HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRINGROSE 2013

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRINGROSE 2013

Post by overbarrel49 »

she's getting a scolding
she's getting a scolding
sbd 011.jpg (321.3 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hey! the boys finally showed up!
hey! the boys finally showed up!
sbd 012.jpg (359.64 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

UH-OH!........AGAIN!
UH-OH!........AGAIN!
sbd 013.jpg (374.7 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRINGROSE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRINGROSE!
sbd 014.jpg (387.55 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Wow! What a happy surprise, to find your birthday tribute to Springrose on our screens this morning!

Ya know, Overbarrel, I always knew you enjoyed giving birthday spankings to whatever femme flutters by you, but I did not know that you were so muscular and that you can actually FLY! ;)

And what nice, vivid colors! In your final spanking panel, you show the lucky (?) girl's bottom looking as red as your fancy red boots! This is a birthday Springrose will remember for a long, long time.

Much obliged, Phil... Once again, you have brought a sunny surprise to us, the denizens of CSR!

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I enjoyed the cartoon! Would you please relay my greetings to Springrose? Thanks!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Wow! What a happy surprise, to find your birthday tribute to Springrose on our screens this morning!
hi Dan,

i'm glad i was able to help get your day off to a good start :D .
daneldorado wrote:Ya know, Overbarrel, I always knew you enjoyed giving birthday spankings to whatever femme flutters by you, but I did not know that you were so muscular and that you can actually FLY! ;)
if you remember, i have said before that most of my toons are based on my fantasies.................with fantasies being the operative word :lol: . besides, no one would want to look at characters that really look like i do at 64 although some of the facial expressions are probably pretty close to mine :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:And what nice, vivid colors! In your final spanking panel, you show the lucky (?) girl's bottom looking as red as your fancy red boots! This is a birthday Springrose will remember for a long, long time.

Much obliged, Phil... Once again, you have brought a sunny surprise to us, the denizens of CSR!

Cheers,
Dan
i'm glad you liked the colors although i hadn't noticed the how close the color of her bottom was to the color of her boots :D . i talked to Springie on the IM this afternoon and she did get a laugh from this toon. what better tribute could there be than that ;) . i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D . thanks for your comments, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I enjoyed the cartoon! Would you please relay my greetings to Springrose? Thanks!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D . i will indeed give your greetings to Springie. thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hi Phil,

I enjoyed this one! and i'm sure Springrose enjoyed her birthday toon! you have a great imagination! a poor girl should not get such a hard spanking on her birthday though. but I guess there are a lot of spankers who would disagree with me. you can always find something us poor spankees have done wrong! happy birthday to Springrose!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil,

I enjoyed this one! and i'm sure Springrose enjoyed her birthday toon! you have a great imagination! a poor girl should not get such a hard spanking on her birthday though. but I guess there are a lot of spankers who would disagree with me. you can always find something us poor spankees have done wrong! happy birthday to Springrose!

sunflower
hi Sunflower,

i'm glad you enjoyed the birthday toon :D . my annual birthday greeting to Springrose seems to be a perennial favorite and i usually get comments from folks who don't comment the rest of the time. yes, we can always find reasons to spank you :D.........so what's your point :lol: ? i'll pass your happy birthday along to her. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

What a lovely present for Springrose on her birthday! I'm sure she loves it, Phil. I had to chuckle at your alter-ego's superheroic antics, including spanking Springrose's deserving bottom! His chest emblem certainly looks familiar. At the end, when she misuses the Woflie Emergency Signal for the second time, the "ZZZZZZ" reminded me of the classic way the signal from Jimmy Olsen's special watch (on a frequency that only Superman could hear) was depicted for many years (say 1960 - 1985): zee-zee-zee-zee-.... lettered in sort of a wavy curve across the panel. I found this interesting because I suspect you never saw any of those comics.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:What a lovely present for Springrose on her birthday! I'm sure she loves it, Phil. I had to chuckle at your alter-ego's superheroic antics, including spanking Springrose's deserving bottom!
hi web-ed,

i talked to Springie on the IM and she did indeed love it :D . i have done a birthday toon for her every year starting in 2003 which was the beginning of my poser toons. that one was called "mirror mirror" and is still posted at one of my old toon groups. since then they have always just been called Springrose birthday toon. i did skip 2009 because i was doing a complicated toon called "takin' charge" at the time which i was doing for Springie anyway because she wanted a toon with cowboys in it. i'm glad you got a chuckle from it :D . i usually try to have some fun with her birthday toon.
web-ed wrote: At the end, when she misuses the Woflie Emergency Signal for the second time, the "ZZZZZZ" reminded me of the classic way the signal from Jimmy Olsen's special watch (on a frequency that only Superman could hear) was depicted for many years (say 1960 - 1985): zee-zee-zee-zee-.... lettered in sort of a wavy curve across the panel. I found this interesting because I suspect you never saw any of those comics.
i did indeed steal the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ idea from the old superman comics and Jimmy's watch. all i did was give Springie an upgrade from a watch to a cell phone. originally i was even gonna do the wavy curve but it seemed like too much work so i just made it a straight line :lol: . i'm not sure why you would think i never saw any of those comics. i was 11 years old in 1960 and Superman and related comics were my favorites so i read them a lot actually. i'm not sure when i quit reading comics, probably in favor of the Hardy Boys, but it was well into the 60s. you do seem to remember it better than i do though. i had forgotten that they used Zee-Zee.............all i remembered was the Z until you mentioned it here.

i called it the "Wolfie" emergency signal because of the Wolfie character in my toons who is supposed to represent Dave Wolfe. in my toon world, Wolfie is a magical character who is well versed in many areas. first off, he can appear as a Wolfie, as he does here, or in his human form. he had a career as Super Wolfie which started with the magical waters shown in this toon. he has X-ray vision and can fly in his Wolfie form. he is an admiral in Stars Fleet(a REAR admiral, of course), he is a master of a life force much like that in Star Wars and he was also Wyatt Arf in another old west birthday toon. anyway, i figured such a diverse and magical character was the perfect one to give Springie the emergency signal. ok, there's a little history................whether you wanted it or not :lol: . Speaking of Dave Wolfe, he also had some comments but his were mostly related to old cartoons. he started his comments by saying, "there's no need to fear, Overbarrel's at your rear" :lol: . i could almost hear Wally Cox saying that :lol: . he also mentioned that the last panel reminded him of the cartoon characters running out of sight over the horizon in some of the old cartoons. looks like i stole stuff from more than one source :lol:
anyway, i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D .
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm not sure myself any more why I thought you hadn't seen the Jimmy Olsen signal watch bit - probably I thought you stopped reading comics earlier than you in fact did.

"There's no need to fear, Overbarrel's at your rear" - for those who didn't catch the reference, this is a homage of sorts to Underdog's "There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!". Underdog had the strange habit (for a children's cartoon) of speaking his lines in heroic couplets. I think "There's no need to fear, Overbarrel's got your rear" would work also, with sort of a double-entendre if "got your rear" could be understood as "got your back".
-- Web-Ed