Good Marks

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Good Marks

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

As I indicated in my opening post for this toon, I guarantee you, from my own personal experience, that once it's been determined there's going to be an event taking place in a women's dorm, the girls living there can move really quickly so that they don't miss anything :lol: . In this case, I think pretty much every one present in the lounge has figured out exactly what that event is going to be. Xandra seems to be a bit slower picking up on this but even she's starting to understand that she's in big trouble 8-) . I hope you enjoy the 2 pics I've posted today. Phil
Attachments
different discussion?
different discussion?
009.jpg (348.26 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

pic 10
OH......that discussion!
OH......that discussion!
010.jpg (365.59 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

Your story is shaping up quite nicely so far!

I was sort of hoping that Xandra would refuse to go to Walter's apartment, and cause him to have to take care of their little "discussion" in the dorm lounge in front of those other girls. And... That looks like what you've got in mind! :D :D :D :D

And I'm enjoying those little side conversations that are going on around them!

"GASP! ...The last time I heard those words... in that tone of voice... was about ten seconds before I found myself over Al's lap getting my bottom spanked... GIGGLE!"
"You m-m-mean you think... Walter's going to... GULP!"
"UH HUH! ...GIGGLE!"

"What's up, Barb?"
"Walter is just about to give Miss Xandra a spanking! GIGGLE!"
"You mean NOW!? ...GIGGLE! COOL! ...TEE HEE HEE!"

So then,,, it appears that none of the girls in the dorm... even the ones who know what it's like to be spanked by a boyfriend... have much sympathy for Xandra! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She must REALLY be a brat!

I'm eagerly anticipating the part of the story where Xandra is going to have her backside warmed by Walter's hand... but this build-up is a LOT OF FUN! And I think it's going to be even more fun when you get to the spanking, knowing exactly WHY Xandra deserves to be spanked!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

looks like shooting her mouth off to her pals will result in Xandra eating off the mantel for a while.

A wise head often does hold a silent tongue, but that would not be much fun, no spanked brats!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

Your story is shaping up quite nicely so far!
Hi Boom,

I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :D .
hugob00m wrote:I was sort of hoping that Xandra would refuse to go to Walter's apartment, and cause him to have to take care of their little "discussion" in the dorm lounge in front of those other girls. And... That looks like what you've got in mind! :D :D :D :D
It does look that way, doesn't it :lol: ? Being stubborn will often get a naughty young lady a good spanking but this time it appears that it's really going to get Xandra what she deserves 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:And I'm enjoying those little side conversations that are going on around them!

"GASP! ...The last time I heard those words... in that tone of voice... was about ten seconds before I found myself over Al's lap getting my bottom spanked... GIGGLE!"
"You m-m-mean you think... Walter's going to... GULP!"
"UH HUH! ...GIGGLE!"

"What's up, Barb?"
"Walter is just about to give Miss Xandra a spanking! GIGGLE!"
"You mean NOW!? ...GIGGLE! COOL! ...TEE HEE HEE!"

So then,,, it appears that none of the girls in the dorm... even the ones who know what it's like to be spanked by a boyfriend... have much sympathy for Xandra! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She must REALLY be a brat!
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the side conversations since I have more of them planned. It just seemed to me that the girls, whatever their attitudes about her spanking, would be discussing it and I thought it was necessary to include their dialog and thoughts :D . As far as Xandra goes, several of those girls were there and heard her naughty plans so perhaps that's where part of their lack of sympathy comes from.......especially if any of them have been spanked for similar reasons 8-) . Of course, those attitudes could change some as the spanking progresses and they remember getting their own bottoms spanked:lol: . We'll see. ;)
hugob00m wrote:I'm eagerly anticipating the part of the story where Xandra is going to have her backside warmed by Walter's hand... but this build-up is a LOT OF FUN! And I think it's going to be even more fun when you get to the spanking, knowing exactly WHY Xandra deserves to be spanked!
I'm also happy to hear that you're enjoying the build up to the spanking :D . "Family Tradition" was really the first toon where I tried using an extended build up and it seemed well received so I thought I would try it again. After all, as you mentioned, it's even more fun when you know exactly why she needs to be spanked 8-) . Besides, I like the preliminaries when I'm giving an actual spanking so why not enjoy them in the toon too 8-) . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I thought of a couple of other things after I had posted my previous comments.

One thing I want to say is that I'm glad you're doing another romantic story. My favorite spankings are the ones between a husband and his wife, between a fiance and his fiancee, and between a boyfriend and his girlfriend. Spankings by fathers, grandfathers, and uncles, while certainly a necessity at times, can appear a bit creepy when done for entertainment.

I was also thinking about a couple of similarities between your new story and one of my all-time favorite movies... In McLintock!, Katherine had the same option as Xandra... If she had just stayed in her hotel room, instead of running away, she and her husband could have had their... ahem... discussion... in private, instead of the embarrassment of a public spanking in the middle of town with everyone watching! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Another similarity is that Katherine didn't seem to get any sympathy from the women in the crowd that had gathered to watch... even though we know that at least one of them had recently been spanked herself!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I thought of a couple of other things after I had posted my previous comments.

One thing I want to say is that I'm glad you're doing another romantic story. My favorite spankings are the ones between a husband and his wife, between a fiance and his fiancee, and between a boyfriend and his girlfriend. Spankings by fathers, grandfathers, and uncles, while certainly a necessity at times, can appear a bit creepy when done for entertainment.
Hi Boom,

Yeah, I like the spankings between romantic partners too, as you already know :D .
hugob00m wrote:I was also thinking about a couple of similarities between your new story and one of my all-time favorite movies... In McLintock!, Katherine had the same option as Xandra... If she had just stayed in her hotel room, instead of running away, she and her husband could have had their... ahem... discussion... in private, instead of the embarrassment of a public spanking in the middle of town with everyone watching! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I hadn't thought about this, but you are right! I think many girls get spanked for stubborn behavior but in these cases, stubborn behavior just took it to another level by not only getting a spanking but also by having that spanking take place in public :lol: .
hugob00m wrote: Another similarity is that Katherine didn't seem to get any sympathy from the women in the crowd that had gathered to watch... even though we know that at least one of them had recently been spanked herself!
I have to wonder how such a public spanking event would be viewed by the female onlookers.......especially any who also get spanked by their men? In McLintock, as well as my story, it does seem to be viewed as a recreational event to be enjoyed 8-) . Of course, that might be because everyone knows that the naughty girl really does deserve a good spanking :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:In McLintock, as well as my story, it does seem to be viewed as a recreational event to be enjoyed. Of course, that might be because everyone knows that the naughty girl really does deserve a good spanking.
I think that in McLintock!, the reason all the townspeople enjoyed seeing Katherine get paddled was that they had all been victims, at one time or another of her ascerbic wit. And maybe there was the fact that they all liked and admired G.W., and wanted him to win his wife back... whatever it took!

Perhaps it's that way in your story. Maybe all the girls in the dorm are tired of seeing Xandra get away with all the crap she's been doing... and maybe the really like Walter too, and want to see him come out ahead.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Xandra is in for a blistered behind of the first order. Considering her pseud's name, is she getting a Xpanking? :roll:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Xandra is in for a blistered behind of the first order. Considering her pseud's name, is she getting a Xpanking? :roll:
hi Willjohn,

Xandra is indeed in for a painful, embarrassing spanking..........just the way we like it :D . As far as her name goes, some time back, I got tired of trying to think up names for my characters and just started through the alphabet. It's tough to find a girl's name that starts with X :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

If we were to analyze our story so far (and why shouldn't we?), it seems the expository phase is over and the latest scene begins with a kind of transition that is going to lead to some decisive action ;) ! Now if that sounds a little dry, the truth is I'm enjoying the latest developments, and one in particular: Xandra's stubborn refusal to accede to Walt's request that they go back to his place to discuss things in private. Not only is this entirely in keeping with Xandra's personality (as all of us know who have ever encountered a brat, or in the case of female readers, have actually been a brat), it means that her ineluctable spanking will take place in front of witnesses - hooray :D !

Before we get into the witness issue from the spankee's point of view, we should remember that young women are very, very interested in the love lives of their friends and acquaintances. Young men, not so much. Therefore, it is rather unlikely that any of the other girls in this scene would tactfully withdraw from the lounge area once the argument between Walt and Xandra got going - they're teen-age girls, not Ambassadors to the Court of St. James, and will behave accordingly! (One apparently very shy girl wants to leave - or at least a part of her does - but she doesn't want to draw attention to herself. I will suggest that deep down, she wants to stay also, but this desire isn't as strong as it is in the other girls and in the end it's the desire to be unnoticed that keeps her in place. This is an interesting character even if a minor one.)

O.K., now back to witnessing a spanking. In my magnum opus on spanking psychology, I discussed having witnesses present as a kind of spanking embellishment - something that adds to the spanking experience. In actual practice, it's rare to have witnesses to a spanking outside of a spanking party or sometimes a birthday spanking given at a party. It is, however, quite a common fantasy even though few women who fantasize about having their spankings witnessed would actually want it to happen that way because the embarrassment is so great.

But this isn't real life, and in spanking erotica we can entertain all sorts of fantasies 8-). Here, Phil is joining such company as the spanking artists Eve and SP Anka - but perhaps we should wait for the next episode before saying more.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:If we were to analyze our story so far (and why shouldn't we?), it seems the expository phase is over and the latest scene begins with a kind of transition that is going to lead to some decisive action ;) ! Now if that sounds a little dry, the truth is I'm enjoying the latest developments, and one in particular: Xandra's stubborn refusal to accede to Walt's request that they go back to his place to discuss things in private. Not only is this entirely in keeping with Xandra's personality (as all of us know who have ever encountered a brat, or in the case of female readers, have actually been a brat), it means that her ineluctable spanking will take place in front of witnesses - hooray :D !
Hi web-ed,

We are indeed transitioning as Walter reveals just how much he knows about Xandra's naughty plan :D . Stubbornness is one of my pet peeves and in my opinion, is a spanking offense in and of itself. However, in many cases, such as this one, it also serves to piss the spanker off even more when a spanking is already deserved and I have to figure that any additional punishment, such as being spanked in public, is entirely her own fault :lol: . I definitely agree with your comments that this is in keeping with Xandra's personality and typical of brats in general. This has probably accounted for a large number of spanked female bottoms down through history 8-) .
web-ed wrote:Before we get into the witness issue from the spankee's point of view, we should remember that young women are very, very interested in the love lives of their friends and acquaintances. Young men, not so much. Therefore, it is rather unlikely that any of the other girls in this scene would tactfully withdraw from the lounge area once the argument between Walt and Xandra got going - they're teen-age girls, not Ambassadors to the Court of St. James, and will behave accordingly! (One apparently very shy girl wants to leave - or at least a part of her does - but she doesn't want to draw attention to herself. I will suggest that deep down, she wants to stay also, but this desire isn't as strong as it is in the other girls and in the end it's the desire to be unnoticed that keeps her in place. This is an interesting character even if a minor one.)

I agree with your comments that young women are interested in the relationships of their friends. A spankee friend of mine, commented to me that in this kind of situation, I should keep in mind the word vicarious! She was actually referring to the girls watching me and my girlfriend making out in the dorm upon my return from Germany but I think it applies equally well in this situation. That's especially true if some, or all, of these girls have been spanked by their boyfriends along the way. It strikes me that the reactions of the onlookers is an integral part of this scenario and each girl is different. Not only that but also, I have a feeling that each onlooker is going to go through different reactions at different times as things progress ;) . Hopefully, many of the other onlookers will have interesting reactions as we go along 8-) .
web-ed wrote:O.K., now back to witnessing a spanking. In my magnum opus on spanking psychology, I discussed having witnesses present as a kind of spanking embellishment - something that adds to the spanking experience. In actual practice, it's rare to have witnesses to a spanking outside of a spanking party or sometimes a birthday spanking given at a party. It is, however, quite a common fantasy even though few women who fantasize about having their spankings witnessed would actually want it to happen that way because the embarrassment is so great.
I totally agree that it is a common fantasy but no one actually wants it to happen. I might even take it a step further and venture the opinion that it is often a favorite fantasy. That brings to mind the question of whether or not these spankees who fantasize about getting spanked in public, really don't want to actually get a public spanking or if they are just saying that. I know that there are many spankees for whom, it's not a real spanking unless their spanker takes charge on his own, takes control away from her and gives her a spanking she at least pretends not to want. Perhaps, this is an example of the same thing, only to a different level?
web-ed wrote:But this isn't real life, and in spanking erotica we can entertain all sorts of fantasies 8-). Here, Phil is joining such company as the spanking artists Eve and SP Anka - but perhaps we should wait for the next episode before saying more.
Yeah........no real life here and we can and will entertain all sorts of fantasies indeed :lol:. Thanks for the compliment and placing me in such esteemed company :D . I'm glad you're enjoying the toon so far. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

UH-OH :lol: . I hope you all enjoy the new pic
announcement
announcement
011.jpg (351.44 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
. Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Like the shock look on one of the girls face as she ask why that chair turn around :lol: Xandra doing the walk of shame :D glad all her friend are going to witness her spanking A BIG THUMBS UP in humiliation 8-) :lol: THANKS!!!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Like the shock look on one of the girls face as she ask why that chair turn around :lol: Xandra doing the walk of shame :D glad all her friend are going to witness her spanking A BIG THUMBS UP in humiliation 8-) :lol: THANKS!!!!
Hi Butch,

I'm glad the look on the shocked girl's face gave you a chuckle :D . Our girl, Xandra, does seem to be a bit apprehensive at this point 8-) . If she thinks this is humiliating, just wait until she sees what's coming up for her :lol: . I'm glad you're enjoying her predicament :D . thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

I really like the newest panel of your story... the apprehension on Xandra's face, and in her body language... the gleeful anticipation of most of the other girls in the lounge... Mmmmm! It's really getting exciting!

I see Anna has decided to actively help Walter by turning a chair around for him to use. At first, she was trying to blend into the background... (maybe so she wouldn't have to take sides between Walter and Xandra?)

And now it's revealed that the girl in the pink dress has been spanked by her boyfriend too! ...and recently, at that! Hmmmm! That makes three of them, that is, three girls who are about to watch Walter spank Xandra, who know what it's like to be on the receiving end... AND seem to heartily approve of Walter's plan! Perhaps they all know that they deserved the spankings they got... and Xandra has been a lot brattier than any of them have ever been!

You haven't given us any information on the girl in green, the one who says, "Cool! GIGGLE!"

Heh heh! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installment of this story!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

I really like the newest panel of your story... the apprehension on Xandra's face, and in her body language... the gleeful anticipation of most of the other girls in the lounge... Mmmmm! It's really getting exciting!
hi Boom,

I'm glad you enjoyed Xandra's apprehension.......she's got a lot to be apprehensive about :lol: . I'm also glad you found it exciting.......the excitement is definitely building and even more so with Walt's announcement that he is going to spank Xandra :D .
hugob00m wrote:I see Anna has decided to actively help Walter by turning a chair around for him to use. At first, she was trying to blend into the background... (maybe so she wouldn't have to take sides between Walter and Xandra?)
I think perhaps it's occurred to Anna that her roomie really does deserve this spanking and she's decided to just relax and enjoy the show :lol: .
hugob00m wrote: And now it's revealed that the girl in the pink dress has been spanked by her boyfriend too! ...and recently, at that! Hmmmm! That makes three of them, that is, three girls who are about to watch Walter spank Xandra, who know what it's like to be on the receiving end... AND seem to heartily approve of Walter's plan! Perhaps they all know that they deserved the spankings they got... and Xandra has been a lot brattier than any of them have ever been!
That's an interesting theory you have about the other girls knowing that they deserved the spankings they have gotten and that Xandra really deserves the one she's about to get :D . Of course, having gotten spankings themselves, they each may have different thoughts and reasons they think their own spankings were good for them.......and why Xandra's spanking will be good for her 8-) . We'll see as we go along ;) . In any case, it does seem that most of them do INDEED approve of Walter's plan to spank Xandra there in the lounge, right in front of them 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:You haven't given us any information on the girl in green, the one who says, "Cool! GIGGLE!"

Heh heh! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installment of this story!
It's my intention to continue showing the comments being made by the onlookers since it seems to me that such comments are an integral part of this public spanking scenario, so we will find out more about each of the girls as the toon continues :D . I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :D Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:As far as her name goes, some time back, I got tired of trying to think up names for my characters and just started through the alphabet. It's tough to find a girl's name that starts with X.
I was thinking about two possible pronunciations for that name: One is "X = Z"... or there is "X = KS" If you use the second... it would sound a little bit like "Cassandra"... and that name always makes me think of Elvira without her costume... (And THAT thought REALLY appeals to me! :D :D :D :D )
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Elvira! Elvira!
Her ass is on fire,Elvira!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I was thinking about two possible pronunciations for that name: One is "X = Z"... or there is "X = KS" If you use the second... it would sound a little bit like "Cassandra"... and that name always makes me think of Elvira without her costume... (And THAT thought REALLY appeals to me! :D :D :D :D )
Hi Boom,

I didn't have anything in mind for how to pronounce Xandra. I was just thrilled to find a reasonable girls name starting with X :lol: . Having said this, feel free to pronounce it any way that pleases you :D . Phil