Growing Pains

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Growing Pains

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Hi Phil... In your big "unveiling" panel, Linda shows her girlfriends her bright red rump after the spanking she got from Dr. Swatson. As she does so, the twins Jan and Jen put their hands on the seats of their own skirts. I wonder if you meant to show that the twins are reacting viscerally to the sight of Linda's fiery derriere, and instinctively "protecting" their own bottoms.

I think that's a fair question, since the other girl in this panel -- the one who offers to bring Linda her own "brand new tube" of lotion -- does NOT cover her own butt at the sight of Linda's display.

Cheers,
Dan
Hi Dan,

I was indeed intending to depict the twins instinctively reacting to the sight of Linda's freshly spanked bottom by holding their own bottoms. In this pic, we establish that all the girls have gotten spankings before so perhaps this is an empathetic response because they know how a bottom feels when it looks like Linda's :lol: . Lynne has also responded in this manner during the spanking as she was listening to Linda yelping and squalling so this is a reaction shared by all the girls. I think the difference is that Lynne has already had plenty of time to get over the shock of her friend getting a spanking from Dr. Swatson 8-) . I hope that clears up any confusion. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:The girl with her own lotion is Lynn, who has replaced Linda as head cheerleader.

Having avoided a spanking she may be a little cocky. :roll:
Hi Willjohn,

I'm not sure about Lynne being cocky. This takes place on Friday and if you remember, in panel 6, Lynne is remembering that her dad warmed the seat of her panties on the previous Tuesday, just 3 days before, so I doubt if she's cocky :lol: . She's also Linda's best friend and is well aware of her recent attitude and behavior and obviously thinks Linda really needed a good spanking 8-) . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I suppose that having been an "ear witness" to the sound and fury coming from Dr Swatson's office the state of Linda's bum was no surprise to her.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

I'm posting 2 pics again today. In the first one, we listen in as Linda and Lynne discuss Linda's spanking once they're alone :lol: . Phil S. mentioned that listening in on a conversation in a girls locker room was enjoyable so I thought we should finish that :D . Phil
busted
busted
1018.jpg (384.27 KiB) Viewed 7144 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Mrs. Holmes has one more duty to perform concerning Linda's spanking so I thought we should check this out in the second pic 8-) . I hope you enjoy the new pics which I have posted. Phil
UH-OH!
UH-OH!
1019.jpg (435.09 KiB) Viewed 7144 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Would love to see Linda cheering and jumping with her red bottom expose to everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Mrs Holmes does not look old enough to have been in a position of authority when Linda's mother was in High School.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Would love to see Linda cheering and jumping with her red bottom expose to everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
HI Butch,

I have no doubt that we would all like to see that. Because doing a scene in a gym full of people would be an epic task, I really don't have any plans to do a pic like that. However, there might be a way around that and I will give it some thought. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Mrs Holmes does not look old enough to have been in a position of authority when Linda's mother was in High School.
Hi Willjohn,

That's an interesting observation. However, I don't see any problem with it at all. This past weekend, I went to a concert directed by the man who was my high school band director during my senior year. I am 68 and he is 75, which is a difference of 7 years. Betty was 18 when she got her spanking and that was 24 years ago. That makes her 42 now. Assuming Mrs. Holmes is 7 years older than Betty, that would make her 49 8-) .......besides. I wanted Mrs. Holmes to still be looking pretty good in case she gets a spanking later on :lol: . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Growing Pains

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, you know I am one of your biggest fans, and I rarely criticize your artwork. In fact, most of the time I think it's pretty great.

But the fatal words "THE END!" posted at the end of your last panel lead me (us?) to believe you are abandoning your latest story in midstream. Previously I thought this would be the beginning of a massive spank-o-rama involving lots of naughty cheerleaders plus a naughty Mrs. Holmes... but now, alas! "THE END!" including that insistent exclamation point, leads us to believe you have deserted us.

I know, I know, it is a lot of work to create a lengthy comic story, and that is one of the reasons I have stopped doing them myself. In a way I don't blame you for bailing out, because this was a major undertaking. I wondered how long you could hold out, seeing as the story was heading towards becoming a massive literary work.

"Growing Pains" was fun while it lasted.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, you know I am one of your biggest fans, and I rarely criticize your artwork. In fact, most of the time I think it's pretty great.

But the fatal words "THE END!" posted at the end of your last panel lead me (us?) to believe you are abandoning your latest story in midstream. Previously I thought this would be the beginning of a massive spank-o-rama involving lots of naughty cheerleaders plus a naughty Mrs. Holmes... but now, alas! "THE END!" including that insistent exclamation point, leads us to believe you have deserted us.

I know, I know, it is a lot of work to create a lengthy comic story, and that is one of the reasons I have stopped doing them myself. In a way I don't blame you for bailing out, because this was a major undertaking. I wondered how long you could hold out, seeing as the story was heading towards becoming a massive literary work.

"Growing Pains" was fun while it lasted.

Cheers,
Dan
HI Dan,

The words THE END at the bottom of that pic are only part of what it says. In it's entirety, it says, "GROWING PAINS EPISODE 1 THE END!" If you remember at the beginning, I said that I was going to do "Growing Pains" in episodes. This is the end of the first episode only. We will be starting episode 2 this coming Friday so fear not, GROWING PAINS has a long way to go yet :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains #1018 & 1019

Post by web-ed »

So we've reached the end of the first chapter (or episode) of our little story. I must say I'm pretty satisfied, especially with #1019, in which we learn that Linda's mother Betty got spanked by Dr. Swatson years ago and that she would like her husband Pete to use the paddle on her! Yes, our characters spend an awful lot of time talking about spanking, but we wouldn't have it any other way here at CSR :lol: .

I must tell you, Phil, that this last panel had a very unexpected effect on me: not that I wanted to see Linda spanked again for her bad attitude (I did, but I expected that :lol: ) or even that I would like to see Pete paddle Betty (ditto), but suddenly I found myself picturing Mrs. Holmes paddling the now-grown Betty, perhaps to show Pete that it was o.k. to do so! For several minutes I had no idea where that came from; as I think most CSR regulars should know I'm really quite cool toward most F/F scenes not drawn by Wolfie138, although Heaven knows I've posted enough of them, mainly because independent artists insist on drawing them in such quantity. Then I thought about Rebecca, whose F/F scenes have always impressed me with their incredible eroticism, derived mostly from the spankee's submissiveness.

When Betty suddenly said to Mrs. Holmes, "Yes, ma'am, I know," her innate submissiveness broke through to the surface, and that must have been what made me think of Mrs. Holmes paddling her. So you must have done a very good job constructing that particular bit of dialogue, which as I know through personal experience from writing thousands of lines of it, is not always easy to do.

That doesn't mean I think you intend your story to go in that particular direction; it can't contain every possible X/F spanking combination among the characters although we all know that you're able to work more spankings into a storyline than most people would care to attempt :lol: . But I certainly am interested in where we go after Linda's second spanking, which is about as certain to come as the next sex-scandal out of Washington D.C. :lol:
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Thanks for the locker room talk. "...just your warped way of supporting me..." What a great line coming from a high school girl :lol: Lynne should have stopped while she was "ahead" and somewhat forgiven for her invasion of Linda's privacy but instead she rattles on and on about what she heard and how embarrassing it must have been. Oh well - Linda did ask her how much time in the closet Lynne had spent giggling at her predicament but really Lynne could have been more sympathetic. Perhaps Lynne wanted to get even on the embarrassment meter for that "public" spanking her mother gave her in front of Linda when the girls were somewhat younger. Now it seems that Linda will be getting a grade A spanking when she gets home. I wonder if Lynne will figure out a way to get in on that one too. ;)
jimc

Post by jimc »

The thing that got me about the final panel was maybe some sort of proxy spanking as the mother does seem to want to help her friend and 2 spankings in one day do seem a bit harsh (although i would never be one to interfere with family rules) and maybe the mother would take a spanking for her daughter until the father got back from his trip to do the parental duty. Great story. I really enjoyed the story so far We look forward to the next episode. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So we've reached the end of the first chapter (or episode) of our little story. I must say I'm pretty satisfied, especially with #1019, in which we learn that Linda's mother Betty got spanked by Dr. Swatson years ago and that she would like her husband Pete to use the paddle on her! Yes, our characters spend an awful lot of time talking about spanking, but we wouldn't have it any other way here at CSR :lol: .
\

Hi web-ed,

I'm glad to hear you say that you're pretty satisfied with the end of episode 1. I'm never sure just what folks will think about pics I post that don't actually have any spanking action in them but, like you, most folks seem to like these last 2 pics :D . The characters in this toon do indeed spend a lot of time talking about spanking and that, from the comments I've gotten, has apparently stimulated some imaginations and fantasies 8-) .
web-ed wrote:I must tell you, Phil, that this last panel had a very unexpected effect on me: not that I wanted to see Linda spanked again for her bad attitude (I did, but I expected that :lol: ) or even that I would like to see Pete paddle Betty (ditto), but suddenly I found myself picturing Mrs. Holmes paddling the now-grown Betty, perhaps to show Pete that it was o.k. to do so! For several minutes I had no idea where that came from; as I think most CSR regulars should know I'm really quite cool toward most F/F scenes not drawn by Wolfie138, although Heaven knows I've posted enough of them, mainly because independent artists insist on drawing them in such quantity. Then I thought about Rebecca, whose F/F scenes have always impressed me with their incredible eroticism, derived mostly from the spankee's submissiveness.
Your comment is also unexpected, especially since I personally hadn't even considered having Mrs. Holmes paddling Betty :lol: . Of course, it's entirely possible that Betty might just get a paddling in which Mrs. Holmes played a part 8-) .
web-ed wrote:When Betty suddenly said to Mrs. Holmes, "Yes, ma'am, I know," her innate submissiveness broke through to the surface, and that must have been what made me think of Mrs. Holmes paddling her. So you must have done a very good job constructing that particular bit of dialogue, which as I know through personal experience from writing thousands of lines of it, is not always easy to do.
I just figured that Mrs. Holmes was present when Dr. Swatson paddled Betty all those years ago and that she was also a figure of authority at that time. At some point, we will be exploring exactly what happened to bring about that paddling and I think that will clear up any misconceptions about just why Betty's submissiveness surfaces when Mrs. Holmes takes that tone of voice with her ;) .
web-ed wrote:That doesn't mean I think you intend your story to go in that particular direction; it can't contain every possible X/F spanking combination among the characters although we all know that you're able to work more spankings into a storyline than most people would care to attempt :lol: . But I certainly am interested in where we go after Linda's second spanking, which is about as certain to come as the next sex-scandal out of Washington D.C. :lol:
These stories seem to get folks thinking and wondering and fantasizing about just where the story could go. One of the things I love most about this is that those thoughts are almost never where I am actually intending to take the story :lol: . It just goes to show you that even among spankos, no 2 people are alike :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:Thanks for the locker room talk. "...just your warped way of supporting me..." What a great line coming from a high school girl :lol: Lynne should have stopped while she was "ahead" and somewhat forgiven for her invasion of Linda's privacy but instead she rattles on and on about what she heard and how embarrassing it must have been. Oh well - Linda did ask her how much time in the closet Lynne had spent giggling at her predicament but really Lynne could have been more sympathetic. Perhaps Lynne wanted to get even on the embarrassment meter for that "public" spanking her mother gave her in front of Linda when the girls were somewhat younger. Now it seems that Linda will be getting a grade A spanking when she gets home. I wonder if Lynne will figure out a way to get in on that one too. ;)
hi Phil,

I'm glad you enjoyed the locker room talk. Personally, I figure girls do discuss these sorts of things, being careful to make sure no boys find out about them. For that reason, I've always fantasized about getting to witness any of these "secret" conversations and the girls locker room seems like the perfect place :D . It's been 50 years since I graduated from high school but I still remember really enjoying hanging around with some of my "warped" friends :lol: . Of course, in this case, it was my intention to show that Linda and Lynne are very close and have been through a lot with each other......including spankings 8-) . Again, I remember from all those years ago that the closest of friends will indeed poke a little fun at each other :lol: . Concerning your speculation that Lynne might get to witness Linda's next spanking, I'm not going to answer that question except to say that we'll be finding out when we get to that episode 8-) . I will say that some people, like Lynne, seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time, at least when they're not busy calling some girl a bitch :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote:The thing that got me about the final panel was maybe some sort of proxy spanking as the mother does seem to want to help her friend and 2 spankings in one day do seem a bit harsh (although i would never be one to interfere with family rules) and maybe the mother would take a spanking for her daughter until the father got back from his trip to do the parental duty. Great story. I really enjoyed the story so far We look forward to the next episode. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
Hi Jim,

Interesting speculation, Jim. The only comment I'm going to make is that there is an "element" of truth in there somewhere 8-) . I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :D . Episode 2 will be starting on Friday and I must admit that I'm going to be really interested to see if folks like this one. Thanks, Phil