Growing Pains-episode 2

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 am

Hi everyone,

Today we are starting episode 2 of "Growing Pains. Episode 1 took place on Friday, which was homecoming at Fessee high school. Episode 2 takes place on the previous Tuesday, 3 days before homecoming. I am posting 2 pics again today to get the story started. In pic 1 we will be looking on on Tom and Marsha Knaps, Lynne's parents.
2001.jpg
Lynne's parents
2001.jpg (324.15 KiB) Viewed 622 times

User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am

In pic 2, we see Lynne and her dad discussing some concerns she has. I hope you enjoy the new pics. Phil
2002.jpg
discussing the problem
2002.jpg (424.61 KiB) Viewed 621 times

butch46163@yahoo.com
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby butch46163@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:50 am

Nice touch with your Overbarrel logo on the back pocket of Lynne father jeans 8-) poor Lynne even though she a little nervous thinking her father was going to ground her or worse a spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: she some how comes off a kind of BRAT!!!

User avatar
daneldorado
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby daneldorado » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Perhaps the Knaps family, Tom and Marsha, sometimes spell their surname backwords.

User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:15 pm

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Nice touch with your Overbarrel logo on the back pocket of Lynne father jeans 8-) poor Lynne even though she a little nervous thinking her father was going to ground her or worse a spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: she some how comes off a kind of BRAT!!!


Hi Butch,

I'm glad you like the logo placement :D . He's probably buying Overbarrel brand jeans :lol: . I have a hunch that Lynne is going to continue to be nervous for a while 8-) :lol: . Thanks, Phil

User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 pm

daneldorado wrote:Perhaps the Knaps family, Tom and Marsha, sometimes spell their surname backwords.


Hi Dan,

I don't know if you're just naturally curious about names or if you're just suspicious of me since you first learned about Dr. Swatson and Shirley Holmes :lol: :lol: :lol: . A spankee friend of mine suggested the name Knaps and it sounded right to me :lol: :lol: . Thanks, Phil

User avatar
web-ed
Site Admin
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby web-ed » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:13 am

There was a tendency in popular media for people to adopt a transparent alias - sometimes just their real name in reverse. Thus Count Dracula took the name of "Alucard" in some movie, and the family of Lex Luthor changed their name to "Thorul" (an anagram for "Luthor") and moved out of Smallville in an old comic book. I'm not sure how they expected to fool anybody that way, but it makes me wonder about the history of the "Knaps" family. Many surnames are derived from occupations, like "Fisher" and "Carpenter" - could it be that one of Tom's ancestors was a professional (or at least notorious) spanker? You can see why the family might not want to be named "Spank" forever and changed it to "Knaps".

However, the blood of his ancestors obviously still flows in Tom's veins :lol: . And I suspect from what we've seen so far that Marsha may go a little too far in trying to order Tom around, earning a spanking for herself even if their daughter Lynne is spared. :) We'll wait and see.
-- Web-Ed

User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 pm

web-ed wrote:There was a tendency in popular media for people to adopt a transparent alias - sometimes just their real name in reverse. Thus Count Dracula took the name of "Alucard" in some movie, and the family of Lex Luthor changed their name to "Thorul" (an anagram for "Luthor") and moved out of Smallville in an old comic book. I'm not sure how they expected to fool anybody that way, but it makes me wonder about the history of the "Knaps" family. Many surnames are derived from occupations, like "Fisher" and "Carpenter" - could it be that one of Tom's ancestors was a professional (or at least notorious) spanker? You can see why the family might not want to be named "Spank" forever and changed it to "Knaps".


HI web-ed,

That's all some interesting information and I really hadn't thought about it being used by others. In this particular case, though, I just needed a name and this one was suggested to me :lol: . As far as the history of the Knaps name goes, your speculation is as good as any :lol: .

web-ed wrote:However, the blood of his ancestors obviously still flows in Tom's veins :lol: . And I suspect from what we've seen so far that Marsha may go a little too far in trying to order Tom around, earning a spanking for herself even if their daughter Lynne is spared. :) We'll wait and see.


You just never can tell who might be getting a spanking in this episode, although that will soon be revealed ;) . Your thoughts about Marsha are certainly interesting and even if she doesn't get spanked in this episode, she might still get to star in her own episode later 8-) . Thanks, Phil

User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 am

Hi everyone,

I have 2 pics for you again today. In the first one, Lynne's dad is jogging her memory a bit about some past events :roll: .
2003.jpg
memories
2003.jpg (395.99 KiB) Viewed 444 times

User avatar
overbarrel49
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 am

In the second pic, Lynne seems a bit reluctant to put their plan into action :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pics. Phil
2004.jpg
forgot about this part
2004.jpg (378.33 KiB) Viewed 444 times


Return to “Overbarrel Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest