Turn of Events

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Turn of Events

Post by overbarrel49 »

Looks like Penny is getting a call she didn't really want
Looks like Penny is getting a call she didn't really want
001.jpg (300.33 KiB) Viewed 7812 times
hi everyone,

we have a new toon starting this morning :D ! Spankers always have to be vigilant since they never know when a spanking might be needed because of a Turn of Events...........which luckily happens to be the name of the new toon :lol: . i will post the first 4 pics today to get things rolling. i hope everyone will enjoy the new toon. phil
overbarrel49

Re: Turn of Events

Post by overbarrel49 »

and what Oliver has to say is REALLY not what she wanted
and what Oliver has to say is REALLY not what she wanted
002.jpg (309.46 KiB) Viewed 7811 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Looks like Oliver has given Penny a case of the spank antsies
Looks like Oliver has given Penny a case of the spank antsies
003.jpg (326.84 KiB) Viewed 7811 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

UH-OH!
UH-OH!
004.jpg (342.94 KiB) Viewed 7811 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

is there going to be a Twist where Oliver has Penny begging for more? :roll:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:is there going to be a Twist where Oliver has Penny begging for more? :roll:
hi Willjohn,

i don't have an answer to your question at this time. while i do have a general idea of where i want to go with this toon, it's still early and i haven't planned out that much detail this far ahead. sometimes these toons kind of take on a life of their own and have a habit of changing directions on me as i go :lol: . i will say that i do have some "twists" planned and that one of those will show up this coming Friday 8-) . thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Sorry about that. Just could not resist the Dickensian pun.
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:Looks like Oliver has given Penny a case of the spank antsies
hi Phil!

this is off to a great start. and let me tell you. I still get the spank antsies. I know a lot of spankees do. even when we want a spanking!

and the way she looks we all know how she's feeling! you really nailed her expression and body language! been there, done that! you can tell she is anxious and more than a little nervous. it's not a feeling that will go away anytime soon, trust me!

and I want to join the overbarrel fan club as advertised in your flier! everyone should join up! I can't wait for next week! great work Phil, and thanks for sharing!!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Sorry about that. Just could not resist the Dickensian pun.
hi Willjohn,

it's not a problem since i like both Dickens and puns :D . as a matter of fact, i wish i had thought of that myself :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil!

this is off to a great start. and let me tell you. I still get the spank antsies. I know a lot of spankees do. even when we want a spanking!

hi Sunflower,

that's really interesting. especially the part where you get the spank antsies even when you do want the spanking :D . do you find yourself getting preoccupied and distracted while doing routine tasks just as Penny was doing in our toon 8-) ?
sunflower309 wrote: and the way she looks we all know how she's feeling! you really nailed her expression and body language! been there, done that! you can tell she is anxious and more than a little nervous. it's not a feeling that will go away anytime soon, trust me!
i had intended to depict her feelings as very intense ones and you seem to think they would be in reality. your comments brought a grin to my face :D . it's really nice knowing that you think i nailed her emotions in both the pic and the dialog.
sunflower309 wrote:and I want to join the overbarrel fan club as advertised in your flier! everyone should join up! I can't wait for next week! great work Phil, and thanks for sharing!!

sunflower
it's very simple to join the Overbarrel fan club...............just rub your bottom 3 times and say, "there's no place like OTK" and you're in :lol: . thanks for your comments :D . phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #1-4

Post by web-ed »

With four panels we're getting off to a good start, and I think we've completed the necessary exposition: Penny has committed the kind of sin that really used to get wives spanked in the good old days: overspending! :twisted: Actually, I think this is great female spanking fantasy material, and I'm sure that many spanko women have had fantasies along these lines, where they get "caught out" by their mate and end up paying the consequences over his knee.

I think you've really captured the spankee's mood accurately also: the waiting period before the spanking is really the worst for them, and they wish they could just get it over with - right up until that last minute when it's actually time to be placed across his knee in spanking position, when they'd rather have a postponement! It may sound contradictory, but it's just how women are, with competing psychological forces now waxing, now waning, and impelling them in different directions.

And this is going to be a hairbrush spanking, too! If Penny doesn't know it yet, and it appears she has little or no spanking experience, she's going to find out that the hairbrush is quite an intense implement. :)
-- Web-Ed
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:hi Sunflower,that's really interesting. especially the part where you get the spank antsies even when you do want the spanking . do you find yourself getting preoccupied and distracted while doing routine tasks just as Penny was doing in our toon
hi Phil.

yes I do! and it's worse in the few hours before. as the time gets closer I get more distracted and preoccupied. I have butterflies. and the worst/best time is right before I go OTK. those few moments are extremely intense and full of emotions, conflicting emotions!
web-ed wrote:I think you've really captured the spankee's mood accurately also: the waiting period before the spanking is really the worst for them, and they wish they could just get it over with - right up until that last minute when it's actually time to be placed across his knee in spanking position, when they'd rather have a postponement! It may sound contradictory, but it's just how women are, with competing psychological forces now waxing, now waning, and impelling them in different directions.
the web-ed is exactly right. when my spanker orders me over his knee the thought crosses my mind that I could turn around and run and escape what I have coming to me. there is a sense of almost panic. I know what to expect, I know it's going to hurt and be embarrassing. I know when I will be bare bottom. I can predict what is going to happen and when. all this goes through my mind in an instant. even though I do enjoy my spankings on some level, I dread them also. I look forward to them, I dread them, I want them to be over, I want them to go on longer. it is indeed a contradictory activity! all at the same time also. it gets quite intense......every time. but I don't try and analyze my feelings anymore, I just go with them. when the spanking is over I feel a sense of relief and satisfaction and almost sorry that it is over. sometimes wanting more.
overbarrel49 wrote:it's very simple to join the Overbarrel fan club...............just rub your bottom 3 times and say, "there's no place like OTK" and you're in
i'm in! of course I usually save the rubbing for after a spanking but I made an exception!

sunflower
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I'm glad to see the beginning of your newest story! And it's a husband and wife one, my favorite kind! :D :D :D :D This time Penny has overspent their account and to make matters worse (or maybe better, because it's even more reason for her to get spanked!) she's lied to her husband about the dress she bought... Is the dress she overspent on and lied about, by any chance, the very one she's wearing? If it is, then he has one more reason to spank her: she looks really really sexy in it! ;) ;) ;) ;)

The overspending thing is a very traditional reason for a husband to spank his wife. I remember an I Love Lucy episode with Lucy buying an expensive hat she shouldn't have, and I believe she even tried to get away with lying about it. Ricky turned her over his knee and spanked her until the scene faded out for a commercial break! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you're off to a really great start, and I can hardly wait to see what kind of unique twist you can put into one of the archetypal spanking plots! :D :D :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:With four panels we're getting off to a good start, and I think we've completed the necessary exposition: Penny has committed the kind of sin that really used to get wives spanked in the good old days: overspending! :twisted: Actually, I think this is great female spanking fantasy material, and I'm sure that many spanko women have had fantasies along these lines, where they get "caught out" by their mate and end up paying the consequences over his knee.
hi web-ed,

yeeeeees, this scenario is definitely not the most original i've ever come up but how could i go wrong with a classic spanking reason like buying a dress she wasn't supposed to :D let's hear it for the good old days :lol: . i have no doubt too that you are exactly correct about spankees having fantasies about just such a scenario :) .
web-ed wrote:I think you've really captured the spankee's mood accurately also: the waiting period before the spanking is really the worst for them, and they wish they could just get it over with - right up until that last minute when it's actually time to be placed across his knee in spanking position, when they'd rather have a postponement! It may sound contradictory, but it's just how women are, with competing psychological forces now waxing, now waning, and impelling them in different directions.
i'm glad you think i got a good depiction of Penny's emotional dilema while waiting for Oliver to come home........just what i was going for :D . that business of contradictory emotions that women have has been confusing and frustrating men since the model first came out. that might actually be why spanking was invented in the first place :lol: . in any case, i think both spankers and spankees would agree that this is exactly the way it is. i liked your description of the emotions "impelling them in different directions ;) .
web-ed wrote:And this is going to be a hairbrush spanking, too! If Penny doesn't know it yet, and it appears she has little or no spanking experience, she's going to find out that the hairbrush is quite an intense implement. :)
i would say that intense is just the right word to describe her coming experience with the hairbrush.................maybe next time she'll remember to tell the truth. that's especially true since Oliver intends to punish her for buying the dress before they discuss her lies..............which means that hairbrush will be coming in contact with bottom cheeks that have already been spanked 8-) . i'm glad you think we're off to a good start :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil.

yes I do! and it's worse in the few hours before. as the time gets closer I get more distracted and preoccupied. I have butterflies. and the worst/best time is right before I go OTK. those few moments are extremely intense and full of emotions, conflicting emotions!
hi Sunflower,

thanks for answering that question for me. since your situation is different from the one i have started with this toon i wasn't sure. from what you've said, it probably holds true for any spankee in just about any situation :D .
sunflower309 wrote: the web-ed is exactly right. when my spanker orders me over his knee the thought crosses my mind that I could turn around and run and escape what I have coming to me. there is a sense of almost panic. I know what to expect, I know it's going to hurt and be embarrassing. I know when I will be bare bottom. I can predict what is going to happen and when. all this goes through my mind in an instant. even though I do enjoy my spankings on some level, I dread them also. I look forward to them, I dread them, I want them to be over, I want them to go on longer. it is indeed a contradictory activity! all at the same time also. it gets quite intense......every time. but I don't try and analyze my feelings anymore, I just go with them. when the spanking is over I feel a sense of relief and satisfaction and almost sorry that it is over. sometimes wanting more.

this information is really interesting too and i appreciate it that you went into some detail to explain what you are feeling ;) . i still think it's that intensity that causes both the contradictory emotions and the lasting satisfaction that a spankee feels because of a spanking 8-) .
sunflower309 wrote:i'm in! of course I usually save the rubbing for after a spanking but I made an exception!

sunflower
i'm glad you had no trouble in joining the Overbarrel fan club :D . now.................all that's left is the initiation ceremony 8-)..................and i have a feeling that we can even arrange for a lexan paddle to be used for that in this case :lol: thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I'm glad to see the beginning of your newest story! And it's a husband and wife one, my favorite kind! :D :D :D :D This time Penny has overspent their account and to make matters worse (or maybe better, because it's even more reason for her to get spanked!) she's lied to her husband about the dress she bought... Is the dress she overspent on and lied about, by any chance, the very one she's wearing? If it is, then he has one more reason to spank her: she looks really really sexy in it! ;) ;) ;) ;)
hi Boom,

yeeeeeees, i like the husband and wife stories myself :D . i hadn't thought about the dress but since i didn't specify which dress it was we will say that she is indeed wearing the dress she lied about 8-) . that does seem appropriate ;) ............and besides, i like it and so do you :D .
hugob00m wrote:The overspending thing is a very traditional reason for a husband to spank his wife. I remember an I Love Lucy episode with Lucy buying an expensive hat she shouldn't have, and I believe she even tried to get away with lying about it. Ricky turned her over his knee and spanked her until the scene faded out for a commercial break! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it is a traditional reason and as i commented to web-ed, actually a classic reason for a spanking 8-) . i am hoping this will be a better scene than the old Lucy show since we will show more of the spanking and also more of Penny's bottom :D .
hugob00m wrote: I think you're off to a really great start, and I can hardly wait to see what kind of unique twist you can put into one of the archetypal spanking plots! :D :D :D :D
i'm glad you liked the start :D . twists?!?.................who me :o :lol: .............you seem suspicious of my intentions here. probably because you have seen a number of my toons :lol: . you can let me know if you spot any of those twists along the way ;) . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:i'm glad you had no trouble in joining the Overbarrel fan club . now.................all that's left is the initiation ceremony ..................and i have a feeling that we can even arrange for a lexan paddle to be used for that in this case
okay Phil,

maybe I changed my mind now. not the lexan paddle. that one is the stingiest! even through pants it hurts. if I had a choice, i'd say no thank you! but i'm thinking i'm not going to have much of a choice. :oops:

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like Penny's friend Raquel, forgot to do something
looks like Penny's friend Raquel, forgot to do something
005.jpg (373 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
hi everyone,
i had a spankee friend tell me last week that we had all the elements necessary for a nice, little spanking scene :D . even at that, i couldn't resist introducing just one more element to this spanking scene 8-) . in order to keep the continuity of our toon going, i am posting 2 pics this week. i hope you enjoy the new Turn of Events! Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

i think the girls are both surprised
i think the girls are both surprised
006.jpg (328.06 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Well now! It looks like the neighbor is getting in on the story too! :D :D :D :D So far, all we've seen is that she'd had plans to go shopping with Penny, and it would appear that those plans have been put on hold by Oliver! So then... unless I miss my guess, I'm thinking that somehow Raquel is going to wind up getting spanked by her man too! (She certainly has a hiney that would invite that kind of attention! ;) ;) ;) ;) )