Growing Pains

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Growing Pains

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

We're going to be starting a new toon today. I've been thinking that I need a little more flexibility doing these toons so I'm going to do this one slightly differently. I borrowed an idea from Boom and I intend to do this one in episodes. Once I finish episode one I can do one of several different things. I might go right ahead with the story in episode 1 in the same situation and with the same people. I might do episode 2 with some of the same people and some different ones with perhaps a different story. I could also do episode 2 with all different people and a new situation. On the other hand, I might skip to another toon and then come back to this one. Everyone got that?.......LOL. Maybe this is a little different way of doing the toons or maybe it's only different in my mind :lol: . We'll see how it goes.

The new toon is called "Growing Pains" and here's episode 1. I'm posting 2 pics today to set things up and get this rolling. Here's the first pic and I hope you enjoy it. Phil

trouble brewing
trouble brewing
1001.jpg (226.32 KiB) Viewed 20734 times
overbarrel49

Re: Growing Pains

Post by overbarrel49 »

In the second pic it looks like our cheerleaders are hatching a plot........a very naughty plot 8-) . I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
The plot thickens
The plot thickens
1002.jpg (299.69 KiB) Viewed 20733 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Cheerleaders Spanked! This seem like a very Good story about to start 8-) Hope there plenty of paddling with them bent over a desk and some good over the knee action 8-) :lol: Can`t wait!!!!!
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Now this looks to have great potential, I can't wait!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Cheerleaders Spanked! This seem like a very Good story about to start 8-) Hope there plenty of paddling with them bent over a desk and some good over the knee action 8-) :lol: Can`t wait!!!!!
Hi Butch,

Cheerleaders have, of course, always been favorites for spanking enthusiasts. Since there have been lots of cheerleader spankings over the years, I've kind of ignored them in favor of other scenarios. However, it occurred to me that just because other folks have done them, doesn't mean I can use them too with perhaps some new twists. In any case, there does seem to be lots of potential including bent over for paddling and OTK both ;) . I'm never sure just where these stories are headed when I start them and there will be, as always, a story to go along with the spankings:D Keep watching and let me know what you think. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

solsunbeach wrote:Now this looks to have great potential, I can't wait!
Hi solsunbeach,

I agree 100% :D . As I was telling Butch, I'm never sure where these toons are heading but I've already had lots of ideas 8-) . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

This looks like a promising beginning.
overbarrel49 wrote:Cheerleaders have, of course, always been favorites for spanking enthusiasts. Since there have been lots of cheerleader spankings over the years, I've kind of ignored them in favor of other scenarios. However, it occurred to me that just because other folks have done them, doesn't mean I can use them too with perhaps some new twists.
I suppose there are some good reasons for there being so many spanking stories and spanking photo shoots featuring women in cheerleader costumes. One, of course, is the short, pleated skirts that they wear. So far, I've never done a cheerleader story... but I have put Katie in a short, pleated skirt several times. I think short, pleated skirts are provocative... in more ways than one!

Another reason for wanting to see cheerleaders getting spanked is that they were so far up in the High School Hierarchy. Some of us who were in the Lower Echelons might have wanted to see a really popular girl taken down a few pegs.

Your opening panels describe Linda, the cheerleading captain, wearing sheer panties under her skirt instead of the uniform panties. Wow! There's a lot of potential in that! First we see her flash the boys in the bleachers and then we see her get spanked during halftime?

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with this!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Also... I like the names you've chosen for the principal and vice principal.

But... shouldn't they be at the ELEMENTARY school? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

This looks like a promising beginning.
Hi Boom,

I thought so and I'm glad you agree :D . Once I got started working on this, my mind started working overtime and I thought of a dozen different ways this could go 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:I suppose there are some good reasons for there being so many spanking stories and spanking photo shoots featuring women in cheerleader costumes. One, of course, is the short, pleated skirts that they wear. So far, I've never done a cheerleader story... but I have put Katie in a short, pleated skirt several times. I think short, pleated skirts are provocative... in more ways than one!
That all sounds right to me. I can remember keeping a pretty close eye on the cheerleaders at high school ball games, hoping for a peek under their skirts as they jumped and bounced around :lol: . It was easy to imagine that those spankies/tights they worn under their skirts were actually just panties 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:Another reason for wanting to see cheerleaders getting spanked is that they were so far up in the High School Hierarchy. Some of us who were in the Lower Echelons might have wanted to see a really popular girl taken down a few pegs.
This is the typical scenario in cheerleader spankings. The snooty cheerleader gets a spanking and some well deserved humiliation. I think that's one of the reasons I stayed away from cheerleader spankings because this scenario had been done to the point it was cliche. However, it occurred to me that there might be other, more interesting, stories that still ended up with the cheerleader getting a spanking 8-) . Hopefully, that's what I will be able to accomplish with this toon.
hugob00m wrote:Your opening panels describe Linda, the cheerleading captain, wearing sheer panties under her skirt instead of the uniform panties. Wow! There's a lot of potential in that! First we see her flash the boys in the bleachers and then we see her get spanked during halftime?
I agree that there's a lot of potential in this story and I love the fact that the first 2 set up panels have already gotten you speculating about just what might happen:D . I also see that you mind went to one of the typical scenarios, a spanking at half time , but I have something different in mind:lol: .
hugob00m wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with this!
So am I :lol: . While I have some of it thought out and am working on getting those panels done, other ideas remain less clear. As I said, I have thought of a bunch of different things that could happen and even I don't know for sure where it's going to go. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Also... I like the names you've chosen for the principal and vice principal.

But... shouldn't they be at the ELEMENTARY school? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Boom,

Thanks for noticing that :D . I was thinking the principal should be a Phd and the names just kind of evolved from there. I like the gag about elementary school too :lol: . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Fantasy wise it probably doesn't get any better or more universally adored than the cheerleader scenario. Of course, as you say, you've left yourself plenty of leeway in case you're inspired to take the serial in a different direction. Perhaps we never see the cheerleaders again after the first chapter :?: Maybe Swatson is the principle/principal character and it will all evolve around him and his relationship with the paddle. VICE-principal Holmes may need correcting herself along with other shapely members of the faculty. 8-) Yup there's a lot of wonderful potential here and you're off to a great start. Always like to see one of the male characters named Phil for obvious reasons, and Jan and Jen both born in September, could they be twins ;)? ;)? Might we be finding out the name of the Fessee High School athletic teams? In a high school named Fessee I doubt that their teams are called the Eagles or the Bulldogs. :lol:
Phil S.
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

More like The Swallows and The Lapdogs.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

willjohn wrote:More like The Swallows and The Lapdogs.
I had something in mind along the lines of - Punishers, Brutes,
Whackers or even Paddle Wheelers [or perhaps Paddle Wielders would be more to the point].

Phil S.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I was rem,embering a joke a woman told me yeas ago:

"If a stork brings white babies & a crow brings black babies, which bird brings no babies?
A swallow."
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:Fantasy wise it probably doesn't get any better or more universally adored than the cheerleader scenario. Of course, as you say, you've left yourself plenty of leeway in case you're inspired to take the serial in a different direction. Perhaps we never see the cheerleaders again after the first chapter :?: Maybe Swatson is the principle/principal character and it will all evolve around him and his relationship with the paddle. VICE-principal Holmes may need correcting herself along with other shapely members of the faculty. 8-) Yup there's a lot of wonderful potential here and you're off to a great start. Always like to see one of the male characters named Phil for obvious reasons, and Jan and Jen both born in September, could they be twins ;)? ;)? Might we be finding out the name of the Fessee High School athletic teams? In a high school named Fessee I doubt that their teams are called the Eagles or the Bulldogs. :lol:
Phil S.
Hi Phil,

You are exactly right. There's lots of potential here for just about any of the characters introduced so far and I'm going to introduce more characters as we go along. My intention is to open the door for all kinds of situations and then just see where it all takes us ;) . I see you're already thinking about possible spanking situations involving some of the ones already introduced :D . My high school girlfriend's name was Linda so Phil seemed appropriate for her boyfriend :D . Of course, you're welcome to fantasize this any way you want 8-) . I thought the choice of Fessee for the name of the high school was totally appropriate but I hadn't given any thought to the mascot :lol: . I'll have to mull that over a bit. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:More like The Swallows and The Lapdogs.
Hi Willjohn,

Lapdogs :lol: :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains #1 and 2

Post by web-ed »

So far, so good. :) Cheerleaders are fun spankees in fantasy because in real life they tend to be a bit stuck up and untouchable, although I can think of a couple from my own high school days who weren't like that. Speaking of the high school here, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it had some connection to dear old Overbarrel U. Perhaps it was Dr. Swatson's alma mater :lol: .

Linda plans a very naughty prank here, which fortunately for us spanko spectators is not very well thought-out :lol: . It's almost certain to backfire and lead to backsides on fire :lol: ere long.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Some Universities ( such as USC) offer a Doctor of Education degree, (EdD) . It seems to be directed at Headmasters or Administrators.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So far, so good. :) Cheerleaders are fun spankees in fantasy because in real life they tend to be a bit stuck up and untouchable, although I can think of a couple from my own high school days who weren't like that. Speaking of the high school here, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it had some connection to dear old Overbarrel U. Perhaps it was Dr. Swatson's alma mater :lol: .
Hi web-ed,

I've stayed away from cheerleaders in the past because of all the cliche stories about snooty cheerleaders getting their comeuppance. However, I think I can come up with some different ways for them to get into trouble :lol: . Your thought about Overbarrel U. was an interesting one. I hadn't thought about that but who knows where these stories will take us 8-) .
web-ed wrote: Linda plans a very naughty prank here, which fortunately for us spanko spectators is not very well thought-out :lol: . It's almost certain to backfire and lead to backsides on fire :lol: ere long.
I have a spankee friend who used to be a cheerleader and she claim her and her friend used to wear bikini panties instead of their spankies from time to time. Of course, their spankies were bikini cut so it wasn't obvious. She thinks that some of the boys did notice and enjoy it but I got the idea that the girls mostly just wanted to feel naughty :D . Anyway, they never got caught and I guess that makes sense since it would be hard to tell the difference between the panties and the spankies if they were cut the same. personally, when I was in high school, I never had much trouble fantasizing that the spankies really were panties :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Some Universities ( such as USC) offer a Doctor of Education degree, (EdD) . It seems to be directed at Headmasters or Administrators.
Oh yes, definitely. And having spent 15 years in education I can tell you there's nothing so less-than-useless than an education degree - it's not even a real scholarly field! They spend their time writing incomprehensible papers on "diversity" or "post-deconstructionism" and plan various programs of left-wing indoctrination. It's one reason colleges and universities are overdue for some serious reform, the others being grade inflation, too many people attending college who don't need to, and an archaic model of travelling across the country to a "center of learning" in an era of modern, instant communication.
-- Web-Ed