Good Marks

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Good Marks

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Good Lord, I hope Anna didn't hear you. This series has always been M/F, with no other configurations. I know that b00m, for one, does not draw F/F spankings either. Neither do I. Sam Swatt and Captain Woodshed are 100 per cent male, and so are all of Spanky Sal's spankers. Cheers,Dan
Don't panic Dan.......Anna will not be spanking anyone :lol: While I have done at least 2 F/F spankings, one of them was a teacher spanking a student and the other was an illustration I did for a story written by someone else. I have no plans to do any more :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

"Spanky"? Heh heh!

Hi, Phil.

I like Xandra's new nickname!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:"Spanky"? Heh heh!Hi, Phil.I like Xandra's new nickname!
Hi Boom,

It just seemed a reasonable thing for some of Xandra's giggling friends to call her :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #41

Post by web-ed »

Nice scene here, Phil. Girls love to talk, and of course they tell each other practically everything about their boyfriends. It's quite possible you could work in a flashback sequence at this point, with Anna narrating while we see her over Al's knee, if you wanted to.

I really love the Overbarrel University poster 8-) ! Naturally two sorority paddles are part of the design. If anyone objects, we can point out that at many colleges these days learning is treated as secondary to the school's football or basketball program, so they might as well focus on something really important - like spanking! :lol:

I worked out the first verse for an O.U. school song a while back, and you've got an emblem now, but I can't remember: did we ever discuss what the school's colors should be? Red would have to be one of them... ;) We're almost ready to open up O.U. as an online university! The only problem is I can't think of how we could spank and paddle the co-eds over the internet! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

overbarrel49 wrote:
hugob00m wrote:"Spanky"? Heh heh!Hi, Phil.I like Xandra's new nickname!
Hi Boom,

It just seemed a reasonable thing for some of Xandra's giggling friends to call her :lol: . Thanks, Phil
Seems the whole dorm could be called that. Spanky I, Spanky II, Spanky III etc....
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Seems the whole dorm could be called that. Spanky I, Spanky II, Spanky III etc....
HI Willjohn,

That's an interesting idea and probably warrented :lol: . However, considering that Xandra is the only one who got a public spanking in the lounge, I think the title is probably hers :D . Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

Okay, so now we have moved away from the current story and are enjoying a "flashback" involving Anna and some dude named "Al." Got it? Good. Geez, I hope he spanks her HARD!

Anna is continuing to share secrets about her first spanking from Al with her roomie :D . Now maybe we'll find out some of the things these girls don't tell to just everyone 8-) . I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
nervous
nervous
042.jpg (281.16 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

hope Anna tells us who spanked the hardest her dad or Al :lol: :!:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Nice grouping of images, Phil. In place of a "normal" panel, you have created a DREAM panel, i.e., a picture with deliberately blurred edges, to indicate that this is a flashback to something that happened in the past. The RECENT past, I would guess. :D

Also, you have completely revamped your usual method of displaying the thought balloons. Rather than putting them in the TOP HALF of your drawing, there they are... down below! These deviations from the norm combine to let us know: This panel is different; this time it's of another time, outside the flow of "Good Marks" in the girls' dormitory!

So, we are gifted with a really nice OTK pic of Anna, squirming over the lap of her boyfriend Al. There was nothing in the preceding panels that would lead us to believe we would receive this bonus... so, I'm offering my thanks to you, Phil. You really know how to please your followers!

And I'm with Butch... he hopes that Anna will tell us who spanked harder... her dad or Al? Why do we care? Why do we want to know? Oh, no reason except it's titillating. That's the way it goes, in the spanko community. :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi,Phil.

I wondered if your were going to do any flashbacks... and now I see that's what you're doing.

I like the way you have the present-day girls in a little inset at the bottom of the frame, providing some narration for the scene.

I look forward to the rest of it!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:hope Anna tells us who spanked the hardest her dad or Al
Hi Butch,

That topic might indeed come up during their discussion but I have to wonder if it isn't more likely that Anna would talk about which spanking had the greatest emotional impact or perhaps the differences in the 2 spankings 8-) . We'll see as the story unfolds. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Nice grouping of images, Phil. In place of a "normal" panel, you have created a DREAM panel, i.e., a picture with deliberately blurred edges, to indicate that this is a flashback to something that happened in the past. The RECENT past, I would guess. Also, you have completely revamped your usual method of displaying the thought balloons. Rather than putting them in the TOP HALF of your drawing, there they are... down below! These deviations from the norm combine to let us know: This panel is different; this time it's of another time, outside the flow of "Good Marks" in the girls' dormitory!
Hi Dan,

Your assessment of what I have done here is right on the money and I did all this for a reason :D . In past toons I have depicted what the spanking couple are saying before, during and after a spanking.......I have also shown some of the things they are thinking and feeling ( emotional feelings, that is, since we already know what they are feeling physically, especially the spankee's bottom :lol: ) during these times........I have shown the reactions of unseen onlookers..........we have also investigated the thoughts and comments of onlookers who are present for a spanking that both spanker and spankee know is being given in public.............not to mention the reactions of the spanking couple to participating in a public spanking. Having said all that, it's been my experience that women will often put up a front when talking to their men but are generally more open and honest with their girl friends and will admit things to them they would never admit to their boyfriends/husbands. I thought it was time we investigated some of the things these girls might discuss in private when talking about spankings they have gotten and this is the method I came up with for doing just that 8-) .
daneldorado wrote:So, we are gifted with a really nice OTK pic of Anna, squirming over the lap of her boyfriend Al. There was nothing in the preceding panels that would lead us to believe we would receive this bonus... so, I'm offering my thanks to you, Phil. You really know how to please your followers!
I was glad to read your comments. I post these pics at my blog and a yahoo group to which I belong as well as here at CSR and yours was the first comment concerning the changes I made in the way I am presenting this. As usual when I try something new, I am never certain how what I think is a good idea will be received so I was very pleased that you liked this idea :D . We will be proceeding in this manner for most of the rest of this toon.
daneldorado wrote:And I'm with Butch... he hopes that Anna will tell us who spanked harder... her dad or Al? Why do we care? Why do we want to know? Oh, no reason except it's titillating. That's the way it goes, in the spanko community. Cheers,Dan
That is indeed the way it goes in the spanko community :lol: . I'll refer you to my reply to the comments Butch made for my answer about what differences Anna may see in a spanking from her dad and one from Al. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi,Phil.I wondered if your were going to do any flashbacks... and now I see that's what you're doing.I like the way you have the present-day girls in a little inset at the bottom of the frame, providing some narration for the scene.I look forward to the rest of it!
Hi Boom,

We are indeed having flashbacks in the form of private discussions of previous spankings between the girls :D . As I commented to Dan, I am never certain how a new idea will be received by other folks so I am pleased that you approve of the way I'm handling this :D . We will continue on this way for most of the rest of the toon. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Somehow I doubt that Anna will be comparing Al's spanking of her with the ones she got for misbehaving as a child. That is another country.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Somehow I doubt that Anna will be comparing Al's spanking of her with the ones she got for misbehaving as a child. That is another country.
Hi Willjohn,

This is an interesting theory and the emotional aspects are definitely going to be different. We'll see exactly what Anna has to say as we go through the toon ;) . Thanks, Phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

I really enjoy the way you have positioned Anna in this frame I love otk the best and it was a great flashback. Quite well done. Thank you for sharing it and have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote:I really enjoy the way you have positioned Anna in this frame I love otk the best and it was a great flashback. Quite well done. Thank you for sharing it and have a great day.Jim
Hi Jim,

I'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . I love OTK the best too 8-) . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #42

Post by web-ed »

Well, I certainly am not going to complain about a flashback sequence whose possibility I raised last time, especially when the OTK positioning is as great as it is here! Of course getting a girl OTK is not a new problem for you, but it takes some effort to get it right I'm sure and you have done it once again!

Hope this series continues for a long, long time! :D
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well, I certainly am not going to complain about a flashback sequence whose possibility I raised last time, especially when the OTK positioning is as great as it is here! Of course getting a girl OTK is not a new problem for you, but it takes some effort to get it right I'm sure and you have done it once again!
Hi web-ed,

OK, I'm really confused. I seem to have completely missed your reply to the pic I posted before this one, even though it looks like I replied to some that came after it?!? I'm usually very thorough and try to read everything that's posted to the forum but this one seems to have blown right by me.......sigh. Anyway, I'm going to go back to your comments on that pic and try to reply to that before I move on to the current pic.

You said, Nice scene here, Phil. Girls love to talk, and of course they tell each other practically everything about their boyfriends. It's quite possible you could work in a flashback sequence at this point, with Anna narrating while we see her over Al's knee, if you wanted to.

You called it! and I might add, so did Boom :D . You guys are starting to understand me way too well :lol: . I will refer you to my reply to Dan's comments about the current pic for an explanation as to why I thought this was a good idea. I have a hunch there are many of us spankers who would love to be a fly on the wall when girls are talking about their relationships with their men privately and that's especially true when they are talking about spankings they've gotten :D .

You went on to say, I really love the Overbarrel University poster 8-) ! Naturally two sorority paddles are part of the design. If anyone objects, we can point out that at many colleges these days learning is treated as secondary to the school's football or basketball program, so they might as well focus on something really important - like spanking! :lol:

Thanks for your comments about the Overbarrel U poster :D . I too thought the sorority paddles were a logical addition to my logo and I'm sure most CSR members would agree with you too :D . I couldn't agree more with your comments about the sports programs and I'm going to limit my comments to that so as to avoid getting on a soap box :x . As far as I know, there are no college sponsored spanking teams but it sure brings some interesting thoughts to mind :lol: .

You also said, I worked out the first verse for an O.U. school song a while back, and you've got an emblem now, but I can't remember: did we ever discuss what the school's colors should be? Red would have to be one of them... ;) We're almost ready to open up O.U. as an online university! The only problem is I can't think of how we could spank and paddle the co-eds over the internet! :lol:

I have not given any thought to the school colors but I definitely agree that one of the should be red :D . As for the other one, perhaps our members could send in their suggestions to help us decide. Perhaps our pennant could be shaped like the back of a pair of panties :lol: Perhaps the co-eds could come to regional campuses located at our houses, to get their spankings 8-) . I'll bet the local people would have some interesting reactions to signs on the buildings :lol: .

OK, now on to your current comments;
web-ed wrote:Well, I certainly am not going to complain about a flashback sequence whose possibility I raised last time, especially when the OTK positioning is as great as it is here! Of course getting a girl OTK is not a new problem for you, but it takes some effort to get it right I'm sure and you have done it once again!
I'm glad you approve of the flashback sequence since I am planning to finish most of the rest of this toon in this manner :D . BTW, Anna will not be the only one narrating such an event before the end of the toon 8-) . Thanks for the compliment on the OTK positioning. It's always my intention to get the spanking started out right by having the naughty girl properly placed :D .
web-ed wrote:Hope this series continues for a long, long time!
We do have quite a ways to go. Anna has to finish her story, which will be followed by at least one other girl who will attempt to help Xandra think through her current emotional confusion and then Xandra herself will have a story to tell :D . It occurred to me a few days ago that this story will not be finished before Christmas so I will no doubt have to interrupt it for some Christmas toons. All I have to do is think of some Christmas themed spanking scenarios, which is becoming more difficult as the years pass. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I doubt that Xandra will be thinking through much apart from the fact that her arse has never been so hot. :roll: