Good Marks

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Good Marks

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:The "Corner-time Ouchie-dance"!

Xandra looks good with her bare red bottom bouncing around! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Boom,

She does indeed look good, a fact that Walter took some satisfaction in pointing out to her as she was dancing :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:And Anna has some "fond memories" of her childhood and teen years.
That's probably right. I can think of several people I know who really do have fond memories of their childhood spankings since to them, it signified the love of a parent, just as it does when they get spanked by their spouse ;) . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #75

Post by web-ed »

This was an interesting comparing of notes among all our spanked co-eds (it occurs to me that at Overbarrel U. "M.S." stands for "Master of Spanking" :lol: ). There seems to be a difference of opinion among spanking parents as to whether a spanking should be given privately or not. We all know the tradition of the woodshed, which must have been to obtain privacy when the only other indoor spaces available were in 2-room cabins where someone else was sure to be looking on, and I'm sure we've all heard of the spankee being sent to her bedroom to await her fate. The "lying on a bed" position, which I disfavor, certainly stems from this practice. Other parents believed in discipline on the spot: if the infraction took place in the living room, that's where the spanking was given even if the spankee's brother and friend were watching T.V.!

I've given public spankings and private ones, and on the whole I prefer the private ones although I'd like to think I've provided some entertaining moments for the spectators at the public ones (with the assistance of my spankee, of course). ;)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:This was an interesting comparing of notes among all our spanked co-eds (it occurs to me that at Overbarrel U. "M.S." stands for "Master of Spanking" :lol: ). There seems to be a difference of opinion among spanking parents as to whether a spanking should be given privately or not. We all know the tradition of the woodshed, which must have been to obtain privacy when the only other indoor spaces available were in 2-room cabins where someone else was sure to be looking on, and I'm sure we've all heard of the spankee being sent to her bedroom to await her fate. The "lying on a bed" position, which I disfavor, certainly stems from this practice. Other parents believed in discipline on the spot: if the infraction took place in the living room, that's where the spanking was given even if the spankee's brother and friend were watching T.V.!
Hi web-ed,

From various people I've talked to along the way, it would seem that there are indeed differences in the way parents who spank actually proceed. As I was telling Willjohn, the one similarity that I see is that parents who are serious about spanking as punishment, usually also have a ritual which helps to emphasize the importance of the infraction to the spankee. As you mentioned, these rituals may either involve spanking in front of family members or in private. You have already mentioned a couple of the private ones.....the old woodshed for one and I personally knew some girls who mentioned being sent to their rooms to wait for a spanking. In either case, it was all part of the ritual of getting punished with a spanking. Of course, even though no one else usually saw those spankings, except perhaps for mom, they still knew that everyone was aware they were getting spanked and could usually hear the spanking taking place.

Some parents, as you mentioned, just spanked whenever and where ever the infraction took place and it was just too bad if friends or siblings were around to witness it. However, there were some parents who felt that a spanking given in front of other family members both added to the humiliation of getting a spanking and acted as a deterrent to prevent further offenses and also to siblings who might have mischief on their minds. I had one girl tell me that her spankings were normally private but she decided to make fun of her younger cousins at an extended family gathering, probably a holiday. They had all been misbehaving and she told them they have better behave or they might get a spanking but that she didn't have to because she was too old for a spanking. Unfortunately, her father overheard the conversation, ceremoniously turned her over his lap, pulled up her dress, pulled down her panties and paddled her until she was squalling, in front of the entire family. I guess this one was a " let the punishment fit the crime" spanking.

Some girls were just spanked, some were spanked and stood in the corner and some were stood in the corner, then spanked and then put back in the corner. In some families, spankings were given in private and in others siblings were called to the room to watch. In each case, it depended on the family rituals..........rituals designed specifically to cause the spanking to have the most impact on the guilty spankee. I don't remember ever hearing anyone say that they actually got spanked in the living room and then stood in the corner in front of the family! I guess I kind of cobbled this together from all the variations of family spanking rituals :lol: .

As Boom mentioned, almost all of the spankees I've talked to about this have fond memories of their parental spankings regardless of the form they took or how much humiliation there was at the time because these rules were universally shared by all siblings and represented the love of their parents .
web-ed wrote:I've given public spankings and private ones, and on the whole I prefer the private ones although I'd like to think I've provided some entertaining moments for the spectators at the public ones (with the assistance of my spankee, of course). ;)
Perhaps it just depends on the circumstances ;) . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

From the conversation, it would appear that Walter not only took charge of their evening but he also took charge of Xandra 8-) , which seems to be something the girls approve of :D ......even if they do hate it :roll: :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
lessons learned
lessons learned
076.jpg (426.65 KiB) Viewed 5568 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

Well... the conversation has taken a turn that I pretty much expected. Xandra told the other girls that the spanking she got was followed by some intense sex with Walter! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Peggy was right. Spankings aren't all bad. And, of course, she should know! Mmmmm! I bet her boyfriend loves it when she's naughty!

Barb has truly done a favor for Xandra. More than one, in fact. Of course, Xandra got a night of passionate lovemaking to go with her spanking, but also, she's probably going to be a lot more diligent in her schoolwork after this, and not fritter away her education the way she has been!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

Well... the conversation has taken a turn that I pretty much expected. Xandra told the other girls that the spanking she got was followed by some intense sex with Walter! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Hi Boom,

This is what seemed right to me. After all, when a man gives his girl a good spanking, it starts a re connection between them and there's no better place to finish it than in the bed ;) .
hugob00m wrote:Peggy was right. Spankings aren't all bad. And, of course, she should know! Mmmmm! I bet her boyfriend loves it when she's naughty!
Peggy seems to have a better understanding of M/F relationships, including spanking, than all the others 8-) . I think you're right that her boyfriend does indeed love it when she's naughty and I also think that she's often naughty on purpose because she knows just how much it helps her and him and their relationship when he shows her his domination and allows her to show her submission 8-) ...........not to mention that she probably loves it when he plays with her bottom, even if it hurts a bit :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:Barb has truly done a favor for Xandra. More than one, in fact. Of course, Xandra got a night of passionate lovemaking to go with her spanking, but also, she's probably going to be a lot more diligent in her schoolwork after this, and not fritter away her education the way she has been!
Even though Barb was irritated with Xandra for the way she was treating her friend, she knew all along that a good spanking would help their relationship ;) . As far as Xandra's grades go, we'll be discussing that shortly :lol: . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

So Xandra still has a paddling to come?
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Poor Xander bet she not thinking about sitting in that chair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How old was the girl that got spanked bare bottom in front of her family :?: :?: if she was a teen I bet she wish she could find a hole to crawl in :oops: :oops: :oops: Private spanking sometime have some one listening at the door :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:So Xandra still has a paddling to come?
Hi Willjohn,

Yep! Walter has now taken care of all her infractions except for lying. He his going to paddle her to make sure she understands lying isn't acceptable :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Poor Xander bet she not thinking about sitting in that chair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How old was the girl that got spanked bare bottom in front of her family :?: :?: if she was a teen I bet she wish she could find a hole to crawl in :oops: :oops: :oops: Private spanking sometime have some one listening at the door :lol: :lol:
Hi Butch,

She was sitting but only with the aid of a nice, fat pillow and even at that, she could only sit so long :lol: . If I remember right, that girl told me she was 17 at the time, which is why she thought she was immune to getting a spanking 8-) . I know another spankee who was spanked at a family picnic by her boyfriend when she was in her 20s. She says that he really spanked the daylights out of her which delighted and amused the entire family. Apparently, many of the family members were egging her boyfriend on and making fun of her, all of which was loud enough she could hear the comments. He didn't think it was appropriate spank her bare bottom in public so he pulled her pants down and warmed the seat of her panties instead. Even at that, I can see why the family enjoyed it. I know I would have :lol: . While I didn't show it, if you remember in "Good Marks", Barb was listening outside the door while Al was spanking Anna for posting her video to FB 8-) . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #76

Post by web-ed »

So Xandra's brother got to see the video of his sister getting spanked? Wild! The combination of spanking, brother, and sister has always been intriguing to me.

Can't wait to see Xandra get paddled :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So Xandra's brother got to see the video of his sister getting spanked? Wild! The combination of spanking, brother, and sister has always been intriguing to me.

Can't wait to see Xandra get paddled :lol: !
Hi web-ed,

So far we've seen Xandra get hand spanked and paddled with a slipper over her panties, paddled with the slipper on her bare bottom and given a sample paddling on the bare with the ruler. However, if you're waiting to see her next paddling with the ruler, it's going to be a very long wait, as you will see in short order in just a few minutes. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

After all the discussion and all the stories, poor Xandra still seems confused.........and preoccupied :lol: . Her friends have what seems to be the perfect solution but there is apparently some question about it?? I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
HUH?!?
HUH?!?
077.jpg (382.04 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi again,

OK, here's the answer to the question :lol: :lol: . I hope you enjoy this pic and that you've enjoyed this marathon toon :D . I am working on a new toon but I don't know if I can have anything ready to post by next Friday so there may be a delay getting it going. Phil
full circle.........LOL
full circle.........LOL
078.jpg (390.87 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

I was wondering how you were going to handle the week of waiting, and I see now that you're going to leave it up to our imagination and move on to the next story. That surprised me a little at first, but now that I think about it, it really makes sense. After all, you have to end SOMEWHERE, and, of course we already know what Xandra looks like turned over Walter's knee! :D :D :D :D

In my own head, I envision Xandra going back to all the professors who gave her those bad grades, and begging them to let her take her tests over again... this time, with her seriously studying. Since it is, of course, OVERBARREL U, I'm sure they'd oblige... providing each one of them first spanks her for her slothful study habits! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, about her being grounded, that makes perfect sense. Even if she wasn't, it would be smart of her to not go out dancing with the girls until there's an improvement in her grades!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #76 & 77

Post by web-ed »

Well even though I wanted to see Xandra's next paddling, I can always picture it in my mind, and this double-sized wind-up to our story is certainly both funny and satisfying :lol: . It's logical, though - Xandra needs to spend more time studying and less time partying, and grounding her is one way to accomplish that.

I believe that Good Marks is going to become something of a legend: 77 installments extending over a period of a year and four months(!) is surely a record for a spanking story that no one is going to equal. It has everything: cute co-eds getting what they deserve from strict, caring boyfriends, and plenty of nicely-visualized OTK action :D . We're lucky to have had it here on CSR, and on behalf of the readers I thank you for providing it to us. 8-)

After an effort like this one I wouldn't blame you for wanting to take a rest for awhile, but since you're already working on a new story I can only say that whenever the first installment is ready, the spankos of this board will be eager to see it :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

I was wondering how you were going to handle the week of waiting, and I see now that you're going to leave it up to our imagination and move on to the next story. That surprised me a little at first, but now that I think about it, it really makes sense. After all, you have to end SOMEWHERE, and, of course we already know what Xandra looks like turned over Walter's knee! :D :D :D :D
Hi Boom,

You're right when you say it had to end somewhere and I thought I had shown just about everything I could in this one with the possible exception of Peggy getting a spanking. Perhaps I'll bring her back for a toon of her own one of these days 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:In my own head, I envision Xandra going back to all the professors who gave her those bad grades, and begging them to let her take her tests over again... this time, with her seriously studying. Since it is, of course, OVERBARREL U, I'm sure they'd oblige... providing each one of them first spanks her for her slothful study habits! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of the things I liked most about this particular toon is that it apparently got many of the viewers speculating and fantasizing about what was going to happen next :D . I took that as the highest compliment :D . Since I am leaving the story with Xandra waiting for a spanking, I was figuring that everyone would probably supply their own ending and I see you wasted no time getting started on that :lol: : .
hugob00m wrote: And, about her being grounded, that makes perfect sense. Even if she wasn't, it would be smart of her to not go out dancing with the girls until there's an improvement in her grades!
I too thought it made sense and I'm glad you concur. After all, Walter did promise her that and the fact that he had to spank her was entirely her own fault and certainly not a reason for him not to honor that promise ;) . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well even though I wanted to see Xandra's next paddling, I can always picture it in my mind, and this double-sized wind-up to our story is certainly both funny and satisfying :lol: . It's logical, though - Xandra needs to spend more time studying and less time partying, and grounding her is one way to accomplish that.
Hi web-ed,

I liked your comment that this ending was both funny and satisfying :D . As I said to Boom, I do think it was appropriate for Walter to keep his promise to ground Xandra ;) . I have the utmost confidence in your ability to visualize Xandra's paddling in your mind :lol: . It might even be better than what I would have done 8-) .
web-ed wrote: I believe that Good Marks is going to become something of a legend: 77 installments extending over a period of a year and four months(!) is surely a record for a spanking story that no one is going to equal. It has everything: cute co-eds getting what they deserve from strict, caring boyfriends, and plenty of nicely-visualized OTK action :D . We're lucky to have had it here on CSR, and on behalf of the readers I thank you for providing it to us. 8-)
Thanks for the wonderful comment :D :D . I hadn't intended for it to go this long. The story just took on a life of it's own but I'm certainly not sorry that it did :D .
web-ed wrote:After an effort like this one I wouldn't blame you for wanting to take a rest for awhile, but since you're already working on a new story I can only say that whenever the first installment is ready, the spankos of this board will be eager to see it :lol: !
I have been really busy and things have been hectic all year which is why I've been struggling to get new pics done. Anyway, after I did the mowing on Thursday, I just had to have a day off, which wound up being 2. I did work on the new toon and I got a lot of things set up and even finished the first pic. I really don't want to start with just one though as I feel like 2 are necessary to get it going properly so whether or not I will be able to start it on Friday, depends on if I can get time to get a second pic done. I'll give you a hint and tell you that the new toon will be called Growing Pains :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Phil

Taking it all the way back to March 2016 with the introduction and moving forward from that point all the way through to the recent conclusion you have managed a consistently fine work, that's quite remarkable given the length of the story. I lift an appropriate glass of Champaign in a toast to your accomplishment. Beauregard Bottomly would be proud. 8-)
I wish now I had commented, in a more timely manner, on several of the topics that came up because of your story. Unfortunately I sometimes get so caught up in my own part of this cyber operation that I forget to stop and comment on what's going on at other parts of the site. For example, your mention of corner time punishment in the lives of several of these young women was pretty fascinating. Oh yes, corner-time, spankings less physically painful [for the most part] but often just as humiliating cousin in disciplining the naughty female . The ultimate act of bondage and yet accomplished without ropes, gags, straps or chains - forcing your will upon a woman out of her guilt, submission to your authority, threat of further punishment or just because she likes it. Fully clothed or bottom exposed what a delightful sight to see. Soap in the mouth, maybe hands on the head, before or after the spanking or even no spanking at all - nose in the corner-time - in and of itself can be a most satisfying event. How humiliating it must have been for the girl in the story to be in the corner under the watchful eyes of father and brother. A time of isolation, deprivation and contemplation for the young lady. A time of satisfaction and accomplishment for her authority figure. Thanks for making that a part of your adventure. Obviously your stories are not only enjoyable but thought provoking. I'm certainly looking forward to what comes next.
Phil S.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

You’re right, Web-ed, when you say that the 77 panels in Overbarrel's "Good Marks" opus are the stuff of legend. I would just want to say here that my favorite of Overbarrel's stories, "Family Tradition," which ran from 2/27/15 to 3/13/16, brought us SEVENTY-TWO panels; a close second in numbers, I guess, but I think it is superior to "Good Marks" for reasons unconnected to the number of pictures.

I believe there is more to a spanking story than the number of pictures you put into it. "Good Marks" is certainly the champ as far as the number of girls who get spanked. Let's see: Xandra, Anna, Barb, Peggy... that's four, isn't it? In my favorite, "Fam Trad," there are only two spankees, just as there were only two spankees in another fave, "One Good Turn." But those numbers should not be the major selling point.

An excellent spanking story should create, in addition to pics of pretty bottoms being spanked, a delightful frisson that arises from the situation. A girl getting her bottom whacked is nice, but how much nicer if the spankee is a person from a higher social level than the man spanking her. That is one of the reasons we all enjoyed seeing The Phantom – a commoner – spanking the naughty Queen Pera. And another commoner, Evad, putting his own superior, Queen Arda, over his knee for another good spanking. Situations like these make our nerve endings quiver. I’m pretty sure you know which “nerve endings” I’m talking about.

In a similar way, I am moved beyond joyousness when I see a good-looking and youngish mother, Miss Vicky, getting spanked by her husband Ulysses… right in front of their daughter Tina and son-in-law Steve. Omigod, how humiliating! Of course Overbarrel does the right thing and has the spanking take place right in front of the kids, deepening Vicky’s humiliation; remember, Vicky is the nominal "authority figure" since she is Tina's mother and this all takes place in Vicky's own house. This eventually leads to Steve spanking Tina, as we all expected. But the frisson of seeing your good-looking mother-in-law getting soundly spanked with her skirt up and her panties down just had to affect Steve, and in a major way! :D

If I may inject a mention here of my own work: My own heroine, whom I call Spanky Sal, has been frequently spanked by authority figures: A traffic cop, a foreign ambassador, her college professor, et cetera. But a few years ago I decided to have Sal go over the knee of one of her own male students: A seventeen-year-old boy named Tommy! He loves spanking his pretty teacher (she, not he, is the authority figure) and she apparently doesn’t mind.

Back to Overbarrel: Yes, I love “One Good Turn” and once considered it Overbarrel’s finest work. It really is wonderful, especially the poser artistry. But the only spanker in the story is the authority figure: father of one spankee and the grandfather of another. Overbarrel's recent “Good Marks” is another good story, with all those pretty girls getting their fannies spanked to a crimson hue. But remember: in this story the spankers and the spankees are all college students, thus they are all on the same social level. To my mind, “Family Tradition” is (so far) Overbarrel's masterpiece because of the exciting frissons (there’s that word again) he provides to go along with the spankings.

Cheers,
Dan