Growing Pains-episode 2

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I suppose the theme of this spanking, if a spanking can have a theme, is that there are women who really need spankings and benefit from them in non-sexual ways. That may be a controversial view, or one that's easy to ridicule as simply the disguise or sublimation of sexual impulses, but I believe it to be correct. The key facts would seem to be that women are not comfortable constantly taking the responsibility - the lead role, as it were - in every endeavor 24/7 - and that the way they can be relieved of all responsibility is to be spanked in a manner which signifies to them that they are not in control any more. I'm sure this is basically the reason so many women in the scene want to feel a loss of control, but there is no reason why this would not apply to women who have never really fantasized about being spanked.
Hi web-ed,

Here is a quote from a spankee friend of mine who had this to say about this pic, "Sometimes a Girl's Spanked Bottom is the gateway to her soul. Our inner selves. I know a lot of my kicking isn't just the Sting. It's the needed release." I think that pretty much goes right along with your comments.
web-ed wrote:I wonder how many non-spanko women could be persuaded to take periodic spankings once they received at least one that left them relaxed and de-stressed? The problem would be convincing many of them that spanking would, indeed, relieve their stress.
I've heard a number of women admit that they need to be relieved of the burden of taking the lead role 24/7. Of course, to spankees, this means getting a spanking. I'm not sure exactly what it means to non spankees but if some of these women were to actually get a spanking, they might realize it's value in releasing negative emotions. After all, many of them were probably spanked by their fathers as girls and perhaps getting such a spanking might bring back memories of those? Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

It looks like Lynne was right when she speculated that her bottom was going to sting even more as the spanking goes on :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
sensitive skin
sensitive skin
2008.jpg (330.64 KiB) Viewed 6292 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Think she need to stop putting too much thought on the spanking and just react kicking crying and yelling :lol: Love the over the knee position 8-) plus the added humor :lol: 8-) 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Think she need to stop putting too much thought on the spanking and just react kicking crying and yelling :lol: Love the over the knee position 8-) plus the added humor :lol: 8-) 8-)
Hi Butch,

It looks like you agree with Lynne's dad here :D . I think Lynne knows this too but is just a little slower letting it happen 8-) . I think she'll get there though ;) . I'm glad you enjoyed the view on this one :D . I'm also glad you liked the logo placement this time. When I'm using the same scene all the time, it gets tough to find new places for it. Besides, I like injecting a little humor at a totally inappropriate moment :lol: .Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Superb artistry, Phil... again! The positioning, especially, is wonderful to look at. You are very generous with your talents.

I wonder... do girls undergoing a spanking really think so much while it is going on? "Daddy's picking up the pace just as the skin on my rear end is getting really sensitive!" "I guess I'm overthinking this again though!"

Most of the time whenever I would spank a girl, she would remain quiet while over my lap. There might be some ooohs and ouches, but not much articulation. Yeah, I do think that Lynne is "overthinking" her spanking, a bit. Just relax and let it be, Lynne. It will be over, soon.

You hope.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Superb artistry, Phil... again! The positioning, especially, is wonderful to look at. You are very generous with your talents.
Thank you Dan. I'm glad you enjoyed the view :D .
daneldorado wrote:wonder... do girls undergoing a spanking really think so much while it is going on? "Daddy's picking up the pace just as the skin on my rear end is getting really sensitive!" "I guess I'm overthinking this again though!"
I'm not sure how to answer your question. What I will say is that I think they are thinking less and reacting more as the spanking progresses and that's what I am showing Lynne doing in this toon. I will also say that I have a spankee friend who is particularly fond of this episode and she thinks much of Lynne's thoughts are right on the money. It probably depends on the individual spankee.
daneldorado wrote:Most of the time whenever I would spank a girl, she would remain quiet while over my lap. There might be some ooohs and ouches, but not much articulation. Yeah, I do think that Lynne is "overthinking" her spanking, a bit. Just relax and let it be, Lynne. It will be over, soon.

You hope.

Cheers,
Dan
Again, I think this may vary with individual spankees. I too have spanked girls who just remained quiet but others have struggled quite a bit, especially as the spanking gets more intense. I think what I have noticed most is that once their bottoms start to sting more, most girls will begin to squirm and kick a little even though they may not be aware of it, especially at the beginning. I do agree with you that Lynne needs to just let this spanking happen and let herself react without thinking so much about it ;) . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2008

Post by web-ed »

I enjoyed the OTK positioning along with everyone else - the way the anterior thigh came out is quite attractive. For some reason, although like everyone else I focus on the behind, for the bending-over position (in the broadest anatomical sense, including OTK) itself to be attractive to me the thigh has to be drawn properly. I suppose the angle between the thigh and the upper body is telling me, "Look - she's bending over into spanking position!" :D .

I also liked the humor in the Overbarrel signature protesting its casual, underfoot treatment. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I enjoyed the OTK positioning along with everyone else - the way the anterior thigh came out is quite attractive. For some reason, although like everyone else I focus on the behind, for the bending-over position (in the broadest anatomical sense, including OTK) itself to be attractive to me the thigh has to be drawn properly. I suppose the angle between the thigh and the upper body is telling me, "Look - she's bending over into spanking position!" :D
Hi web-ed,

First off, I'm glad you enjoy the view in this pic :D . I thought your analysis of Lynne bending over and the position of her thigh was very interesting. I think this shows that while lots of people may find her position to be attractive, everyone may have different reasons for their reaction. My intention in posing Lynne this way was to show that her dad had landed a particularly stingy swat, probably on the tender, sensitive spot immediately adjacent to the top of her thigh and that she had reacted by jerking her thigh. Of course, even though I knew that, it's difficult to depict that in a single pic.
web-ed wrote:I also liked the humor in the Overbarrel signature protesting its casual, underfoot treatment. :)
I like to think there's room for a little humor during a spanking :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

I appears that her dad is now directing Lynne to just where he knows she needs to be :D . I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
reacting
reacting
2009.jpg (300.83 KiB) Viewed 6164 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

GREAT WORK Overbarrel 8-) 8-) 8-) I think the time have come for Lynne dad to make a major decision should he now lower her panty a give her a bare bottom spanking or just continue to warm her panty :?: :?: :?:
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Another good episode. Lynne's mind is definitely concentrating on the spanking sensations now.

There are basically two ways to help the spankee get to the point of release: the quick pain overload and the slow-and-steady cumulative effect. I generally prefer the latter is it seems more humane (less intense pain), but if the spankee is close to tears I will sometimes up the intensity to push her quickly over the edge rather than making her suffer longer. It's a tough call, and one that isn't relevant to every spanking or perhaps even most spankings, but it's something every spanker should be aware of.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:GREAT WORK Overbarrel 8-) 8-) 8-) I think the time have come for Lynne dad to make a major decision should he now lower her panty a give her a bare bottom spanking or just continue to warm her panty :?: :?: :?:
Hi Butch,

That's an interesting observation ;) . I think it's always the duty of the spanker to watch the reactions of the girl he's spanking and make decisions about how best to proceed based on those reactions. We'll just have to wait and watch to see what he decides 8-) . I'm glad you're enjoying the story :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Another good episode. Lynne's mind is definitely concentrating on the spanking sensations now.
Hi web-ed,

This seems to be exactly what her dad had in mind for Lynne, exactly what he knew she needed to do 8-) . I also think Lynne knew it too although she needed a little incentive to admit it to herself :lol: .
web-ed wrote:There are basically two ways to help the spankee get to the point of release: the quick pain overload and the slow-and-steady cumulative effect. I generally prefer the latter is it seems more humane (less intense pain), but if the spankee is close to tears I will sometimes up the intensity to push her quickly over the edge rather than making her suffer longer. It's a tough call, and one that isn't relevant to every spanking or perhaps even most spankings, but it's something every spanker should be aware of.
I too prefer the slow and steady method. Not only is it more humane, as you noted, but it also extends the intimate contact between the spanker and the spankee which ultimately makes the spanking more satisfying for both:D Of course, it all depends on the individual situation ;) . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

It looks like Lynne is now operating on instinct, which is exactly where her dad was steering her 8-) . I hope you enjoy the new pic . Phil
frantic
frantic
2010.jpg (320.6 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Growing Pains-episode 2 2009

Post by web-ed »

Can't believe I'm the first to comment after four days - I think the pressure of the Christmas season may be having some effect on how much traffic we're getting (maybe I'll check on that and report back).

It's hard to evaluate this latest panel on its own. By itself, there isn't anything particularly striking about it. Only when placed in context (I view the panels in sequence using a photo-viewer) do we see the visual variety and physical progress taking place as Lynne becomes increasingly distressed (on her way to being de-stressed :lol: ). You can see this even if you just look at this panel and two before it.

So good storytelling, Phil. I should say more but I'm getting sleepy. I see that we don't have a "sleepy" smiley so I'll have to use this one :| .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:It's hard to evaluate this latest panel on its own. By itself, there isn't anything particularly striking about it. Only when placed in context (I view the panels in sequence using a photo-viewer) do we see the visual variety and physical progress taking place as Lynne becomes increasingly distressed (on her way to being de-stressed :lol: ). You can see this even if you just look at this panel and two before it.
Hi web-ed,

I'm glad you noticed that progression. I like to depict the various stages as the spanking progresses just as I like to show her bottom gradually getting redder as the spanking goes on and it's nice to know someone noticed :D .
web-ed wrote:So good storytelling, Phil. I should say more but I'm getting sleepy. I see that we don't have a "sleepy" smiley so I'll have to use this one :| .
I'm glad you're enjoying the story :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

We seem to be having the calm before the storm. Lynne's dad is giving her just enough time to realize what's going to happen next. I hope you enjoy the new pic. Phil
realizing
realizing
2011.jpg (304.78 KiB) Viewed 4893 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

is Lynne trying to hold back her tears judging from her facial expression :lol: hope that when dad do take down her panty he realize that she not a little girl anymore :o :D :D :D keep up the great work 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:is Lynne trying to hold back her tears judging from her facial expression :lol: hope that when dad do take down her panty he realize that she not a little girl anymore :o :D :D :D keep up the great work 8-)
Hi Butch,

I think Lynne's tears are still flowing although perhaps they have slowed a bit momentarily since her dad has stopped spanking briefly. I hadn't intended to show that she was deliberately trying to hold them back but I was intending for her expression to show that her bottom end was stinging like the dickens :D . Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the view. Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

In your pic no. 2011, we read Lynne's thoughts as she thinks:

"I just hate needing a spanking! I thought I was past this...!"

And that reminds me of overbarrel's F/F toon by El Manto Negro, where we find a middle-aged mother spanking her twenty-something daughter with a whip. The young woman is taking her punishment stoically, but says: "and I'm not too old for a spanking?" The mother, still spanking away, replies:

"No my sweet dear, you will NEVER be too old for a spanking!"

Face it. Some people just love to deliver spankings when the opportunity presents itself. I don't put overbarrel's father figure in that category, though. He seems to be genuinely devoted to his girls, and wants for them only the best... even if "the best" includes some good, sound, over-the-knee spankings! :D :D

Cheers,
Dan