Growing Pains

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Growing Pains

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:In our comments we make some interesting predictions, suggestions and let our preferences be made known. I wonder what you consider proper commenter protocol? I'm thinking oops! What if I make a very good guess and steal your thunder and more importantly give away a plot line prematurely :( :?: Just wondering?
HI Phil,

I hadn't given any consideration to any protocol. I just figured that if someone had a comment, they would make it :lol: . Let me put it this way, I often change the direction of the toon because I get a good idea from a viewers comments :D . It was partly viewer comments that caused "Good Marks" to be so long :lol: . I always figure that if a comment gives away the plot line, that means I was to obvious about it :lol: .
Sweetspot wrote:I appreciate how careful the dialogue is presented in these panels. That's tricky since two or three of the characters are on the other side of a door in part 4, unseen to this point so it could have easily been confusing.
I appreciate this comment. I realize when the pic was almost done that it might be confusing since there were 3 people on the other side of the door so this is the solution I came up with. Anyway, I'm glad it was clear to you who was speaking.
Sweetspot wrote:So having just argued against speculating I'm going to proceed to speculate. I'm guessing that none of the constraints that would face a real world school as regards to the rules governing corporal punishment presents a problem at Fessee High School. No doubt the school board places no limitations on the actions of Principal Swatson who is free to use his own discretion when it comes to matter of clothing or bare, paddle or hand and is free to carry on for as long as he finds it necessary. :D
Another interesting comment. Fessee high school, just like Overbarrel U., exists in my idea spanking fantasy world and while I strive for as much real world accuracy as possible, I will admit to using a bit of artistic license :lol: . The exact policies concerning spanking at Fessee will be revealed as we move forward :D .
Sweetspot wrote:I wasn't sure if making the girls 18 was important to you because you wanted to make them adults or if you wanted to be able to give the girls an "You can't do this to me I'm an adult!" argument in order to add to their humiliation when they find themselves being spanked and or paddled?
Both. I always want to stay age appropriate as it just heads off potential problems. If I'm not mistaken, web-ed makes sure CSR is about adult spanking and I do the same with my blog. On the other hand, that 18 year old threshold provided my spankee with the attitude that is getting her spanked 8-) .
Sweetspot wrote: A great story that so far reads like a good piece of spanking fiction even if you took away the art work.
That's actually kind of an insightful comment. You wouldn't believe just how wordy and detailed the fantasies that spawn these pics actually are :lol: . It's a struggle to get the words down to where I can put them on the pics which is why some of my pics are so crowded with words :lol: . I started out just doing spanking pics but I evolved into a story teller doing spanking stories with pics :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:You'd think at a school named "Fesse High" where corporal punishment is obviously used, Lynne would have guessed that spanking might await them both for this little stunt, and that Linda would have known better than to utter the classic words "You wouldn't dare!" which she should have been taught back in Freshman Spanking 101 is absolutely the last thing you say to a male who's threatening to spank you :lol: .
Hi web-ed,

Lynne mentioned that they had never been in any serious trouble before so maybe that's why she never considered that Linda might get a spanking. On the other hand, as we will see going forward, the fact that some girls do get spanked by Dr. Swatson, is widely known to the students. Basically, I just ignored all this in the interest of the story line :lol: . Actually, the classic words Linda unwisely uttered were, "what are you going to do, spank me?" :lol: "You wouldn't dare" will be coming up shortly though 8-) . You are right that it's absolutely the last thing a girl would want to say in this situation, which I thought made it the perfect choice for Linda, considering her attitude :lol: . Of course, poor Lynne almost peed her pants when she said it :lol: .
web-ed wrote:And did anyone else notice the "Spanking in Progress" red sign flashing on Dr. Swatson's door? Great touch there, Phil! Lynne apparently hasn't seen it yet. I'm guessing that maybe 10% of Fesse High's electric bill is spent on lighting up that sign :lol: even as Dr. Swatson lights up some bad girl bottoms :oops: . [/quote

Thanks for noticing that :D . Originally, I just needed a place to put my logo and the words just evolved from "principal of the year" to principal spanker of the rears" to "spanking in progress" :lol: . It was my intention to indicate that this has been a really busy season for spanking naughty girls in the principal's office. However, we are a long way from getting to that, if indeed we ever do.
web-ed wrote:You asked for it, Linda!
She did indeed as indicated by Dr. Swatson's comment that he liked Linda's idea better :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Great start to your new story, Phil. And I'm glad that b00m and others here have noticed, and made comments on, your skills as a wordsmith. Man! The titles you give to your Principal and your Vice Principal are devilishly clever, and so is b00m's comment that these people belong in an ELEMENTARY school! These quips start us off laughing out loud, even before the main business of your story appears on our screens.
HI Dan,

I'm glad you've enjoyed the start of the new story :D . It's funny how things evolve. It was always my intention that the principal should be a man and the vice principal should be a woman. I thought that the principal should have a doctorate. The first thing that came to mind was Dr. Watson. It was a very short leap from there to Dr. Swatson :lol: . Obviously Dr. Swatson's vice principal should be Sherlock Holmes but Sherlock is no name for a woman so it became Shirley. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed this and thanks for noticing it :D . I too thought Boom's comment was very clever :D .
daneldorado wrote:I also love that you've changed the Principal's title from "Spanker of the Rears" to the present "Spanking in Progress." There's nothing like keeping the public informed, is there? :P

Cheers,
Dan
I've always thought that there is room for humor in any spanking situation, no matter how serious the spanking :D . Besides, I needed somewhere to put my logo :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:1: "Spanker of the rears".
2: "Spanking in progress".

Logical progression "Senior student in pain"?
Hi Willjohn,

That would indeed be a logical progression :lol: Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Yeesh - I was so tired I got the classic quote wrong! Also, I forgot to address Phil S's question about the girls being 18, although it wasn't addressed to me and Phil O.'s answer pretty much covered it. Apart from helping to give Linda a bad attitude that requires adjusting by Dr. Swatson ;) , being 18 is a general requirement for spankees at CSR with the exception of all those terrible Super-Tot "spankings" where the spanker inevitably says, "Oww - my hand!" (at least two of which I'm responsible for discovering - yechh! :x ). It's o.k. to stretch a point if the matter is ambiguous, that is, to assume Betty, Veronica, Suzie, Susie Q. are 18 even if there's a slight doubt in some cases, but I don't want to present obvious child-spankings such as the many that were given to the "little girls" Li'l Audrey, Li'l Dot, Li'l Jinx, Nancy, Katy Keene's little sister, Wendy the Good Little Witch, etc.

Why not? After all, many of these were perfectly good scenes in the sense of being well drawn enough, not gratuitous, and generally of humorous intention with no suggestion of child abuse. The answer is that many of both the M/F and F/F spankings found on CSR include erotic elements - not always, of course, as some are merely disciplinary - and we don't want to imply a broader context in which children are spanked in an erotic manner. Yes, it should be possible to distinguish between an innocent spanking of Li'l Jinx by her father and the erotically-charged spanking of Queen Pera by Jorge in The Phantom, and that's one reason I do list child-spankings in the Data Base, but this way we retain a very comfortable distance between CSR and any grown men spanking underage girls in an erotic context.

O.K., all this yakking and I still haven't answered two obvious questions:

1. What about a scene with a teen-age boy spanking his girl friend of about the same age? Would that be o.k. on CSR? Yes - even assuming an erotic component, which obviously was the case for many of us when we spanked our girl friends as teen-agers many moons ago (in a double sense :lol: ), this is still all right as we're not suggesting an older man taking advantage of a child, and we simply assume for convenience that these teen-agers who are driving cars and dating are 18 years old.

2. Why did I post all that Super-Tot stuff? Well, there's obviously no child abuse where the spanker comes close to breaking his or her hand, the scenes are utterly devoid of any conceivable erotic content, and I really, really, like making DC look ridiculous :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

Considering what Lynne was hearing from the hall outside the principal's office, I think it's time we had a look inside to see what's going on :D . There's an old saying among spankos, "be careful what you wish for because you might get it" and I think maybe Linda's learning one possible meaning for that :lol: . I hope you like the new pic . Phil
showing off
showing off
1005.jpg (360.9 KiB) Viewed 8015 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

NICE :D I think Lynne is a spanko wanting to watch Linda get spanked :twisted: :lol: she doesn`t seem to be shock at what going on in fact she looks happy ! Great added touch to see a woman watching making sure he only spanking her :lol: :lol: :twisted: 8-) HOT!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

I like your newest panel. Linda showed off her sheer panties for the boys, and now she's worried about the principal seeing them? He seems unmoved by her objections! Even her friend listening outside the door believes that Linda has been needing to be spanked for quite some time now!

And we get to see the vice principal for the first time... a rather hot middle-aged lady. I find myself hoping that someone is going to come up with an excuse to give her a warm bottom! Would you say she's gloating over the pretty student's punishment?

As for Linda's friend, Lynne... well, she really shouldn't be eavesdropping! It's likely she'll bet caught in the act and wind up getting spanked too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Very, very nice pose in your latest, Phil. This is a rarely-seen angle in OTK artistry, but it's a good one.

By the way: Now that we get to see what Dr. Shirley Holmes looks like, I wonder if after the two cheerleaders have received their spankings (as we are all sure they WILL), we might get to see Dr. Shirley get turned OTK. Her teeth need some work, :? but the rest of her looks mighty spankable! :)

Good show, Phil.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains #1005

Post by web-ed »

Something to please everyone here: Lynne's eavesdropping adds to the humor and overall tension; the presence of the Vice-Principal adds a witness to the spanking; the spankee's skirt is being lifted (a key moment with cheerleader spankings, and no more than poetic justice in this case ;) ); and the OTK position is being employed for the majority that favor this position while the muscular Dr. Swatson prepares to deliver the first spank to Linda's deserving rear end (obviously conditioning of the arm muscles is a program requirement for school administrators who will be administering corporal punishment :lol: ).

Everyone should be happy and waiting to see Linda get her first swat from Swatson! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Now there's a man who clearly enjoys his work :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:NICE :D I think Lynne is a spanko wanting to watch Linda get spanked :twisted: :lol: she doesn`t seem to be shock at what going on in fact she looks happy ! Great added touch to see a woman watching making sure he only spanking her :lol: :lol: :twisted: 8-) HOT!!

Hi Butch,

Lynne is indeed happy for a couple reasons. For one, Linda getting a spanking means she will not be kicked off the cheer leading team. The other reason is that she knows full Linda needs a good spanking and she's hoping it will do her some good 8-) . Besides, she needs to stay there and support her friend :lol: . I think Mrs. Holmes is probably required to watch when Dr. Swatson is spanking a girl just to make sure things are on the up and up. I also think she's getting a certain amount of satisfaction from watching this one :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

I like your newest panel. Linda showed off her sheer panties for the boys, and now she's worried about the principal seeing them? He seems unmoved by her objections! Even her friend listening outside the door believes that Linda has been needing to be spanked for quite some time now!
Hi Boom,

I'm glad you liked the new pic :D . Dr. Swatson does indeed seem unmoved by her objections, along with Mrs. Holmes and Lynne :lol: . As we will see going forward, Lynne isn't the only one who thinks Linda has needed a spanking for quite some time :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:And we get to see the vice principal for the first time... a rather hot middle-aged lady. I find myself hoping that someone is going to come up with an excuse to give her a warm bottom! Would you say she's gloating over the pretty student's punishment?
I'm glad you liked my choice of vice principal :D . I agree with you that she's not bad looking for her age and as I think I've demonstrated in the past, no woman in my toons is too old for a spanking :lol: so there's always the possibility that she could be one of them that does get a spanking ;). Mrs. Holmes does seem to be one of those people who thinks Linda needs a good spanking :D .
hugob00m wrote:As for Linda's friend, Lynne... well, she really shouldn't be eavesdropping! It's likely she'll bet caught in the act and wind up getting spanked too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lynne doesn't consider it eavesdropping. She considers it supporting her friend in her time of need :lol: . She could get caught or she might get a spanking for another reason or none of the above. We'll see as we go along 8-) . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Very, very nice pose in your latest, Phil. This is a rarely-seen angle in OTK artistry, but it's a good one.
Hi Dan,

I'm glad you enjoyed it :D . Personally, I liked the way it came out and I think this is going to be one of my favorites.
daneldorado wrote: By the way: Now that we get to see what Dr. Shirley Holmes looks like, I wonder if after the two cheerleaders have received their spankings (as we are all sure they WILL), we might get to see Dr. Shirley get turned OTK. Her teeth need some work, :? but the rest of her looks mighty spankable! :)

Good show, Phil.

Cheers,
Dan
As I told Boom, it's hard to say who will be getting spanked or when but I did want to make Mrs. Holmes spankable, just in case 8-) . As far as her teeth go, I worked on them a lot but wasn't able to get them to look right. I usually don't have that trouble but something about the render, perhaps the lights, just gave me a problem. I was hoping no one would notice :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Something to please everyone here: Lynne's eavesdropping adds to the humor and overall tension; the presence of the Vice-Principal adds a witness to the spanking; the spankee's skirt is being lifted (a key moment with cheerleader spankings, and no more than poetic justice in this case ;) ); and the OTK position is being employed for the majority that favor this position while the muscular Dr. Swatson prepares to deliver the first spank to Linda's deserving rear end (obviously conditioning of the arm muscles is a program requirement for school administrators who will be administering corporal punishment :lol: ).
Hi web-ed,

I'm glad you noticed all the different aspects of the spanking that I added to this :D . Sometimes, I get the feeling that everyone is so busy looking at the spankee's bottom that they really don't notice much else :lol: . I hadn't thought about it but I think you might be right about the arm muscle conditioning for principals :lol: . I wonder if he does push ups with his right arm only :lol: . As for the OTK position, you are partly right. I did want to use the OTK position for those who like this position, including me. There is also another reason which will become clear as we go forward but not for several weeks yet.
web-ed wrote:Everyone should be happy and waiting to see Linda get her first swat from Swatson! :lol:
Well, Dr. Swatson and Mrs. Holmes seem happy and waiting to see Linda get it and I know I am too :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

solsunbeach wrote:Now there's a man who clearly enjoys his work :D
Hi Solsunbeach,

I agree with you and it makes sense that the more you enjoy your work, the better you'll be at it :lol: . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Linda has found that her exhibitionism has its downside when removed from the playing field to the disciplinarian's office.

If Lynne has the option of leaving the hallway and going back to the other cheerleaders it may be prudent to take that option, but I hope shedoes not. Two well spanked cheerleaders are beter than one :twisted: .
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

On both sides of that door this is playing out in a way that couldn't leave me any happier :D Lynne's reactions seem to be very faithful to her character, as does her desire to hang around to the end of Linda's spanking in spite of the fact that she has essentially gathered all the information that she wanted. Of course she might be better off hightailing it out of the there while she can. But also of course we're better off with her sticking around just in case eavesdropping on a private discipline session is a spank worthy offense 8-) Meanwhile, in the office [very nice office by the way] we are meeting three characters for the first time. Because of your patience in introducing them to us beforehand we can join this scene practically mid-spanking and feel like we already know a lot about this trio. Phil there's fantasy fiction and then there's what we have here with Growing Pains it's what I'm going to call first-rate fantasying fiction. :P
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil: Yes, I know it isn't poser art, it's just boring old photoshop. But don't you think it looks a little better?

I'll shut up now.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Linda has found that her exhibitionism has its downside when removed from the playing field to the disciplinarian's office.
Hi willjohn,

Linda is indeed learning this :lol: . Or perhaps she's learning that it has an upside down side :lol: .
willjohn wrote:If Lynne has the option of leaving the hallway and going back to the other cheerleaders it may be prudent to take that option, but I hope shedoes not. Two well spanked cheerleaders are beter than one :twisted: .
Lynne does have the option of leaving. However, she seems to have already made the decision to stay. Perhaps she is just supporting her friend. On the other hand, she's had to put up with Linda's attitude for a while now so maybe she just wants to listen in while her friend gets a well deserved spanking :lol: . We'll see how thing go as the story develops 8-) . Thanks, Phil