Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Many models were featured in the Humorama digests, some famous like Bettie Page, some not. Some were drop-dead gorgeous, and some were - well, ordinary-looking girls who were willing to take their clothes off. I wouldn't want to do a feature on the latter for a number of reasons, but here now are three lovely models I've never seen outside the pages of Humorama (except Betty Hansen, who seems to have made it to the cover of some British girly mag whose name escapes me just now).

Why didn't their careers go anywhere? It's hard to say - success in modeling depends on a lot of factors other than the quality of the model, including how well her agency handles her. As we'll see, these three certainly didn't lack for anything physically, and I'd have especially loved to see them (or get them) in spanking position.
Betty Hansen, from the cover of Jest
Betty Hansen, from the cover of Jest
betty_hansen_1.jpg (75.17 KiB) Viewed 11220 times
Patricia Barbeau
Patricia Barbeau
patricia_barbeau_1.jpg (158.65 KiB) Viewed 11220 times
Pat Wiles
Pat Wiles
pat_wiles_1.jpg (205.07 KiB) Viewed 11220 times
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Here are a few more:
  1. "Jean Moorhead is more of a good thing" the blurb reads, and we'll go along with that. She looks plenty spankable, too. (From the May, 1960 issue of Girls and Gags - not a Humorama publication, but we'll let it in here anyway).
  2. I mentioned Meg Myles in Humorama Spanking Positions 1. Here's another view of Meg, from a fairly well-known photo shoot that was reprinted in the July, 1955 issue of Comedy - the same issue that featured the first true Humorama "spanker". Alas, no one thought to spank Meg on camera. I'll mention again that Meg had trouble getting anyone to pay attention to her singing, and you can see why! :)
  3. Madeline Supry was certainly not a top model - I don't ever recall seeing her elsewhere - but she made a pretty good topless model :lol: . O.K., not the greatest joke, but it's the best I can do here in the middle of the night when I should be asleep instead of digging through my files of girlie pictures. This one is from the December, 1964 issue of Stare. Don't stare at it for too long.
  4. Irish McCalla is still fondly remembered by many. Before she became T.V.'s Sheena, she did a lot of swimsuit modeling. Like Meg Myles, we saw her in Humorama Spanking Positions 1, and I've even got a few nude photos of her somewhere. This first pose goes back to the June, 1954 issue of Stare.

5. Lastly, here's another one of Irish from the May, 1960 issue of Girls and Gags. Much as I'd have liked to have seen Irish over someone's knee, this is a very nice pose, and I can't help but note the style of this particular bikini, which seems well-ahead of its time. Seems like I saw something very close to it in the late '90's. Irish was probably in the best physical condition of any of these models, as you can see for yourself if you look carefully... :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of - Bettie

Post by web-ed »

Here's some more pictures of Bettie Page, many of them showing her at her bikini-best. Most of them are taken from various Humorama digests between 1955 and 1962, by which latter date they were certainly reprinted since Bettie had retired from modeling by then.

This one shows off Bettie's spankable bottom:

Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add one more photo
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

it's always nice to revisit some of the old pics of Betty Page :D . i particularly liked the one that showed of her spankable bottom :D . thanks for posting these. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Nice!!! THANKS phil 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Humorama Models - More Bettie + Dianne Weber

Post by web-ed »

Here's a couple more pictures of Bettie Page I forgot to post last time, plus one from another model almost as famous as Bettie.

1. This one reminds us once again that Bettie was possessed of a most spankable bottom:

2. There are certainly a number of color photos of Bettie, for instance bikini shots that wound up on post cards, but not too many nudes. I don't have any details on when or where this one was taken.

3. What surprised me about this photo was how modern it looked, like 1970's or later, even though I knew it was 1956. The model wasn't named, but after a while I realized it was Dianne Weber! Dianne was almost as visible as Bettie in the 50's, and of course they were both Playboy Playmates.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Barbara White, Betty Hansen, and Betty Brosmer

Post by web-ed »

More Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of:

1. Few of Humorama's models were as famous as Bettie Page. Sometimes the model was lacking, but many of them were at least as good-looking as Bettie (who had special qualities beyond her raw material, of course), and why their careers never took off is a mystery. First up is one of those models, Barbara White, whom I don't even recall seeing in any other Humorama digests let alone elsewhere. This shot is from the Oct. 1956 issue of Joker.

2. We saw Betty Hansen earlier (go back to the beginning of this topic) in the only photo I had of her at the time. I've found a few more since then, always in Humorama titles, and believe she made one appearance in a British girlie magazine the title of which escapes me now. Betty looks mighty spankable to me, but then, most women do ;) . This photo of her reclining comfortably came from the June 1962 issue of Gaze, although it was almost certainly taken back in the '50's.

3. Here's another one of Betty that better displays her assets, from the spanking point of view. This one is from the June 1957 issue of Stare.

4. More successful in her modeling career was another Betty, Betty Brosmer, whom we've seen before also. In fact she's featured holding her ankles in Humorama Spanking Positions II on the main site, although I now have some reason to believe it's a different model and not Betty. Betty was quite genetically gifted and also in excellent condition, giving her the narrowest waist of any model see here (perhaps as little as 18"!). I really like to think about Betty getting spanked, probably because of the "I'm so sexy and you better believe I know it!" look she always seems to be giving the camera. I'm not at all sure that was her real personality - her husband, body building entrepreneur Joe Weider, had a definite eye for the commercial and might very well have been present at these photography sessions, perhaps instructing her to look that way.

This one is from the cover of an issue of Chicks and Chuckles from the 50's, and prominently features Betty's behind.

5. Here's Betty from the Jan. 1960 issue of Gee-Whiz. I might mention here that few of the early Humorama models were shot specifically for Humorama; it appears that Bunny Yeager and perhaps some other photographers owned these photos and simply sold copies to editor Abe Goodman. I know that's the case with this one, which I've seen on the cover of some other girlie mag. You can really see Betty's tiny waist in this one. Note that her last name is misspelled, which often happened with Humorama.

6. And one more of Betty from an unknown source. It's possible that she's getting a little help from a padded bra here, but even so she had a great figure. And I really wish I had a photo of her getting spanked, but as far as I know there are none.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i agree that we should have seen more of these :D it would have been even nicer if we had seen them getting spanked too ;) . i really liked the view of Betty Hanson in the blue pants which outline her spankable bottom nicely :D . my favorite of this bunch is the last one of Betty Brosner in her panties, garter belt and hose :D :D . BOY! would i love to turn her over, pull up her dress and discover that! what a treat to see before uncovering her bottom for the spanking ;) :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I enjoyed seeing the photos you found of Betty Brosmer, with her incredibly spankable backside! It's too bad she never did a pose turned over a man's knee! Oh well! Here are three more pictures of her that I ran across on a bing websearch.
betty brosmer 3.jpg
betty brosmer 3.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 10441 times
betty brosmer2.jpg
betty brosmer2.jpg (38.71 KiB) Viewed 10441 times
betty brosmer.jpg
betty brosmer.jpg (97.22 KiB) Viewed 10441 times
YUM!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Betty Brosmer

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for posting these, b00m. I'd seen at least two of them before, but they're good. Many photos of Brosmer are available. There were a few photos taken of Brosmer in the early '60's offered through JEM magazine (published by her husband, Joe Weider) which may have never made it to the internet, and if so, it would certainly be interesting to see them. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I enjoyed seeing the photos you found of Betty Brosmer, with her incredibly spankable backside! It's too bad she never did a pose turned over a man's knee! Oh well! Here are three more pictures of her that I ran across on a bing websearch.
hi Boom,

more nice pics :D i particularly like the first one where her dress is pulled way up, although that last one certainly does show off her spankable bottom too :D . thanks for posting them. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Here's yet another batch of these cuties.

1. Carol Deane - I don't remember seeing her anywhere else, but she has a nice, submissive look.

2. Debbi Moore - the two shots below are the only ones I remember of Debbi. Not sure why I originally put her in the file - probably because most women look spankable to me! :lol: In the second photo she does look like she could take a pretty good paddling.

3. I've only seen two photos of Diedre Jeans, but she impressed me with her super-spankable bottom.

4. Eileen Elton is another model I only remember seeing once, but once was enough in the sense of convincing me we should have seen more, preferably in spanking position.

5. Unlike the others, Donaldo Jordan was a regular fixture in the Humorama digests. She was one of their best-looking models as you can see, and appeared with a variety of hairstyles - not that I paid much attention to them. :)

-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

more good pics from humorama :D . i like pic 1 of Carol Deane very much............nice outfit she's wearing :lol: . my other favorite is pic 3 of Diedre Jeans and i too was impressed by her shapely and very spankable bottom :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

More Humorama Models

Post by web-ed »

Time for another installment of this series.

1. Elaine Summers, from the Feb. 1962 Laugh Digest. Elaine was one of the many models in Humorama whose modeling careers apparently went nowhere. It's hard to say why that was since many of them were as good-looking as the more-successful Bettie Page and Dianne Weber.

2. Elvira Virias also only appeared once or twice, but had a highly-spankable bottom. This shot came from the Jan. 1957 issue of Comedy.

3. This next model is billed only as "Fabulous Fanny" and whether that was her name or the editor's judgment we can't say. I couldn't help noticing there's a stool next to her just right for bending her over... ;)

4. I'm sure I've posted another picture of Patricia Barbeau here somewhere - this one, from the Aug. 1957 issue of Gaze, is obviously from the same shoot, the only one that ever ended up in Humorama I'm sorry to say. As we can see, Patricia had everything needed for a girlie picture, and would have made a great spankee!

5. Gina Graham is yet another model I can't recall seeing anywhere else. She looks pretty good in this Jan. 1971 issue of Zip, however.

6. Finally, several months ago I actually received an email from a Humorama model :D ! (Not as the Web-Ed, but in one of my other identities which is also involved with Humorama). It's nice to know some of these girls are still around. Here's a sexy-looking Doris Gohlke from the back cover of the November 1961 issue of Romp, the only place I remember seeing her:
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Model Elvira Virias indeed have a very spankable bottom otk or bending over waiting for the paddle :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

thanks for new pics :D . you mentioned that Elaine Summers modeling career went no where. i don't remember when "Twiggy" arrived on the scene but after her, models started getting thinner and thinner...............a trend that pissed me off to no end, i might add :evil: . i have to agree with you that Elvira has a highly spankable bottom..............although i was only 8 at the time the pic was taken, i can certainly appreciate it now :D . i love the name "Fabulous Fanny" :lol: ...........and i have to admit, i would definitely have been willing to give her a spanking ;) . btw, that flip hairstyle that Gina Graham is wearing may look out of place now but it still seems pretty normal to an old guy like me :lol: . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Time for another installment of this series!

1. Tana Louise - Tana started out as a stripper - "The Cincinnati Sinner". I've always wondered if Tana was confused with Tina Louise (best known as "Ginger" on Gilligan's Island), who was also modelling at this time and if that confusion was deliberate. Tina did in fact sue her over the use of this name. Her figure was as good as Tina's, and she was featured in a few places outside of Humorama, including the fetish magazine Exotique and working for Irving Klaw.

The sentiment expressed here was of course not hers but the editor's: "The most disappointed people in the world are those who get what's coming to them!" I can't help but think, from this slightly smug pose and perhaps for ripping off Tina's name, that what Tana had coming to her was a good spanking :lol: !

2. Monique Devereaux did have a modelling career outside Humorama and was seen in several men's magazines, although I don't remember which ones. She was obviously sought after for her large bosom but as far as we can judge from this photo had a nice spankable bottom as well.
From the December 1968 issue of Laugh Digest.

3. Lisa Matthews is probably the biggest of the bunch, if you understand my meaning ;) . I had the idea that she was a Playboy Playmate of the Month, but when I checked just now all I found was a different girl from 1990. Anyway, I do believe this Lisa had some modelling success outside of Humorama. This picture was taken from the January 1968 issue of Romp although I believe it was reprinted there and had appeared earlier. I like the "Uh oh!" expression on her face, as though she's just been caught being naughty and knows she's about to get spanked. :D

4. Marion Fuchs - I have no idea who her agent was, but he should have chosen a different professional name for her, or she should have gotten a new agent. This one suggests the rejoinder "Thanks for the tip" :lol:. This pose is from the February 1962 Laugh Riot; I do not recall seeing poor Marion anywhere else.

-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Tana Louise or tan her bottom?

How do you pronounce Fuchs?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Tana Louise or tan her bottom?

How do you pronounce Fuchs?
1. Tan her bottom, definitely :lol: !

2. That is indeed the $64,000 question. I suppose it's "fyooks" like the 17th and 18th-century composer Johann Joseph Fux, but really, these people need to get new surnames. :roll:
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I remember that when actor Timothy Bottoms started to become popular that a film critic said that in the "Golden Days of Hollywood" his surname would have been changed post haste.