Growing Pains

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
Sweetspot

Re: Growing Pains

Post by Sweetspot »

Fantasy wise it probably doesn't get any better or more universally adored than the cheerleader scenario. Of course, as you say, you've left yourself plenty of leeway in case you're inspired to take the serial in a different direction. Perhaps we never see the cheerleaders again after the first chapter :?: Maybe Swatson is the principle/principal character and it will all evolve around him and his relationship with the paddle. VICE-principal Holmes may need correcting herself along with other shapely members of the faculty. 8-) Yup there's a lot of wonderful potential here and you're off to a great start. Always like to see one of the male characters named Phil for obvious reasons, and Jan and Jen both born in September, could they be twins ;)? ;)? Might we be finding out the name of the Fessee High School athletic teams? In a high school named Fessee I doubt that their teams are called the Eagles or the Bulldogs. :lol:
Phil S.
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

More like The Swallows and The Lapdogs.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

willjohn wrote:More like The Swallows and The Lapdogs.
I had something in mind along the lines of - Punishers, Brutes,
Whackers or even Paddle Wheelers [or perhaps Paddle Wielders would be more to the point].

Phil S.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I was rem,embering a joke a woman told me yeas ago:

"If a stork brings white babies & a crow brings black babies, which bird brings no babies?
A swallow."
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:Fantasy wise it probably doesn't get any better or more universally adored than the cheerleader scenario. Of course, as you say, you've left yourself plenty of leeway in case you're inspired to take the serial in a different direction. Perhaps we never see the cheerleaders again after the first chapter :?: Maybe Swatson is the principle/principal character and it will all evolve around him and his relationship with the paddle. VICE-principal Holmes may need correcting herself along with other shapely members of the faculty. 8-) Yup there's a lot of wonderful potential here and you're off to a great start. Always like to see one of the male characters named Phil for obvious reasons, and Jan and Jen both born in September, could they be twins ;)? ;)? Might we be finding out the name of the Fessee High School athletic teams? In a high school named Fessee I doubt that their teams are called the Eagles or the Bulldogs. :lol:
Phil S.
Hi Phil,

You are exactly right. There's lots of potential here for just about any of the characters introduced so far and I'm going to introduce more characters as we go along. My intention is to open the door for all kinds of situations and then just see where it all takes us ;) . I see you're already thinking about possible spanking situations involving some of the ones already introduced :D . My high school girlfriend's name was Linda so Phil seemed appropriate for her boyfriend :D . Of course, you're welcome to fantasize this any way you want 8-) . I thought the choice of Fessee for the name of the high school was totally appropriate but I hadn't given any thought to the mascot :lol: . I'll have to mull that over a bit. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:More like The Swallows and The Lapdogs.
Hi Willjohn,

Lapdogs :lol: :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains #1 and 2

Post by web-ed »

So far, so good. :) Cheerleaders are fun spankees in fantasy because in real life they tend to be a bit stuck up and untouchable, although I can think of a couple from my own high school days who weren't like that. Speaking of the high school here, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it had some connection to dear old Overbarrel U. Perhaps it was Dr. Swatson's alma mater :lol: .

Linda plans a very naughty prank here, which fortunately for us spanko spectators is not very well thought-out :lol: . It's almost certain to backfire and lead to backsides on fire :lol: ere long.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Some Universities ( such as USC) offer a Doctor of Education degree, (EdD) . It seems to be directed at Headmasters or Administrators.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So far, so good. :) Cheerleaders are fun spankees in fantasy because in real life they tend to be a bit stuck up and untouchable, although I can think of a couple from my own high school days who weren't like that. Speaking of the high school here, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it had some connection to dear old Overbarrel U. Perhaps it was Dr. Swatson's alma mater :lol: .
Hi web-ed,

I've stayed away from cheerleaders in the past because of all the cliche stories about snooty cheerleaders getting their comeuppance. However, I think I can come up with some different ways for them to get into trouble :lol: . Your thought about Overbarrel U. was an interesting one. I hadn't thought about that but who knows where these stories will take us 8-) .
web-ed wrote: Linda plans a very naughty prank here, which fortunately for us spanko spectators is not very well thought-out :lol: . It's almost certain to backfire and lead to backsides on fire :lol: ere long.
I have a spankee friend who used to be a cheerleader and she claim her and her friend used to wear bikini panties instead of their spankies from time to time. Of course, their spankies were bikini cut so it wasn't obvious. She thinks that some of the boys did notice and enjoy it but I got the idea that the girls mostly just wanted to feel naughty :D . Anyway, they never got caught and I guess that makes sense since it would be hard to tell the difference between the panties and the spankies if they were cut the same. personally, when I was in high school, I never had much trouble fantasizing that the spankies really were panties :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Some Universities ( such as USC) offer a Doctor of Education degree, (EdD) . It seems to be directed at Headmasters or Administrators.
Oh yes, definitely. And having spent 15 years in education I can tell you there's nothing so less-than-useless than an education degree - it's not even a real scholarly field! They spend their time writing incomprehensible papers on "diversity" or "post-deconstructionism" and plan various programs of left-wing indoctrination. It's one reason colleges and universities are overdue for some serious reform, the others being grade inflation, too many people attending college who don't need to, and an archaic model of travelling across the country to a "center of learning" in an era of modern, instant communication.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

I'm posting 2 pics again today so we can get this toon under way. This first one is just more set up and then we'll move along. . Phil
more explanation
more explanation
1003.jpg (268.28 KiB) Viewed 8572 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

.......and here's the next pic. It appears that the festivities in the principal's office are getting under way :D . It also appears that Lynne is going to get her wish and Linda will not be kicked off the cheer leading team :lol: ......LOL. I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
GASP!
GASP!
1004.jpg (296.65 KiB) Viewed 8571 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Can`t tell is Lynne more shock that Linda going to be spanked or that she will be next :?: :lol: Super build up 8-) :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

You seem to be off to a good start with your third and fourth panels. So, after giving the boys a show with her "unauthorized" panties, she decides to give the principal some attitude! I really like that line, "I'm 18 years old now! What are you going to do... SPANK ME?" A classic set-up line that ranks right up there with "You wouldn't DARE!"

So far, we haven't seen the panties that Linda is wearing. I hope that will change soon! I have a feeling that, even if she keeps them on during the early part of her punishment, they won't offer much protection from the sting!

And what about Lynne? Will she get spanked for eavesdropping at the door? Will she share some of the blame for Linda's stunt, because she knew about it and didn't tell anyone?

And Vice Principal Holmes... will there be some reason later on that perhaps she'll get turned over Dr. Swatson's knee?

This story has a lot of ways it can go, and I'm looking forward to seeing which direction you'll choose! Because of who you are, I'm confident that we'll see AT LEAST ONE pretty girl with her bottom turned up and reddened! And probably more than one! :D :D :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Can`t tell is Lynne more shock that Linda going to be spanked or that she will be next :?: :lol: Super build up 8-) :D
HI Butch,

Lynne is shocked that Linda is going to get a spanking. She was expecting Linda to get kicked off the cheer leading team and because of her age, really hadn't thought about her getting a spanking. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

You seem to be off to a good start with your third and fourth panels. So, after giving the boys a show with her "unauthorized" panties, she decides to give the principal some attitude! I really like that line, "I'm 18 years old now! What are you going to do... SPANK ME?" A classic set-up line that ranks right up there with "You wouldn't DARE!"
I'm glad you like my use of the classic line :lol: . It was my intention to show Linda with an attitude that says, "I'm 18 now and I can do what ever I want" and I thought this part of the conversation did that nicely. FYI, "you wouldn't dare" will be coming up a few panels down the line but will be spoken by a different girl 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:So far, we haven't seen the panties that Linda is wearing. I hope that will change soon! I have a feeling that, even if she keeps them on during the early part of her punishment, they won't offer much protection from the sting!
Of course we'll be seeing those panties. Need you even ask :lol: ?
hugob00m wrote:And what about Lynne? Will she get spanked for eavesdropping at the door? Will she share some of the blame for Linda's stunt, because she knew about it and didn't tell anyone?

And Vice Principal Holmes... will there be some reason later on that perhaps she'll get turned over Dr. Swatson's knee?

This story has a lot of ways it can go, and I'm looking forward to seeing which direction you'll choose! Because of who you are, I'm confident that we'll see AT LEAST ONE pretty girl with her bottom turned up and reddened! And probably more than one! :D :D :D :D
You are absolutely right when you say that the story has a lot of ways it can go........and just the way I like it too :lol: . That's all the comments I'm going to make at this time except to say that there are some things about your speculation that are correct, or at least partially so :lol: Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

In our comments we make some interesting predictions, suggestions and let our preferences be made known. I wonder what you consider proper commenter protocol? I'm thinking oops! What if I make a very good guess and steal your thunder and more importantly give away a plot line prematurely :( :?: Just wondering?

I appreciate how careful the dialogue is presented in these panels. That's tricky since two or three of the characters are on the other side of a door in part 4, unseen to this point so it could have easily been confusing.

So having just argued against speculating I'm going to proceed to speculate. I'm guessing that none of the constraints that would face a real world school as regards to the rules governing corporal punishment presents a problem at Fessee High School. No doubt the school board places no limitations on the actions of Principal Swatson who is free to use his own discretion when it comes to matter of clothing or bare, paddle or hand and is free to carry on for as long as he finds it necessary. :D

I wasn't sure if making the girls 18 was important to you because you wanted to make them adults or if you wanted to be able to give the girls an "You can't do this to me I'm an adult!" argument in order to add to their humiliation when they find themselves being spanked and or paddled?

A great story that so far reads like a good piece of spanking fiction even if you took away the art work.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains #1003 and 1004

Post by web-ed »

You'd think at a school named "Fesse High" where corporal punishment is obviously used, Lynne would have guessed that spanking might await them both for this little stunt, and that Linda would have known better than to utter the classic words "You wouldn't dare!" which she should have been taught back in Freshman Spanking 101 is absolutely the last thing you say to a male who's threatening to spank you :lol: .

And did anyone else notice the "Spanking in Progress" red sign flashing on Dr. Swatson's door? Great touch there, Phil! Lynne apparently hasn't seen it yet. I'm guessing that maybe 10% of Fesse High's electric bill is spent on lighting up that sign :lol: even as Dr. Swatson lights up some bad girl bottoms :oops: .

You asked for it, Linda!
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Great start to your new story, Phil. And I'm glad that b00m and others here have noticed, and made comments on, your skills as a wordsmith. Man! The titles you give to your Principal and your Vice Principal are devilishly clever, and so is b00m's comment that these people belong in an ELEMENTARY school! These quips start us off laughing out loud, even before the main business of your story appears on our screens.

I also love that you've changed the Principal's title from "Spanker of the Rears" to the present "Spanking in Progress." There's nothing like keeping the public informed, is there? :P

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

1: "Spanker of the rears".
2: "Spanking in progress".

Logical progression "Senior student in pain"?