She Wrote the Book

Movies, Television, and Video, excepting Animation
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

She Wrote the Book

Post by daneldorado »

[Web-Ed's note: I moved this subject and the replies from another topic to here]

Over the years, I have often been asked to name my favorite M/F OTK spanking scene from the movies. I always answer "She Wrote the Book" (1946), and this confuses people... because most folks have never seen that movie, and it is one of those flicks that NEVER seems to be revived on TV or even on video.

Briefly: "She Wrote the Book" (1946) is a romantic comedy in which Joan Davis gets the mother of all spankings from her leading man, Kirby Grant. He sits down and puts Joan over his knee in such a perfect OTK position, I swear he must have been taking lessons from Web-Ed. :D Grant then raises his strong right hand and brings it down sharply, spanking Joan's bottom repeatedly, and the session goes on and on. Clearly, the writers and the director must have been spankos; oh, and add Joan Davis' name to that group. She was well known as a comedienne who didn't mind having her bottom swatted on screen. Jay Flippen landed a solid handsmack to Joan's bottom in "Love That Brute" (1950), and in her TV sitcom in the '50s she was spanked on screen TWICE... although neither of those scenes is nearly as good as the colossal walloping she got from Kirby Grant, in "She Wrote the Book."

All these years, I have waited for a chance to see it again, but to no avail. The movie seems to have fallen completely through the cracks, and it is never revived. But I did find a poster for that film, and I'll try to include it here.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Re: She Wrote the Book

Post by jimc »

yes, thanks to you and cinema swats I have been able to see the spanking scene, It was at Chross's site for a while. Like you I did think the spanking was wonderful. I remember Kirby Grant as Sky King threatening his niece Penny with a spanking on one of the shows and wished that he had. Joan's spankings were hard to find as well as I found her shows, but many of the spankings did not seem to be there (although I did like the one where she did put herself over her father's knee (I do wish that he had taken the hint and spanked her as that would have made the show much better IMHO of course) The one where Jim Backus spanks her I have heard about, but I admit I have never seen. My favorite screen spanking was Donavan's Reef and Look For The Silver Lining as far as movies that I have seen in their entirety. My list would also include: Across the Wide Missouri; Kiss Me Kate; Frontier Gal; and Flying Down To Rio. Now my best spanking poses which I know you say a spanking did not occur was Fuller Brush Man; Father Of the Bride and Our Wife ( I enjoyed the spanking in the movie, but enjoyed the positioning better in the spanking still. Thanks for sharing all your insights and collections with us. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Over the years, I have often been asked to name my favorite M/F OTK spanking scene from the movies. I always answer "She Wrote the Book" (1946), and this confuses people... because most folks have never seen that movie, and it is one of those flicks that NEVER seems to be revived on TV or even on video.

Cheers,
Dan
Dan - thanks for sharing this one with us all. I will add "She Wrote the Book" to my searchlist and see what I can come up with, but it's not something I'll be able to look for anytime soon.

Interestingly, a spanking still from that movie showed up in Humorama, of all places! Yes, Humorama did have some spanking photos, although most of them were posed with live models and the still from "She Wrote the Book" is the only one I've seen. I won't present it here because I'm collecting them for another series, Humorama Spanking Photographs, and we will be seeing it eventually.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

I think Public Debt number 1 has a Great Spanking in it even thought George Murphy was using the wrong hand when spanking Brenda Joyce but the energy was there lot of legs kicking from Mrs. Joyce :lol:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

web-ed wrote:
daneldorado wrote:Over the years, I have often been asked to name my favorite M/F OTK spanking scene from the movies. I always answer "She Wrote the Book" (1946), and this confuses people... because most folks have never seen that movie, and it is one of those flicks that NEVER seems to be revived on TV or even on video.

Cheers,
Dan
Dan - thanks for sharing this one with us all. I will add "She Wrote the Book" to my searchlist and see what I can come up with, but it's not something I'll be able to look for anytime soon.

Interestingly, a spanking still from that movie showed up in Humorama, of all places! Yes, Humorama did have some spanking photos, although most of them were posed with live models and the still from "She Wrote the Book" is the only one I've seen. I won't present it here because I'm collecting them for another series, Humorama Spanking Photographs, and we will be seeing it eventually.

Chross has the spanking scene on his Movie list.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Just to add illustration to Dan's enlightening comments. After all 'they' do say one picture is worth a thousand words. :lol:
She Wrote The Book a photo from The Miami News July 23, 1946
She Wrote The Book Miami News July 23,1946.jpg
She Wrote The Book Miami News July 23,1946.jpg (71.71 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Unfortunately, I've never seen She Wrote the Book. Dailymotion has a grainy clip of the spanking: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59dqcrSomeday I would like to see the whole movie, just to get a sense of the context of the spanking. As you've said, the OTK positioning is perfect and I love the way Ms. Davis kicks and squeals.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Have not seen the whole movie either :( only a short clip! also like how Miss Davis promise to be good as her bottom is being spanked soundly :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

daneldorado wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 pm [Web-Ed's note: I moved this subject and the replies from another topic to here]

Over the years, I have often been asked to name my favorite M/F OTK spanking scene from the movies. I always answer "She Wrote the Book" (1946), and this confuses people... because most folks have never seen that movie, and it is one of those flicks that NEVER seems to be revived on TV or even on video.

Briefly: "She Wrote the Book" (1946) is a romantic comedy in which Joan Davis gets the mother of all spankings from her leading man, Kirby Grant. He sits down and puts Joan over his knee in such a perfect OTK position, I swear he must have been taking lessons from Web-Ed. :D Grant then raises his strong right hand and brings it down sharply, spanking Joan's bottom repeatedly, and the session goes on and on. Clearly, the writers and the director must have been spankos; oh, and add Joan Davis' name to that group. She was well known as a comedienne who didn't mind having her bottom swatted on screen. Jay Flippen landed a solid handsmack to Joan's bottom in "Love That Brute" (1950), and in her TV sitcom in the '50s she was spanked on screen TWICE... although neither of those scenes is nearly as good as the colossal walloping she got from Kirby Grant, in "She Wrote the Book."

All these years, I have waited for a chance to see it again, but to no avail. The movie seems to have fallen completely through the cracks, and it is never revived. But I did find a poster for that film, and I'll try to include it here.

Cheers,
Dan
I have found the movie on a DVD's for sale site & ordered it ;do you want a copy?
dmsherwood53
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am Have not seen the whole movie either :( only a short clip! also like how Miss Davis promise to be good as her bottom is being spanked soundly :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
I have found the movie on a DVD's for sale site & ordered it ;do you want a copy?
dmsherwood53
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am Have not seen the whole movie either :( only a short clip! also like how Miss Davis promise to be good as her bottom is being spanked soundly :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
dmsherwood53
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

dmsherwood53
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

hugob00m wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 am Unfortunately, I've never seen She Wrote the Book. Dailymotion has a grainy clip of the spanking: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59dqcrSomeday I would like to see the whole movie, just to get a sense of the context of the spanking. As you've said, the OTK positioning is perfect and I love the way Ms. Davis kicks and squeals.
dmsherwood53
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

Sweetspot wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm Just to add illustration to Dan's enlightening comments. After all 'they' do say one picture is worth a thousand words. :lol:
She Wrote The Book a photo from The Miami News July 23, 1946
She Wrote The Book Miami News July 23,1946.jpg
dmsherwood53
dmsherwood53

Post by dmsherwood53 »

daneldorado wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 pm [Web-Ed's note: I moved this subject and the replies from another topic to here]

Cheers,
Dan
dmsherwood53
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dmsherwood.
dmsherwood53 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am I have found the movie on a DVD's for sale site & ordered it ;do you want a copy?
I found it on YouTube and watched it. I appreciate the offer, but I don't think I'd watch it often enough to want to own a copy.

Thanks for thinking of us.