Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I enjoyed seeing the photos you found of Betty Brosmer, with her incredibly spankable backside! It's too bad she never did a pose turned over a man's knee! Oh well! Here are three more pictures of her that I ran across on a bing websearch.
hi Boom,

more nice pics :D i particularly like the first one where her dress is pulled way up, although that last one certainly does show off her spankable bottom too :D . thanks for posting them. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Here's yet another batch of these cuties.

1. Carol Deane - I don't remember seeing her anywhere else, but she has a nice, submissive look.

2. Debbi Moore - the two shots below are the only ones I remember of Debbi. Not sure why I originally put her in the file - probably because most women look spankable to me! :lol: In the second photo she does look like she could take a pretty good paddling.

3. I've only seen two photos of Diedre Jeans, but she impressed me with her super-spankable bottom.

4. Eileen Elton is another model I only remember seeing once, but once was enough in the sense of convincing me we should have seen more, preferably in spanking position.

5. Unlike the others, Donaldo Jordan was a regular fixture in the Humorama digests. She was one of their best-looking models as you can see, and appeared with a variety of hairstyles - not that I paid much attention to them. :)

-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

more good pics from humorama :D . i like pic 1 of Carol Deane very much............nice outfit she's wearing :lol: . my other favorite is pic 3 of Diedre Jeans and i too was impressed by her shapely and very spankable bottom :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

More Humorama Models

Post by web-ed »

Time for another installment of this series.

1. Elaine Summers, from the Feb. 1962 Laugh Digest. Elaine was one of the many models in Humorama whose modeling careers apparently went nowhere. It's hard to say why that was since many of them were as good-looking as the more-successful Bettie Page and Dianne Weber.

2. Elvira Virias also only appeared once or twice, but had a highly-spankable bottom. This shot came from the Jan. 1957 issue of Comedy.

3. This next model is billed only as "Fabulous Fanny" and whether that was her name or the editor's judgment we can't say. I couldn't help noticing there's a stool next to her just right for bending her over... ;)

4. I'm sure I've posted another picture of Patricia Barbeau here somewhere - this one, from the Aug. 1957 issue of Gaze, is obviously from the same shoot, the only one that ever ended up in Humorama I'm sorry to say. As we can see, Patricia had everything needed for a girlie picture, and would have made a great spankee!

5. Gina Graham is yet another model I can't recall seeing anywhere else. She looks pretty good in this Jan. 1971 issue of Zip, however.

6. Finally, several months ago I actually received an email from a Humorama model :D ! (Not as the Web-Ed, but in one of my other identities which is also involved with Humorama). It's nice to know some of these girls are still around. Here's a sexy-looking Doris Gohlke from the back cover of the November 1961 issue of Romp, the only place I remember seeing her:
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Model Elvira Virias indeed have a very spankable bottom otk or bending over waiting for the paddle :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

thanks for new pics :D . you mentioned that Elaine Summers modeling career went no where. i don't remember when "Twiggy" arrived on the scene but after her, models started getting thinner and thinner...............a trend that pissed me off to no end, i might add :evil: . i have to agree with you that Elvira has a highly spankable bottom..............although i was only 8 at the time the pic was taken, i can certainly appreciate it now :D . i love the name "Fabulous Fanny" :lol: ...........and i have to admit, i would definitely have been willing to give her a spanking ;) . btw, that flip hairstyle that Gina Graham is wearing may look out of place now but it still seems pretty normal to an old guy like me :lol: . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Time for another installment of this series!

1. Tana Louise - Tana started out as a stripper - "The Cincinnati Sinner". I've always wondered if Tana was confused with Tina Louise (best known as "Ginger" on Gilligan's Island), who was also modelling at this time and if that confusion was deliberate. Tina did in fact sue her over the use of this name. Her figure was as good as Tina's, and she was featured in a few places outside of Humorama, including the fetish magazine Exotique and working for Irving Klaw.

The sentiment expressed here was of course not hers but the editor's: "The most disappointed people in the world are those who get what's coming to them!" I can't help but think, from this slightly smug pose and perhaps for ripping off Tina's name, that what Tana had coming to her was a good spanking :lol: !

2. Monique Devereaux did have a modelling career outside Humorama and was seen in several men's magazines, although I don't remember which ones. She was obviously sought after for her large bosom but as far as we can judge from this photo had a nice spankable bottom as well.
From the December 1968 issue of Laugh Digest.

3. Lisa Matthews is probably the biggest of the bunch, if you understand my meaning ;) . I had the idea that she was a Playboy Playmate of the Month, but when I checked just now all I found was a different girl from 1990. Anyway, I do believe this Lisa had some modelling success outside of Humorama. This picture was taken from the January 1968 issue of Romp although I believe it was reprinted there and had appeared earlier. I like the "Uh oh!" expression on her face, as though she's just been caught being naughty and knows she's about to get spanked. :D

4. Marion Fuchs - I have no idea who her agent was, but he should have chosen a different professional name for her, or she should have gotten a new agent. This one suggests the rejoinder "Thanks for the tip" :lol:. This pose is from the February 1962 Laugh Riot; I do not recall seeing poor Marion anywhere else.

-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Tana Louise or tan her bottom?

How do you pronounce Fuchs?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Tana Louise or tan her bottom?

How do you pronounce Fuchs?
1. Tan her bottom, definitely :lol: !

2. That is indeed the $64,000 question. I suppose it's "fyooks" like the 17th and 18th-century composer Johann Joseph Fux, but really, these people need to get new surnames. :roll:
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I remember that when actor Timothy Bottoms started to become popular that a film critic said that in the "Golden Days of Hollywood" his surname would have been changed post haste.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:I remember that when actor Timothy Bottoms started to become popular that a film critic said that in the "Golden Days of Hollywood" his surname would have been changed post haste.
No question about it - he'd have become "Timothy Powers" or some such. Too bad Timothy Bottoms never got to the bottom of things by giving any spankings to his female co-stars like Lindsay Wagner or Cybill Shepherd, although as I recall he made it to second base with the latter on-screen in The Last Picture Show. A spanking would have been better as her character, Jacy, most definitely deserved one :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Time for another installment of this series. This time, we focus on three women who became very famous and successful:

1. Raquel Welch - Raquel had a great publicity man who must have sold her pictures practically everywhere. Some of them wound up with Humorama, with the one we see here coming from the November 1973 issue of Popular Jokes. Raquel had so much sex appeal she basically defined the term during this period, and appeared so often in so many places one might argue that she really doesn't belong in a series devoted to women who should have been seen more of. My only response is that CSR readers will agree that one more appearance - namely here - won't hurt! :lol:

2. The spankability of Marilyn Monroe, seen here with her dog(?) in the June, 1953 issue of Stare, should be beyond question. I note that her knees are perfectly straight and that she's bending over slightly - a little more and she'd be in good position for the paddle. Monroe was already a star by 1953, so I wonder if this picture was taken a bit earlier, when the pre-bikini-style two-piece swim suit she appears to be wearing would have been at the peak of its popularity. Stare tended to feature more photos than cartoons, and is the only Humorama publication to have had no known spanking cartoons during the "classic" period of 1955-60 (two issues from that era remain to be searched).

3. Sheree North (1932 - 2005) had a fairly long career first as a dancer and later as an actress, but never quite reached the pinnacle of stardom. It may have been that she was caught in an uncomfortable place between Marilyn Monroe, whom we saw above and whom 20th Century Fox apparently wanted to replace with North, and Jayne Mansfield, who ended up with some of the roles that could logically have gone to North.

Early in her career, Sheree did some modeling for pictures and 8mm film. This pose came from the back cover of the January 1955 issue of TV Girls and Gags (technically a Humorama rival and not a true Humorama publication). Since her contract with Fox began in 1954, I'd guess this picture was taken shortly before that time. She looks almost sad here, but I'd rank her as quite spankable nonetheless.
Image :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Ann Keith

Post by web-ed »

Wow - four years since I've posted anything here :!: Well, it's been a busy time (and a bad time) as everyone knows. Really, I should be getting caught up on the posts made by others, but I'm on sort of a kick right now to get us all in the mood for (Super Spanking) Summer. And women in swimwear are just what the Doctor ordered!

I've amassed a large quantity of Humorama models and I'll start going through them when I can, generally in no particular order but with some dependency on how much I need to say about them. Fortunately for my schedule this week, little needs to be said about model Ann Keith, seen here in the August 1970 issue of Popular Jokes, because her figure is good enough to do the talking.

Ann was one of those models who appeared relatively few times in Humorama publications; in fact, this is the only photo of her I remember. (Of course this is by memory as I don't have a data base of all the Humorama photographs but did keep records on a few of them, including of course any actual spanking photos of which there were several that will be posted at a later date). Nonetheless she's got everything she needs and looks pretty spankable from here. :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Cute girl, cute swimsuit.

Too bad she didn't do an OTK pose... but then... neither did Julie Newmar, Irish McCalla, or Betty Brosmer. :( :( :( :(

Bettie Page did, but they were all F/F. :( :( :( :(
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

would have love to see Bettie Page over a man`s knee :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Ann Bessart Part 1

Post by web-ed »

Obviously I was unable to continue what I restarted last year, so let's continue now with a model named Ann Bessart. She was not anything like a mainstay at Humorama, being in only two photos that I remember seeing.

From Gee-Whiz, October 1966

Ann didn't have a big bust but she did possess a pretty face and a fine fanny :lol: making her spankable by any reasonable standard. What torments me now is that I know I had another photo of her from this same shoot but without the bathing suit, displaying her bare bottom! Somehow that second scan became lost and I have never found it again (it was from a different issue).

I do, however, have a copy of the original photo that we'll see in the follow-up post, and an enhanced version of that photo we can look at right now:

-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Ann Bessart Part 2

Post by web-ed »

Continued from Part 1 (to get around the board's two-link-per-post limit). Let's see the actual photo Humorama used, as it tells us a great deal about where they got their photographs. It was always obvious they didn't have their own staff photographers, but now we can see they didn't even use freelancers, except indirectly through a third party:

It appears from the reverse-side that Humorama relied on a company called Graphic House, Inc. for at least some of its photos, and I suspect it was most of them. Apparently, Humorama only had the right to print these photos once, and I have to wonder if they obeyed that part of the agreement or if when they reprinted these photos - and we know that many or even most of them were reprinted in later issues - they paid Graphic House a second time.

Now, I don't believe that the actual photographs were ever sent to the printer; rather, page mock-ups were done as photostatic copies they prepared of the original plus whatever caption the editor wrote. Thus, at reprint time they could simply have dug the photostats out of their files and re-used them. I have documented this occurring in Humorama's last years, although sometimes part of the page was altered, with a different photo or cartoon than appeared originally. Was this done because of the copyright on the photos or because the editor was trying to cover up the fact he was re-using old photostats?

We probably won't ever know the answer, although we now have a clearer picture of how Humorama operated than we had previously. And certainly if Graphic House went out of business some time after 1960, I have to believe Humorama would have just gone on reprinting their stuff without paying for it since there would have been no one to remit payment to. (We do know that Humorama paid the cartoonists when their cartoons were reprinted, at least if they knew where to send the check).

Of some interest to me is the writing "Fun House 11/69" which could have been where the bare-bottomed photo appeared. My notes show that Ann was in that issue, but which photo was it? I may have to get another copy of that issue to be sure - rats!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Ann Bessart Parts 1 and 2

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Nice find.
web-ed wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:55 pm Ann didn't have a big bust but she did possess a pretty face and a fine fanny making her spankable by any reasonable standard.
Yes! The photographer was able to catch her in a pose and at an angle that we could see her pretty face looking over her shoulder... and yet, the center of attention is her shapely derriere.
web-ed
Site Admin

Anna Vido

Post by web-ed »

Let's see if I can keep this thread going through the summer.

Next up is Anna Vido, from the November 1973 issue of Joker:

B00m just led a discussion on Boobs back on the "Weekly Updates" thread, so I may as well admit here that most of these "Humorama Models to See More of" were not chosen for that particular attribute even if they have them. It is already fairly obvious that I had "the behind in mind" most of the time, and that is certainly true of Anna here, although a few models (e.g. Joi Lansing and June Wilkinson) made the cut because of their fame or because of their general beauty or yes, because they were "outstanding" in the bust department.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Barbara Meist

Post by web-ed »

I only remember seeing Barbara Meist this once, but a short nightie displaying a bare bottom is sure to get any red-blooded spanko male's imagination going. Although her bottom doesn't stick out very far, it's pretty well-shaped and I think she makes a very attractive prospective spankee. :)

Barbara Meist, from the December 1967 issue of Stare.
-- Web-Ed