the chair cushion... and I suppose she'll be digging her fingernails into that poor cushion before her penalty swats are finished! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing how you end this story. Considering your romantic streak and your preference for happy endings, I think that Mark and Natalie will have a long, loving relationship ahead of them... and Natalie probably knows in her heart that her future with Mark will be filled with love, and punctuated with plenty of spankings.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Even though I prefer the OTK position (which you provided some excellent pictures of... THANK YOU!) The position Natalie is in now shows off her cute round backside nicely, even when your "camera angle" is almots in front of her. And the look on her pretty face is exquisite! I like the detail of her hands resting on the chair cushion... and I suppose she'll be digging her fingernails into that poor cushion before her penalty swats are finished! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing how you end this story. Considering your romantic streak and your preference for happy endings, I think that Mark and Natalie will have a long, loving relationship ahead of them... and Natalie probably knows in her heart that her future with Mark will be filled with love, and punctuated with plenty of spankings.
hi Boom,

i'm glad you liked the shot of her bottom :D . i like to show a good, direct view of a shapely female bottom but when that's not possible, i've noticed that at least the curvy outline often CAN be shown ;) . that's what i was attempting to do in this one since my focus was on her expression..............which i was gratified that you noticed and enjoyed :D . i am indeed a fan of romantic, happy endings as you noted and i do think your speculation concerning their continuing relationship is right on the money ;) . thanks for your comments. i'm glad you enjoyed this one :D . phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

web-ed wrote:I'm sure that Sunflower will confirm, Phil, that you're right on with Natalie being anxious for the swats to begin even though she dreads them, because waiting for them is even worse!
hi Phil,

and yes, the web-ed is exactly right with his comment. the first time I received penalty swats, those damn taps drove me to distraction. I didn't know what to expect after the taps, I just wanted that first swat. I dreaded it but the taps were maddening. and like Mark my spanker was in no hurry. after the first swat I wondered why I was in such a hurry. it really stung! and I had to concentrate on not moving out of position. I wanted to stop after 1, but no such luck!

[quote=""web-ed wrote: And I have noticed that the spankee often doubts her capacity to take the designated number of swats, as Natalie does here, even though I'm always careful not to make it more than she can handle - this may be an example of female insecurity. Provided you go easy with the wood, though, most women handle their swats pretty well. I like to give a preliminary "touch" with the paddle as Mark does here - I think most spankees find this torturous and yet strangely satisfying as well[/quote]

the first ever swat with a paddle is a shock. and I just knew I didn't want a second. the second wasn't such a big shock but I still didn't think I could take the 10 I was promised. it was because my poor bottom was stinging like crazy. I didn't think I could take more. my spanker knew I could take more and I did. I did indeed find the "touch" torturous but yes, satisfying. they still are toturous to me to this day but a necessary evil
overbarrel49 wrote:i never thought about insecurity being the cause of this doubt. i guess i just figured it was because her bottom was already sore . i do like those touches with paddle before landing a swat. a spanking is all about intensity both physical and emotional, and that is one of those devices to increase that intensity................which could account for the satisfaction the spankee gets from it
I never thought of insecurity but that could be a part of it. I always thought it was because my bottom was indeed already sore. your statements are certainly true Phil. I don't look forward to those damn taps or swats, but I remember them fondly after they are over.
overbarrel49 wrote:Sunflower did give me some pointers on all this and i'll be really interested in seeing how close my pics are to what actually happens when you are giving out penalty swats.
I am glad to be able to give you the spankees perspective. of course still being fairly new to all this I could not be real accurate. I am not real sure what my spanker is doing for sure. I have peeked back a few times recently because I am getting more comfortable (not my bottom though) with being paddled and starting to pay more attention. I am sure that he enjoys it as much as I think Mark is going to.

sunflower
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

oh Phil,

I forgot. making Natalie admit that it is her fault she is receiving swats is a powerful tool also. I hate admitting it's my fault i'm getting spanked or getting swats but it adds something for me. a large part of a satisfying part of my spanking are what is said to me. some things have a real impact. sometimes I don't hear anything because I am concentrating on the sting in my bottom. I would never tell him that of course! .

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil,

and yes, the web-ed is exactly right with his comment. the first time I received penalty swats, those damn taps drove me to distraction. I didn't know what to expect after the taps, I just wanted that first swat. I dreaded it but the taps were maddening. and like Mark my spanker was in no hurry. after the first swat I wondered why I was in such a hurry. it really stung! and I had to concentrate on not moving out of position. I wanted to stop after 1, but no such luck!
hi Sunflower,

both you and web-ed commented that waiting for the penalty swats causes anxiety which may be worse than actually getting the swats. it's just this kind of activity that increases the emotional intensity of the spanking and in my opinion, the greater the intensity of the spanking, the greater the satisfaction that is produced by the spanking ;) .
sunflower309 wrote:I never thought of insecurity but that could be a part of it. I always thought it was because my bottom was indeed already sore. your statements are certainly true Phil. I don't look forward to those damn taps or swats, but I remember them fondly after they are over.

here is that love/hate thing that spankee's so often experience. you hate the anxiety of waiting but love it when reflecting afterward....................the same goes for the actual swats. it's all so interesting............and confusing..............and satisfying :D .
sunflower309 wrote: I am glad to be able to give you the spankees perspective. of course still being fairly new to all this I could not be real accurate. I am not real sure what my spanker is doing for sure. I have peeked back a few times recently because I am getting more comfortable (not my bottom though) with being paddled and starting to pay more attention. I am sure that he enjoys it as much as I think Mark is going to.

sunflower
i really appreciate it that you share your spankee's perspective with us. that is all too often, hard to come by :D . it seems to me that you are indeed getting more comfortable with the spanking process and i hope that means you are enjoying the process more. i'll be looking forward to more of your comments as time goes on.
sunflower309 wrote:I forgot. making Natalie admit that it is her fault she is receiving swats is a powerful tool also. I hate admitting it's my fault i'm getting spanked or getting swats but it adds something for me. a large part of a satisfying part of my spanking are what is said to me. some things have a real impact. sometimes I don't hear anything because I am concentrating on the sting in my bottom. I would never tell him that of course! .

sunflower
more interesting comments. i have always felt that the emotional part of a spanking is the most powerful and intense and here you have provided confirmation that is true. :D those words you mention can really increase the intensity of a spanking starting right at the beginning with the announcement and going right on through. yep, it sounds to me like you are enjoying all this more and more as you gain experience 8-) . thanks for sharing. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie should have been careful what she wished for
Natalie should have been careful what she wished for
029.jpg (259.1 KiB) Viewed 6253 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Natalie got her way...............Mark quit tapping and swatted her sore bottom with that paddle 8-) . Well, at least now she doesn't have to wonder how it's going to feel :lol:. i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:it looks like Natalie got her way...............Mark quit tapping and swatted her sore bottom with that paddle . Well, at least now she doesn't have to wonder how it's going to feel
hi Phil!

yes indeed, be careful what you wish for. I would stand all day and get tapped by the paddle. they are distracting but at least they don't sting! the first swat is indeed the worst one ever. you can imagine all you want what it feels like, but then it lands and it stings more than you thought it would. after that the anxiety is still there because you KNOW what it feels like. the first swat was a shock, but not a totally unpleasant one, somehow. there is that love/hate relationship again.

and it is embarrassing to count them and call your spanker sir also. I would rather not count, and I definitely do not want to address him as sir. but I did both because I had to. and 15 doesn't seem like a high number and it's not, unless you remember you are getting them on a already well spanked bottom. then, especially if they are administered slow, seems like they will never end. and you are just sure you cannot take another one. but you do, and try to remember to stay in position, to count, to call him sir. it all adds to the anxiety, trust me. but it gets easier as you go along. not the sting or the embarrassment or anxiety, just the remembering what you are supposed to do.

so again Phil, good job! I can put myself in your toon. thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us. I imagine soon this will depart from my experiences and take a romantic turn. I am waiting for that also!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil!

yes indeed, be careful what you wish for. I would stand all day and get tapped by the paddle. they are distracting but at least they don't sting! the first swat is indeed the worst one ever. you can imagine all you want what it feels like, but then it lands and it stings more than you thought it would. after that the anxiety is still there because you KNOW what it feels like. the first swat was a shock, but not a totally unpleasant one, somehow. there is that love/hate relationship again.
hi Sunflower,

i see it didn't take you long to figure out to be careful what you wish for :lol: . i see you've also figured out that love/hate business with spanking too...............interesting how it works that way 8-) . i think waiting for that first swat just increases the intensity when it finally arrives 8-) and it engages the brain as well as the bottom of the spankee :D.......... and it increases that intensity.................which is what spanking is all about ;) .
sunflower309 wrote: and it is embarrassing to count them and call your spanker sir also. I would rather not count, and I definitely do not want to address him as sir. but I did both because I had to. and 15 doesn't seem like a high number and it's not, unless you remember you are getting them on a already well spanked bottom. then, especially if they are administered slow, seems like they will never end. and you are just sure you cannot take another one. but you do, and try to remember to stay in position, to count, to call him sir. it all adds to the anxiety, trust me. but it gets easier as you go along. not the sting or the embarrassment or anxiety, just the remembering what you are supposed to do.

there's that embarrassment again...............also part of the intensity and therefore part of the satisfaction of the spanking. i think it's nice of your spanker to administer your penalty swats slowly................so that you have time to reflect on each one...............and let that anxiety and intensity build between swats 8-) it may seem like they will never end................at least at the time but i'm betting your satisfaction lasts longer after the spanking too :D .
sunflower309 wrote: so again Phil, good job! I can put myself in your toon. thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us. I imagine soon this will depart from my experiences and take a romantic turn. I am waiting for that also!

sunflower

i'm really glad this pic made a connection with you...............it always pleases me when one of my pics makes such a connection :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #29

Post by web-ed »

This one was a lot of fun to look at! Apparently, Natalie found penalty swat #1 to be quite an eye-opening experience! And I enjoyed hearing her say "Sir" - it's good to remind the submissive of who's in charge every now and then, and that's one way of doing it.

Now, Sunflower mentioned that she didn't like counting or having to say "sir," and we should note that spankees vary quite a bit when it comes to this. As a matter of fact, there is a particular reason for these little variations and preferences that we see even when we confine ourselves to some subset of spanking like paddling, and it's not just a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing. As it happens, these variations are actually the result of the different ways that different spankees are seeking one particular thing, and I'm going to reveal what that something is in a few months.

Anyway, it will be good for Mark and Natalie's relationship that she be forced to call him "sir" fourteen more times (heh-heh! :D ). I can hardly wait to "hear" her say it - and all those "Ouch!"'s also!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:This one was a lot of fun to look at! Apparently, Natalie found penalty swat #1 to be quite an eye-opening experience! And I enjoyed hearing her say "Sir" - it's good to remind the submissive of who's in charge every now and then, and that's one way of doing it.
hi web-ed,

Natalie did indeed find it eye opening :lol: . i'm glad you enjoyed the pic and the reminder :D .
web-ed wrote:Now, Sunflower mentioned that she didn't like counting or having to say "sir," and we should note that spankees vary quite a bit when it comes to this. As a matter of fact, there is a particular reason for these little variations and preferences that we see even when we confine ourselves to some subset of spanking like paddling, and it's not just a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing. As it happens, these variations are actually the result of the different ways that different spankees are seeking one particular thing, and I'm going to reveal what that something is in a few months.
this sounds to me like it will prove to be interesting and i'll be looking forward to hearing your take on all this :D .
web-ed wrote:Anyway, it will be good for Mark and Natalie's relationship that she be forced to call him "sir" fourteen more times (heh-heh! :D ). I can hardly wait to "hear" her say it - and all those "Ouch!"'s also!
more sirs and ows and ouches coming up...................as well as other things of interest 8-) . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil wrote:

more sirs and ows and ouches coming up...................as well as other things of interest.

That's great, Phil. I can hardly wait.

With the arrival of the first swat from Mark's paddle, Natalie is beginning to realize that he means business... as if all those other swats from his strong right hand meant nothing, right? :D But this is their third anniversary as a couple, so it's only natural that he would want to speed things up.

Natalie is only now feeling the ardor that Mark has lived with for the past three years. Only HIS ardor was in his heart. Now, HER ardor will be flaming on her bottom!

At the start of their evening, Mark had said:

"Now I'm gonna get rid of those frustrations by taking them out on your bare bottom! You've been a very naughty girl and I'm gonna give your bottom the blistering your frustrating, stubborn behavior has earned you!"

Guess he's doing that, now. :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:With the arrival of the first swat from Mark's paddle, Natalie is beginning to realize that he means business... as if all those other swats from his strong right hand meant nothing, right? :D But this is their third anniversary as a couple, so it's only natural that he would want to speed things up.

Natalie is only now feeling the ardor that Mark has lived with for the past three years. Only HIS ardor was in his heart. Now, HER ardor will be flaming on her bottom!

At the start of their evening, Mark had said:

"Now I'm gonna get rid of those frustrations by taking them out on your bare bottom! You've been a very naughty girl and I'm gonna give your bottom the blistering your frustrating, stubborn behavior has earned you!"

Guess he's doing that, now. :lol:
hi Dan,

i think Mark did a great job, not only for Natalie but also for himself with his hand spanking. as you mentioned, he was planning on getting rid of his frustrations and i think he did shed many of them during that enthusiastic hand spanking. however, he waited a long time to make his point and i think these penalty swats should make sure he finishes the job. as you said, guess he's doing that now :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie's bottom is looking pretty red
Natalie's bottom is looking pretty red
030.jpg (267.25 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
hi everyone,

Mark seems to be trying to be helpful to Natalie but somehow she doesn't seem appreciative :o ??? as a matter of fact, she seems down right suspicious :lol: . i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:Mark seems to be trying to be helpful to Natalie but somehow she doesn't seem appreciative??? as a matter of fact, she seems down right suspicious
Yeah! I wonder why? Heh heh! :D :D :D :D I think maybe she's right. I bet he is going to find a reason to give her even more swats! I certainly would if I were in Mark's place! Well... actually, I'd be looking for an EXCUSE because the real reason would be that she has such a perfect target! There are some women who should be spanked whether they deserve it or not! Fortunately for Mark... I think Natalie is going to provide him with some kind of naughtiness that will justify those extra penalty swats he's already planning to give her. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And speaking of the REAL reason for wanting to spank Natalie... I like your angle this week! Her cute red bottom is very much on display! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Yeah! I wonder why? Heh heh! :D :D :D :D I think maybe she's right. I bet he is going to find a reason to give her even more swats! I certainly would if I were in Mark's place! Well... actually, I'd be looking for an EXCUSE because the real reason would be that she has such a perfect target! There are some women who should be spanked whether they deserve it or not! Fortunately for Mark... I think Natalie is going to provide him with some kind of naughtiness that will justify those extra penalty swats he's already planning to give her. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hi Boom,

well, i know i would find reasons for more swats 8-) . of course, an excuse would be fine too............especially in the case of a perfect target :lol: . Natalie does seem like the kind of girlfriend who will provide him with plenty of opportunities to spank her bottom and i know i wouldn't ever want to stop a spanking too soon :D .
hugob00m wrote:And speaking of the REAL reason for wanting to spank Natalie... I like your angle this week! Her cute red bottom is very much on display! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . to be honest, i liked this view too. thanks, phil