Growing Pains

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Growing Pains

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

In the interest of moving this story along, I'm posting 2 pics again today so let's head to the locker room and find out just what kind of reaction we get from Lynne and the twins, Jen and Jan, when Linda and Mrs. Holmes arrive. Phil
explaining
explaining
1016.jpg (352.52 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

In the second pic, we'll see just what kind of reaction we get from the cheerleaders once Mrs. Holmes leaves :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pics. Phil
show and tell
show and tell
1017.jpg (340.72 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I was expecting blisters. Very red.

That is a well drawn derriere
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains #1016 & 1017

Post by web-ed »

So now we've got twins involved! Funny thing about twins - what one does, the other does. So if one misbehaves and needs a spanking... :lol: Also, Mrs. Holmes has told the girls to leave the school grounds as quickly as possible - is it possible they won't follow her instructions and get in trouble? Curious readers want to know! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:I was expecting blisters. Very red.

That is a well drawn derriere
hi Willjohn,

I'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . Since girls would never invite any of us men to such an "unveiling" I felt like it was my duty to depict such an event :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So now we've got twins involved! Funny thing about twins - what one does, the other does. So if one misbehaves and needs a spanking... :lol: Also, Mrs. Holmes has told the girls to leave the school grounds as quickly as possible - is it possible they won't follow her instructions and get in trouble? Curious readers want to know! :)
Hi web-ed,

In the beginning, I hadn't intended to have any twins in this toon. I think it was Boom who speculated that Jan and Jen might be twins so that gave me the idea 8-) . Actually, I just pulled those names out of thin air :lol: I think you're right about the twins doing things together and you never can tell just what kind of mischief they might get into. I can't give you any details at this point but I will say that we'll be seeing both of their bare bottoms getting spanked before it's over 8-) . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I've been enjoying this series a great deal and now we have the added attraction of teen twins Jen and Jan who seem to be able to take brat behavior to a whole new level 8-) 8-) . The potential for great episodes ahead will keep me glued to my seat :shock:. I think the image of Lynne running to save her butt is excellent art and of course listening in on teen girl locker room talk is always worth while. Thanks for sharing your gifts with us. :P
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:I've been enjoying this series a great deal and now we have the added attraction of teen twins Jen and Jan who seem to be able to take brat behavior to a whole new level 8-) 8-) . The potential for great episodes ahead will keep me glued to my seat :shock:. I think the image of Lynne running to save her butt is excellent art and of course listening in on teen girl locker room talk is always worth while. Thanks for sharing your gifts with us. :P
Hi Phil,

I'm glad you're enjoying the toon :D . As for the twins, of course they're brats. After all, they're 18 year old girls :lol: . Besides, these girls are all close friends and have obviously discussed spankings they've gotten with each other so I figured they just might poke a bit of fun at each other from time to time 8-) . I'm glad you enjoyed the image of Lynne running and I can assure you that we will be seeing other, perhaps more interesting, images of her before it's all over 8-) . I thought most of us would enjoy the "locker room" talk featuring the young women. There will be more of that next week and we'll also be listening in on some talk by some older girls :D . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Phil... In your big "unveiling" panel, Linda shows her girlfriends her bright red rump after the spanking she got from Dr. Swatson. As she does so, the twins Jan and Jen put their hands on the seats of their own skirts. I wonder if you meant to show that the twins are reacting viscerally to the sight of Linda's fiery derriere, and instinctively "protecting" their own bottoms.

I think that's a fair question, since the other girl in this panel -- the one who offers to bring Linda her own "brand new tube" of lotion -- does NOT cover her own butt at the sight of Linda's display.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The girl with her own lotion is Lynn, who has replaced Linda as head cheerleader.

Having avoided a spanking she may be a little cocky. :roll:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Hi Phil... In your big "unveiling" panel, Linda shows her girlfriends her bright red rump after the spanking she got from Dr. Swatson. As she does so, the twins Jan and Jen put their hands on the seats of their own skirts. I wonder if you meant to show that the twins are reacting viscerally to the sight of Linda's fiery derriere, and instinctively "protecting" their own bottoms.

I think that's a fair question, since the other girl in this panel -- the one who offers to bring Linda her own "brand new tube" of lotion -- does NOT cover her own butt at the sight of Linda's display.

Cheers,
Dan
Hi Dan,

I was indeed intending to depict the twins instinctively reacting to the sight of Linda's freshly spanked bottom by holding their own bottoms. In this pic, we establish that all the girls have gotten spankings before so perhaps this is an empathetic response because they know how a bottom feels when it looks like Linda's :lol: . Lynne has also responded in this manner during the spanking as she was listening to Linda yelping and squalling so this is a reaction shared by all the girls. I think the difference is that Lynne has already had plenty of time to get over the shock of her friend getting a spanking from Dr. Swatson 8-) . I hope that clears up any confusion. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:The girl with her own lotion is Lynn, who has replaced Linda as head cheerleader.

Having avoided a spanking she may be a little cocky. :roll:
Hi Willjohn,

I'm not sure about Lynne being cocky. This takes place on Friday and if you remember, in panel 6, Lynne is remembering that her dad warmed the seat of her panties on the previous Tuesday, just 3 days before, so I doubt if she's cocky :lol: . She's also Linda's best friend and is well aware of her recent attitude and behavior and obviously thinks Linda really needed a good spanking 8-) . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I suppose that having been an "ear witness" to the sound and fury coming from Dr Swatson's office the state of Linda's bum was no surprise to her.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

I'm posting 2 pics again today. In the first one, we listen in as Linda and Lynne discuss Linda's spanking once they're alone :lol: . Phil S. mentioned that listening in on a conversation in a girls locker room was enjoyable so I thought we should finish that :D . Phil
busted
busted
1018.jpg (384.27 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Mrs. Holmes has one more duty to perform concerning Linda's spanking so I thought we should check this out in the second pic 8-) . I hope you enjoy the new pics which I have posted. Phil
UH-OH!
UH-OH!
1019.jpg (435.09 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Would love to see Linda cheering and jumping with her red bottom expose to everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Mrs Holmes does not look old enough to have been in a position of authority when Linda's mother was in High School.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Would love to see Linda cheering and jumping with her red bottom expose to everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
HI Butch,

I have no doubt that we would all like to see that. Because doing a scene in a gym full of people would be an epic task, I really don't have any plans to do a pic like that. However, there might be a way around that and I will give it some thought. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Mrs Holmes does not look old enough to have been in a position of authority when Linda's mother was in High School.
Hi Willjohn,

That's an interesting observation. However, I don't see any problem with it at all. This past weekend, I went to a concert directed by the man who was my high school band director during my senior year. I am 68 and he is 75, which is a difference of 7 years. Betty was 18 when she got her spanking and that was 24 years ago. That makes her 42 now. Assuming Mrs. Holmes is 7 years older than Betty, that would make her 49 8-) .......besides. I wanted Mrs. Holmes to still be looking pretty good in case she gets a spanking later on :lol: . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Growing Pains

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, you know I am one of your biggest fans, and I rarely criticize your artwork. In fact, most of the time I think it's pretty great.

But the fatal words "THE END!" posted at the end of your last panel lead me (us?) to believe you are abandoning your latest story in midstream. Previously I thought this would be the beginning of a massive spank-o-rama involving lots of naughty cheerleaders plus a naughty Mrs. Holmes... but now, alas! "THE END!" including that insistent exclamation point, leads us to believe you have deserted us.

I know, I know, it is a lot of work to create a lengthy comic story, and that is one of the reasons I have stopped doing them myself. In a way I don't blame you for bailing out, because this was a major undertaking. I wondered how long you could hold out, seeing as the story was heading towards becoming a massive literary work.

"Growing Pains" was fun while it lasted.

Cheers,
Dan