Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)

Movies, Television, and Video, excepting Animation
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)

Post by daneldorado »

Last night, the STARZ channel finally screened the film "Fifty Shades of Grey" (2015). As you all know, that film is based on an erotic novel written by a British woman who goes by E L James, (no full name and no periods after the initials E and L) and it depicts a lusty relationship between a young American co-ed and a handsome billionaire.

We all know their relationship is marked by the strange fact that the billionaire is a sadist who loves to beat up his women even though he is capable of great love for them. Knowing this, I wondered if the film version would show us a spanking. After all, I am very much in favor of seeing good M/F OTK spankings; but I am not the least bit interested in stronger violence such as nipple clamps and bondage. So, one day about six months ago I posted a question, here on the CSR, asking if anyone who had seen the film could tell me: Is there a spanking? Nobody ever replied.

Well. Now I've seen the movie and the answer is: Yes and no.

Yes, the man -- Christian Grey, played by Jamie Dornan -- does put his lover Anastasia Steele, played by Dakota Johnson -- over his knee, and he does begin to deliver what could have been a pretty good spanking. But alas, the "spanking" lasts for only three swats, and we are allowed to see ONLY ONE swat land on its luscious target. The other two swats are off screen, though the sound track tries to convince us that they did take place.

Dakota Johnson is the daughter of two famous actors, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, so it must have seemed perfectly natural for her to follow them into show business. Being the pervert that I am -- that we ALL are, on this board -- I took to wondering if Dakota actually enjoys having her bottom spanked, because in addition to this movie there is a 2016 film "How to be Single" where she takes eight (8!) handswats to her fanny from actress Leslie Mann, who plays her sister.

Yeah, I know, it's in the script. But still....

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)

Post by web-ed »

Dan,
Thanks for updating us all on this film. I know your interest in cinema spankings is unbounded whereas some of us are more lukewarm about them, perhaps because they vary so widely in quality, or in my case because I hate Hollywood (I do enjoy some of the classics, though, like Kiss Me Kate, Cowcatcher's Daughter, and of course McLintock!). I never even bothered to see the movie, although I was of course a little curious. I wonder about the book - maybe some time I'll get around to reading it after I'm no longer straining my eyes on thousands of comic pages each month.
-- Web-Ed