A Custom Fit

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: A Custom Fit

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Pretty obvious he has done the deed. Does she need more "vigorous foreplay " before the next session?
hi Willjohn,

that's an interesting question.............perhaps we will answer it before the toon is over 8-) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Custom Fit #21

Post by web-ed »

We seem to be in transition here: both Steve and Tina are trying to understand what the spanking meant. Tina doesn't yet understand that the reason she forgot about the soreness in her bottom was that while aroused her ability to feel pain was greatly lessened, while Steve still has some general questions about the whole thing. I'm certainly curious to find out where this is going, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:We seem to be in transition here: both Steve and Tina are trying to understand what the spanking meant. Tina doesn't yet understand that the reason she forgot about the soreness in her bottom was that while aroused her ability to feel pain was greatly lessened, while Steve still has some general questions about the whole thing. I'm certainly curious to find out where this is going, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.
hi web-ed,

we are indeed in transition here so there's a lack of action right now but i thought that this might be part of the process for Steve and Tina at about this point.............especially if they plan on including spanking in their relationship and making it a custom fit for the 2 of them ;) . in order to work everything in that i want to, we will be in this transition for a couple more weeks before we find out just where this is headed. hopefully, everyone will still enjoy the ending of this toon :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

feeling good
feeling good
022.jpg (246.13 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
hi everyone,

there's nothing like a good nights sleep to clear your mind, especially if you're really worn out 8-) . of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that you understand everything, but it's a start! ;) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! I love your latest panel! In a private moment, on the morning after, Tina takes time to examine her still-reddened bottom, and bask in the warm glow of... not only the spanking she got, but the love-making that followed! All the mixed reactions are there, but as she takes time to think, the good side of what her husband has done outweighs the bad. It was humiliating for sure, to be turned over his knee... like a naughty little girl... but maybe... she's beginning to realize, she deserved to be treated like a naughty little girl! And the pain? Well, there seemed to be some pleasure mixed in with the pain... but what happened between them AFTER the spanking was over must've been PURE pleasure, judging by to look on her face! And she loves having her man in charge too! This is great!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Wow! I love your latest panel! In a private moment, on the morning after, Tina takes time to examine her still-reddened bottom, and bask in the warm glow of... not only the spanking she got, but the love-making that followed! All the mixed reactions are there, but as she takes time to think, the good side of what her husband has done outweighs the bad. It was humiliating for sure, to be turned over his knee... like a naughty little girl... but maybe... she's beginning to realize, she deserved to be treated like a naughty little girl! And the pain? Well, there seemed to be some pleasure mixed in with the pain... but what happened between them AFTER the spanking was over must've been PURE pleasure, judging by to look on her face! And she loves having her man in charge too! This is great!
hi Boom,

your comments brought a big smile to my face :D . i wasn't sure if folks would like this "lull" in the action or not but i thought it was an essential part of the process that Steve and Tina are going through. also, i personally found this period of reflection for our spanker and spankee to be just as exciting and entertaining as the spanking itself and it's nice to know that there are other folks who agree with me 8-) ;) . i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

oops!
oops!
023.jpg (326.84 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Tina has come to some more understanding since our last episode :lol: ........except this time, she's not so happy about it :shock: . in order to move this toon along a little bit, I'm posting 2 pics this week. i hope you enjoy them. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

dread
dread
024.jpg (234.01 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! I like the direction you seem to be going with this story! Even though Tina's bottom is still hot and red from the spanking she got the night before, she's feeling guilty about the way she's been treating Steve ever since they got married! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is she just about to do what I think she's about to do? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is she going to hand him her hairbrush and suggest he give her another spanking? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It reminds me of the end of Forsaking All Others, a film that starred Clark Gable and Joan Crawford. Earlier in the story, Grable's character spanks Crawford's character because he's frustrated over a very bad decision she's made... marrying a man who clearly doesn't truly have her best interests at heart... (Unfortunately, no actual spanking is shown. He just bends her over and orders his valet to fetch her hairbrush from her dressing table.) And later... when it's almost too late... he's about to board a ship and leave the country... She suddenly realizes what a fool she's been and she needs to win him back somehow! She comes up behind him after he's already gone up the gangplank, taps him on the shoulder... and... lo and behold! She hands him the hairbrush he had used on her earlier! The implication is pretty clear! :D :D :D :D

I love the idea!
Last edited by web-ed on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo for clarity
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Wow! I like the direction you seem to be going with this story! Even though Tina's bottom is still hot and red from the spanking she got the night before, she's feeling guilty about the way she's been treating Steve ever since they got married! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is she just about to do what I think she's about to do? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is she going to hand him her hairbrush and suggest he give her another spanking? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
hi Boom,

i tried to keep the direction this toon was headed a secret as long as i could but there comes a time when the cat gets out of the bag :lol: . i am going to post 2 more pics this Friday which will complete the scene we started this week, which will clarify everything but yeah.............she is going to do what you are thinking ;) .
hugob00m wrote:It reminds me of the end of Forsaking All Others, a film that starred Clark Gable and Loan Crawford. Earlier in the story, Grable's character spanks Crawford's character because he's frustrated over a very bad decision she's made... marrying a man who clearly doesn't truly have her best intrests at heart... (Unfortunately, no actual spanking is shown. He just bends her over and orders his valet to fetch her hairbrush from her dressing table.) And later... when it's almost too late... he's about to board a ship and leave the country... She suddenly realizes what a fool she's been and she needs to win him back somehow! She comes up behind him after he's already gone up the gangplank, taps him on the shoulder... and... lo and behold! She hands him the hairbrush he had used on her earlier! The implication is pretty clear! :D :D :D :D

I love the idea!
i remember this movie and her handing him the hairbrush :D ............and yeah, the implication was quite clear especially considering the grin on her face as she hands that hairbrush to him 8-) . it sounds like the beginning of a happy relationship to me :D . i also like the idea of this and to tell the truth, i have a spankee friend who did just this a while back and that's where i got the idea to take this toon in this direction. i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Custom Fit #24

Post by web-ed »

Wow Phil - this scene is incredibly hot! Although I think we all like to see a strong and deserving woman humbled by a spanking "against her will" e.g. Phantom spanking Queen Pera, for a woman to willingly submit to a man by figuratively (or even literally) offering him a hairbrush to spank her with brings the essence of female sexuality (submission) out into the open. One really good thing here is the way you have captured the nervousness and uncertainty women all feel about submitting, even though it is what they most want to do. Men are not generally nervous and certainly not uncertain when about to dominate a woman, just filled with anticipation, which is one of the psychological differences between male and female sexual psychology.

We could summarize it this way in the case where the act of domination/submission is to be a spanking: the woman is both thrilled by knowing she's going to be turned over his knee and a little nervous and afraid at the same time, while the man is basically just thinking, "Oh boy!" :lol:

I can't remember Forsaking All Others, the film b00m mentioned, but it certainly sounds like it's worth looking at. I see that it's in Chross' movie data base.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Wow Phil - this scene is incredibly hot! Although I think we all like to see a strong and deserving woman humbled by a spanking "against her will" e.g. Phantom spanking Queen Pera, for a woman to willingly submit to a man by figuratively (or even literally) offering him a hairbrush to spank her with brings the essence of female sexuality (submission) out into the open. One really good thing here is the way you have captured the nervousness and uncertainty women all feel about submitting, even though it is what they most want to do. Men are not generally nervous and certainly not uncertain when about to dominate a woman, just filled with anticipation, which is one of the psychological differences between male and female sexual psychology.
hi web-ed,

i'm really glad you enjoyed this :D . in the past, i might have been tempted to leave out such a scene in favor of more spanking but i think the reasons you mentioned above are the perfect reason to include it................and i agree with you that it's hot! dominance and submission are, after all, the very essence of a relationship............especially a spanking one.
web-ed wrote:We could summarize it this way in the case where the act of domination/submission is to be a spanking: the woman is both thrilled by knowing she's going to be turned over his knee and a little nervous and afraid at the same time, while the man is basically just thinking, "Oh boy!" :lol:
i agree and apparently so do some women. this is where i have been heading with this toon since it's inception. a spankee friend of mine told me about a spanking her husband gave her, which she admits she deserved. a day or 2 later, she took a paddle to him and asked to be paddled again. i liked the scenario and decided to use it for this toon ;) . to give credit where credit is due, i have a few spankee friends who are willing to share stories and feelings with me which really helps me out in doing toons like this. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

to give credit where credit is due, i have a few spankee friends who are willing to share stories and feelings with me which really helps me out in doing toons like this. thanks, phil
And nothing wrong with that, Phil - supposedly D. H. Lawrence asked some of his female friends to write down their thoughts and feelings to aid him in creating believable female characters. In general, we see that male writers have trouble creating female characters, and female writers have trouble creating male characters, although the greatest writers, who are male, are able to overcome this difficulty somehow. Probably not all of them went Lawrence's route in enlisting female help, although all of them had to get help somewhere. For me, it was a careful and critical observation of female behavior, including sexual behavior, beginning when I was about 20, that revealed the secrets of the female personality. But your way sounds easier - wish I'd thought of it back when :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,
web-ed wrote: For me, it was a careful and critical observation of female behavior, including sexual behavior, beginning when I was about 20, that revealed the secrets of the female personality.
i too have made such a study. as a matter of fact, it started in high school and has become a life long fascination that i have enjoyed very much. still, it occurred to me that because i was sometimes able to understand what the behavior of girls was going to be in certain situations, that didn't necessarily mean that i understood why their behavior was the way it was or what they were thinking and feeling. then, as the internet became available and i started reading conversations at the various spanking discussion groups, i discovered that there were times when 2 different girls would have different thought and feelings about very similar situations which just further complicated things for me. anyway, long story short, that's when i started looking for girls who didn't mind sharing some of their feelings with me. i have found a few in recent years. somehow it seems to me that girls don't want younger men to know their thoughts but don't mind sharing them with an old timer like me...........perhaps because they know i have retired from the battle of the sexes :lol: . anyway, i feel more comfortable doing my toons since the ladies have started helping me :D . perhaps the differences in your approach and mine come about because your analytical skills are better than mine in this area..............whatever works ;) phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

more discussion
more discussion
025.jpg (333.53 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
hi everyone,

this week's pics are a continuation of the scene we started last week and i am again posting 2 pics to move us along. it seems like Steve and Tina are still thinking about their relationship and still struggling to understand all it's intricacies, which I don't find surprising for a newlywed couple. i have a feeling that both Steve and Tina may yet find a few surprises in this process 8-) . i hope you enjoy this week's episode. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Steve seems taken by surprise
Steve seems taken by surprise
026.jpg (324.87 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

She is really getting a taste for it, isn't she?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:She is really getting a taste for it, isn't she?
hi Willjohn,

i don't know about that but i would say that her attitude about a number of things has changed during this toon ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Custom Fit #25-26

Post by web-ed »

Willjohn posits that our spankee, Tina, is developing a taste for being spanked. So the question before the House at this time is "Is Tina learning to like being spanked or is she just feeling guilty?" I will suggest the answer is "Both".

Women have a great capacity for guilt - so great in fact that it appears to me that occasionally non-spanko women (or at least non-natural spanko women) will accept a spanking, although perhaps significantly they won't actively seek one out. Along those lines, one of these days I'm going to present an article from a 60's magazine - I think it was Mr. - that relates a believable story along those lines. But for the present, let's take another look at Tina.

It's clear that what Phil is trying to get across is Tina's change of perspective after her recent spanking. In other words, her attitude has been adjusted on a more-than-temporary basis. She now understands how badly she treated her husband, feels guilty about it, and wants to atone for it.

That doesn't mean Tina isn't into spanking, at least a little - it's clear her spanking did awaken some submissive desires within her. Now there is a relationship in women between guilt and submission to discipline - their guilt makes it easier for them to submit. It make it all right to submit, we might say, for women need assurance about many things, even their own sexual desires. It is for this reason that many spanko women prefer their spankings to have some disciplinary flavor to them, so to speak, even if they aren't the more purely disciplinary spankings that some women do want. Without discipline, a woman is left with only her own desire to receive a spanking, a desire which may be uncomfortable or unwelcome. With discipline, a definite rationale for submitting to a spanking is present, making it psychologically easier for her to do so. A woman who genuinely believes she's done something wrong can more easily accept a spanking than one who doesn't and who isn't sure it's all right for her to want to be spanked.

It is extremely difficult for a woman to ask for a spanking because it is a confession of submissive desires. I mentioned above that even a guilt-ridden woman not into spanking might accept one but would probably not ask for it - that's the reason. (We should note the connection between guilt and submission, which is almost certainly why women have such a high capacity for guilt in the first place). We have also seen that even women with a strong desire to be spanked (Natural Spankos, to use my own terminology) find it difficult to express these desires to a man, although she will usually make some sort of attempt eventually. But when you put these two things together - guilt plus a desire to be spanked - they might just be strong enough to get a woman to in effect request a spanking (although even then she'll have a very hard time putting this into words). That is what we see here with Tina.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Willjohn posits that our spankee, Tina, is developing a taste for being spanked. So the question before the House at this time is "Is Tina learning to like being spanked or is she just feeling guilty?" I will suggest the answer is "Both".
hi web-ed,

i agree.........Tina either likes being spanked or at least she likes knowing that Steve will spank her to keep her in line ;) .
web-ed wrote: It's clear that what Phil is trying to get across is Tina's change of perspective after her recent spanking. In other words, her attitude has been adjusted on a more-than-temporary basis. She now understands how badly she treated her husband, feels guilty about it, and wants to atone for it.
again, i agree with your analysis. while there may be other emotions at play here besides just the guilt, Tina's attitude change is now permanent and it is part of the process they are going through to find what works best for them in their marriage 8-) .
web-ed wrote:That doesn't mean Tina isn't into spanking, at least a little - it's clear her spanking did awaken some submissive desires within her. Now there is a relationship in women between guilt and submission to discipline - their guilt makes it easier for them to submit. It make it all right to submit, we might say, for women need assurance about many things, even their own sexual desires. It is for this reason that many spanko women prefer their spankings to have some disciplinary flavor to them, so to speak, even if they aren't the more purely disciplinary spankings that some women do want. Without discipline, a woman is left with only her own desire to receive a spanking, a desire which may be uncomfortable or unwelcome. With discipline, a definite rationale for submitting to a spanking is present, making it psychologically easier for her to do so. A woman who genuinely believes she's done something wrong can more easily accept a spanking than one who doesn't and who isn't sure it's all right for her to want to be spanked.
this is very interesting and insightful. i have talked to some women and even have some first hand experience with a couple who could never ask for a spanking. for them, if they have to ask for a spanking, it isn't a real spanking in their minds and the whole thing is ruined. that's why they will brat or misbehave to get a spanking. it has to be their man's idea. your analysis above explains nicely why this is so.
web-ed wrote:It is extremely difficult for a woman to ask for a spanking because it is a confession of submissive desires. I mentioned above that even a guilt-ridden woman not into spanking might accept one but would probably not ask for it - that's the reason. (We should note the connection between guilt and submission, which is almost certainly why women have such a high capacity for guilt in the first place). We have also seen that even women with a strong desire to be spanked (Natural Spankos, to use my own terminology) find it difficult to express these desires to a man, although she will usually make some sort of attempt eventually. But when you put these two things together - guilt plus a desire to be spanked - they might just be strong enough to get a woman to in effect request a spanking (although even then she'll have a very hard time putting this into words). That is what we see here with Tina.

i suspect that a woman asking for a spanking, such as Tina is doing here, is not a very common scenario. still, i do know that it happens and this toon was inspired by such a story told to me by a spankee friend. i have a feeling that the spankee does indeed need a combination of guilt and a desire to be spanked as you have suggested above. i would add that her spanker has to be someone she loves and trusts for all the emotions to come into play. even at that, i would suggest that Tina asking for a spanking will be a rare thing and only under certain circumstances. those same emotions will always be in play though and i would suspect that in the future when Steve decides to spank her, Tina will be submissive and cooperative. although she may verbally protest as she goes OTK, she won't offer any physical resistance and won't need much help submitting from Steve. thanks, phil