Good Marks

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks

Post by web-ed »

If we were to analyze our story so far (and why shouldn't we?), it seems the expository phase is over and the latest scene begins with a kind of transition that is going to lead to some decisive action ;) ! Now if that sounds a little dry, the truth is I'm enjoying the latest developments, and one in particular: Xandra's stubborn refusal to accede to Walt's request that they go back to his place to discuss things in private. Not only is this entirely in keeping with Xandra's personality (as all of us know who have ever encountered a brat, or in the case of female readers, have actually been a brat), it means that her ineluctable spanking will take place in front of witnesses - hooray :D !

Before we get into the witness issue from the spankee's point of view, we should remember that young women are very, very interested in the love lives of their friends and acquaintances. Young men, not so much. Therefore, it is rather unlikely that any of the other girls in this scene would tactfully withdraw from the lounge area once the argument between Walt and Xandra got going - they're teen-age girls, not Ambassadors to the Court of St. James, and will behave accordingly! (One apparently very shy girl wants to leave - or at least a part of her does - but she doesn't want to draw attention to herself. I will suggest that deep down, she wants to stay also, but this desire isn't as strong as it is in the other girls and in the end it's the desire to be unnoticed that keeps her in place. This is an interesting character even if a minor one.)

O.K., now back to witnessing a spanking. In my magnum opus on spanking psychology, I discussed having witnesses present as a kind of spanking embellishment - something that adds to the spanking experience. In actual practice, it's rare to have witnesses to a spanking outside of a spanking party or sometimes a birthday spanking given at a party. It is, however, quite a common fantasy even though few women who fantasize about having their spankings witnessed would actually want it to happen that way because the embarrassment is so great.

But this isn't real life, and in spanking erotica we can entertain all sorts of fantasies 8-). Here, Phil is joining such company as the spanking artists Eve and SP Anka - but perhaps we should wait for the next episode before saying more.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:If we were to analyze our story so far (and why shouldn't we?), it seems the expository phase is over and the latest scene begins with a kind of transition that is going to lead to some decisive action ;) ! Now if that sounds a little dry, the truth is I'm enjoying the latest developments, and one in particular: Xandra's stubborn refusal to accede to Walt's request that they go back to his place to discuss things in private. Not only is this entirely in keeping with Xandra's personality (as all of us know who have ever encountered a brat, or in the case of female readers, have actually been a brat), it means that her ineluctable spanking will take place in front of witnesses - hooray :D !
Hi web-ed,

We are indeed transitioning as Walter reveals just how much he knows about Xandra's naughty plan :D . Stubbornness is one of my pet peeves and in my opinion, is a spanking offense in and of itself. However, in many cases, such as this one, it also serves to piss the spanker off even more when a spanking is already deserved and I have to figure that any additional punishment, such as being spanked in public, is entirely her own fault :lol: . I definitely agree with your comments that this is in keeping with Xandra's personality and typical of brats in general. This has probably accounted for a large number of spanked female bottoms down through history 8-) .
web-ed wrote:Before we get into the witness issue from the spankee's point of view, we should remember that young women are very, very interested in the love lives of their friends and acquaintances. Young men, not so much. Therefore, it is rather unlikely that any of the other girls in this scene would tactfully withdraw from the lounge area once the argument between Walt and Xandra got going - they're teen-age girls, not Ambassadors to the Court of St. James, and will behave accordingly! (One apparently very shy girl wants to leave - or at least a part of her does - but she doesn't want to draw attention to herself. I will suggest that deep down, she wants to stay also, but this desire isn't as strong as it is in the other girls and in the end it's the desire to be unnoticed that keeps her in place. This is an interesting character even if a minor one.)

I agree with your comments that young women are interested in the relationships of their friends. A spankee friend of mine, commented to me that in this kind of situation, I should keep in mind the word vicarious! She was actually referring to the girls watching me and my girlfriend making out in the dorm upon my return from Germany but I think it applies equally well in this situation. That's especially true if some, or all, of these girls have been spanked by their boyfriends along the way. It strikes me that the reactions of the onlookers is an integral part of this scenario and each girl is different. Not only that but also, I have a feeling that each onlooker is going to go through different reactions at different times as things progress ;) . Hopefully, many of the other onlookers will have interesting reactions as we go along 8-) .
web-ed wrote:O.K., now back to witnessing a spanking. In my magnum opus on spanking psychology, I discussed having witnesses present as a kind of spanking embellishment - something that adds to the spanking experience. In actual practice, it's rare to have witnesses to a spanking outside of a spanking party or sometimes a birthday spanking given at a party. It is, however, quite a common fantasy even though few women who fantasize about having their spankings witnessed would actually want it to happen that way because the embarrassment is so great.
I totally agree that it is a common fantasy but no one actually wants it to happen. I might even take it a step further and venture the opinion that it is often a favorite fantasy. That brings to mind the question of whether or not these spankees who fantasize about getting spanked in public, really don't want to actually get a public spanking or if they are just saying that. I know that there are many spankees for whom, it's not a real spanking unless their spanker takes charge on his own, takes control away from her and gives her a spanking she at least pretends not to want. Perhaps, this is an example of the same thing, only to a different level?
web-ed wrote:But this isn't real life, and in spanking erotica we can entertain all sorts of fantasies 8-). Here, Phil is joining such company as the spanking artists Eve and SP Anka - but perhaps we should wait for the next episode before saying more.
Yeah........no real life here and we can and will entertain all sorts of fantasies indeed :lol:. Thanks for the compliment and placing me in such esteemed company :D . I'm glad you're enjoying the toon so far. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

UH-OH :lol: . I hope you all enjoy the new pic
announcement
announcement
011.jpg (351.44 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
. Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Like the shock look on one of the girls face as she ask why that chair turn around :lol: Xandra doing the walk of shame :D glad all her friend are going to witness her spanking A BIG THUMBS UP in humiliation 8-) :lol: THANKS!!!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Like the shock look on one of the girls face as she ask why that chair turn around :lol: Xandra doing the walk of shame :D glad all her friend are going to witness her spanking A BIG THUMBS UP in humiliation 8-) :lol: THANKS!!!!
Hi Butch,

I'm glad the look on the shocked girl's face gave you a chuckle :D . Our girl, Xandra, does seem to be a bit apprehensive at this point 8-) . If she thinks this is humiliating, just wait until she sees what's coming up for her :lol: . I'm glad you're enjoying her predicament :D . thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

I really like the newest panel of your story... the apprehension on Xandra's face, and in her body language... the gleeful anticipation of most of the other girls in the lounge... Mmmmm! It's really getting exciting!

I see Anna has decided to actively help Walter by turning a chair around for him to use. At first, she was trying to blend into the background... (maybe so she wouldn't have to take sides between Walter and Xandra?)

And now it's revealed that the girl in the pink dress has been spanked by her boyfriend too! ...and recently, at that! Hmmmm! That makes three of them, that is, three girls who are about to watch Walter spank Xandra, who know what it's like to be on the receiving end... AND seem to heartily approve of Walter's plan! Perhaps they all know that they deserved the spankings they got... and Xandra has been a lot brattier than any of them have ever been!

You haven't given us any information on the girl in green, the one who says, "Cool! GIGGLE!"

Heh heh! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installment of this story!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

I really like the newest panel of your story... the apprehension on Xandra's face, and in her body language... the gleeful anticipation of most of the other girls in the lounge... Mmmmm! It's really getting exciting!
hi Boom,

I'm glad you enjoyed Xandra's apprehension.......she's got a lot to be apprehensive about :lol: . I'm also glad you found it exciting.......the excitement is definitely building and even more so with Walt's announcement that he is going to spank Xandra :D .
hugob00m wrote:I see Anna has decided to actively help Walter by turning a chair around for him to use. At first, she was trying to blend into the background... (maybe so she wouldn't have to take sides between Walter and Xandra?)
I think perhaps it's occurred to Anna that her roomie really does deserve this spanking and she's decided to just relax and enjoy the show :lol: .
hugob00m wrote: And now it's revealed that the girl in the pink dress has been spanked by her boyfriend too! ...and recently, at that! Hmmmm! That makes three of them, that is, three girls who are about to watch Walter spank Xandra, who know what it's like to be on the receiving end... AND seem to heartily approve of Walter's plan! Perhaps they all know that they deserved the spankings they got... and Xandra has been a lot brattier than any of them have ever been!
That's an interesting theory you have about the other girls knowing that they deserved the spankings they have gotten and that Xandra really deserves the one she's about to get :D . Of course, having gotten spankings themselves, they each may have different thoughts and reasons they think their own spankings were good for them.......and why Xandra's spanking will be good for her 8-) . We'll see as we go along ;) . In any case, it does seem that most of them do INDEED approve of Walter's plan to spank Xandra there in the lounge, right in front of them 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:You haven't given us any information on the girl in green, the one who says, "Cool! GIGGLE!"

Heh heh! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installment of this story!
It's my intention to continue showing the comments being made by the onlookers since it seems to me that such comments are an integral part of this public spanking scenario, so we will find out more about each of the girls as the toon continues :D . I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :D Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:As far as her name goes, some time back, I got tired of trying to think up names for my characters and just started through the alphabet. It's tough to find a girl's name that starts with X.
I was thinking about two possible pronunciations for that name: One is "X = Z"... or there is "X = KS" If you use the second... it would sound a little bit like "Cassandra"... and that name always makes me think of Elvira without her costume... (And THAT thought REALLY appeals to me! :D :D :D :D )
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Elvira! Elvira!
Her ass is on fire,Elvira!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I was thinking about two possible pronunciations for that name: One is "X = Z"... or there is "X = KS" If you use the second... it would sound a little bit like "Cassandra"... and that name always makes me think of Elvira without her costume... (And THAT thought REALLY appeals to me! :D :D :D :D )
Hi Boom,

I didn't have anything in mind for how to pronounce Xandra. I was just thrilled to find a reasonable girls name starting with X :lol: . Having said this, feel free to pronounce it any way that pleases you :D . Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Elvira! Elvira!
Her ass is on fire,Elvira!
HI Willjohn,

Well said :lol: . Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Xandra is already rubbing her bum and she has not been touched yet.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Xandra is already rubbing her bum and she has not been touched yet.
hi Willjohn,

Anticipation?? :lol: . Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Well founded anticipation. I think she is in familiar country. :roll:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

You promised us a blonde and delivered, will we get to see if the carpet matches the drapes?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:You promised us a blonde and delivered, will we get to see if the carpet matches the drapes?
Hi Willjohn,

I have posted the first 11 pics and I am now working on pic 17. In addition, I have a lot of this toon planned out but I have to admit that this is something that I hadn't considered :lol: We'll see how it works out 8-) . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

Our naughty girl, Xandra, seems to be babbling a bit :? ........perhaps she's experiencing a little panic :lol: ?. I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
the chase is on
the chase is on
012.jpg (339.96 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Xandra's face has turned red. Her behind should soon follow suit! :twisted:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Xandra's face has turned red. Her behind should soon follow suit! :twisted:
Hi Willjohn,

I have no doubt that's exactly what Walter has in mind :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #10-12

Post by web-ed »

O.K., I've got three panels to catch up on - looks like you've been busy, Phil :!:

Panel 10 - A spanking is imminent, and the onlookers are reacting very realistically, that is, the way young females would - the more shy ones are are embarrassed and a little scared, while the rest are giggling with anticipation at seeing one of their housemates spanked. Xandra is in good position to be bent over the back of the bench, but that is probably coincidence since the OTK position is going to be used.

Panel 11 - "S-Hour" is drawing closer, and Barb is getting ready to record the event for posterity. I hate Facebook, but I'm wondering now just how many spanking pictures actually get posted there? Also, I can't help noticing that Xandra has a nice big rear end - perfect for spanking :lol: !

Panel 12 - And speaking of the female derriere (and why shouldn't we, since this is CSR after all :) ), I also observe that a number of our young ladies here are, shall we say, "well made" for getting spanked, including Barb and the black-haired girl in purple who's actually rubbing her still-sore bottom (nice touch, by the way). Looks like a lot of spanking goes on around this place, but no one here is likely to complain about that. In fact, with this much spanking, I wouldn't be surprised to see some "Overbarrel U." pennants on the wall :lol: ! (The school symbol could feature crossed paddles).

Can't wait to see Xandra, to her horror, get taken over Walt's knee! :D
-- Web-Ed