Humorama Spanking Cartoons

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Humorama Pea-Shooter Gag

Post by web-ed »

This one isn't quite a "spanker," but it's cute. It's taken from Breezy #28 (Oct. 1958) and is a combination of photo and art, something Humorama did every now and then.

Nice bending-over position with a tempting target, and while a pea-shooter isn't as good as a paddle, it's still fun! :lol:

By the way, there were also two true "spankers" in this issue, and while I already had copies in my files, the new scans will be added and we'll see them as part of the Humorama Series.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Humorama Spanking Cartoons

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i got a chuckle out of this one. you know, it seems to me that drawings really have more potential than actual photographs do. case in point, the grin on the man with the pea shooter :lol: . of course. it's always nice to see a real girl too so this worked out well all around :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Paging Jeff Patton

Post by web-ed »

[An open letter to Jeff Patton]

Dear Jeff,

I read your Humorama article for Scarlett Hill. If you're out there somewhere and see this, and if you'd like to write an article for CSR on the Humorama spanking cartoons, please contact me. My research into Humorama is ongoing, and I'm planning to write an article myself one of these days comparing the "Big Five" (Ward, Wenzel, Stiles, DeCarlo, and Homer), but I'd still value having your opinions in a separate article. And of course feel free to comment in this forum.

Thanks.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Drawings Vs. Pictures

Post by web-ed »

I think you're right, Phil, and the drawings do have more potential than actual photographs. I suppose it was natural for Humorama to try these mixed-medium gags since there were photos in every digest, sometimes just models in various stages of undress, and once with a spanking still from a movie (the only photographic depiction of a spanking I remember in these digests). This particular model, whom I don't recognize, was well-equipped to provide a good target for the grinning guy with the pea-shooter.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

There's a Bill Wenzel cartoon that is posted in your humor section, comparing the different signatures he sometimes used. I've never seen a really good copy of the "junior" cartoon, but I cleaned up the one you have, as much as I could do, and straightened out the weird angle.
Wenzel 22a.jpg
Wenzel 22a.jpg (111.44 KiB) Viewed 8664 times
There's a lot to like about this one. First of all there's an attractive woman being spanked on the seat of her panties... and there are the two ladies in the doorway. One is perhaps a new girl to the office, stunned at the sight of one of her colleagues in such a predicament. The other seems pretty nonchalant about the whole thing, as if, maybe that kind of thing happens all the time around there... and the position of her hands suggests (at least to my fevered brain) that she just might have been a recent recipient of a spanking herself! Could be that's how she knows about Junior!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

WHAT NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THIS SPANKING IS RIGHT!!!! GREAT OVER THE KNEE POSITION WITH THE SPANKEE`S BOTTOMS UP HIGH ALSO LOVE THAT THERE IS WITNESSES WATCHING :lol: THIS REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SEEN ON TV MAD MAN :o
daneldorado

More New (?) Toons to Ponder

Post by daneldorado »

I don't know if any of these toons are already in your CSR site. Anyway, I found these in my files and thought I would send them to you:

This is my favorite of all the Dan DeCarlos I've seen:

And this one looks like a Wenzel we haven't seen yet:

More toons coming.

Cheers,
Dan
daneldorado

Re: More New (?) Toons to Ponder

Post by daneldorado »

Here's a couple more toons from my attic, er, files:

This next one, by Kirk Stiles, gives me a tingle every time I look at it. Why do you suppose that is?

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks for posting these, Dan! I've seen all of them before, but the scans I saw weren't as clear as the ones you just posted. My favorite of the four is the Wenzel one. The lady's backside is nicely rounded, and at the higher resolution, I can see the brushstrokes of the shading that make her look three-dimensional and make the fabric of her dress look thin and filmy!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

THANKS DAN FOR POSTING!!!! The Wenzel spanking has to be his best spanking drawing that I seen the so far! love how he drew her buttocks so round and plump she kinda look like one of Bill Ward drawing wished he would had giving the guy a hairbrush to spank her full bottom with :lol:The Kirk Stiles spanking is also nice love the over the knee position of the spankee with her bottom sticking up!! Can see that the spanker in charge juding how he holding her by the arm to keep her in place :twisted: The other two drawing are great too although I have seen them before. Just had a Earthquake here where I live and gotta leave the building THANKS!!!!!!!!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

my favorite it the one with the gag about the hiccups. i love the spankee's position in this one with her bottom high up and her feet dangling :D they are all good ones though. thanks for posting these. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for posting these, Dan. Only one of them has appeared on CSR to this point: the Stiles "Fatherly Interest" spanking which I posted a couple of months ago, in a photostatic copy that is not as good as this scan. As to the others, the Wenzel "hiccup cure spanking" is new to me and will be added to the Humorama tote board (and to the series, of course), the Wenzel "trumped ace spanking" was one I discovered myself only a couple of weeks ago in one of the old digests, and the DeCarlo in several versions has been in my files for some time (now with one more version).
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

b00m, you did a fine job cleaning this one up! I'll be sure to add your version to the original page.

I've never seen a better version of this one, either - I think it must be very rare. But I'm still acquiring a few old Humorama digests every now and then, so maybe it will turn up in one of them.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Lost Kirk?

Post by daneldorado »

I found a cartoon by Kirk Stiles that I don't think I've seen posted here before. Have you seen this?

While we're at it, WHERE is the lady's right arm?

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Re: Lost Kirk?

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

i don't remember seeing this one before. thanks for posting it :D . i like the gag. it seems our spankee was figuring on getting a spanking but thought it was to hard for the crime :lol: it looks to me like the spanker seems really happy about the whole thing :lol: . i have no idea about the right arm. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

She may have hold of his old feller with it.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Yes, I have Mike's copy that he obtained from a Humorama digest in the 60's. I scanned it a year ago but haven't gotten around to Stiles yet in the Humorama series. I will probably start a Stiles mini-series next week after my last Wenzel cartoon gets posted this week. At this point I have more Stiles in the Files than any other of the Humorama "Big Five", and CSR's readers can expect to see a few they haven't before.

This version is slightly different from mine, and may have been a copy made from the original appearance which I haven't identified yet. The gag is good enough. Dan is certainly "right" about her right arm, but also take a look at her waist! Stiles was capable of lovely work - at this best, I think his girls are the most beautiful of those drawn by any of the Big Five - but his inconsistency is maddening! Even the right side of her bottom looks too thin, as if it doesn't match the left side. I think haste is the culprit with Stiles - when something didn't look right, he didn't take the time to erase it and start over. By the way, the tiny feet are a recurring characteristic I wouldn't call a flaw - more like a stylistic variation.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

A lost Wenzel?

Post by daneldorado »

Okay, now here is a drawing by Bill Wenzel that I have dubbed, probably incorrectly, "a lost Wenzel." Surely it is not truly "lost," especially to Web-ed and those few other serious collectors of this type of toon. Also, my copy has no captions. But the scene is such that anyone can make up their own captions, though I have not tried.

My main interest in this cartoon is that it is, to my eyes, extremely sexy. The girl being spanked is full-breasted, she is arching her back so that her bottom sits high over the man's lap, and I really like that her skirt is elevated so that it reveals her curvaceous thighs but does not quite reveal her panties. Mmm, my dream girl.

I'd love to hear what you other guys think about this one. Don't think it's been posted here yet... or has it?

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Re: A lost Wenzel?

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote: My main interest in this cartoon is that it is, to my eyes, extremely sexy. The girl being spanked is full-breasted, she is arching her back so that her bottom sits high over the man's lap, and I really like that her skirt is elevated so that it reveals her curvaceous thighs but does not quite reveal her panties. Mmm, my dream girl.
hi Dan,

i too like this pic for quite a few reasons, some of which you have already mentioned. i also enjoy the view of the expanse of flesh above her hose ;) and the way her dress is raised although i would have preferred it if he had raised it a bit more to show her panties. another thing that makes this pic so horny is the expressions. whatever she did, it obviously pissed off our spanker and he seems intent on making sure it doesn't happen again. without a caption i would have to say that this is a non consensual spanking. from the position of her legs and her expression i would say that he has probably just landed the first swat, a good, hard one. her legs are up as if they shot up there as the sting from that swat sunk in. the stiff position of her arms goes along with this too. the surprised and very worried look on her face makes me think that she knows that this is just the beginning and that he is going to blister her bottom good before he lets her up. just the kind of spanking i like best :D . i'm betting that if Wenzel had done a second pic a minute or 2 later we would have seen our naughty spankee kicking and squalling :D it's probably just a coincidence but the wrinkles on the pocket seem to make a scowling face with the eyes looking at the spankee :lol:
daneldorado wrote:I'd love to hear what you other guys think about this one. Don't think it's been posted here yet... or has it?
i'm no expert on these toons but i don't remember seeing this one before. i agree with your comment about the scene being one where someone could easily make up a caption for it. i didn't exactly do that but the drawing did bring things to my mind which i have discussed above. it's hard to say but the lack of a caption on this one might actually be a good thing. i would, however, like to see the original caption. good find Dan. thanks for posting it. phil
daneldorado

New (?) b&w toons

Post by daneldorado »

Here is an old xerox copy of a toon from an artist I'm not familiar with. (Carpelli?) I might have been able to "clean up" some of the shadows invariably left on a drawing by the old xerox machines, but I'm not sure this drawing is worth the effort. Still, it's cute, although the scenario is very unlikely. Nice to look at, though.

Now, THIS is more like it! Again, I am not familiar with this guy's work (Quentin Miller?), but I very much like the OTK positioning and especially the caption.

I raised three children -- two boys, one girl -- and although they were born in a recent decade, after all the "politically correct" B.S. was in effect, I found that I still had to spank them when they were naughty and not receptive to milder forms of persuasion. Thank God, my children all turned out okay... and I suspect that the spankings they got as children had something to do with the directions they took in life.

The lady in the picture is not a child, but we all know that even women in their 20s and 30s are sometimes in need of corrective measures. The guy in the toon has the right idea, I think. Put away the psychology books, and put the miscreant OTK!

I wonder what you guys will have to say about these? Maybe you've seen them before, maybe not. Lemme know.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.