Family Tradition

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Family Tradition

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:The way i see it, tapping Tina with the paddle mostly serves to build anticipation! And there are two kinds of anticipation involved here...

First the eager anticipation of the audience... waiting to see Steve begin the final phase of punishment for his naughty wife! We're going to see her already-red bottom turn an even brighter shade and "hear" her scream, whine and whimper (in the talk balloons)... and I bet her legs are going to flutter some more!
hi Boom,

well, i'd say we in the audience are indeed anticipating this paddling, which is, of course, the whole purpose of doing these toons 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:And then, there's the dreadful anticipation of the naughty wife herself... knowing that soon... very soon she's going to feel the familiar burn that she knows all too well from the many childhood spankings she used to get from her Daddy!
this is exactly what this particular pic is trying to depict and i think her anticipation is just what many of us in the audience are anticipating :D . Tina is having confusion and conflicting emotions, all of which serve to heighten her anticipation. i also think there may be a third kind of anticipation as Steve anticipates actually applying the paddle to his wife's bare bottom and watching her react 8-) .
hugob00m wrote: Will this make Tina behave? Maybe for a while. (But we hope that sometime in the future she'll do something else to earn another spanking... and another... and another... and another...) ;) ;) ;) ;) Who knows? Maybe Tina and her even brattier Mom might just get into trouble together and get spanked together... (one can only hope! ;) ;) ;) ;) )
i think Tina will definitely be getting more spankings as time passes. first off, i think her and Steve have started down a path that works for both of them and besides, wives getting spankings seems to be a "family tradition" :lol: . i'm glad you enjoyed this one :D . thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Many more spankings like this one and Tina will have trouble putting her panties on.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Many more spankings like this one and Tina will have trouble putting her panties on.
hi Willjohn,

yeah, it could happen. i guess the only thing for Tina to do is to put on a nightgown without panties for the rest of the day 8-) . perhaps she will have better luck the next morning even though, she probably won't want to be wearing any tight jeans even then :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

it looks like Tina was right about what was going to happen a few seconds after Steve started tapping that paddle on her bare bottom 8-) . it also looks like Steve is already appreciating his new toy as Tina gets reacquainted with it.......although her appreciation seems less than his :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic . phil
that smarts!
that smarts!
054.jpg (284.35 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

This is a nice new addition to your story. Tina gets her first whack! Well... sort of. She's been spanked with that paddle before, and she's been spanked by her husband before... but now, her Daddy's old paddle is being wielded by her husband... Hmmmm! Something old and something new... maybe Uly should've given Steve the paddle in time for the wedding! ;) ;) ;) ;)

And Steve is sounding like that teacher in the old Peanuts cartoons... (at least he sounds that way to Tina! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

And another thing I'll mention. I like the way you've been positioning the characters. In most of your frames, including this one, we get a clear view of Tina's face and her bottom. We can get a very good indication of what she's feeling right now, emotionally and physically.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:

I like the way you've been positioning the characters. In most of your frames, including this one, we get a clear view of Tina's face and her bottom. We can get a very good indication of what she's feeling right now, emotionally and physically.

This is "going back" quite a ways, but... you know how somebody on this board, or maybe it was some other board, was praising the early Shadow Lane video called "Tony and Eve: A College Fantasy"?

Like everyone else, I liked that video... but when I next spoke to Eve Howard, I told her I loved the action, but I did not like the fact that every time she went over Tony's lap in that one, she turned her face away from the camera, thus we were deprived of seeing her face and all the emotions she was going through. I expected an argument, but Eve is too classy a lady to try to cover up what was an obvious flaw in the creative process.

"I know," she said. "But it's because we were still so inexperienced in making videos. Believe me, we'll be showing faces from now on!"

I don't know if this delicate creature is still with us, but I must commend her and her partner Tony. Every Shadow Lane video I've seen since then, lets us actually see the spankee's face all the way through.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

This is a nice new addition to your story. Tina gets her first whack! Well... sort of. She's been spanked with that paddle before, and she's been spanked by her husband before... but now, her Daddy's old paddle is being wielded by her husband... Hmmmm! Something old and something new... maybe Uly should've given Steve the paddle in time for the wedding! ;) ;) ;) ;)
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed this pic :D .............and just when Tina thought she was going to be rid of that paddle :lol: . that first swat may turn out to be a bit nostalgic for Tina.....at least when she gets a chance to think about it.....probably standing up :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:And Steve is sounding like that teacher in the old Peanuts cartoons... (at least he sounds that way to Tina! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
it's interesting. Sunflower is the one who originally said that but when i posted this toon, i had several spankees comment about how true this is. one girl told me that, when she lived at home and was still getting spanked by her dad, her mom had to remind him that when naughty girls are getting paddled, their mouths work but their ears don't :lol: .
hugob00m wrote: And another thing I'll mention. I like the way you've been positioning the characters. In most of your frames, including this one, we get a clear view of Tina's face and her bottom. We can get a very good indication of what she's feeling right now, emotionally and physically.
i'm glad you've been enjoying the view in my pics :D . of course, we all want to see a naughty, female bottom getting spanked but the emotional part of the spanking is just as important, if not more so. for that, we have to see her facial expressions. that's why i like to show both when ever i can. i'm hardly the first one to think of this though. i always liked the drawings of other artists that show both better than ones that didn't and that's why i do them the way i do. all i had to do is look at toons done by you or Dan to figure this out ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Like everyone else, I liked that video... but when I next spoke to Eve Howard, I told her I loved the action, but I did not like the fact that every time she went over Tony's lap in that one, she turned her face away from he camera, thus we were deprived of seeing her face and all the emotions she was going through. I expected an argument, but Eve is too classy a lady to try to cover up what was an obvious flaw in the creative process.
hi Dan,

you are exactly right and i think your story here just proves what Boom and i were just talking about. whether it's toons or videos, seeing the spankees face is just as important as seeing her bottom :D . it's those emotions that are showing in her facial expressions that tell us just what she's experiencing while those bottom cheeks are bouncing ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

it looks like it didn't take long for Tina and Steve to get their new "family tradition" started :D ! i hope you enjoy the new pic . phil
reacquainted
reacquainted
055.jpg (295.25 KiB) Viewed 6833 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

Another great panel for your story! It looks like the paddling is having its desired effect... Could Tina's bottom be any redder? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And I love the way she's kicking and flailing!

I think she's just about learned her lesson... for now! ;) ;) ;) ;)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Family Tradition #54 & 55

Post by web-ed »

Hi Phil,

I love the latest two panels, especially #54 - could there be anything better than a moment-of-impact shot in which a paddle is used? I think not :lol: ! You've managed to reproduce the bottom-flattening effect that really does occur as the paddle makes contact. Steve looks to be having a better time than Tina in #55 - I know just how he feels! - and I'd say Tina is already squalling, and with a bottom that red, it's no suprise :D . About all that remains is for her to start adding the word "Please" to her vocabulary, indicating her total submission to him.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

Another great panel for your story! It looks like the paddling is having its desired effect... Could Tina's bottom be any redder? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And I love the way she's kicking and flailing!

I think she's just about learned her lesson... for now! ;) ;) ;) ;)
hi Boom,

i agree that the paddling is having he desired effect. that should be no surprise though since Uly already told Steve that this paddle will change a naughty girl's stubborn attitude in just a few swats :lol: . i'm glad you enjoyed the view of Tina flailing :D that paddle does have a tendency to make bratty girls lose control while it's turning their bottoms red 8-) . i think you're right ......Tina has learned her lesson.......for the time being ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Hi Phil,

I love the latest two panels, especially #54 - could there be anything better than a moment-of-impact shot in which a paddle is used? I think not :lol: ! You've managed to reproduce the bottom-flattening effect that really does occur as the paddle makes contact. Steve looks to be having a better time than Tina in #55 - I know just how he feels! - and I'd say Tina is already squalling, and with a bottom that red, it's no suprise :D . About all that remains is for her to start adding the word "Please" to her vocabulary, indicating her total submission to him.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the moment of impact shot......it's one of my favorites too :D . i appreciate your comments about the bottom flattening effect of the paddle. it takes a lot of extra work to do that and i thought it looked pretty good so it's nice to hear you say that :D :D . i agree that Steve is having a better time than Tina. i also think he's a bit amazed about just how effective that paddle is when enthusiastically applied to Tina's bottom :lol: . i'm betting it is going to be their new "family tradition" for sure 8-) . i have a hunch Tina will be indicating that submission shortly :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

we're back on our regular Friday schedule now after our groundhog day special :lol: . we are getting really close to the end of this toon now and i guess it's about time since i posted the first pics on Feb. 27 of last year :o !! i do have what i hope will be a nice surprise coming up in 4 weeks when i post the final pics 8-) . in the mean time, Steve's thinking about getting Tina where she needs to be........and probably how easily that was accomplished with his new paddle 8-) . Tina, on the other hand, seems to be concentrating on what's happening to her bottom :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
Attachments
almost there
almost there
056.jpg (271.62 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.
overbarrel49 wrote: we're back on our regular Friday schedule now after our groundhog day special :lol:
Ha ha! It took me a while to get the joke. It seemed like the two panels you posted this week looked an awful lot alike. Similar pose (but with a slightly different camera angle) Almost the same dialog (but not word-for-word identical)

And then... Oh yeah! Groundhog Day! Heh heh! I love it!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Ha ha! It took me a while to get the joke. It seemed like the two panels you posted this week looked an awful lot alike. Similar pose (but with a slightly different camera angle) Almost the same dialog (but not word-for-word identical)

And then... Oh yeah! Groundhog Day! Heh heh! I love it!
hi Boom,

this is very good reasoning on your part :D ...........i wish i had thought of it :o . i actually hadn't noticed the similarities in the 2 pics until you mentioned it. i was really just posting an extra pic for ground hogs day :lol: . years ago, i used to hunt groundhogs for local farmers who were tired of them eating their soy beans so ground hog day was one of my favorite days :lol: . next week's pic will be more different from these 2 8-) . thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Another name for February 2 is Candlemass, and Tina's arse looks like somebody has made a mass of candles out of it!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Another name for February 2 is Candlemass, and Tina's arse looks like somebody has made a mass of candles out of it!
hi Willjohn,

i guess in that case, the pic was appropriate to post on the second :lol: . i'm glad you see that you're enjoying Tina's highly red bottom :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

well, it looks like Tina's paddling is finally over. Steve thinks she should be happy about having achieved her goal but it may be a bit too early for that since Tina is still lying over his lap, squalling with her blazing bottom upturned :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic.phil
catching her breath and squalling
catching her breath and squalling
057.jpg (279.28 KiB) Viewed 6610 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

March her to the corner so we can perv on her fiery bum!