publicity stills

Movies, Television, and Video, excepting Animation
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
jimc

publicity stills

Post by jimc »

Media spanking could not be without questions about all the movies that had spanking in the Lobby poster or trailer, but no spanking in the movie itself (Father of the Bride with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor; Red Skelton and Janet Blair in Fuller Brush Man; Janie gets Married; Kiss and Tell with Walter Abel and Shirley Temple; Dear Brat with Mona Freeman and Edward Arnold and Behave Yourself with Shelly Winters and others. Have a happy holiday.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: publicity stills

Post by web-ed »

True. I'm not that expert with old movies, although I do remember the better-known ones with spankings from a long time ago like Look For the Silver LIning and Kiss Me Kate. Chross is more knowledgable than I (so is Richard Windsor) and has a spanking movie data base, and may have some more information on the subject of spanking publicity stills where the film itself was sadly without an actual spanking. I'm pretty sure I've seen a list somewhere - it would be a good resource for us spankos.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

yes indeed Chross and Richard Windsor have quite a few. Here is a small list to get you started. Spencer Tracy Spanking Elizabeth Taylor in FATHER OF THE BRIDE/Red Skelton spanking Janet Blair in FULLER BRUSH MAN/ Robert Hutton spanking Joan Leslie in JANIE GETS MARRIED/ Edward Arnold spanking Mona Freeman in DEAR BRAT/ Walter Abel spanking Shirley Temple in KISS AND TELL/Mark Stevens spanking June Haver in I WONDER WHOS KISSING HER NOW and there was this great scene in a silent movie called THE ROOM NEXT DOOR. This is not a complete list, but it may get you started.
Jim
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

In addition to the fine films remembered by jimc, we can go back even further in movie history and see some excellent spanking scenes in oldies such as:

Stage Struck (1907), where three (3!) girls get spanked, all at the same time;
Riddle Gawne (1918), with William S. Hart spanking Gertrude Short;
East and West (1923), two spanking scenes, both with Sidney Goldin and Molly Picon;
Her Big Night (1926), where John Roche spanks the lovely Laura LaPlante;
Sailor's Luck (1932), with James Dunn putting Sally Eilers OTK;
Professional Sweetheart (1933), Norman Foster spanks Ginger Rogers.

The first four titles above are silent films. Even after the talkies came, film makers continued to shoot scenes where the leading lady gets a good spanking. It was considered normal, and not at all sadistic or depraved. I wish some of that p.o.v. were present among today's film makers.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for the list, Dan, and as always for your expertise on spanking in cinema. I don't think I've seen most of them - perhaps I'll check their availability.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi Dan Thank you for adding to my list of spanking stills. I had forgotten about Professional Sweetheart as the spanking still esp. her wink is one of my more enjoyable stills. I also have to mention that Fuller Brush Man did have 2 different stills and I always think the one with Janet Blair looking over her shoulder is one of the greatest stills of spankings that did not happen. Speaking of Janet Blair in how many movies was she spanked I know Fuller Brush Man was a spanking that did not happen, but I thought that she was spanked in several movies anyway. Have a great day
Jim
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

jimc wrote:

hi Dan Thank you for adding to my list of spanking stills. I had forgotten about Professional Sweetheart as the spanking still esp. her wink is one of my more enjoyable stills. I also have to mention that Fuller Brush Man did have 2 different stills and I always think the one with Janet Blair looking over her shoulder is one of the greatest stills of spankings that did not happen. Speaking of Janet Blair in how many movies was she spanked I know Fuller Brush Man was a spanking that did not happen, but I thought that she was spanked in several movies anyway. Have a great day
Jim

Janet Blair was spanked OTK in her very first film, Three Girls About Town (1941). The "three girls" of the title were played on screen by Joan Blondell, Binnie Barnes, and Janet Blair. In the last scene of the film, Ms. Blondell puts Ms. Blair over her knee and begins spanking. Soon Joan is joined by Ms. Barnes and also supporting character Robert Benchley. It's a long scene and therefore a good one, since there are so many characters spanking Janet and it all takes time. :D

Cheers,
Dan